Let's talk BOOBS = ) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 11-16-2010, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok, what use to be my A cup cuties have suddenly turned into B cup, dark blue veined, sore, hard monsters that have areolas the size of a small country and dark as can be. I stopped nursing my daughter 2.5 years ago when she was 3 and still had some milk in one side (her favorite) but it is back in both sides now. Anyone else want to share?????  Oh yeah, and if I come out of the bathroom with my shirt up asking my DH if they look like big, preg. boobs one more time I think he will die of laughter.

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#2 of 26 Old 11-16-2010, 08:41 AM

Wow, you're already lactating!  Impressive!

I've definitely outgrown my bras; I had C's to begin with and I'm pretty sure I'm a D now.  And they're higher and firmer, like they were 10 years ago.  More sensitive too.  I haven't noticed bigger areolas yet.  They're more sensitive but not sore.  The only part I don't like has been having to constantly swat my husband away from them, LOL!  

#3 of 26 Old 11-16-2010, 09:38 AM

My 34As are 36Cs!

#4 of 26 Old 11-16-2010, 10:11 AM

Mine are still nothing, but I am still nursing. 

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#5 of 26 Old 11-16-2010, 10:25 AM

I'm honestly afraid to get measured!  I do need to go in and see if I've increased, though.  Well, I know I have.  It hurts, my bras don't fit, it's terrible.  I'll wait until my next pay, though, so I can actually afford some new bras!!  I hate buying clothes that I'll only wear for a few months.  I'm so cheap!!

#6 of 26 Old 11-16-2010, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Kelilah, what's really impressive is that my last daughter was adopted at 3 days old and I induced lactation before she was born so I could nurse her for three years.  That's why my boobs this time seem to be a main attraction because they weren't like this due to no pregnancy and it has been 19 years since I was preg. and don't remember *LOL*

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#7 of 26 Old 11-16-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaayeh View Post

:yeah  I'm still nursing so I haven't noticed much change. I do seem to have saggy national geographic boobs though. :lol

Mummy to dd (Jan 13, '07) born by emergency c-section at 35 weeks due to severe pre-e  :ribboncesarean.gif and ds (Jan 30 '09) :hbac.gif and stork-suprise.gif    (06/11)
#8 of 26 Old 11-16-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwerydd View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaayeh View Post

:yeah  I'm still nursing so I haven't noticed much change. I do seem to have saggy national geographic boobs though. :lol

Haha!  That's how I feel!!!

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#9 of 26 Old 11-16-2010, 02:54 PM

Mine are definitely bigger, but I don't think I've cracked B yet (I'm TINY).  And they are soooooooooooo SORE.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#10 of 26 Old 11-16-2010, 03:27 PM

I've gone from 42E to 44 who knows what but I certainly know I don't fit into even my sports bras any more.  My areolas are growing at a phenomenal rate and were so noticeably different in size that I had to measure and sure enough they are a full centimeter different in diameter!  And! they've grown another centimeter each in the last week and a half!!!! Yeah I know, slightly neurotic for measuring but this is my first so everything that is going on is just amazing to me!!!  My right which has always been my bigger breast is probably a full cup size larger than my left now.  sheesh!  The soreness has somewhat abated, I'd call it more tender now but I sure know they are there when I jump out of bed at night to pee!!!  

Beloved of Chris since 12/31/08. Missing our sweet Persephone Grace 5/24/11 - 5/26/11 angel3.gif So much love baby girl, so much love.

#11 of 26 Old 11-17-2010, 08:30 AM

Other than sore, no change, but ditto on the National Geographic!  I have so much extra skin from last time!

Mother to one wonderful 5 year old son and another on the way, caretaker of dogs, cats, chickens and worms. EDD 12/11/2011

#12 of 26 Old 11-17-2010, 09:09 AM

Mine have deflated.  Still nursing, or trying to, but I think I'm mostly dried up, and have gone down about 2 cup sizes.  No pain at all.  Which is starting to worry me, as they were quite sore last time, and I went up 2 cup sizes.  I'm 11 weeks.  Do the other nursing moms (or moms of more than one) remember if there was pain/tenderness the second time around?

#13 of 26 Old 11-17-2010, 09:25 AM

I started pre-pregnancy at 36D - and I had a great bra that held me, supported, and even pushed me up a little - not that I needed it.  Barely 2 months into my pregnancy, I was getting the double-boob thing - very unsightly, as any woman with at least a C cup will attest.

TIP!!!!  Go to Victoria's Secret, get sized, and check out the Incredible Demi bra.  Push ups are TERRIBLE for chafing in between your boobs, and I had it BAD, which went away very quickly, once I got the Incredible Demi bra.  I don't work for Victoria's secret, but I can tell you all about the bra, and how much I love it.  I actually work for Motherhood Maternity - which only does sleeping bras and nursing bras - but for those that are looking for day to day bras and going to be growing - I sent them down the hall to Victoria's Secret.  Nothing to adjust on the straps, they adjust with the weight of your boobs, and SO SOFT.  I love it!  I bought two - and they will certainly last the entire pregnancy.  Granted, that's if I don't grow two cups sizes.

Since becoming pregnant, my aureoles have darkened and gotten larger, and I only noticed this three days ago.  I'm still sore, but not as bad as it was when I first found out!  Oh, good lord!

I still fit very comfortably into my 36D Incredible Demi, though.  Whoever created it was a woman, for sure!

Lady Zbyrd + DH = Alistair McKenzie
#14 of 26 Old 11-17-2010, 10:26 AM

Mine are being completely unreasonable.  Initially they didn't even get sore... but now? Man, I just special ordered a 32F bra and it's TOO SMALL (I was an F30 pre-pregnancy) and my G32 is starting to get too tight as well. If I have to go up to an H32 I will be extremely displeased. I should not be wearing a bra size that shares a first letter with my name.

With my last baby, I got up to a 30J at the worst of it, and they were so rock hard full of milk I couldn't even pass 'the pencil test' (hold a pencil underneath your breast tissue). Back then I had very few good quality bras, so all I had in my drawer was this E32 nursing bra that I could sort of wear like a nipple loincloth.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#15 of 26 Old 11-17-2010, 11:24 AM

They hurt!

My nipples are a bit darker and they have gotten a smidge bigger. I am wearing a 38 H or I right now and I don't even know what I am going to do for nursing bras. They have gotten bigger with every pregnancy and never gotten smaller again. I was a D before my oldest and an F before number 2. Granted I am definately overweight right now, but still! As soon as this one is done nursing, I am setting up a breast reduction.

I am probably going to order my nursing bras from Decent Exposures. They are good, they have an ad in the back of Mothering Mag.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#16 of 26 Old 11-17-2010, 01:44 PM

I have gotten some Decent Exposures bras - they are very comfy!!  Just following their measuring guide because the are COMPLETELY different than regular bras.

Mother to one wonderful 5 year old son and another on the way, caretaker of dogs, cats, chickens and worms. EDD 12/11/2011

#17 of 26 Old 11-17-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittin Mama View Post

I've gone from 42E to 44 who knows what but I certainly know I don't fit into even my sports bras any more.  My areolas are growing at a phenomenal rate and were so noticeably different in size that I had to measure and sure enough they are a full centimeter different in diameter!  And! they've grown another centimeter each in the last week and a half!!!! Yeah I know, slightly neurotic for measuring but this is my first so everything that is going on is just amazing to me!!!  My right which has always been my bigger breast is probably a full cup size larger than my left now.  sheesh!  The soreness has somewhat abated, I'd call it more tender now but I sure know they are there when I jump out of bed at night to pee!!!  

OMG ROTFLMAO.gifThis has me totally cracking up.  I can't believe you've been measuring your areolas.  Don't worry, I boiled my pee when I was TTC.  ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononose View Post

Mine have deflated.  Still nursing, or trying to, but I think I'm mostly dried up, and have gone down about 2 cup sizes.  No pain at all.  Which is starting to worry me, as they were quite sore last time, and I went up 2 cup sizes.  I'm 11 weeks.  Do the other nursing moms (or moms of more than one) remember if there was pain/tenderness the second time around?

I really think it's just another of those "every pregnancy is so different" things.  I never noticed much breast tenderness or soreness, maybe just a little tingly, last time around, but this time they are definitely sore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleteapot View Post

Mine are being completely unreasonable.  Initially they didn't even get sore... but now? Man, I just special ordered a 32F bra and it's TOO SMALL (I was an F30 pre-pregnancy) and my G32 is starting to get too tight as well. If I have to go up to an H32 I will be extremely displeased. I should not be wearing a bra size that shares a first letter with my name.

With my last baby, I got up to a 30J at the worst of it, and they were so rock hard full of milk I couldn't even pass 'the pencil test' (hold a pencil underneath your breast tissue). Back then I had very few good quality bras, so all I had in my drawer was this E32 nursing bra that I could sort of wear like a nipple loincloth.

I usually can't pass the pencil test because mine are too small.  I feel for those of you who are dealing with super-gigantic and getting-bigger boobs.  That must be a lot of weight to lug around. 

#18 of 26 Old 11-17-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononose View Post

I really think it's just another of those "every pregnancy is so different" things.  I never noticed much breast tenderness or soreness, maybe just a little tingly, last time around, but this time they are definitely sore.

I started out a 34A, went up to a 34C in my first trimester last time, 36C for the last few weeks, up to an F when my milk came in, settled at an E/F for a few months, and stayed at a D for the second year.  Back down to a 34B as of a few weeks ago, but 30 lbs heavier than I was the first time and no weight gain this pregnancy yet.  I was really worried the first time that I'd have trouble breastfeeding - typical myth of smaller breasts.  I was assured that if I grew during pregnancy that everything would likely would be fine and it was.  I guess that's what's worrying me this time around too!  It's so hard to get over some of those silly fears sometimes - even when we've already proven them wrong!   Good to know you didn't have it last time! Thanks!

#19 of 26 Old 11-17-2010, 09:52 PM

I'm definitely NOT pregnant, but congrats to all of you. I just read this on the new posts and it caught my eye. But I did want to share that when my areolas (oops, that's what i get for sleep posting) got dark as dark can be and bigger..... I had my son!

So, perhaps, just perhaps, this time it's a boy for you, buddhamom.

And with that comment, I'll quickly bow out of here before I catch baby fever!

#20 of 26 Old 11-18-2010, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhamom View PostOh yeah, and if I come out of the bathroom with my shirt up asking my DH if they look like big, preg. boobs one more time I think he will die of laughter.

LOL!   I keep doing the above, and asking DH if they're bigger.   Finally, we were DTD over the weekend and afterwards, first thing he said was, "Boobs are definitely bigger."   I'm a 36C normally, and I've generally been wearing sports bras b/c they feel better.   Haven't grown out of my regular bras yet, but they're getting less effective!

#21 of 26 Old 11-18-2010, 08:48 AM

My boobs hurt!  When DS nurses, which I've been trying like hell to distract him from, it sometimes feels like he's gnawing on my nipples :(

And I can't face the showerhead, feels like needles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post

OMG ROTFLMAO.gifThis has me totally cracking up.  I can't believe you've been measuring your areolas.  Don't worry, I boiled my pee when I was TTC.  ;)

Uh... just wanted to ask... what would boiling pee do?  Concentrate the hormones to test or something?  It's hilarious, I just wonder where the idea came from.

lover of K partners.gif mom to S superhero.gifb.12/07  and C joy.gifb.6/11

#22 of 26 Old 11-18-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_up View Post

Uh... just wanted to ask... what would boiling pee do?  Concentrate the hormones to test or something?  It's hilarious, I just wonder where the idea came from.

Yeah...that was the idea.  Someone suggested it on the One thread.  Although I guess technically I tried not to boil it but just to heat it.  For the record, it didn't work - totally denatured the protein, didn't see anything on the test.  Putting the urine in the freezer until it was about 1/3 frozen was slightly more successful, as in there was a line, but I still don't think it would have shown up sooner.

Ok back to boobs.  ;)

#23 of 26 Old 11-19-2010, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertilemyrtle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhamom View PostOh yeah, and if I come out of the bathroom with my shirt up asking my DH if they look like big, preg. boobs one more time I think he will die of laughter.

LOL!   I keep doing the above, and asking DH if they're bigger.   Finally, we were DTD over the weekend and afterwards, first thing he said was, "Boobs are definitely bigger."   I'm a 36C normally, and I've generally been wearing sports bras b/c they feel better.   Haven't grown out of my regular bras yet, but they're getting less effective!

LOL, I have been doing the same. I am normally a 36 C and just got measured at 38D and even that doesnt feel like its going to hold me for much longer! This morning I asked DH "How are the boobs, hows the belly?" and he said "Pretty huge, and pretty big." I said (since its mostly just a food belly protruding) "Im not quite ready for the pretty huge comment about the belly yet." lol...a few more months maybe??? 

#24 of 26 Old 11-19-2010, 09:17 AM

Not so sore (thank goodness!), but have gone from a C to a DD and climbing. Oy vey! I mostly wear a sports bra these days, although I did manage to dig out an old bra from college that actually fits! ...obviously my shape has changed a lot in 10 years.

Joyfully married to my luv (6/7/09) blowkiss.gif / Early loss at 11w3d w/ Minerva (6/23/10) angel1.gif / Beautiful breech homebirth.jpg w/ Aurora Jan (5/29/11) / Due with our son in April 2014
#25 of 26 Old 11-21-2010, 09:58 AM

I have worn about a 30 E-F for the last few years--have bras in both sizes and sometimes one fits a little better and sometimes the other. (That size is not as big as it sounds, but I am quite slender and was making myself miserable in a 34DD until I realized the band size was too big.) They have not grown that much so far. I fit better into the larger bras that I have than into the smaller ones. They're all kind of stretched out and I've been fastening them on the tightest hook, so there's room to grow in the ribcage area if necessary. I'm not entirely sure if a band size will change with pregnancy--does the rib cage get affected? Anyway, more than being simply bigger they are definitely fuller and more tender now.

#26 of 26 Old 11-21-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erigeron View Post

I have worn about a 30 E-F for the last few years--have bras in both sizes and sometimes one fits a little better and sometimes the other. (That size is not as big as it sounds, but I am quite slender and was making myself miserable in a 34DD until I realized the band size was too big.) They have not grown that much so far. I fit better into the larger bras that I have than into the smaller ones. They're all kind of stretched out and I've been fastening them on the tightest hook, so there's room to grow in the ribcage area if necessary. I'm not entirely sure if a band size will change with pregnancy--does the rib cage get affected? Anyway, more than being simply bigger they are definitely fuller and more tender now.

Erigeron! I wanted to pass on a site since you're a big-little-girl like me (I wear 32G right now). biggerbras.com - ever since I properly fitted myself and realized I was well above the standard shopping range, I've bought all my bras there. Great selection, price, styles, regular sales and they have a nursing/maternity section. They allow you to shop by size, too! Super awesome. :)

Edited to add: Your band size will absolutely change during pregnancy as your ribcage expands, particularly if you're that tiny. Mine went up a full four or five inches last time even though I gained no weight on that part of my body. It will go back down to normal pretty fast, though.

When you're fitting yourself for a bra properly (the five measurement method) ensure that the bra size you buy is fitted perfectly on the middle clasp. That will give you enough stretch either way for slight weight gain and pregnancy. Maternity and nursing bras are built to give extra stretch, so buy in your normal size. :) If you're a 30 now you'll probably fit 30-32, but I'd double check by recalculating with the five measurement method to ensure a perfect fit, then check the brand/size charts before you order anything. Almost all lingerie places (except in some areas of Europe) do not employ trained fitters, so don't go by what they told you!!

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page