Crippling Fatigue - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-12-2010, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't think I could get more tired and am wondering if anyone is in the same boat. With my 2 previous pregnancies I was tired in the first trimester, but nothing like this. I would usually be ok until afternoon and need a rest then. Now, I sleep 9 hours at night and wake up tired. I really don't get anything done unless it is completely nessasary. I am taking 2 hour naps everyday and it doesn't seem to help.

I literally feel handicapped in some way. Its hard to descibe because it sounds so lame to just say I am tired.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#2 of 8 Old 12-12-2010, 05:08 PM

Me, me! It's AWFUL.

I have terrible insomnia, so I'm up until 2-4am every night. Then I sleep until 8-9 and get up with my kids, nap on the couch until 11-12 while they eat breakfast and watch a movie, then often have ANOTHER nap later in the evening. Lather, rinse, repeat. I've tried taking Gravol to help induce sleep earlier (yes, it's safe) and it's not working. :( Even when I do miraculously get to sleep at midnight or so, I still need two naps to keep going. And this is with all my supplements and lots of water every day.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#3 of 8 Old 12-12-2010, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Melatonin helps to get to sleep (its safe too). Getting to sleep is so not my problem, I sleep so much and still am barely functioning. I am almost a safety risk for driving.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#4 of 8 Old 12-12-2010, 05:47 PM

Ooh I forgot about melatonin. One thing I just learned about it is that less is more! A smaller dose actually works far better than a larger one. :)

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#5 of 8 Old 12-12-2010, 05:55 PM

I was like this for my first 12 weeks. I fell asleep as soon as I sat down, practically nodded off at the table while I ate sometimes and never felt rested. I agree, it's like a disability. The biggest help for me was switching to New Chapter vitamins. I felt a a difference in my energy the first day, and by the 2nd day it was undeniable. I recently started drinking coffee in the morning and that's helpful too, of course!

Home birthing, extended bf, homeschooling, vegan lifestyle-living massage therapist mama to Grrl 1 (12/11/04), Grrl 2 (2/15/07), Grrl 3 (6/23/11), and ?! (10/14). Backpacking, kayaking, shoestring traveling adrenaline junky--I love talking all night around the campfire and drinking great craft beer!
treehugger.gif
#6 of 8 Old 12-12-2010, 07:30 PM

ME!  I am so exhausted and it is not letting up.  And I have insomnia like pp said...except mine is 4-5 a.m. every.single.night.  I absolutely hate it.  On top of all that I'm still nursing my toddler who uses me as a pacifier and I'm too tired to fight it at night.  I would give anything to feel normal again.  I have no idea how I'm going to get through the next six months!

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#7 of 8 Old 12-13-2010, 07:41 AM

I had the insomnia at first and it has left now that I am in the second trimester.  But am still more tired than with my first two.  I just attribute it to being 40 y.o. and 20 years later *LOL*  I do have restless legs though since being pregnant which disturbs my sleep which probably contributes a bit too.

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#8 of 8 Old 12-15-2010, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

So just a heads up for all you tired mamas. I started taking 1000 I.U. of Vit D twice a day and feel like a new woman. It has really helped.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page