Tried hazelwood necklace? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-24-2010, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I ordered one and it should be coming any day now, so I'm super excited to see if it helps with my nausea. When hazelwood is worn against the skin, it's supposed to help balance the acidity in your body and therefore helping with nausea and heartburn during pregnancy. Has anyone tried this before? I am at my WITS END w/this horrible nausea and constantly puking. I've tried EVERYTHING. You name it, I've tried it, and I just happen to be one of those lucky ones that nothing works. This is my 4th pregnancy so it's nothing new to me, but I cry every other day just from being so tired of feeling this way.

Grace: Massage Therapist, YL Essential Oils Educator, and busy homeschooling mama to 4 babes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 11-25-2010, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Ooh!  I've not heard of that and I am one of those whose tried everything and nothing works.  So I am definitely interested to hear how it goes.  Incidentally, my doctor has a theory that women who get sick (the normal sick) are having major hormone fluctuations that taper off after the placenta takes over the production of the progesterone (end of first trimester) but that women who get way more sick than the average woman and when the sickness continues well beyond the first trimester that actually there is barely enough progesterone in the body and the body is fighting against the baby.  She says, there's enough P to go to the baby and keep him/her hanging on, but not enough for the mother to function.  Last pregnancy when I had hypermesis gravidarum and had lost 20lbs, I found this out and started taking bioidentical progesterone created at a compounding pharmacy. I was 15 weeks and things started getting better right away.  I never knew if I was just getting better or if the progesterone worked.  I took it until about 30 weeks when it started to make me feel queasy and so I weaned off.

This pregnancy, anticipating the nausea, I started taking P at 6 weeks.  Well, the tablet dissolving in my mouth was so nauseating and vomit inducing that I felt like it was having the opposite effect!  My progesterone was tested and it was nice and high.  They figured that my first pregnancy kicked the progesterone into gear and that I don't need it so much this time.  (I got pregnant less than a year after giving birth).  But, as women age, women tend to have trouble with their level of P so some think that women who are getting pregnant several times in their mid 30's to early 40's may have more severe nausea issues due to lower levels of progesterone. 

It's food for thought anyway.  Not sure how valid it is.

#3 of 8 Old 11-26-2010, 08:08 AM

Just wanted to say, I have been dealing with severe nausea and sometimes all day vomiting.  I tried everything and nothing worked, and like you I was crying and throwing one person pity parties.  My sister (she's due in May) didn't experience any morning sickness which we both found strange because we are generally exactly alike.  So, we talked about what we did differently.  The only real difference is that she takes Zyrtec everyday for her allergies.  It is over the counter and class b.  So, I tried it.  It is so helpful!  I have been able to eat, no vomiting.  Mild gagging when I brush my teeth.  But my appetite is back.  It is so wonderful.  I am generally not a drug taker, but I do take allergy medicine in the spring when my allergies are at their worst.  But, I was at a point of despair so this zyrtec is a life saver!  

Don't know how you feel about taking medicine, but it's over the counter and maybe worth a try.

Kristin , married to DH , mama to DS 8/4/09 and EDD 6/24/11
#4 of 8 Old 11-30-2010, 11:55 AM

I'd love to know where you got yours from! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grcelizabeth View Post

I ordered one and it should be coming any day now, so I'm super excited to see if it helps with my nausea. When hazelwood is worn against the skin, it's supposed to help balance the acidity in your body and therefore helping with nausea and heartburn during pregnancy. Has anyone tried this before? I am at my WITS END w/this horrible nausea and constantly puking. I've tried EVERYTHING. You name it, I've tried it, and I just happen to be one of those lucky ones that nothing works. This is my 4th pregnancy so it's nothing new to me, but I cry every other day just from being so tired of feeling this way.

Claire, book reading, tree loving, coffee drinking wife to K, and happy SAHM to ds G Feb '09 home birth, dd C ~ free birthed June '11, and now a new lil surprise due October 2012 joy.gif

#5 of 8 Old 12-01-2010, 01:51 PM

hug.gif to all of you that are sick. I would love to hear where you bought the necklace and if it works for you. I will try anything at this point. I have lost 15 pounds and have to get IV infusions. I have had many a pity party over the past few weeks. I am starting to improve but, I have a lot of digestive issues and vomiting still.

#6 of 8 Old 12-01-2010, 02:22 PM

I know that hazelwood necklaces are sold at Inspired by Finn. Not too long ago I bought my fetus an amber teething necklace from there as well as one for my 7yo who is getting molars. 

http://hyenacart.com/inspiredbyfinn/

I also did a quick internet search that turned up lots of shops. I only have experience with the one above, however. 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#7 of 8 Old 12-02-2010, 10:26 AM

Thank you for the website. I just ordered it and can't wait for it to come so I can try it out.love.gif

#8 of 8 Old 12-02-2010, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, I purchased mine from the above website too. I've been wearing the necklace for 3 days now and am starting to not feel as bad in the mornings. Granted, if too much acid is the reason for why you are so sick then there are foods to avoid as well and I don't think acid is my main problem, but it seems to be helping a little bit.

I will be getting the amber eventually to see if that helps with the hip/pelvic pain I know I'll get. Good luck ladies.

Grace: Massage Therapist, YL Essential Oils Educator, and busy homeschooling mama to 4 babes.

User Tag List