Lets chat Nov 13-20 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 46 Old 11-13-2010, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello ladies

I am 9 weeks today. My symptoms have lessened quite a bit, but I think I have been so busy that I just am not focusing on them as much. Still pretty tired by nighttime and heaven help me when I take my bra off at night. It almost makes me cry my boobs hurt so bad.

I am in a city 2.5 hours away from where we live right now because my husband is in the hospital recovering from a bowel resection. My kids are with grandparents and I miss them terribly, also knowing if they were here it would be horrible. I really need to focus on Kev right now.

My oldest also had his tonsils out last Friday but he is healing up well. Overall its been a pretty stressful week. I told Kev that I want a week next month that is ALL about me...:lol

I am having my first prenatal appointment in around 3 weeks :)

How is everyone else doing?

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#2 of 46 Old 11-13-2010, 02:03 PM

Goodness, what a week, Vanessa!  I hope you're hanging in there!  I hope you can find some good things in this time with your DH.  Sorry you have to be away from your babies!  Wow.  I hope you get your break soon!  Although your DH could probably use some not-painful-recovery time of his own too.  Maybe you two will be able to get away for a weekend or something.  We haven't left DD overnight EVER and we definitely plan to remedy that before we have baby #2!

I am 11 weeks today/tomorrow.  I really can't believe it.  Being that the majority of my friends/loved ones don't know yet, it just seems to be flying by.  I also am having a lessening of nasea.  Yay!  It still hurts to nurse, though.  We have an appointment next Thursday, and I am excited to hear the heartbeat!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#3 of 46 Old 11-13-2010, 03:21 PM

8w5d here.  I had my first midwife appointment yesterday and got to hear the heartbeat :)  Now it seems much more real.  The nausea is coming and going in waves.  Thankfully the tiredness isn't as bad as it was at this time with DD because I'm working full time this time around and a full time student!  Yikes.  I'm just glad this babe isn't coming until June, I'll have a solid 2mo after I graduate.

Hope it's a great week for all.  Yeah Fall is arriving!

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

#4 of 46 Old 11-13-2010, 05:09 PM

I'm 12.5w now; feeling regular kicks, still nauseous as all hell, and had a 'dating' ultrasound that lasted all of 10 minutes. It was very wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am and the tech was totally rude! They have so many rules now since they enacted that money grab for knowing the gender that you're not even allowed to make small talk with the technician. Even a simple, "Am I allowed to ask what the heartrate is?" was returned with a sharp, "When I do it I'll tell you". Yikes!

If the hyperemesis gravidum wasn't a problem, I'd honestly have almost no symptoms: my tiredness is fine, my appetite is fine, cravings are present but controllable, my breasts only *just* started getting sore and swollen but it's not enough to be too notable... if I'd just stop being paralyzed with debilitating nausea 9-15 hours a day it'd be great! I'm on 9+ Diclectin a day along with back up doses of Gravol and it's barely contained. I just got a batch of Zofran in but I don't want to start on it unless I have to, since it's so constipating (I already have seriously bad issues with IBS and I don't want to push it!).

Currently loving sushi and chocolate milk. I was telling my friends I'm so glad I'm not the "what to expect" paranoid type... or else I'd never survive this pregnancy! Sushi is my friend! :)

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#5 of 46 Old 11-13-2010, 05:48 PM

Not much here, finished up two kiddies birthdays. My birthday is the 18th, I will be 37! I feel wiser, but otherwise like my long ago 20y/o self. I am sewing napkins for Thanksgiving and then the kids are going to embroider felt leaves and pumpkins to match our table runner we made last year. I have been having decent days, not feeling fabulous, but not like death either. I am so thankful to unisom and b-6. Our house offer seems to be falling apart. Just days after we submitted an offer for a house in WI, a farm, another family also submitted an offer and now it looks like the owners might accept theirs instead. I feel sad and frustrated about as this is the third house we have tried to buy and something or other have happened. Trying not be too frustrated and just working on accepting God's plan for this.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#6 of 46 Old 11-13-2010, 06:26 PM

hug2.gif Mamatoabunch. I hope all the house stuff works out. I love that you are doing all that crafty stuff with your kids, that is totally one of my dreams, that my child or children will want to do that stuff with me. Some of my best childhood memories are of making christmas decorations with my mom.

My birthday is the 17th so hello fellow Scorpio redface.gif. I have my next MW appointment on that day too, so should hopefully hear the heartbeat for my birthday!

Littleteapot Its amazing to me how rude medical techs and nurses can be sometimes. Here's hoping you feel better soon!

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#7 of 46 Old 11-13-2010, 07:36 PM

9 weeks today as well. I had an ultrasound on Tuesday for dating purposes. We LOVED seeing our little babe and hearing the heartbeat! It was amazing! My DH cried like a baby! I was really excited and in awe but didn't cry, got teary-eyed though. The heart rate is 161, so the old wives tale of over 150 means its a girl. My DH said that he felt like it was a girl, and I told him that I feel like its a girl as well. We were slightly leaning towards a boy, but would definitely be thrilled with either. We'll find out the gender before birth.

Luckily, we had a great ultrasound tech! Littleteapot, I'm sorry yours was rude! I think they forget how a big deal ultrasounds can be for mommas and dads.

We announced it on Facebook on Tuesday as well, so that was very cool to read everyone's responses. My nausea is better but I'm more tired. I go to bed at 10pm ish and my DH comes to bed at 2am or 3am and wakes me up, then I have a super hard time going back to sleep, even after I eat something. I've learned to manage my nausea, I can't have an empty stomach and when something I'm eating, or order at a restaurant, makes me sick, I can't try to finish it. I love spicy food though! Nothing is too spicy!

We interviewed a midwife two weeks ago that have privileges at the birth center I want. I still need to tour the birth center and will probably consequently interview another midwife. We'll probably stay with the one we interviewed with first. She didn't even flinch when I dropped the f-bomb. lol. My DH was a sailor so he swears like a sailor and now so do I from living with him. I figured I'll probably be swearing up a storm during labour, so I need a midwife and doula who doesn't even blink a eye at my colourful language. blush.gif I liked her philosophies and attitude, so that's key. She's pro parents making educated decisions, and she's willing to give her biases, but won't force anything down your throat.

Have a good weekend everyone!

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#8 of 46 Old 11-13-2010, 07:46 PM

I love hearing how everyone is doing. Vanessa, wow, what a week you've had! Babs, how RUDE. I hope your nausea becomes less frequent soon! I remember you from a long time ago, here or on LJ, Tempest and Iris are close in age I believe. Annabelle, I am sorry about your house.

I am 9 weeks 5 days and I am tired still, so tired, especially in the late afternoon/evening. The heartburn is kicking in to keep the burping company. lol The morning sickness seems to be kicking up a notch, the smell of baking cupcakes a few days ago made me run for the bedroom and breakfast this morning smelled so.strong. to me that I couldn't eat it. I didn't think it would get worse at this point, guess you never know!

I have finally arrived at acceptance about this pregnancy, and about this baby. It was such a shock, and shook me to the core, and once I made peace with putting adoption plans on hold I still wasn't really believing it. It was kind of like being half awake for a while there. I would say that I was pregnant but part of me would be rolling eyes and thinking "Yeah, right". It was a strange place to be for me, it was not real. Now it is real and I am very glad for it.

How is everyone sleeping now? What sounds good to eat?

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

#9 of 46 Old 11-14-2010, 01:37 AM

I am 11 weeks today banana.gifand very happy!  I thought I have felt flutters but not banking on it yet.  MS went away at 10 weeks but still sore boobs and sleepy.  I have gone back to the middle of the night wake ups again which are driving me crazy! Next appt. is Nov. 30 and we will hear the heartbeat...again for the third time and the the 18 weeks level 2 is Jan. 6. The time is cranking and once I hear the heartbeat at my 13 week appt.  I will rest more because that means three good heartbeats and a welcome to the second trimester!  I freak out when I think about how my MS is already gone.

Vanessa, that is a full plate.  I hope you get the needed rest you deisre!

Mamatoabunch, we went through that 6.5 years ago with our farm here.  We had lost three other places we put bids on because the market was so hot and they all became bidding wars.  We gave up on this one and our realtor offered to give up her commission and add it to our bidding price just so we would get it.  And sure enough it was enough for them to accept.  Hey, if it is someone elses money, why not?

Sagewinna, still having shock moments here.  We will be sitting in bed and DH will giggle and say "I still can't figure out how this happened."

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#10 of 46 Old 11-14-2010, 07:28 AM

I think I officially have the flu... or something equally as yucky. It seems to be progressively getting worse. I have a drs. appt. on Thursday so I'm going to try and hold out until then, but only if the elephant sitting on my chest doesn't get heavier lol

I'm somewhere around 10 weeks...I was measuring "small" at the ER ultrasound I had back at 7 weeks, so my dates could be off.

It would just beat all to end up in the hospital while I'm on stress leave from work. Would definately solidify in my mind the need for me to quit.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#11 of 46 Old 11-14-2010, 09:57 AM

I guess you know you're really pregnant when the sex dreams change to food dreams!?!  :lol  I've had two food dreams in the last two days.  The first one I was at some sort of buffet and I was ordering chicken strips, garlic mashed potatoes, and applesauce YUMMMM.  :lol  Then the other dream I was eating stale puffcorn and drinking lots of really cold fresh water.  I woke up so thirsty!  I went and had a big glass of water but I still wanted the puffcorn.  I decided the last thing I needed right now was empty calories though.  :p  Morning sickness is waning but every now and then it still hits me.  :irked

Besides that, things are fine here.  Still getting settled in.  We get our bed tomorrow!  Finally!  We need to figure out if insurance will cover a homebirth or not.  If not, my husband doesn't want a homebirth.  For the sole reason of money.  Even though we can easily afford to pay out of pocket.  I don't get it.  I guess money is not that important to me.  I guess we will see.  If we end up going to the hospital midwives (where insurance will pay 100%) I will be preparing for an unassisted birth too.  I'm hoping that if things go well we will just stay home.  Lots of logistics to work out though.

:Hug to those of you going through hard times right now.  I hope everyone feels better and things work out soon!

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#12 of 46 Old 11-14-2010, 04:24 PM

What's puffcorn? Like popcorn? That does sound good.

I keep thinking my nausea is going away, having one good day, then being miserable again. Still struggling with what to eat. Nothing sounds good still. I'm really hoping this will be done soon so I can get back to my normal, healthy eating. Saltines and chocolate graham crackers constantly has me worried that I'm getting enough protein. Protein foods do not sound good, though I had some tasty tofu stir fry on Friday.

I meet my midwife on Wednesday, have my sono on Thursday. I'll be 9 weeks on Tuesday. Did I mention last week that we told DS? He wants a sister, he keeps saying. We look at sono pics together, the week by week ones. He likes The Bump thing showing what fruit the baby is sized at this week. I'm sort of surprised he hasn't mentioned it to anyone. None of our family knows yet. My mom and my aunt have been over and I've just put on a big sweater. I keep thinking, if he says something, I'll just be, like, SURPRISE!, but he doesn't.

I think I'm going to go shop for pre-maternity wear this week. I had to unbutton my pants to comfortably sit down after dinner the other day. DH still thinks I'm not showing, but I totally think I am. My belly definitely did not stick out like this even a week ago. I'm wanting to get some leggings and big flowy shirts to be my pre-maternity wardrobe. I feel really conspicuous in my normal form fitting shirts. I think the new look should get me through the "is she pregnant or fat?" stage and be good for after baby, too.

I sorted through my maternity clothes from last time and I have no shorts or summer bottoms at all. I'll have to keep an eye out at consignment places or clearance racks.

Oh, here's a question-- round ligament pain, does anyone have this? Is it a stab in the ovary sort of feeling? Like a charlie horse in your gut? Or is that something else? Off to google.

BFing, bedsharing, toddler wearing, non-circing, vegan mama to the sweetest boy in the world (2/08), wife to my spicy rock star (4/06) and expecting a new family member 6/11
#13 of 46 Old 11-14-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald_Bull's_Mama View Post

What's puffcorn? Like popcorn? That does sound good.

Um...yeah, it's like butter-flavored styrofoam.  So it's not real popcorn.  ;)  It's total junk food.  I guess it's kind of like the puffy type of Cheetos, but not cheesy.

My DS wants a sister too.  :love

I'm still wearing normal clothes.  Although I have outgrown a pair of jeans so far.  It won't be long I suspect, until I'm in maternity pants or stretchy stuff.  I have a few skirts with stretchy waistbands though that I bought a few weeks ago, those should help.  :thumb  I'm definitely starting to show, but it depends on what I'm wearing.  Sometimes I just look pudgy.  :lol

#14 of 46 Old 11-14-2010, 04:58 PM

Vanessa- Hope all is well with your DH, and your son.  

Its so exciting that so many of you have heard your wee ones heartbeat.  I'll be 9 weeks on tuesday, I have my own doppler and we try once a week but so far nothing yet.  I know its early still, maybe this week though!  MS still has me in its grips, and I started spotting around my 8 weeks which would have been my second missed period.  Nothing to worry about says all my close mama friends, I've been taking it easy either way.  My first Dr. appt is on the 30th.  My house is still a mess, but at least I've managed some laundry.  I could sleep all day I think.  When I'm hungry I'm absolutely starving but to my great surprise I can only eat less than half of what I would normally eat.  Must be my slowed down gut, because really the baby is the size of a coffee bean! lol  My breasts are still growing and aching but I'm loving it all.  Especially with spotting, I find the signs of pregnancy reassuring.  

Well wishes to all the mamas and their wee ones!!!

Beloved of Chris since 12/31/08. Missing our sweet Persephone Grace 5/24/11 - 5/26/11 angel3.gif So much love baby girl, so much love.

#15 of 46 Old 11-15-2010, 03:27 AM

Hi all!

My nausea and vomiting have really been stepping down this week! I think I only threw up two or three times all week (compared to 2 or 3 every day over the last several wks). And even better, I somehow managed to be happy about this change and not worry (too much)

Well, I just got home from my appointment with the doc. They seem to be very ultrasound happy here in Germany (or at least with this doctor) ... and I have to admit, I love getting to sneak a peak every few weeks. I also really like the style, so far, of this doctor. There is no nurse and no cold waiting room where you sit (at least) half naked waiting for your five minutes ... when it's your turn, the doc herself comes and finds you and we sit and chat awhile before moving onto any procedures in the next room, and then come back and chat some more. There's no rushing, no pressure, and she is so laid back it's wonderful. Also, you have a book -- really a mini-chart -- called a "mother's passport" that everything gets noted in, and this comes home with you after any appointment.  It's just a totally different experience for me than any I've had with ob/gyn in USA. I still plan on exploring all my options with respect to labor, but that does feel pretty far away. 

Today was my third ultrasound and I was shocked to see that this little creature looks like a BABY. Head and arms and legs and back.  Unbelievable, and wonderful. I am 11 weeks today (starting week 12? when did that happen!?), and the measurements were spot on, the heart beating strong, and the NT test thingy just fine.  

My family is far away, a 12 hour time difference, and it's taking a lot of effort to wait until it's morning there to call my mom! It's nice to spill the beans on this appointment to you all. geek.gif

Best wishes to everyone this week, and hugs to those who are still dealing with spotting and other challenges. 

hi!

#16 of 46 Old 11-15-2010, 05:59 AM

Well I am glad to see some of you are having a better time with the morning sickness.  I had a horrible time on Friday :(  I ended up at the Dr's because I was not able to keep even water down.  I went 24 hours before I had some relief (Promethezine suppository).  I conviently began running out of zofran over the weekend so I called to get it filled and they needed a prior authorization because it is too early mecry.gifSo I didn't take any last night and took my last one this morning.  I just got off the phone with the nurse at the OB's office and she said that it could be a FEW DAYS before she can get it authorized with the insurance company! Believe me I don't like depending on medications, before I got pregnant I can't even tell you when I last took anything not even a tylenol. I don't know what I will do .  If it is still as bad as it was on Friday I won't be able to work.  I have no more sick days... Please keep your fingersx.gif for me.  

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#17 of 46 Old 11-15-2010, 09:01 AM

Hi all!  I'm 9w2d and I actually think the nausea is letting up a bit.  There are days that are worse than others, but overall, I'm starting to somewhat function again.  The exhaustion, though, hasn't really let up.  I so wish I had energy.  I miss that!  I have looked very pregnant from the beginning, but oddly, my tummy has gone down a bit the past few days.  I'm guessing it was bloating.  I can feel my uterus and it is definitely getting bigger so I'm hoping there aren't any issues.  I have my first midwife appointment a week from today and I have no idea what will go on.  She said the appointment will last 2 hours!  What are we going to talk about for that long?  She also said I can bring my kids, but that sounds like a nightmare for two hours.  My kids never seem to stop talking! 

Other than that, I started telling a few of my family members and that didn't go over well.  My aunt said "When is your dh going for his vasectomy?  We will take him if you won't!"  I was so upset.  No one said congratulations, they were all just negative.  Dh's family has been positive, but mine is horrible.  I'm not talking to any of them because I just can't stand their negativity. 

Other than that, I'm just looking forward to reaching the second trimester!

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#18 of 46 Old 11-16-2010, 05:55 AM

Amaayeh, sorry about the negative responses.  That really sucks.  People can be so stupid sometimes. 

Things are going well, here.  I'm feeling all sorts of flips and flops but it's still too early to feel anything more than that.  The kids keep joking that the baby is having a naked dance party, haha.  I told them last week, after some of the girls in my Brownie troupe started eyeing my belly suspiciously.  I wanted to tell the kids before they heard it from someone else.  Or worse, heard "Jeez, your mommy is getting fat!!"  Hah.  It went over well.  My daughter was thrilled.  My son is still in denial, I think.  He keeps telling people that mommy "might" be having a baby.  Heh.  And apparantly I have a hole in my stomache.  I guess a 5 year old's perspective of an ultrasound picture would look a bit like a hole in the stomache, haha.

I went maternity pants shopping last week.  I was tired of doing the elastic thing on my regular pants, as even THEY were starting to bite into my belly.  I can't believe how early I'm showing this time around!

#19 of 46 Old 11-16-2010, 06:39 AM

Hugs to all you sickies! I am just starting to feel some relief at 11 weeks. I was sick with all my kids, but this time has been very different. Instead of mild to moderate nausea from 5 to 16 weeks it's been violent nausea from 7-11 weeks. Weird!

I can't believe we are a week and a half from Thanksgiving! And can I just say that being in the 2nd trimester during Thanksgiving a Christmas is AWESOME! lol! Feeling relatively good and enjoying all of the holiday festivities is wonderful!

I am thinking of those of you who are coping with illness/recovery, and spotting and unsupportive families. Love!!

mama to three amazing girls (05.07, 09.08 and 2.11) expecting #4 in July
#20 of 46 Old 11-16-2010, 09:02 AM

amaayeh you aren't by any chance going to Sage Femme are you? I thought the same thing, but amazingly, there is that much stuff to talk about. I also just find it to be a really calm place, so I enjoy just being there chilling on one of the sliders while we talk about family history and food and everything else....

Maybe you're somewhere else, but I saw N.Cal and thought I'd venture a guess :)

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#21 of 46 Old 11-16-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydove View Post

9 weeks today as well. I had an ultrasound on Tuesday for dating purposes. We LOVED seeing our little babe and hearing the heartbeat! It was amazing! My DH cried like a baby! I was really excited and in awe but didn't cry, got teary-eyed though. The heart rate is 161, so the old wives tale of over 150 means its a girl.

Hmmm...at 7w6d our little beans HB was 153.  At 11w1d it was in the 160's.  With my MC in March, I was for sure it was a boy...no particular reason...just a feeling.  But this time I really don't have strong feelings either way. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleteapot View Post

I'm 12.5w now; feeling regular kicks, still nauseous as all hell, and had a 'dating' ultrasound that lasted all of 10 minutes.

Kicks at 12.5 wks...WOW!!  I'm 11w5d today.  I've been trying to sit very still on the couch at night to see if I can feel anything.  So far nothing...but I'm not sure I would recognize kicks anyway...until they were more obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald_Bull's_Mama View Post

I keep thinking my nausea is going away, having one good day, then being miserable again. Still struggling with what to eat. Nothing sounds good still. I'm really hoping this will be done soon so I can get back to my normal, healthy eating. Saltines and chocolate graham crackers constantly has me worried that I'm getting enough protein. Protein foods do not sound good, though I had some tasty tofu stir fry on Friday. 

I'm in the same boat.  It really makes meal planning a pain.  And I haven't been digging protein lately either.  I'm really hoping that changes soon since I know it is very important.

AFM ~ We had an appt last Friday at 11w1d.  We got to hear the HB on the doppler!!  I was so nervous.  I literally felt a huge amotional release when I heard the HB.  We also asked for a quick sono since we wanted to give pics to our family to break the news.  The MW was fine with it since I explained my MC and she completely understood my fears.  When the sono first started it was wiggling about.  But I guess the news freaked it out and it just froze.  She tried bouncing the wand and wiggling it back and forth but nothing.  We did see the little flicker of the heart too. 

So we told our family on Sat night and posted the news on FB on Sun.  Of course, everyone was excited.  My dad, who is the old-fashioned non-emotion-showing type, took his sono pic to church with him the next day.  I thought that was very sweet.

I have already outgrown some of my pants.  I have/had a retroverted uterus.  I had tons of painful stretching and pulling last Sun & Mon.  Originally, I thought I overdid it by playing 18 holes of golf the day before.  But I woke up last Thurs and was unable to hide my bump anymore. So I think my uterus has flipped to front-facing now.  I bought one pair of mat pants at Target and a couple shirts from Target and Old Navy.  I'm kinda in-between reg and mat, so I wear the bella band over the panel and it works fine.  I've been buying one item per week so it doesn't seem so expensive.

I'm still pretty tired.  But I'm more of a home-body and wasn't very energetic before being pg either.  And, like a lot of you guys, my nausea turned to just sporadic around 9w rather than everyday all day.

Me 32, DH 33,  angel.gif (3/17/10),  DD 6/6/11
#22 of 46 Old 11-17-2010, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Everyone is home now and my ds is fully recovered. Dh is sore but glad to be home. I am so happy to be home but it feels like I am a single mom of three right now. Oh and my cats were in the whole time we were gone so there is hair everywhere and laundry up to the ceiling.

Nikki- I am starting the mat clothes too, my pants are just plain uncomfortable

So sorry for everyone who gets negative responses from family. That would be so hard to deal with.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#23 of 46 Old 11-17-2010, 01:13 PM

I enjoy reading everyone's updates.  I hope everyone is hanging in there.

I am in a little tizzy.  Our entire Alaska family (parents, 3 brothers, SIL, DH, DD, and I) have been planning a trip to Ohio to see my grandparents for their 60th Anniversary. I have tickets to fly on Sunday.  This has been in the plans for over a year now.  Last month my grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Yuck.  She went in for two surgeries and, as of this weekend, contracted a painful infection.  Double yuck.  This morning, I got a phone call from my mother informing me that this infection is in fact MRSA, that my Papaw might have it too, and that their whole house is probably contaminated.

I was so excited about going down with their 21 month old ONLY great-grandchild and announcing my pregnancy to the family.  Ta-DA!  Now I am trying to decide if I should go at all.  Thankfully, we already have arrangements to stay in another home for the week.  We have other family there and were all going to share meal responsibilities and go on some day trips and such.  I really want to see my elderly grandparents. I love them dearly.  The doctor is sending her home from the hospital on Friday with strong antibiotics, a visiting nurse, and reassurances that he believes that 75% of the infection is already erradicated and good handwashing should prevent the rest of us from getting sick.  BUT . . .  I know doctors do not take risks with contagious deseases.   BUT . . .

Anyway, we have some big decisions to make.  I am trying to decide if I should get some Hibiclens, do some nettipot type nasal washing, etc. and go, or just stay home or what. 

In more exciting news, I go to see my midwife tomorrow and I hope and pray we'll hear a heartbeat!  :)  I hope, hope, hope!  I wonder if I'd be too much of a dufus if I bought a video camera.  :)  I just sort of want to be able to relive the moment.

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#24 of 46 Old 11-17-2010, 05:14 PM

Gahhh! I want to quit my job...I literally loathe it and just when I think my counseling might change my mind something happens to throw right back in my face how much I no longer want to be there.

Anyone have a half mil laying around?? I could REALLY use it at the moment.

In baby related news...I'm still on the fence. Would love the non-stress of a UP/UC, but for the need for someone to sign off on FMLA. However, if I'm not going to be at my job for the long term and plan on quitting before baby comes, then what is the point of going to the stress of find a provider...

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#25 of 46 Old 11-17-2010, 07:06 PM

Josie, that sounds terrible!  I hope everyone gets better soon.  Best of luck on your decision on whether to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post

Gahhh! I want to quit my job...I literally loathe it and just when I think my counseling might change my mind something happens to throw right back in my face how much I no longer want to be there.

In baby related news...I'm still on the fence. Would love the non-stress of a UP/UC, but for the need for someone to sign off on FMLA. However, if I'm not going to be at my job for the long term and plan on quitting before baby comes, then what is the point of going to the stress of find a provider...

Hey!  :wave  Someone else who hasn't found a provider yet!  :)  I am on the fence as well.  Although I will be getting a provider eventually.  I'm just not sure if it will be a homebirth midwife or hospital-based midwife.  I am waiting to see what our insurance says and what DH thinks about hiring a homebirth midwife.  I'm trying to  impress upon him that if we DON'T hire the hb midwife, I'm still going to prefer to stay home (UC).  He seems more comfortable than I'd ever thought possible about that, but that's not saying much.  ;)  So we will see.  I think I would prefer a midwife, but I could also be ok with a UC, and I am preparing myself for it anyway.

If you quit your job, would you be getting another, or are you planning to be a SAHM?

#26 of 46 Old 11-17-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post

Josie, that sounds terrible!  I hope everyone gets better soon.  Best of luck on your decision on whether to go!

Quote:

Hey!  :wave  Someone else who hasn't found a provider yet!  :)  I am on the fence as well.  Although I will be getting a provider eventually.  I'm just not sure if it will be a homebirth midwife or hospital-based midwife.  I am waiting to see what our insurance says and what DH thinks about hiring a homebirth midwife.  I'm trying to  impress upon him that if we DON'T hire the hb midwife, I'm still going to prefer to stay home (UC).  He seems more comfortable than I'd ever thought possible about that, but that's not saying much.  ;)  So we will see.  I think I would prefer a midwife, but I could also be ok with a UC, and I am preparing myself for it anyway.

If you quit your job, would you be getting another, or are you planning to be a SAHM?

I wouldn't mind having another job (preferably a part time gig) but I stayed at home for the first 5 years of our marriage and thought working was what i needed...now I realize unless I do something I'm passionate about I'm never going to be happy working. And my job is so beyond the level of stress most people can take in a lifetime on a daily basis that I know now why they say we go to an early grave when we retire...

#27 of 46 Old 11-18-2010, 07:21 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm almost 10 weeks! The nausea has been pretty mild this week...it comes in spurts if anything. I'm still exhausted in the afternoons and evenings, though!

I wanted to say that I started up with the prenatal yoga a few days ago. My toddler played independently for a whole hour while I did the entire practice!!!! I felt soooooo good. I've been laying around like a first trimester slug, and my muscles were starting to feel it! Realistically, I hope to do an hour twice a week. namaste.gif haha

Blissed out mama to 3 beautiful boys love.gif LIFE IS GOOD! thumb.gif

#28 of 46 Old 11-18-2010, 08:40 AM

Hello Everyone,

Josie - I hear you about the concerns with the MRSA.  What a choice to make.  Are you any closer to making a decision? 

Sarah (mommy2Austin)  I am Sarah also...  There are many days that I think work is just too much, what do you do?  I wish that I could just walk away but I am the main breadwinner in our family.  I wish that I had the guts to UP/UC. 

Barefoot - That's great that DH is on board for a UC. 

Calynde - I am glad that you are feeling better and things are starting to get back to normal. 

AFM - well I fired my OB today joy.gif and the HB MIdwife called me back and she is seeing me on SATURDAY!  I am so happy.  As for the OB I am working on a LONG letter of all of the issues that I have had with them over the last year.  The last straw happended last night.  I needed zofran to be authorized so that I could fill it early and the office contacted my insurance on Monday.  They received a fax back Monday night stating that it was approved but NO ONE called me back to tell me.  So  I called yesterday after throwing up for the last two days and the nurse stated "well the letter that they faxed me stated that they contacted you"  I was so angry... you couldn't have called me on Monday night to say hey you don't have to go without your meds!  AHHHH I AM DONE! 

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#29 of 46 Old 11-18-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieAK View Post

I enjoy reading everyone's updates.  I hope everyone is hanging in there.

I am in a little tizzy.  Our entire Alaska family (parents, 3 brothers, SIL, DH, DD, and I) have been planning a trip to Ohio to see my grandparents for their 60th Anniversary. I have tickets to fly on Sunday.  This has been in the plans for over a year now.  Last month my grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Yuck.  She went in for two surgeries and, as of this weekend, contracted a painful infection.  Double yuck.  This morning, I got a phone call from my mother informing me that this infection is in fact MRSA, that my Papaw might have it too, and that their whole house is probably contaminated.

I was so excited about going down with their 21 month old ONLY great-grandchild and announcing my pregnancy to the family.  Ta-DA!  Now I am trying to decide if I should go at all.  Thankfully, we already have arrangements to stay in another home for the week.  We have other family there and were all going to share meal responsibilities and go on some day trips and such.  I really want to see my elderly grandparents. I love them dearly.  The doctor is sending her home from the hospital on Friday with strong antibiotics, a visiting nurse, and reassurances that he believes that 75% of the infection is already erradicated and good handwashing should prevent the rest of us from getting sick.  BUT . . .  I know doctors do not take risks with contagious deseases.   BUT . . .

Anyway, we have some big decisions to make.  I am trying to decide if I should get some Hibiclens, do some nettipot type nasal washing, etc. and go, or just stay home or what. 

In more exciting news, I go to see my midwife tomorrow and I hope and pray we'll hear a heartbeat!  :)  I hope, hope, hope!  I wonder if I'd be too much of a dufus if I bought a video camera.  :)  I just sort of want to be able to relive the moment.

YIKES!!  Lots of things to think about.  Maybe your MW has some advice.  And as far as the camera idea, I was totally going to record the doppler on my phone video BUT...I forgot!!  Cuss.gif    I was kicking myself after I left the office. 

Quote:

I can kinda relate.  I don't necessarily hate my job but I would just really love to be a SAHM.  Our problem is that DH and I both grew up dirt poor and have fears of not being able to provide if something happened to the only employed person's job.  It is just scary to me to not have the security blanket of the second job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post

Kudos to your DH for being comfortable with the UC/HB!!  I can't even get my DH to be comfortable with a MW...IN A HOSPITAL!!!  I bought "Business of Being Born".  Hopefully, that will help him understand a little more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calynde View Post

Hi everyone,

I'm almost 10 weeks! The nausea has been pretty mild this week...it comes in spurts if anything. I'm still exhausted in the afternoons and evenings, though!

I wanted to say that I started up with the prenatal yoga a few days ago. My toddler played independently for a whole hour while I did the entire practice!!!! I felt soooooo good. I've been laying around like a first trimester slug, and my muscles were starting to feel it! Realistically, I hope to do an hour twice a week. namaste.gif haha

Which prenatal yoga did you get?  I would really prefer a class but I can't find any that are close to me.

AFM ~ Not much new to report.  The snack guy put dill pickle potato chips in the machines at work...I LOVE HIM!!  And it has been fun to see people in the hallway who look down at my bump then back up to my face and just smile.  I'm just waiting for the right person to ask so I can deny it and see the look on their face.  Is that mean?

Me 32, DH 33,  angel.gif (3/17/10),  DD 6/6/11
#30 of 46 Old 11-18-2010, 09:08 AM

I'm 12w5d and I got to hear the heartbeat yesterday for my birthday. I had a little chat with my tummy before the MW got out the doppler, asking whoever is in there to please be helpful so we could hear, and it worked! :p It only took a couple minutes to find it and we got to listen for a little over a minute. 154 bpm. Awesome :)

Also, my pregnancy brain cannot deal with this giant clear button under the posts. I am I the only one who has blearily clicked it only to go Noooooo! I meant to hit submit! You'd think with it being on the other side it would be fine, but noooo. *sigh*

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page