54K views 339 replies 68 participants last post by  kawa kamuri 
#1 ·
14w2d

Photo231.jpg

See less See more
#102 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaRa7 View Post

ratgrl-is this your first? I know first time moms don't always feel baby as soon. As for not looking pregnant--you may just "pop" all at once-won't that be neat?:)

My friends who are tall tend to not look pregnant until they are about 6months-then BAM! :)
Yes, it's my first. I know in my head that it's early still to show with a first. Plus I am quite tall and overweight, so I've got two more strikes against a baby bump showing up this early. I hope to pop suddenly, that would be awesome :)

#104 ·
Finally showing a tiny bit at 18 weeks! This will be my second live birth, God willing. I've just reached the point where it no longer looks like I was just filling out after being super skinny for so long and I have started looking somewhat pregnant. Plus I'm finally starting to feel bulky around the middle.
smile.gif
But winter clothes aren't helping at all, it hides everything! Everyone looks so great...it is fun to see the changes.

500 Normal stomach at 18.5 weeks.

500 Completely relaxing my stomach muscles after eating. This is more like it.

500 With a sweater on, not much to see!

#109 ·
Everybody looks great!!

I was going to take a picture today but as I was setting up the camera, I realized that I look exactly the same as last week! Maybe I will wait a couple of weeks and hope for a rounder belly!

#110 ·
Just out of curiosity... for those with the teeny bellies: are you still feeling like baby is all up in your business and making it hard to breathe and walk around? I have a really large belly and it's TOTALLY in my way all the time, it's exhausting to lug up and down stairs, it's getting harder to take deep breaths, et all... I'm just curious if you guys with smaller bellies are experiencing the same thing. In other words, is it more about the size of the baby than the size of the belly?

#111 ·
I think I've got a middle of the road sized belly, definitely big for a first time mother though.. I've been having trouble taking super deep breaths for the last few weeks (I'd say since about 16 weeks - I'm 20 weeks now), and my sproglet is measuring a week ahead gestationally.

I would think that the mamas who have tiny bellies would have a harder time breathing than We Who Have Popped, 'cause everything+baby is still all up in their abdomens. Then again, I tend to enjoy making up BS theories to justify my thought processes. :p

#112 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerette View Post

I think I've got a middle of the road sized belly, definitely big for a first time mother though.. I've been having trouble taking super deep breaths for the last few weeks (I'd say since about 16 weeks - I'm 20 weeks now), and my sproglet is measuring a week ahead gestationally.

I would think that the mamas who have tiny bellies would have a harder time breathing than We Who Have Popped, 'cause everything+baby is still all up in their abdomens. Then again, I tend to enjoy making up BS theories to justify my thought processes. :p
I have yet to take any belly shots to post... maybe next week ;). I'm thin with a longer torso and I don't look pregnant until around 6 months (this is turning out to be true with #3 too!). I don't have any trouble with deep breathing until the last 6 weeks when baby is everywhere!!

#113 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleteapot View Post

Just out of curiosity... for those with the teeny bellies: are you still feeling like baby is all up in your business and making it hard to breathe and walk around? I have a really large belly and it's TOTALLY in my way all the time, it's exhausting to lug up and down stairs, it's getting harder to take deep breaths, et all... I'm just curious if you guys with smaller bellies are experiencing the same thing. In other words, is it more about the size of the baby than the size of the belly?
I don't feel uncomfortable yet at all. Deep breaths are not a problem, I'm juuuuust starting to feel like my belly is sticking out more than I am used to and that makes me feel a little off-balance or bulkier than usual, but I figure I have another 20 weeks to start feeling really uncomfortable. I'm almost 19 weeks now.

#115 ·
I'm not showing much at all yet, and I'll be 20 weeks on Wednesday. I don't usually pop until about 24-26 weeks, but I'm thinking that it will be sooner with this one being that it's baby #4. I have pretty generous hips, so there's lots of room in there for a baby before the belly starts growing outward much. I'm tallish as well, which helps. I can take deep breaths, but I've been getting out of breath the past couple of days fairly easily. I think that has more to do with all that extra blood volume and trying to pump it all through my lungs.

#117 ·
I took this picture at Christmas with my sister, but because of all the sickness and whatnot, am just now getting around to posting it. I'm 15 weeks with my second in it (I'm wearing the dress) and she is 22 weeks with her first. I'm over 18 weeks now, so I've been meaning to post this for sometime.

January 2011 114.JPG

#118 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post

stillheart.gif
the bellies!!

astar326, is that a bra you're wearing? do you mind me asking what kind it is? looks really comfy.....
love.gif
lol, yes it's a bra and i don't mind you asking at all. it's a few years old so the tag is faded, but i believe it's a wire free lily of france that i picked up at kohl's. it is super comfy.

#119 ·
Here is my first in my weekly series of belly shots...I normally start around 18 weeks. I found out today that the person inside of that bump is a baby girl! This is my 5th pregnancy, 3rd time making it out of the first trimester...I'm kind of surprised how small I am!

DSC_0115 18 wk edit.jpg

#120 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleteapot View Post

Just out of curiosity... for those with the teeny bellies: are you still feeling like baby is all up in your business and making it hard to breathe and walk around?
My belly is still small but the baby is definitely in my business! I feel short of breath or light headed a lot the time. Sleeping is really hard too, I discovered now that I need about six pillows in strategic spots. I think it's just because she's pressing on my artery. Also I started pregnancy with really low blood pressure, like 100/50, so maybe it's lower now and that's the problem :(

I would love any tips! I can't imagine how uncomfortable everyone feels at 38 weeks if I feel this uncomfortable now! I hate complaining but it's true.

#123 ·
Great photos! Rach03, love the shirt! I'm looking for some just like that. Just moved from Puerto Rico to MT and I'm freeeezing! LOL

#124 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug2011 View Post
Also I started pregnancy with really low blood pressure, like 100/50, so maybe it's lower now and that's the problem :(

I would love any tips! I can't imagine how uncomfortable everyone feels at 38 weeks if I feel this uncomfortable now! I hate complaining but it's true.
BP naturally starts to go up around the 2nd trimester. Mine is low like yours, too. Usually around 90/60 or 100/75 or something, and right now it's more like in the "optimal" range so I start to feel it pretty quickly having been so accustomed to having low BP for so long.

As for comfort: body pillow!!! I can't recommend it enough. I love mine. There's also this thing I've seen tons of people talk about called a Snuggie? It's like a C-shaped body pillow that can fold around you so you can put it between your knees, around your back and under your head at the same time. Looks super comfy.

#126 ·
CrunchyClark, that shirt came from Target in their maternity section! I love Target maternity clothes...they are usually pretty stylish and not too expensive!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.