Quickening - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 11-22-2010, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I swear that yesterday and today I have felt movements.  One yesterday and one today.  This is my third, so I know it's not gas.  If it's not the baby I don't know what it is!  I'm 9 weeks and 3 days, is that even possible?  I am SUPER thin, so maybe it is?

I felt movement at 12 and 11 weeks with my other two, but my second pregnancy I had an anterior placenta so those first little movements stopped around 12 weeks and I didn't feel her again until around 18.

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 42 Old 11-22-2010, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

I'm pretty positive I've been feeling the flutters now. I'm 12 weeks, almost 13 I guess. I haven't felt any of those real solid kicks yet, but definitely feeling flutters. I would be shocked if it WASN'T the baby.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#33 of 42 Old 11-26-2010, 12:46 AM

So, I posted before that in my past pregnancies, I notice flutters about 14 weeks.  Well, today I am 12 w 2 days and I know I just felt flutters.  More than one. Very cool...

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#34 of 42 Old 11-27-2010, 12:57 PM

With my first, I felt her move at 16 weeks. This time around, I SWEAR I was feeling the baby at 11. We went in for a checkup at 11.5 weeks and my midwife was trying to find the baby's heartbeat with the doppler and after a minute or so, I finally told her the baby's exact location (I could feel it the whole time; just wanted to be polite :)). I was exactly right. At first she had told me it was too early for me to feel but after that she said maybe I really could feel this little one :)!

Now I am at 13 weeks and I felt some stronger movements last night (though still very faint compared to those big third trimester moves). It was fun because I was rocking and cradling my 17-month-old at the time and her feet were skimming my tummy!

Oh, and FWIW I am NOT a skinny mama. Who knows why I feel them so early?! :)

Blogging SAHM to daughters Q (6/09) and R (6/11). computergeek2.gif

#35 of 42 Old 11-27-2010, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

i'm technically in the may ddc but i lurk over here too just in case! (due may 26)

i'm 15 weeks on monday and i've been feeling DEFINITE movement since 12 weeks...it really started picking up at 13 weeks and is now to the point where if i lay on one side between 8 and 11 pm i feel the baby bouncing all over the place! this is my second, with my first i felt him first around 16-17 weeks i think.

mama to 9 year old h  and 3 year old z

#36 of 42 Old 11-27-2010, 04:06 PM

I am 14 weeks today. I swear last night somebody was kicking away at me, either that or it was the strangest gas I ever had. It was right at the front and top of where my uterus is (I guess the fundus?) and it was distinct and almost hurt.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#37 of 42 Old 11-28-2010, 02:29 PM

I felt the baby for the first time today! I was sitting forward by the woodstove reading the paper and felt a very distinct small kick feeling. So neat!

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#38 of 42 Old 11-28-2010, 06:15 PM

I was coming here to see the dates of when people started feeling movement. I am between 9 and 10 weeks today (my early u/s dated me at 9 weeks today but formula has me at almost 10 weeks). Last night when I was laying in bed awake I was swearing I was feeling fluttering...it was similar to popcorn popping. At first I thought perhaps gas...and it still could have been I guess...but it felt a little more distinct and centralized. Just curious if anyone has felt that early? My DS I did not feel moving until about 14 weeks...but that was fairly early for a first child I guess. I am thin so would that be a reason I could maybe feel the baby sooner?

Wife to DH (06/09/01), Mother to DS coolshine.gif (04/10/06) saynovax.gif and rescuer of dachshunds ~ and joy.gifthat our rainbow1284.gif arrived (06/10/11) safe and sound. Love cd.gif our little one ~ and lactivist.gif

#39 of 42 Old 11-29-2010, 09:15 AM

I am almost positive that I felt movement todayluxlove.gif  I am 13 weeks.  I have been feeling flutters but todays was not really a flutter it was definately more  lol.gif

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#40 of 42 Old 11-29-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by painefaria View Post

I am almost positive that I felt movement today" rel="http://files.mothering.com/images/smilies/luxlove.gif">luxlove.gif  I am 13 weeks.  I have been feeling flutters but todays was not really a flutter it was definately more  " rel="http://files.mothering.com/images/smilies/lol.gif">lol.gif

I'm also 13 weeks. Just a few minutes ago I felt baby moving for the first time. It was some serious wiggling, too! So happy. It is really special to make that connection with the little human in there! Yay orngbiggrin.gif

xo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#41 of 42 Old 11-30-2010, 06:17 AM

If I remember correctly a few mamas posted here about feeling their babies around 10w.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokidoki View Post

I was coming here to see the dates of when people started feeling movement. I am between 9 and 10 weeks today (my early u/s dated me at 9 weeks today but formula has me at almost 10 weeks). Last night when I was laying in bed awake I was swearing I was feeling fluttering...it was similar to popcorn popping. At first I thought perhaps gas...and it still could have been I guess...but it felt a little more distinct and centralized. Just curious if anyone has felt that early? My DS I did not feel moving until about 14 weeks...but that was fairly early for a first child I guess. I am thin so would that be a reason I could maybe feel the baby sooner?

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#42 of 42 Old 11-30-2010, 04:33 PM

I'm 10 weeks and a few days and for sure have felt one flutter a day for the past couple of days...With my first I started feeling it at 11/12 weeks and didn't recognize what it was until it became stronger over time, but this time I know what I'm feeling. It's usually at night, when we're relaxed on the couch after dinner. I felt it right above my pubic bone, as opposed to the higher gassy gurglings. So exciting! 

Mama to one darling and wild 3 year old, and growing a tiny new June Bean.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page