What are you getting for your June baby? :-) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 45 Old 11-16-2010, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

And can I just say, I love saying "June baby"? LoL, there's just something about it. The newness of summer, the nickname "June bug", thinking about warm weather and being on the beach snuggling a newborn. Anyway, back to reality! lol. I had DS in February which is a totally different ball game clothes wise. So what are you all getting clothes wise and otherwise for your june bug? :-) Particularly for crafty mamas, are you knitting anything? I know with a winter babe there would be a lot more to make. I'm sure it's kind of early to be talking about, but it takes me so much longer to get things done with a toddler, I think I should start stocking up soon.

I need to amp up my newborn cloth diaper stash that's for sure. Other than that, just T-shirts, newborn sun hats, what else? And of course wraps, my stash is already quite large though, lol. Some cotton pants and long shirts, maybe a sweater type thing for cool nights on the beach? Can you tell I'm really hoping to not be in the city when I have this baby? lol.

So, what's on YOUR list! :-)

Claire, book reading, tree loving, coffee drinking wife to K, and happy SAHM to ds G Feb '09 home birth, dd C ~ free birthed June '11, and now a new lil surprise due October 2012 joy.gif

#2 of 45 Old 11-16-2010, 11:42 AM

I'm 11 weeks today and still too nervous after my August m/c to buy anything. However, we have acquired many many bags of newborn girl stuff from my BIL&SIL. I bet it'll start to pour in around Christmas time, too.

#3 of 45 Old 11-16-2010, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I know what you mean, hugs hun. I may not buy anything for a bit longer but I'd like to start making a list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imogenlily View Post

I'm 11 weeks today and still too nervous after my August m/c to buy anything. However, we have acquired many many bags of newborn girl stuff from my BIL&SIL. I bet it'll start to pour in around Christmas time, too.

Claire, book reading, tree loving, coffee drinking wife to K, and happy SAHM to ds G Feb '09 home birth, dd C ~ free birthed June '11, and now a new lil surprise due October 2012 joy.gif

#4 of 45 Old 11-16-2010, 12:24 PM

I bought an Ergo and I want to get some new prefolds and a carseat. I still have my Mei Tai, diaper covers, homemade wipes and some other random baby stuff from my last kid. Everything else will be passed down or thriftshopped--clothes, toys, etc.

raising my two sunshine children.

#5 of 45 Old 11-16-2010, 01:02 PM

I may not have to buy anything!  This will be my third, and I have both boy and girl August babies so I'm okay for clothes!  I let my good friend borrow all my baby gear, so I'll get my Beco, Sleepy Wrap, swing, bouncy chairs, and high chair back from her.  The only thing we might have to get and my husband is not too happy about it is another infant carseat.  I let my friend borrow our bases and infant carrier carseat and she was in a wreck.  Since her son was about 9 months old she had her insurance company replace it with a convertible instead.  So now I don't have an infant seat any more, which sucks.  He said we should make her buy us one and she can use it for her next baby as well, so we will see what comes of that.

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#6 of 45 Old 11-16-2010, 02:11 PM

Hmm, since I gave away EVERYTHING because we were done, I have a lot to get *LOL*  That's ok, my middle daughter is getting married in a couple of years and they want to start a family right away so I will give it all to her.  I am knitting cotton babylegs since we camp a lot and it gets cooler under the pine canopy and buggy too. No crib needed as we co-sleep.  I definitely need a carseat and new jogging stroller. Luckily I did keep my sling, for some reason I couldn't part with it. A dear friend is giving me her cloth diaper stash so that is helpful.  I have already started picking up newborn (neutral) clothes from Goodwill from the .99 bin because they grow so fast why buy new.

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#7 of 45 Old 11-16-2010, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Oh man, that sucks about the carseat! Hopefully you'll get reimbursed. If I was borrowing someones car seat and got into an accident I would for sure by them a new one. We don't have a car so I know nothing about car seats.

Do you have any summer clothes or other stuff advice? Maybe I'm thinking into this too much, I just like to make lists, I think nesting is setting in already :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach03 View Post

I may not have to buy anything!  This will be my third, and I have both boy and girl August babies so I'm okay for clothes!  I let my good friend borrow all my baby gear, so I'll get my Beco, Sleepy Wrap, swing, bouncy chairs, and high chair back from her.  The only thing we might have to get and my husband is not too happy about it is another infant carseat.  I let my friend borrow our bases and infant carrier carseat and she was in a wreck.  Since her son was about 9 months old she had her insurance company replace it with a convertible instead.  So now I don't have an infant seat any more, which sucks.  He said we should make her buy us one and she can use it for her next baby as well, so we will see what comes of that.

#8 of 45 Old 11-16-2010, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Too funny! Yeah, I'll buy organic things new to show support for the industry, but if it isn't organic I almost always buy used. Same with plastic toys, I refuse to buy new for the sake of the planet, lol. And there are some amazing finds in used kid stuff stores! We just got one of those strollers for G to push around, a baby doll, and a lawnmower, score! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhamom View Post

Hmm, since I gave away EVERYTHING because we were done, I have a lot to get *LOL*  That's ok, my middle daughter is getting married in a couple of years and they want to start a family right away so I will give it all to her.  I am knitting cotton babylegs since we camp a lot and it gets cooler under the pine canopy and buggy too. No crib needed as we co-sleep.  I definitely need a carseat and new jogging stroller. Luckily I did keep my sling, for some reason I couldn't part with it. A dear friend is giving me her cloth diaper stash so that is helpful.  I have already started picking up newborn (neutral) clothes from Goodwill from the .99 bin because they grow so fast why buy new.

#9 of 45 Old 11-16-2010, 02:23 PM

I probably won't be buying a darn thing.  I may raid my stash of flannel and make all new wipes, but that is about it.  The last baby I bought a snap press and diaper fabric to make diapers, but that was about it.  This time, I have all that I need or want and don't want to bring anything new in the house.  We have enough 'stuff'.  

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#10 of 45 Old 11-16-2010, 02:28 PM

I don't think I'll be buying any clothes, unless I see some random thing that's really cute and just have to purchase it.  My DS was born in June and his outgrown clothes were all in a sealed tub and are the only clothes that survived the apartment fire.  So we should have enough clothes, and yeah a lot of them are boyish but I don't really care.  FUTHERMORE, if it's a girl, my MIL will be dropping literally pickup loads of pink and purple clothes off.  I can guarantee.  My SIL has a boy and a girl who are 6 and 5 now, so we got all the boy stuff for DS.  Good lord, I can't believe how many clothes his cousin had.  It was seriously excessive.  I can only guess the girl has much, much more.  I am really not looking forward to that onslaught if we have a girl.

Other than clothes, I also still have my mei tai and a couple slings.  I'm going to make a wrap for the newborn days.  I lost my Boppy in the fire so I'll get another one of those and some Boppy covers.  And maybe some little thing for the baby to lie down in - a bassinet or Moses basket.  Not going to need a full-blown crib.  What else?  I'm pretty good on cloth diapers, they were in the tub too.  I might add a few more of the kinds I liked to round out my stash.  And then we're going to need a new infant car seat.  I think that's about it!  I'm not one to go buy lots of stuff.  I look at those comprehensive lists for all the things you "need" "might want" etc. for a new baby and it makes my head spin!

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#11 of 45 Old 11-16-2010, 02:44 PM

Well I see you are in NYC, which might be a little different than Texas summers!  I used NONE of those PJs or sleepers that had legs or arms.  It's just way too hot here in the summer for those.  I might have put thin pants over their onesie a few times at night, but most of the times I didn't.  We don't keep our AC very high so it's not really cold in our house in the summer months.  Comfortable, but not cold.  Everything they had for being taken out of the house was short sleeve as well, and if I didn't put pants on them I just threw a light blanket on them for pediatrician check ups and things that took us inside places with cold AC.

My kids lived in onesies or the snap-front creepers for the first 4 months of their lives!  And once the winter passed and spring rolled around, they lived in onesies again!  Once they got around the age of one I'd throw shorts over their onesies, but until then I just didn't care.  LOL!

I donated or sold a lot of newborn and 0-3 month sleepers, sleep gowns, and long sleeved stuff.  People just seem to think a newborn has to be covered from head to toe, but not down here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeMoon View Post

Oh man, that sucks about the carseat! Hopefully you'll get reimbursed. If I was borrowing someones car seat and got into an accident I would for sure by them a new one. We don't have a car so I know nothing about car seats.

Do you have any summer clothes or other stuff advice? Maybe I'm thinking into this too much, I just like to make lists, I think nesting is setting in already :-D

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#12 of 45 Old 11-16-2010, 03:08 PM

- newborn covers (Thirsties) though I started off with small Thirsties and BSWW's with my most recent so I may just skip the NB. 

- another woven basket to hold diapers and wipes

- what do warm weather babies wear? I'll need some of that. I have some gender neutral newborn things from my most recent babe but she was giant and never wore them. If the baby is a boy he'll need more clothing than if it's a girl as I just had two girls back-to-back and gave away all boy clothes. Anyway, minimal clothes. 

- I'll have an open Britax Marathon but can't recall if they're safe for a newborn. If not we'll have to get a car seat.

- I already bought him/her an amber teething necklace love.gif

My birthing list is longer and more pricey than my for baby list orngtongue.gif Babies don't need very much and I try to keep my consumerism in check. I have small prefolds and toiletries and toys and carriers and breasts and arms and most everything else a baby could want. 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#13 of 45 Old 11-16-2010, 03:43 PM

I saved all my prefolds & wipes, but have sold off the rest of my diapers so that is top on my list. I need to start crocheting some soakers and buying yarn for my mother to knit some (something I still haven't learned to do) I don't know how many I'll make though. I didn't use NB wool with DD so I'm a little nervous about the upkeep of it with a newborn & 3 year old to take care of. I'll definitely be getting some Thirsties, those were my favorite covers with DD. I haven't decided what to do for fitteds, but I'll be getting some kind for my NB stash as well, but PFs are my favorite for newborns.

As for clothes, I'm going to worry more about that when we find out gender. If this is another girl I am set. DD was the first grandchild for my mother & DH's father & stepmother. I saved all her clothes and it's a little ridiculous how much we have! We only really have two months of summer weather here so I'm thinking t-shirts/onsies and lightweight cotton pants for the most part. Maybe some rompers as well. I'm set for carriers. I have a Bali Breeze wrap, a linen pouch sling, and a very nice lightweight cotton RS, among lots of other carriers, but I think those will get the most summer use.

The biggest thing I am debating is if I want to get a travel bed like the Peapod or Phil & Teds travel crib for beach days (we go to the lake & other state parks a lot in the summer) or if I should just find some sort of tent that has UV protection and get a travel swing or bouncy seat to put under it. I want to be sure I have something to protect the baby from the sun, but not sure if I want to deal with something as bulky as a travel bed. Luckily there is a lot of shade at the lake we go to, but I get super-paranoid about sun exposure.

#14 of 45 Old 11-16-2010, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, we cosleep so we never bought a crib with DS but I don't know what the sleeping arrangements are going to be this go round. Maybe DH and DS in one room, newborn and I in another? That will definitely be the case if this babe is as bad a sleeper as G. Or, if it's a good sleeper (gods and goddesses please, please, please) I was thinking of putting a side car next to the bed, just take one side off or whatever. We have a king size but that's perfect for the three of us so I don't want to squish in another and lose space. So should I buy a crib? I just don't know. Our apartment is just so small, we never bought a changing table, what are those automatic swings called? Did one of those save anyones life? We do have a lot of clothes left over from DS, so I'm sure we'll be able to use some of it, the sizes are completely off for the seasons though. But we do have a lot of cooler clothes for if the AC is on or whatever, just nothing even remotely girly if this ones a girl.

So no one is really knitting or crocheting anything?

#15 of 45 Old 11-16-2010, 04:59 PM

i am waiting until i have gone at least 2 weeks with no spotting before i get or make anything. but with my son when he was born in October all we used for the first few months as diapers and swaddling blankets. we live in a pretty mild climate and he was never cold he was almost always in my arms or in a carrier anyway. i am thinking this summer baby will just need diapers we still have swaddling blankets from my son. i do want to knit and sew baby clothes but will probably make it mostly sized for about 6month old. the only clothes we liked for my son where the kimono style wrap tops so that is what i will make for this baby.

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#16 of 45 Old 11-16-2010, 05:28 PM

The only thing we need is some new cloth diapers.  Our current stash has been through 3 kids and are on their last leg.  My 5yo dd was born in May, and my 7yo ds was born in July, so this baby is all set with clothes for a June baby. :o)

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#17 of 45 Old 11-16-2010, 06:05 PM

I'll need some larger prefolds as well. I bought two dozen rainbow edge from GMD when my nearly 4yo was a 'lil thing and about six of them are ready to fall apart. So, in order to last through my 1yo and this new someone we'll need a few more. 

Babe will sleep with us, we have a king sized bed and I'm in the process of getting our youngest to sleep without me for much of the night. I had a crib with my oldest, who will be 16 next month, but not since. When my littlest girl came along and got close to a year I realised that she often slept better (and so did I!) without my breasts in her face all night orngtongue.gif and so I bought a crib. It was so weird after all those years! She's never spent a lot of time in it but a few hours without a baby on my body has been good for me from time to time. I wouldn't personally invest in a crib prior to meeting my LO. I think I had a swing at some time or another but don't remember it being a necessity. I suppose for certain babies and/or parents they are but again, I wouldn't buy prior to knowing.

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#18 of 45 Old 11-16-2010, 07:36 PM

I don't know how to knit and just barely know how to crochet.  redface.gif  I'm not sure what I would make for a baby but I suppose if I knew how I might have ideas.

We had a swing for DS.  It was a previously-used gift, good thing because I think we used it three times?  One time it did allow us to get in a little "quality time" but I think the other couple times it was just hey let's put him in the swing and watch him go back and forth.  :lol  I half wonder if it would be more useful for a second baby but we don't own it anymore and I'm not curious enough to procure one.  I'm pretty sure we'll do without just fine.  Plus they take up so much space.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#19 of 45 Old 11-16-2010, 09:22 PM

Oh, I really need a new baby monitor, too.  This old one is a piece of poo poo.  lol

Tina ~ SAHcarrot.gif- head Mama to - 

DS blowkiss.gif(07/'03), DD energy.gif(05'05), DS, unplanned UC sleepytime.gif(01/'09), DD joy.gif(06/'11) ...

SURPRISE!  dizzy.gifNew little one, due Sept. 2013

#20 of 45 Old 11-16-2010, 11:06 PM

Me too!  Clara was the first granddaughter, great-grandaughter, etc. on my side of the family and the first girl that our church had had for nearly 2 years!  I had an enormous pink shower. Oh my! :) We waited to find out her gender, so we had a moderate collection of gender neutral stuff too.  I am thinking if we have a boy, we'll have a nice blue shower.  If we have a girl, I may request no shower, or maybe a few "treats" such as a nice monitor or a good swing.

I really did things low key the first time (except for the flood of pink clothes).  We invested in a good carseat and a wonderful Mei Tai and that was about it!  This time, I'd like to try a wrap for the infant stage.  I need an entire newborn stash of diapers (I think I am going to go GMD newborn and smalls with a few PUL and a few wool covers).  I think a good monitor would be a blessing (Last time I got TWO at my shower--one was video even--and scoffed at them living in our one bedroom apartment so I took them back.  That was dumb.).  I think I would enjoy a co-sleeper rather than a bassinet by the bed (she slept with us most of the night anyway and I was so stressed I'd smother her) and a friend has one she offered to loan me.  Also, I think, if the baby likes it, a good swing might be very helpful for the fussy times, and when I need to take a break to be with my first child.  I may try to borrow that too.  Otherwise, I think we're set.

I really want to MAKE something for this baby.  I really regret never finishing something for my firstborn.  I was sort of paralyzed by the fear of acrylics and feeling like nothing I could do would be good enough.  Silly.  Now I have no little sweaters to photograph each of my babies in or anything. :(  But now that THAT pressure is off, I'm really going to try to make something.  I've been thinking of trying to duplicate the adorable wool Disana Sleep Sack.

Now for my TODDLER, I need to set up a chest of drawers (rather than the baskets on the changing table we have been using for her clothes), a toddler bed, and some potty training appropriate clothes.

Oh, and the summer season is so short and so changable here that I'm sure we'll dress the baby in layers most of the time with light blankets in case of chilly weather.  At least I won't feel the need to bundle my baby up in doors or have to run the car for a long time to warm it!  February babies in Alaska are tough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyMama08 View Post

As for clothes, I'm going to worry more about that when we find out gender. If this is another girl I am set. DD was the first grandchild for my mother & DH's father & stepmother. I saved all her clothes and it's a little ridiculous how much we have! We only really have two months of summer weather here so I'm thinking t-shirts/onsies and lightweight cotton pants for the most part.  

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#21 of 45 Old 11-17-2010, 05:39 AM

I gave away everything after my son grew out of it, five years ago.  I thought I was done, too!  So I'll be buying all new stuff this time around.

Having had two previous June-bugs, I feel pretty comfortable about knowing what they're going to need.  My two lived in onsies for the first few months.  I also had a few sleepers and cute outfits for special occasions.  But mainly, their wardrobe consisted of cloth diapers and onsies.

I'm all excited about doing cloth diaper shopping.  There are so many cool new ones available since I last had babies.  A friend of mine recently had a baby and is doing cloth, so she's giving me tips on the ones she's finding to be well-made.  We just have to wait until we get our septic tank inspected (it's on its last leg) before I can officially commit to going with cloth again. 

I'll need to get some new baby furniture, too.  I'm loving these convertible cribs.  My other two didn't spend any time in the crib, but I'm (optimistically) hoping to at least do naps in a crib this time around.  And then we can use the crib as a toddler bed/double bed later on down the line.

I'll probably get a pack-n-play bassinet to keep beside my bed, as I have a smaller bed this time around and have valid concerns about squishing the baby. ;)

Oh, and a carseat and sling.  Duh.

Trying to keep it simple, because this will be my last baby, so we won't get a second use out of this stuff. 

#22 of 45 Old 11-17-2010, 08:24 AM

We gave away almost everything except diapers, car seat, monitor.  I am going to start recalling stuff from other people's houses (cosleeper, more diapers) but clothes for sure will need to be procured!

Mother to one wonderful 5 year old son and another on the way, caretaker of dogs, cats, chickens and worms. EDD 12/11/2011

#23 of 45 Old 11-17-2010, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I gave away a lot of my stuff even though I knew I wasn't done.  

We can borrow an infant seat, and someone is giving me diapers and a hammock.  I might buy a different hammock second hand instead, I'm not sure.  I'd prefer to do that but I will have to see what is available!  

I will also be getting a cashmere/cotton swaddling blanket, some little wool/silk undershirts, and lots of soakers for summer and longies for fall.  I'm going to ask for Aden & Anais type swaddling blankets for a gift if anyone in our families asks.  I'd like to make a few different hats and things too. I have some newborn diapers, but I'll probably get some more, especially prefolds.  I'd like to try out flats this time around too.   I'd like to get a nice sheepskin but it's not the top priority.

For me, I am going to try to buy at least 2 new bras and 2 nursing tanks.  I'm thinking I should go try on nursing tanks now to see what size, so I can get them on sale or in a co-op.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#24 of 45 Old 11-17-2010, 09:33 AM

We'll need a new infant carseat, and due to the tight fit (2 in boosters and 1 in a carseat in the back seat of my wagon) I may have to buy new boosters, too.  Cheaper than a new car, I guess. LOL

I hear you, rach03:  by June it's usually in the 90's pretty regular, and I keep the a/c on 80, so no need for many clothes.  In the summer, my girls lived in cloth dipes and not much else.  I have a metric ton of clothes, though, from gifts and hand-me-downs -- all girly stuff.  DH is praying hard for a boy this time, so we'll see.  I still have most of my newborn diaper stash, but I loaned some of it out.  I'll need to either get those back or replace them, and I need some new covers as well. And some Snappi's.

I desperately want some sort of awesome wrap or carrier, but have had terrible luck trying to figure out how to use them.  I want to fix that BEFORE the baby gets here!

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#25 of 45 Old 11-17-2010, 10:28 AM

We thought our third child was our last since I went into menopause... so we got rid of everything!! The only thing we kept were a few of our favourite cloth diapers and some baby carriers. Thank god I kept those. ;)

I've started buying large stashes of cloth. I'm actually kind of grateful for the opportunity to buy a new stash, cloth is SO CUTE and it's come pretty far from 8-9 years ago when I was first buying it off Ebay.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#26 of 45 Old 11-17-2010, 10:36 AM

we didn't find out ds' gender before so we have a good stash of gender neutral gear. my wish list includes a few more diaper covers, car seat, and hopefully a professional photo session. try as i did to get dh into it we have no professional maternity or post-baby shots. i think i'm going to ask my mom and sisters to contribute to a photo package. it was my one regret with ds.

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

#27 of 45 Old 11-17-2010, 11:19 AM

ummm, nothing? :lol

Seriously I have baby clothes out the kazoo for a boy and if its a girl, my good friend just had a girl so I am set. Babies so don't need much, I already have 2 good baby carriers, bouncy seat. What else do I need really?

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#28 of 45 Old 11-17-2010, 12:09 PM

I am WAY too nervous to buy anything yet, but the temptation is strong.  I own a CD/natural parenting store so I find myself considering creating a little NB stash from my orders.  I will definitely wait a while before doing that.  I have three daughters, so if this one's a boy, either he will wear lots of pink dresses or I will be doing some serious garage saling!  Another girl will be well outfitted! 

Cristi mom to DDs ages 4, 7 & 10 + expecting a new little blessing June 2011
#29 of 45 Old 11-17-2010, 12:42 PM

Oh what a fun thread! It's nice to look forward...

There won't be too much we need to buy for this little "June Bug" (I love that!) but since we didn't cloth diaper with my daughter and we'll be moving out of the city and into a house with a washer/dryer in the basement (woohoo!) I am really excited to jump into the world of cloth. I've started building a small stash here and there, found a few goodmama's on ebay, got some hand me downs from a friend who does cloth diaper demonstrations, and am going to slowly start buying some newborn sized fitteds and maybe also a few prefolds for good measure. I have lots of friends who cloth diaper now so I feel much better informed than I was with my daughter, just being overwhelmed by the internet.

I've got lots of little "girl" clothes, but since we're (hopefully) not finding out the sex this time I could definitely use some more gender neutral tees & onesies for the early months and then I'm sure we'll pick things up as we need them. 

I'd also like to buy a mei tai this time around. I have wraps & slings & an ergo, but love the idea of a soft carrier we can use from the very beginning too. And of course I have to round out the collection, eh?

As far as other gear I think we're pretty well set from saving a lot of my daughter's things.

Mama to one darling and wild 3 year old, and growing a tiny new June Bean.
#30 of 45 Old 11-17-2010, 12:57 PM

If this baby is a boy, I will need a little more in the clothing department, but I have lots of friends with baby stuff, so I should be pretty covered.

This will be my first time cloth diapering, so I will eventually need to build up a stash of those. I have already gotten bags of newborn prefolds from girlfriends tho.

I have my moby wrap - which I couldn't live without in the newborn stage! - my mai tie, and an ergo.

I have a crib that has been sidecarred to our bed as a barely used co-sleeper for both girls. I suppose we will drag it out of storage again. ;)

What I thought I needed changed drastically from the first kid to the second, and now third.

My list for the first 5 months of a baby born in June in Arizona would look something like this...

- prefolds and wipes

- moby and mai tie

- lots of short sleeved onesies

- baby legs

- moses basket

- burp cloths

- boobs :)

I think that's it!

That said, I have already purchased a onesie with a men's tie graphic on it and a little red fox. lol And no, we don't know gender yet! ;)

ETA:

- infant carseat - which we do need

- bouncy seat - we did use this a fair amount when baby wanted to sit upright a little and watch the action.

mama to three amazing girls (05.07, 09.08 and 2.11) expecting #4 in July

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page