anyone else having an NT scan? - Mothering Forums
June 2011 > anyone else having an NT scan?
bk_hope_2_b_mama's Avatar bk_hope_2_b_mama 04:27 PM 11-30-2010

Mine is this Thursday, and I'm a little nervous! Just wondering if anyone else out there is having one...



kawa kamuri's Avatar kawa kamuri 05:15 PM 11-30-2010

I'll be having one soon. I'm 12w4d and will probably get the call for my scheduled date tomorrow. 


mad4mady's Avatar mad4mady 06:31 PM 11-30-2010

I had it done today. It was just like a regular ultrasound. I was a little nervous but I am pretty low risk. I did it basically to prepare myself in case there was something found. I had already done the blood work and so they were able to give me a preliminary report and everything looked good but, they don't really tell you either way.

 

Good luck ladies and just think of it as an extra chance to see your little one.

 

Megan


Mamanoley's Avatar Mamanoley 06:56 PM 11-30-2010

Going in for mine tomorrow 10:30am just a plain scan they check growth, nasal bone ocsification and the thickness of the nuchal fold. Ultrasounds are never 100% accurate so I wouldn't worry, for me it's just a reassuring peek at the baby.

 

Good luck hope you get a good look at your little one!


msmiranda's Avatar msmiranda 09:59 AM 12-01-2010

I had mine yesterday.  It went fine, I was relieved to see the baby moving around and (frankly) still alive -- I'm a total worywart.  They gave me several souvenir pics too!


oneluvmama's Avatar oneluvmama 11:13 AM 12-01-2010

I had mine last week. It's easy! Just sit back and relax and watch baby wiggle! ;)


Mamanoley's Avatar Mamanoley 12:33 PM 12-01-2010

AHHHHH!!!!! I just had mine and it was great! Sorry for the shouting it's just that, well from what the tech and I could both tell......There was a total lack of penis!!!!! Having two boys already this comes as a total shock to me, we'll see for sure in a few months but the tech said if she had to guess now she'd say girl and gave me a shot that says "girl?" as she was explaining where she saw the sliiiight three lines....wow...baby waved at us but slept most of the scan everything else was great measuring a day ahead hahaha we all know how accurate that is....

 

Hope you enjoy your scan!


mad4mady's Avatar mad4mady 01:55 PM 12-01-2010


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamanoley View Post

AHHHHH!!!!! I just had mine and it was great! Sorry for the shouting it's just that, well from what the tech and I could both tell......There was a total lack of penis!!!!! Having two boys already this comes as a total shock to me, we'll see for sure in a few months but the tech said if she had to guess now she'd say girl and gave me a shot that says "girl?" as she was explaining where she saw the sliiiight three lines....wow...baby waved at us but slept most of the scan everything else was great measuring a day ahead hahaha we all know how accurate that is....

 

Hope you enjoy your scan!


Wow, that is so exiciting. I asked the tech if she could make out the gender but, she said if it was a week later she would take a guess. Hope it works out the way you would like!


kawa kamuri's Avatar kawa kamuri 02:08 PM 12-01-2010

I have mine at 8am tomorrow. I'm more apprehensive than excited. I'm not expecting anything to be wrong with the baby but I'm still holding my breath as it's not something I'm doing for fun. 

 

I had one with my last daughter and it turned out she was already too big. At that time I was told that she was "probably a girl" but as I understood it they look at the genital tuber and not necessarily labia and penises and such. 

 

http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

 


bk_hope_2_b_mama's Avatar bk_hope_2_b_mama 03:47 PM 12-01-2010

Great to hear all the positive energy around the scan! I am mostly nervous because I'm pregnant after 4 losses and still not out of the worrying stage. It's amazing - up until this week I've just worried about staying pregnant, and now it's been immediately replaced by worrying about something being wrong with the chromosomes. I didn't even take a day off before I switched worry topics!

 

Because I've been with an RE, I've had 3 ultrasounds already (nuts). The baby has grown perfectly every time and the heart keeps on beatin', so this just might be it :) I wish I was just excited to see things on an ultrasound, but really I'm worried I'll see something bad.

 

I really, really appreciate the positivity! PAL can be very anxiety ridden and I'm loving talking to the "regular" (wrong word, but, you know...) pregnant ladies out there. Thank you :)

 


Mamanoley's Avatar Mamanoley 08:48 PM 12-01-2010

 

 I can totally understand where you're coming from after two losses I worried a lot that something could be wrong after spotting and bleeding for three weeks. The only thing that has helped me feel better about it is I know if I spend the whole pregnancy on pins and needles I will look back and regret not enjoying it like I sort of did with my son.

 

You could try and embrace this pregnancy for what it is, a totally new pregnancy that you should love every minute of.  Take care of yourself and try not to stress too much mama hug2.gif

 

 

 

hehe the same website says this at 13 weeks "The external genitalia are well defined making it is possible to determine the baby's gender"

 

 

 

(eta:wouldn't let me post twice in a row so I made two into one)


kawa kamuri's Avatar kawa kamuri 08:50 PM 12-01-2010

tomato.gifWell I've never been one for detail! 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamanoley View Post

hehe the same website says this at 13 weeks "The external genitalia are well defined making it is possible to determine the baby's gender"




Mamanoley's Avatar Mamanoley 08:58 PM 12-01-2010

I'm curious who writes the site now though because it is filled with poor grammar and spelling I never noticed before orngtongue.gif


bk_hope_2_b_mama's Avatar bk_hope_2_b_mama 05:12 PM 12-02-2010

Thanks for all the good energy. Just had the scan and all went well. I think I finally believe there's a baby in there! :)


kawa kamuri's Avatar kawa kamuri 07:12 AM 12-06-2010

This morning I got results on my bloodwork and re-told the results of the NT scan - a perfectly healthy baby joy.gif


bk_hope_2_b_mama's Avatar bk_hope_2_b_mama 05:31 PM 12-07-2010

Hey, me too! :)


fertilemyrtle's Avatar fertilemyrtle 11:05 AM 12-10-2010

Just had mine this morning, and blood tests will be back next week or so.   Everything looked good :)


lokidoki's Avatar lokidoki 07:06 PM 12-10-2010

I do not have mine until the 27th. Technically I would be in the time frame to have it the week before Christmas but the office is booked solid that week so we are waiting until just over 13 weeks. I am hoping that will give me a better chance at details for gender : ) I am actually looking forward to it ~ the ultrasound is what I am craving! So glad everyone got good news!


calynde's Avatar calynde 08:26 AM 12-11-2010
I had mine on thursday, and everything looks great! joy.gif

Where i live, the scans are done by your OB right in their office...so no technicians involved and the equiptment is very high tech, too. I was surprised that my doc told me she could already make out the gender pretty clearly (12 weeks 6 days). I wanted to find out eventually, but i wasn't at all mentally prepared to find out so soon! Grr. Anyway, despite her seeming fairly sure, i can't bring myself to bond with the idea yet im case she's wrong. Man, you learn something new with each pregnancy, that's for sure!
kawa kamuri's Avatar kawa kamuri 03:36 PM 12-11-2010


Quote:
Originally Posted by calynde View Post

I had mine on thursday, and everything looks great! joy.gif

Where i live, the scans are done by your OB right in their office...so no technicians involved and the equiptment is very high tech, too. I was surprised that my doc told me she could already make out the gender pretty clearly (12 weeks 6 days). I wanted to find out eventually, but i wasn't at all mentally prepared to find out so soon! Grr. Anyway, despite her seeming fairly sure, i can't bring myself to bond with the idea yet im case she's wrong. Man, you learn something new with each pregnancy, that's for sure!


I was given a "probably" and "most likely" with my previous babe during the NT and, while she is a girl, I agree that it's wisest to hang on for confirmation in a few weeks. I didn't ask this time because my DP wasn't present and wants to wait for birth anyway. 

 

I'm so happy everyone is getting great results! 


Kelley55's Avatar Kelley55 04:24 PM 12-12-2010

I'm going tomorrow.  A little nervous...my husband's sister has down syndrome, so we felt really strongly about having the testing done.  Trying not to stress too much though. 


kawa kamuri's Avatar kawa kamuri 05:23 PM 12-13-2010

I hope you got great news today!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley55 View Post

I'm going tomorrow.  A little nervous...my husband's sister has down syndrome, so we felt really strongly about having the testing done.  Trying not to stress too much though. 




Kelley55's Avatar Kelley55 06:59 PM 12-13-2010

We don't have our official results yet...but the genetic counselor said one major sign of possible down syndrome is the absence of a nose bone in the ultrasound.  We clearly saw the nose bone and the tech even pointed it out.  The baby had a super strong heart beat and was flailing around like crazy.  I am feeling really excited and things are on the up and up.  It amazes me the difference a few weeks can make...we saw tiny facial features, hands, feets....we were floored. 


Up