Mothering Forum banner

Is anything going on in there? (slight vent)

669 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  erigeron 
#1 ·
I'm just under 15 wks right now. I haven't had any scans or the Doppler yet. I've gotten a little plumper but I'm not "showing" like some members of this DDC, and put on some sizes in the boob area, but that's about it for physical changes, and I haven't felt the baby kick yet.

Right now I feel like I've been pregnant for eons (which I think is exacerbated by having told everyone really early, it's been 2 months since we started to break the news), I've felt lousy much of this time, and it doesn't even feel like anything is going on in there.

I know logically I am freaking out over nothing, but that doesn't really help me to know.

Am I the only one in this boat? Everybody else seems further on than I am.

#2 ·
I have had a scan (that's how I found out I was pregnant..oops! LOL). Not showing yet either. I think I have felt the baby kick...but non regularly enough to be sure. My guess is that shortly we'll start popping out and feeling those beans kicking around!

#3 ·
Showing isn't really that reassuring, trust me. ;)

I felt a few movements early on but practically nothing regular (or anything I could really undoubtably say, "That's definitely the baby" as when I felt 'something' it was usually just one little twitch once every 2-3 days) until literally this week. I'm 19 weeks tomorrow! I have an anterior placenta, and that can totally screw up your ability to feel movement early on. :) It's kind of like a big pillow blocking it.

Also, while some women feel movement early, the average isn't until around 17 weeks!!

#4 ·
I'm right along with you, due date wise. Not feeling any movement. Totally not showing, although I still have some nausea and exhaustion which feels like it has been a constant in my life for months and months now! I wouldn't guess I was pregnant if I didn't already know, though. In fact, I did have an ultrasound at 13 weeks and I fully expected there to be no baby on it--I thought that maybe it was all a big mistake or maybe I had another miscarriage and just hadn't started bleeding yet. This is a pregnancy after loss for me, but I haven't felt almost any anxiety about that in weeks and weeks, but apparently it was still there in the back of my mind.

#5 ·
i`ll be 15 weeks tomorrow and I am not showing (too much belly fat, heh heh heh :) I also haven`t definitely felt any movement - some things I *though* might be baby, but nothing for sure. When I lay on my back, I can feel the baby and where my fundus is (near my navel right now but this is #4 so YMMV).

#6 ·
I will be 15 weeks along tomorrow with Baby #1, and I'm in the same boat. I expect that I won't feel movement or start showing until closer to 20 weeks, judging from my slow progress. Instead of having a cute tummy like the other girls in this DDC, I just look bloated :)

#7 ·
Ditto, ditto and ditto. As I tell my friends and family, it looks like I've eaten too many cookies over the holidays
wink1.gif
...I'll be 18 weeks on Wed and definitely do not look pregnant. I went to the movies yesterday and stared enviously at the many obviously pregnant ladies walking by. From reading other posts, I guess this is pretty typical for a first pregnancy since we're not stretched out yet...joy...still annoying though. I want to look pregnant already!!! ...and no, no scan yet, but we did hear a strong heartbeat on a doppler at 14wks...so there must be someone in there right?

#8 ·
Yep, I'm pretty similar to you. I think it's just an odd time during pregnancy. We haven't told many people at all this time around so the time won't go by so slow and it's REALLY worked, I can't believe it's been 15 weeks already. Don't worry, I'm sure we'll all be showing and feeling kicks soon enough :)

#9 ·
It really is an odd time! I'm not showing much either, and haven't had scans or dopplers or anything "scientific" since the initial blood and urine tests, and my FAM chart. I did have another blood test recently to check my iron and glucose, but I don't think they re-tested my HCG or anything, so technically it didn't prove I was still pregnant.

I've felt AWFUL, but I still don't find that convincing! My breasts haven't grown, though they hurt like heck when DD nurses. I found out I was pregnant with DD at 6 or 7 weeks, by accident, so this part of the pregnancy feels much longer than last time. Serves me right for micromanaging things and knowing when I ovulated! :p

Anyway, I've never felt glowy and teary-eyed at feeling the baby kick, but I was starting to get worried. But last night, and again this morning, I felt some pretty definite little kicks. Yay! (I still didn't feel glowy or teary-eyed, but I did think "Whew!") I'm 17 weeks tomorrow. I know that's not "late" by most standards - and I think it was about the same time last time that I felt kicks - but last time I saw a heartbeat early on, so I knew the baby was there. Sometimes I wonder if low-tech is really less stressful after all!

Now I just have to wait for my 20-week anatomy scan so we can definitively rule out twins, and I'll be happy. I'm pretty sure I'd be showing a LOT more by now if it were twins, but that's one possible explanation for my awful fatigue and dizziness, so I won't feel quite comfortable until we see one baby on the screen!

#10 ·
I definitely don't have that problem this time around, but I normally do! This is my 5th, and I'm wondering if there are twins on board because of everything I am experiencing.

I would say to definitely not let it bother you or stress you too bad. When I was in your shoes, I even had other mothers comment to me in my 3rd trimester at the very end that I

still didn't even look pregnant (but I know I did!). They would sort of make fun of me in a 'nice' way, if that makes sense. I chalked it up to jealousy and eventually I decided that I would

rather 'not look pregnant' than be too big and miserable. Count your blessings there! =-)

As for not really feeling anything going on, I know what you mean. It seems to take forever before you really start to feel pregnant in a good way. First, you just get to have all the yucky

symptoms. Take comfort in knowing that just around the corner, you will start feeling little one moving here and there, and then later, all the time. By the end of the pregnancy, you just might

be complaining that you have too much going on! That is normal, too! =-)

#11 ·
Today we met with the home birth midwives we are thinking about using, and it went really well. I'm going to be out of the country for the next 5 wks and I thought that hubby and I would both feel better if we had a bit better of an idea what was going on in there, so I ended up opting for a quick pass with the Doppler just to make sure there was a heartbeat. The midwife had a hard time finding my fundus (she says I have abs of steel, which is funny because I don't really exercise) and I guess that explains why I've had such difficulty finding it too. But she said I was measuring about 13-14 weeks or so, and we did get a heartbeat! I think it was definitely worth it, because I feel a lot better and more relaxed about this pregnancy now. As for my husband, the whole experience kicked him into "OMG, I'm going to be a dad" mode, where he wasn't before, so it was kind of a formative experience for both of us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.