Felicity

Auriela

Boys-

Micah

#32 of 50 Old 01-03-2011, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a list of names and their meanings all together and went over it several times when we first found out we were pregnant. I know that there will be no baby naming going on any time soon since I am only 17 weeks and DH likes to think about it (read: put it off) as long as possible. If it were just me, I would have the names nailed down already but can not do this without his input as it's important to me. 

Loving wife to my hubby and mama to our 5 kiddos! homeschool.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifhomebirth.jpg

#33 of 50 Old 01-03-2011, 07:01 AM

Jenni - an organized spreadsheet and nickname info? You are my new favorite person! jumpers.gif

Loving wife to my hubby and mama to our 5 kiddos! homeschool.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifhomebirth.jpg

#34 of 50 Old 01-04-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa kamuri View Post

We probably won't go full force on names 'til my next ultrasound (on the 6th @ nearly 18w) when I'm hoping the baby didn't lose his penis.

They can fall off!!!  Lovely...one more thing I have to worry about.  nut.gif

We have a boy and girl first name chosen but not really finalized.  We have only casually discussed middle names when one pops into my head.

DH wants to use his deceased maternal grandfather's initials - JC.  So I am finding that all the girl and boy names that begin with J are very common.  And since they are so common we usually know several of them now, have known them in the past, dated them in the past (both of us dated someone with a J name), hated them in the past, etc.  So our options are pretty limited...which might actually be a good thing since we are both so indecisive.  Sometimes less choices is better.

There was a large discussion at Christmas dinner though.  His mom didn't like his grandfather (yes, her own father) and doesn't want us to use his initials.  So she kept suggesting other family names.  I'm not one to choose a family name just because it was a family name...I have to like the name too...and I didn't like any of her suggestions.  Not too mention she was suggesting names of people so old that DH didn't even know who they were...it may be different if it was a family name of someone he had actually met and was special to him.  So, goes without saying, it was a little tense by the end of the conversation.  Luckily, his aunt made the comment "it doesn't matter if it is a family name or not, as long as you guys like it". 

Me 32, DH 33,  angel.gif (3/17/10),  DD 6/6/11
#35 of 50 Old 01-05-2011, 05:33 AM

Last summer, DP and I started talking about what names we would like if we had a baby.  We weren't even planning anything at that point.  The girl name we came up with is June Marie.  Marie is my grandmother's name, who I love dearly, and, well, we just liked June.  My son has a one syllable name, and I wanted to try to keep the one syllable thing going.  When we found out I was pregnant and due in June, we decided that name was meant to be if we had a girl.

If it's a boy, we both like the name Quinn.  Haven't come up with a middle name for a boy yet. 

We'll be finding out the sex in 4 weeks!!  Can't wait!  Baby names are so fun. 

Mama to my 4-year-old lil' man and with a new little one on the way.
#36 of 50 Old 01-05-2011, 06:20 AM

We've had the names picked out since a discussion shortly after the positive pregnancy test, haha.  This is my third child, but my partner's first.  So he had names already ready to go.  I thought it was perfectly fair to default to his choices (after ensuring I was allowed to veto any terrible names).  I'm picking the middle names.  He chose Emma for a girl, and Corbin for a boy.  If it's a girl, it'll be Emma Olivia.  A boy...well I haven't chosen a middle name yet.  I just can't think of one!  We ARE finding out the gender as long as the baby cooperates.  I let it be a surprise with my first two, and am excited to be able to find out this time.  So if it's a boy, I guess I'll have to start brainstorming a middle name to go with Corbin!

Everyone seems to think it's a girl, though. ;)

#37 of 50 Old 01-05-2011, 12:42 PM

Oooooh, I love Isis! Isla too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaRa7 View Post

I am SOLD on Isla but my husband is stuck on Isis (which was going to be ds2 name if he was a girl). Soooooo there will be a fight somewhere down the road winky.gif

Wouldn't mind Isis for a middle name though.

As for boys name--i am NOT even entertaining the thought that this baby is a boy! It IS a girl lol, and I refuse to believe otherwise

Claire, book reading, tree loving, coffee drinking wife to K, and happy SAHM to ds G Feb '09 home birth, dd C ~ free birthed June '11, and now a new lil surprise due October 2012 joy.gif

#38 of 50 Old 01-06-2011, 02:10 AM

I am partial to Isis because that is my daughter's cats name and she is very sweet! lol.gif

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#39 of 50 Old 01-06-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhamom View Post

I am partial to Isis because that is my daughter's cats name and she is very sweet! lol.gif

I love Isis too. We have an Innish and I have another "is" name if we have a girl, but not set on it yet.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#40 of 50 Old 01-06-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlemama0507 View Post

Last summer, DP and I started talking about what names we would like if we had a baby.  We weren't even planning anything at that point.  The girl name we came up with is June Marie.  Marie is my grandmother's name, who I love dearly, and, well, we just liked June.  My son has a one syllable name, and I wanted to try to keep the one syllable thing going.  When we found out I was pregnant and due in June, we decided that name was meant to be if we had a girl.

If it's a boy, we both like the name Quinn.  Haven't come up with a middle name for a boy yet. 

I've thought about June for a girl, which would be cute since she's due in June. :)  Quinn is on my list for a boy or a girl. I really like it and it fits my criteria of not too popular and it's really hard to make a nickname out of it.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#41 of 50 Old 01-06-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshannyn519 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlemama0507 View Post

I've thought about June for a girl, which would be cute since she's due in June. :)  Quinn is on my list for a boy or a girl. I really like it and it fits my criteria of not too popular and it's really hard to make a nickname out of it.

Awesome.  There is something really sweet about June, to me.  Quinn would be good for a girl or boy, too.  thumb.gif

Mama to my 4-year-old lil' man and with a new little one on the way.
#42 of 50 Old 01-07-2011, 06:01 AM

I love Quinn too! Super, super cute.

Claire, book reading, tree loving, coffee drinking wife to K, and happy SAHM to ds G Feb '09 home birth, dd C ~ free birthed June '11, and now a new lil surprise due October 2012 joy.gif

#43 of 50 Old 01-07-2011, 01:02 PM

I suggested Quinn to my DH, his response was "I don't hate it."  But I don't like one syllable names, so I'm thinking about Quentin, with Quinn (Quen?) as a nickname.  Quentin = badass, right?  :)

Okay, can I take a poll?  Our boy fore-runners are:

Quentin

Kamen (pronounced Kay-men, and the fact that I felt it necessary to give the pronunciation probably means it's not a good idea)

Bennett

Kaspian

Corbin

Any opinions? 

#44 of 50 Old 01-07-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikie23 View Post

Cleo is adorable.  And it sounds like a name that would be sweet on a little girl, but not too childish on a grown woman.

I suggested Quinn to my DH, his response was "I don't hate it."  But I don't like one syllable names, so I'm thinking about Quentin, with Quinn (Quen?) as a nickname.  Quentin = badass, right?  :)

Quentin

Kamen (pronounced Kay-men, and the fact that I felt it necessary to give the pronunciation probably means it's not a good idea)

Bennett

Kaspian

Corbin

Any opinions? 

My little nephew is a Kamen! He's 2 1/2 and totally adorable! I don't think my sister or BIL have ever had to explain how his name is pronounced when people see it spelled. They do spell it for people who hear the name. Our Kamen's middle name is Jack, so I call him Kamen Jack the Pirate. :)

I like Quentin too. Bennett is cute, and it's the last name of my sister's sister-in-law. lol  Kaspian I'm not all that fond of, although I'm not sure why. Maybe because it makes me think of Prince Caspian from Narnia? Corbin is a good one too, and John Corbin (the actor) is smoking hot.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#45 of 50 Old 01-07-2011, 02:32 PM

Hi all.  I removed some posts for privacy issues.  Sorry for the inconvenience.  

Stay-at-home mom to 2 beautiful.busy.boisterous boys b. 08.17.05 & 12.29.08
Nirvana is . . . the living happiness of a soul which is conscious of itself and conscious of having found its own abode in the heart of the Eternal. --Gandhi
#46 of 50 Old 01-07-2011, 04:00 PM

I do think it's neat that the other person on the board with the same name as me has an identical preference in names!  My choice is Corbin, obviously, haha.  Kaspian is pretty cool, too.

Quote:

Quentin

Bennett

Kaspian

Corbin

Any opinions? 

#47 of 50 Old 01-07-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:

Quentin = badass, right?  :)

Yes! This is my fave of your picks. 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#48 of 50 Old 01-07-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nikki~ View Post

I do think it's neat that the other person on the board with the same name as me has an identical preference in names!  My choice is Corbin, obviously, haha.  Kaspian is pretty cool, too.

Woohoo!  Go Nikie's!  Or Nikki's!  :)  I really like Corbin, it seems kinda tough but not overly macho.  Well, clearly I like it if it's in my "top choices list", but you know what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa kamuri View Post

Quote:

Quentin = badass, right?  :)

Yes! This is my fave of your picks. 

Yay!  Does it make it too cheesy, knowing that on our first date, DH and I watched a Quentin Tarantino movie?  I just remembered that, I swear that's not where the name came from.

#49 of 50 Old 01-07-2011, 05:01 PM

I love Quentin. We have a friend named Quentin, he has the happiest eyes and always makes us laugh.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#50 of 50 Old 01-07-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:

Yay!  Does it make it too cheesy, knowing that on our first date, DH and I watched a Quentin Tarantino movie?  I just remembered that, I swear that's not where the name came from.

That makes it better! 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page