Christmas week chat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-28-2010, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone

I have been absent due to Christmas craziness! But now that its done, I am back. Hope you all had a good holiday season. My kids were spoiled crazy.

Pregnancy wise, feeling so much better since starting to take vitD. I will be 15 weeks tomorrow.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2010, 12:13 PM

We are still celebrating Christmas! We celebrate the 12 days of Christmas, lots of cookies and fun. I am looking forward to New Year's Eve, dh and I met 20 years ago this coming New Year's Eve. We will plan time to ourselves and go out New Year's Day. Also Mass New Year's Day as well. Oh, Anniston is planning on making two different cookies today. I will be 16 weeks on Thursday, I still have bouts of ickiness in the evening's. And very exciting news, the farm we lost in November was never closed on, we put another offer in yesterday! Praying!

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:28 PM

My SO and I met on NYE as well. Good luck with the farm!

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

Old 12-28-2010, 06:05 PM

@annabelle, i hope you get the farm!

@vanessa, i've been hearing more about vitamin d lately. how much are you taking? my prenatal has 800iu. a nurse i was talking to says 2,000 is recommended...

afm, tomorrow is my 43rd birthday! :D sometimes i think, man, that is old for having a big pregnant belly! but lately, many people who find out i have twin teenagers are shocked that i could be mother to such old kids. hehe. i'll take that as a compliment!

xo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 12-29-2010, 01:53 AM

Annabelle - Crossing my fingers and my toes for you!!!!!

BHappy - Happy Birthday Mama!!! (you certainly don't look 43!)

My beloved and I will be celebrating our two years together as our first date was on NYE :)

I am so glad I'm not the only one who's belly is growing, I just keep thinking that I'm so big for only being 15w yesterday!  Christmas was wonderful, good times spent with loved ones.

It's been snowy here in the midwest so I'm looking forward to a few days off with my feet up by the fire and my hands busy with my needles and yarn! 

Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful New Year!!!

Beloved of Chris since 12/31/08. Missing our sweet Persephone Grace 5/24/11 - 5/26/11 angel3.gif So much love baby girl, so much love.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittin Mama View Post

I am so glad I'm not the only one who's belly is growing, I just keep thinking that I'm so big for only being 15w yesterday! 

I feel the same way!  I keep hearing women say they didn't show til they were 4 or 5 months along, and then I look at my bump and think, why am I so big?!  DH likes it though, he says it helps him feel like it's "real" now that there's a visible sign that there's a baby in there.  smile.gif

I flew home yesterday after visiting family for a long weekend, and after 10 hours on various planes my feet and ankles were all swollen and puffy.  I know it sounds silly, but looking at my newly-giant ankles almost brought me to tears.  Pregnancy does such beautiful things to our bodies.  winky.gif  But the visit was good.  We finally told our families about the baby, and everyone cried and was really excited (except my dad, whose only comment was, "Was it planned?".  Smooth, dad)

I hope everyone had a great holiday, and happy anniversary Mama, Kawa and Knittin! 

Old 12-29-2010, 07:32 AM

Mama - How exciting!  That is so great that you may get the farm.  Where is it again?  I know it was a good distance away from NM.  BTW I am so envious!  we would love to own some land but until we pay off the new car 8/2012 we need to stay where we are.  That is a dream of ours to be able to be more self sufficient with land for a garden, chickens, and maybe some nubian goats.  I am hoping that the housing market doesn't take off (too much) so we would be able to afford something.  Anyway I will be keeping things crossed for you!

B-happy - Happy Birthday!  Hope it is a wonderful day for you!

Nikie - I am also showing orngbiggrin.gif which is funny because I didn't show until about 26 weeks with DS.

AFM - things a going well.  I am feeling better, still taking zofran every other day.  The baby is moving a lot love.gif it is feeling more real every day! 

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

Old 12-29-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Posttomorrow is my 43rd birthday! :D sometimes i think, man, that is old for having a big pregnant belly! but lately, many people who find out i have twin teenagers are shocked that i could be mother to such old kids. hehe. i'll take that as a compliment!

partytime.gif Happy birthday! partytime.gif You are definitely a foxy forty something! 

My oldest child will be sixteen tomorrow. Oh my gosh! It's weird to think that I've been a mama for so long and have so long to go before they're all grown. My SIL is a couple years older than I am - her oldest in nineteen and her youngest just turned one and sometime very soon she's going to be a grandma!

Glad you had a good visit Nikie! I have quite a belly as well. It's still cute and manageable and not yet the looming, 3rd trimester monstrosity that doesn't fit into the most giant maternity clothes and knocks over small children. 

I'm having a quiet week which is good because next week we're back to the regular crazy. I am excited for my hopefully last US on the 6th and confirmation that I am indeed pregnant with a boy. Oh! My SO asked to know since I knew and we told his family over Christmas and they were overjoyed because it's his first son. It was great. 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

Old 12-29-2010, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

BHappy- I am taking 800 I.U. in my prenatal as well as 1000 I.U. morning and evening. My doc said you can take up to 4000 IU while pregnant. We live very far north ( 4 hours from Alaska) so we have very short days right now and very little sunshine. The vitD has made the crazy bad fatigue completely go away and now I just have normal pregnancy tiredness.

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
Old 12-29-2010, 11:55 AM

BHappy-Happy B-day!  I too am a AMA Mama.  40 here with my oldest being 21! Not sure if yours was a surprise, but ours DEFINITELY was, but we have adjusted well.

Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning today.  I will most likely crash hard tonight.

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

Old 12-29-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by painefaria View Post

Mama - How exciting!  That is so great that you may get the farm.  Where is it again?  I know it was a good distance away from NM.  BTW I am so envious!  we would love to own some land but until we pay off the new car 8/2012 we need to stay where we are.  That is a dream of ours to be able to be more self sufficient with land for a garden, chickens, and maybe some nubian goats.  I am hoping that the housing market doesn't take off (too much) so we would be able to afford something.  Anyway I will be keeping things crossed for you!

Thanks everyone! The farm is in Wautoma, WI, long way from here! We have a farm here, but not sustainable w/ little rain and hay needing to be trucked from CO. The cost is killing us. 

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

Old 12-29-2010, 02:47 PM

grouphug.gif

thanks for the sweet birthday wishes, mamas!!!

it's a good day so far. and going to get better... going shopping for a new bra that fits and new undies -- woohoo! then a cozy meal out at our favorite homestyle japanese place. a special day! love.gif and babe is joining in the celebration by kicking me regularly which i love.

@vanessa, i have been really lax about taking my prenatals, and i wonder if my fatigue could be related to vit d. i'm going to try and take my vites every day and see if even a little dose helps. otherwise, i might try supplementing. i actually have been sleeping 10+ hours every night, and still napping, too. i seem to be a bit on the extra-tired side. maybe its just harder for this old body to be pregnant!?

xo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 12-29-2010, 03:13 PM

Oh vit D, I don't take prenatals, but do take vit D every day, 5000mg actually. I feel pretty great energy wise and emotionally, much better in winter since starting last winter.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:52 PM

Great day here for me!  I got a baby monitor and a Kelty baby backpack for hiking in excellent conditon for FREE on freecycle!  I can add that to the free Medela electric breast pump I got from freecycle a month ago too.  Baby must have had a growth spurt because within the last few days the kicking and flipping have become a lot more noticeable.  I use to feel babe do it about three times a day and now it has been about every couple of hours biggrinbounce.gif

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

User Tag List