Weekly Chat 12/14 - 12/20 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-17-2010, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Our snow is coming this weekend.  I feel for you though.  I was complaining about feeding and watering the alpacas just in the cold cold.gif  Of course all 40+ of them were quite content in their umpteen million inches of fleece rolleyes.gif  I wish they would make maternity Carharrt!

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2010, 01:57 PM

painefaria, so happy to hear that you are feeling better!

citymagnolia, glad your move and dd's party went well.

calynde, exciting move. 

Mamatoabunch, sorry your frustrated with dh.

Buddhamom, i love alpacas! wish i was closer i would come and give you a hand.

AFM: dh had a terrible flu and worked from home the past 3 days. it was interesting having him home. luckily i think ds and i some how managed not to get sick. i have a little cold (or allergies), but i'm feeling better every day. so i bought the baby 2 halloween onsies. i must confess, i have a love of everything halloween and ds wears halloween clothes all year long. and this is the time to buy halloween clothes.

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

Old 12-17-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calynde View Post

so the big news over here this week is that we found out we're moving to NYC just a couple of months after baby is born. And we're in Switzerland now, so it's a big move...both distance-wise and culturally. Very exciting, but also a little overwhelming to think about shipping all of our stuff and living in a hotel temporarily etc. Never a dull moment with us...haha!

anyone in NY?

That's awesome! I lived in NY for eight years, let me know if you are looking for good moms groups or anything. It really depends on which neighborhood you move to. Every neighborhood has its own groups and its own vibe :)

treehugger.gifIn love with dh and mama to dd, born at home 6/3/2011 stillheart.gif

Old 12-18-2010, 10:01 AM

wow, calynde! not in NYC, but sending you a congrats and good luck! international moves are a big deal. very exciting!

astar: what a great image, with those halloween onies!

I think I have started to transition from looking a bit fat to actually showing. I had two people I am friendly with ask me (very excitedly) if I'm pregnant. I'm a little embarrassed that I'm showing soo much at not even quite 16 wks yet, but it is pretty fun that the word is kinda naturally getting out, if you know what I mean. Snow is piling up around here. My feet are cold, but the dog is very happy.

hi!

Old 12-18-2010, 10:54 AM

We are new to New Mexico, we moved from Okinawa, Japan where it is just a tropical climate all the time.  I am with all of you who are freezing.  I'm struggling a bit eyesroll.gif!  Oh well.  I must confess that because we moved as soon as I found out we were pregnant that Thursday was my very first OB appt.  and she ordered an ultrasound right away to compare dates.  I was selfishly disappointed to see that we have another baby girl on the way.  I know that sounds awful and believe me I FEEL awful for feeling that way.  I was just really hoping for a son since this will probably be our last baby.  I know God's plan for our family is perfect, I was just hoping to have that feeling of being the mother of a son.  I hear so many women talking about their sons and it makes me a little sad that I will most likely never know that.  Bash me if you must...I'm just being honest.  I am already over it and in love with my new daughter growing inside of me, I just had to share.  Thanks for listening :)

Endlessly happy wife to heartbeat.gifSteve, homeschool.gifHomeschooling Mama to energy.gifDD Jordin - 1/20/04, bouncy.gifDD Riley - 12/10/06, and nut.gifDD Lillian our first uc.jpg  h20homebirth.gif 7/10/08, DDlove.gif Zoie 6/3/11 and new bean in June 2013

Old 12-18-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by presslermom View Post

We are new to New Mexico, we moved from Okinawa, Japan where it is just a tropical climate all the time.  I am with all of you who are freezing.  I'm struggling a bit eyesroll.gif!  Oh well.  I must confess that because we moved as soon as I found out we were pregnant that Thursday was my very first OB appt.  and she ordered an ultrasound right away to compare dates.  I was selfishly disappointed to see that we have another baby girl on the way.  I know that sounds awful and believe me I FEEL awful for feeling that way.  I was just really hoping for a son since this will probably be our last baby.  I know God's plan for our family is perfect, I was just hoping to have that feeling of being the mother of a son.  I hear so many women talking about their sons and it makes me a little sad that I will most likely never know that.  Bash me if you must...I'm just being honest.  I am already over it and in love with my new daughter growing inside of me, I just had to share.  Thanks for listening :)

Welcome! I have lived in NM 12 years. We live in the East Mountain area.

Today is our Kellen's birthday. We are having a birthday party/pre-Christmas party. Lots to do today! I am scrubbing walls right now, taking a few minutes break. Boy can a few little ones make the walls filthy and it is quite a workout, just as hard as the exercise dvd I did this morning!

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:53 AM

hi presslermom,

i think we may have been in the july 2008 due date club together...i remember you being in japan. 

well, for a wee bit of commiseration, it appears i may be on my 3rd son in a row and this is definitely our last. i am actually ok with it, but i see mamas with their cute little daughters and i wonder slightly longingly what that would be like. on the other hand, it feels kind of special having it the way it is, too...like what are the chances of that!? ha!

i've always harbored daydreams of santa fe, NM as a great place to live...but you guys are all making me think it must be miserably cold down there!

Blissed out mama to 3 beautiful boys love.gif LIFE IS GOOD! thumb.gif

Old 12-18-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calynde View Post

i've always harbored daydreams of santa fe, NM as a great place to live...but you guys are all making me think it must be miserably cold down there!

My dh works in Santa Fe. It took him 4 hours to get to work yesterday and 3 hours to come home. He supervises the postal carriers, bad work day.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:13 PM

I have boxes and boxes of RRL tea and an entire box of RRL waiting for me. I started drinking it back at like 5 weeks but I was having cramping with it, so I decided to wait until I was in my second trimester. I believe that today is the perfect freezing cold, rainy day to start drinking my tea again :)

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
Old 12-18-2010, 03:32 PM

Hi everyone!  Its nice to hear that morning sickness is easing up for some of us - it really gives me hope! 

I have been very sick this week - actually developed pneumonia and was in the hospital for most of the week.  I had to get antibiotics and was much more dehydrated than I would have thought so they helped me rebound from that.  Sigh... still feeling a bit crappy but sooooooo happy to be HOME!!!

I am with all of you who are cold all of the time.  I have been wearing layers and layers!  Here in Chicago it hasn't gotten out of the teens for a while. cold.gif  I need to move already!!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

Old 12-19-2010, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post

I have boxes and boxes of RRL tea and an entire box of RRL waiting for me. I started drinking it back at like 5 weeks but I was having cramping with it, so I decided to wait until I was in my second trimester. I believe that today is the perfect freezing cold, rainy day to start drinking my tea again smile.gif

So weird, here in switzerland, they only take RRL tea as from 7 months of pregnancy. And this is a place that uses herbs for any and every occasion. I know the recommendations are different in the US, but i find myself holding out for 7 months anyway. There is, however, a nutritive herbal tea blend for pregnancy that i'd like to start on now that i'm feeling better. The perfect time of year for tea! cold.gif

Blissed out mama to 3 beautiful boys love.gif LIFE IS GOOD! thumb.gif

Old 12-19-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by presslermom View Post

I was selfishly disappointed to see that we have another baby girl on the way.  I know that sounds awful and believe me I FEEL awful for feeling that way.  I was just really hoping for a son since this will probably be our last baby.  I know God's plan for our family is perfect, I was just hoping to have that feeling of being the mother of a son.  I hear so many women talking about their sons and it makes me a little sad that I will most likely never know that.  Bash me if you must...I'm just being honest.  I am already over it and in love with my new daughter growing inside of me, I just had to share.  Thanks for listening :) 

I was so sure that #2 was a boy that I gave away almost all of dd#1's girly stuff.  When the u/s showed another girl, I went straight to my car and cried my eyes out.  Terrible, I know, but that's what happened.  :bag  Of course I got over myself and cannot imagine our family without *her* ... but we're allowed our feelings, ya know?  DH wants a son SO badly and wants me to tell him my "gut" feeling but after being wrong with the last pregnancy I'm refusing to go on the record with anything!  LOL  Just told him AGAIN this morning that he's going to have to wait until the anatomy scan ... it's only a few weeks away!

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

Old 12-19-2010, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Santa Fe? Cold? Seriously? I always thought that was a warm place...course I've never actually been there. I'm in North Dakota and I'm not feeling any more cold than normal...course I also have my car in a nice heated underground garage and have been trying to go outside as little as possible. lol.gif That's my strategy for ND winters from now on. Man, it's nice not to have to scrape. Garage required!

I think I'm getting sick. greensad.gif I have a really sore throat this morning. Drat, I was hoping to avoid that this winter. Typically when I get sick, especially when pregnant, it seems to hang around for way too long. If it lasts past Christmas, I'm definitely finding a doc and getting the darn antibiotics.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 12-19-2010, 09:44 AM

Does this DDC have any twins yet? 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

Old 12-19-2010, 10:35 AM

Ya know...I was wondering that too...I don't remember anyone mentioning it...now I must check the intro thread lol

ETA: According to the DDC roster we have one set of twins due June 2. Of course there is still time for a few more to pop up lol

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

Old 12-19-2010, 11:41 AM

hiya mamas! 

i always seem to post at the end of a thread... hmmm. what could that mean? shrug.gif

i have been reading a few threads here, but it has been so very busy this week with late school nights and two play performances. just too busy to chime in. i can hardly believe i am 16 weeks today. i'm feeling the little wiggler more often and have been dreaming of bigger kicks, too. i am happy to say that my school will hold my position while i take time off with our baby. it looks like i will leave in early may and be off through december. i will probably visit my class weekly and maybe teach them a little art class or something with the baby coming along. i hope to return part-time from january through june of next year, teaching a few hours a day.

today is my 18th anniversary with dh and we are having a gathering this evening to celebrate our anniversary and the solstice. my sil bought fresh crab yesterday at the wharf and i'm making cheese and chocolate fondue. eat.gifyummy! dd and i are finally getting to decorating the house this afternoon. it is blustery and rainy today, so it will be such a cozy little party. i am looking forward to it. :)

i am so so relieved and happy to be off for two weeks, and will spend the next week getting ready for christmas. i've done hardly anything. still need to get our tree, make and send cards, cookies, get stocking stuffers, etc. etc. it will be a full week ahead!

i wish you all a peaceful solstice!

xo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 12-20-2010, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa kamuri View Post

I was wondering about that too. Every DDC has to have a couple sets of twins, and I'm just hoping it's not me! Although I have no reason to believe it is, other than not having an ultrasound yet so not knowing!

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

Old 12-20-2010, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa kamuri View Post

I was wondering about that too. Every DDC has to have a couple sets of twins, and I'm just hoping it's not me! Although I have no reason to believe it is, other than not having an ultrasound yet so not knowing!

Other than measuring ahead in weeks, and the fact that its my "turn" in terms of family history to have twins, there's been no signs.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

Old 12-20-2010, 08:42 AM

Dh says we are having two this pregnancy. We have fraternal twins, our oldest two. No U/S's though, I always have a sense by 20ish weeks how many and sex of baby.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post

Dh says we are having two this pregnancy. We have fraternal twins, our oldest two. No U/S's though, I always have a sense by 20ish weeks how many and sex of baby.

I'm totally jealous of you and your beautiful large family!! Any secrets to share on how you do it?

Old 12-20-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post

Quote:

I'm totally jealous of you and your beautiful large family!! Any secrets to share on how you do it?

Don't be jealous! It is wonderful, joyous, beautiful, but also hard, tiring, money stretching, a sacrifice. God has given us, dh and I and my dear, sweet children the grace to muddle through each day. I can tell you how I do things if you ask me a specific question, LOL, otherwise the question is too broad :) Ask away, it isn't as amazing as it sounds.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Don't be jealous! It is wonderful, joyous, beautiful, but also hard, tiring, money stretching, a sacrifice. God has given us, dh and I and my dear, sweet children the grace to muddle through each day. I can tell you how I do things if you ask me a specific question, LOL, otherwise the question is too broad :) Ask away, it isn't as amazing as it sounds.

Specifically the money aspect...I'm desperate to stay at home with my kids again, but we just can't afford for me to quit until DH has the "better paying job." I still would love more children, but only if i could guarentee I could be home with them ya know? Even if only part-time.

My mom was one of 13 kids...While I'm not up for meeting or exceeding that family record (lol.gif) I wouldn't mind 1-2 more after this one. I love the big family aspect even if it means things are tight.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Specifically the money aspect...I'm desperate to stay at home with my kids again, but we just can't afford for me to quit until DH has the "better paying job." I still would love more children, but only if i could guarentee I could be home with them ya know? Even if only part-time.

My mom was one of 13 kids...While I'm not up for meeting or exceeding that family record (lol.gif) I wouldn't mind 1-2 more after this one. I love the big family aspect even if it means things are tight.

Well we have a modest income. My dh is a supervisor for the PO. At times we made much, much less. I have always stayed home. We are frugal, do w/o things some other people consider needs, don't buy the newest, coupon, school at home, buy majority used, etc. It is a lifestyle of choices. Staying home I definitely save what others would spend, no gas, no daycare, take out, etc. I don't have a cell phone, my dh has a pay as you go. We heat our house the majority w/ scrounged up wood. Don't buy much that isn't a clear need, if we don't have the cash for it, we don't buy it. 

User Tag List