What are you getting for your June baby? :-) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 11-17-2010, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

we will need a car seat i had forgootten that we will need that but i am in no rush to get it. 

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#32 of 45 Old 11-17-2010, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I won't be buying much... actually, I can't really think of anything we need to buy. Yay.  I'll be making some stuff though. A mei tai and ring sling, some winter newborn clothes (I'm learning to knit!), maybe a sleep sack, possibly some new cloth diapers. Definitely some new inners for the current cloth diapers, the old ones were made from Mum's old terry nappies and they're utterly perishing.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#33 of 45 Old 11-17-2010, 02:46 PM

ds#2 was a june baby so if we have a boy I'm set on clothes up until 12 months or so. If I have a girl i'll hit up the thrift stores and such and rely on some hand me downs.

This will be my 1st cloth diaper baby so cloth diapers covers cloth wipes (probably make my own)

environmentally friendly bath and body items..(I love smelly good babies )

Probably stock up on a bit of good diaper washing soap? Any suggestions??

Car seat

A good carrier or two 1 hubby might use as well suggestions on manly carriers??

I am learning to crochet....hope to make something lol

maybe a new boppy mine is shot

a digital scale since I was allways paranoid about babies intake

diaper pail

wet bag

diaper bag of some sort

nursing necklace (no rush)

teething necklace (no rush)

I just love the way kisses make ''booboo's'' all better.
#34 of 45 Old 11-17-2010, 02:55 PM

I've not bought much, but received quite a bit of hand me downs from my sister who had two boys, clothing and bouncy chair, a crib which I'm not sure I'll use at all since we plan to cosleep, but maybe for naps?  All of it is buried in the basement so I need to drag it out and see what all I have.  I'll be hitting the garage sales hard this spring for gender neutral clothes.  Other than that we'll need a carseat, I have a Mei Tei and a beautiful handpainted wrap, but want to get something (moby maybe) for the newborn stage, can be hot here in June so light material would be nice.  I mentioned a birthing chair and a side car to Beloved and me made noise about making them rather than buying so we'll see.  I feel really lucky that he is as handy as he is.    

Beloved of Chris since 12/31/08. Missing our sweet Persephone Grace 5/24/11 - 5/26/11 angel3.gif So much love baby girl, so much love.

#35 of 45 Old 11-17-2010, 04:04 PM

I am not sure. I have some summerish clothes since my last three were August babies, but barely wore any of it before it got too cool. I always buy a few new boy and girls things, always resale stuff. I have a swing, but hate the colors. I also have an infant seat, I used w/ the last three I think. I might get a new one if it is close to expiration. I never was fond of it. I need new baby socks. I can't think of much else. I have never really had a full on summer baby. Our twins were born in February in San Diego, but that was long ago I can't really recall what they wore. Oh yeah I remember short sleeve long leg things in the beginning. It will be cool in our house w/ the cooler going and our house is normally cool. I really don't need anything, but I will buy a few bits just b/c I can. I am looking forward to this!

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#36 of 45 Old 11-18-2010, 07:40 AM

I don't need any gear whatsoever, BUT if this little one turns out to be a girl, I will definitely buy some cute new clothes. The clothes we have are very boyish and have been through 2 boys already, so not all that many have held up super well. And there are such adorable things for little girls here, I find myself drooling over them wishing I could find stuff like that in my size! haha 

Blissed out mama to 3 beautiful boys love.gif LIFE IS GOOD! thumb.gif

#37 of 45 Old 11-18-2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashantx View Post

we use Charlie's Soap for all of our laundry including diapers. i love it!

dh used both the ergo (essential now b/c dh wears him down every night & often when we walk around town) & moby (when dh was little: 11wks, playing wii, at the beach). i love baby wearing dads!

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

#38 of 45 Old 11-18-2010, 10:09 AM

Manly carriers - my husband and I both used the mei tai all the time with DS from 4 months until 18 months or older.  We got a Kozy with a reversible panel.  I usually used it with the patterned side out and DH used it with the navy blue side out.  I guess that's manly.  :)

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#39 of 45 Old 11-18-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tashantx View Post

I use Charlie's also. 

My SO likes the Beco Butterfly. We all do. It's the best money I've ever spent on a baby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by calynde View Post

And there are such adorable things for little girls here, I find myself drooling over them wishing I could find stuff like that in my size! haha 

It's my greatest fantasy to dress in the clothing available to my almost 4yo daughter. Baby girl clothes don't excite me much but little girl clothes make me swoon. 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#40 of 45 Old 11-18-2010, 10:15 AM

thanks for the suggestions ladies!! I'm so thrilled to start shopping! With us paying for the birth out of pocket we are limited but it's going to be SO worth it!

#41 of 45 Old 11-18-2010, 10:35 AM

I will need some new cloth dipes as I never got that many newborn ones the last time around.  I will also need some warmer clothes since I just moved from Texas to Northern California and the weather is quite different!!  Also, if this one happened to be a boy, we would need some clothes.  We still have our swing and a pack n play and that is generally all I've ever needed.  Except for a peapod so we can go to the beach this summer!  :)

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#42 of 45 Old 11-18-2010, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

There's a tute online for a mei tai with a Velcroed-on patterned panel. You could make one with pink sparkly unicorns and one with chainsaws. :p

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#43 of 45 Old 11-18-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

There's a tute online for a mei tai with a Velcroed-on patterned panel. You could make one with pink sparkly unicorns and one with chainsaws. :p

yay!!clap.gif I should totally do that!

#44 of 45 Old 11-18-2010, 03:22 PM

We use Rocking Green Hard Rock to wash cloth diapers b/c we have very hard water. Love it! Charlies did not work for us.

http://rockingreensoap.com/

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#45 of 45 Old 11-18-2010, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I bought my first baby thing today!  I found a second hand aristocrat at the consignment store for 8 bucks :)

BC Mum of three ('05, '07, '11 and #4 coming May '14!)    jumpers.gif  belly.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page