Strongly Considering a UC in June '11 Tribe...support only please! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 240 Old 02-14-2011, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

absolutely! this is baby number four for me and will be a hospital birth (Im really comfortable in hospitals but totally respect the UC choice) and know what? Im still workin through stuff

like...Im really trying to decide if I will ever efface and dialate on my own w/o an epidural or is this just what works for me

this baby will also be born at a hospital that I actually really hate on the emergency services side of things but seems to be my best choice for here...so thats not helping

I don't know if this will be reassuring or not...its meant to be reassuring so I appologize if its not ...most emergency services are very excited to deliver a baby if it ever came down to it! my partner (work partner)and I (she has 5 kids) used to always say at the beginning of our shift that this would be the day we'd earn our stork pins..and another company I worked for had storks with blue or pink bundles depending on gender whenever a baby was born in an ambulance painted on the side of the ambulance

used to always make me smile when I'd be assigned one that had a stork or storks

my own PCP who has two babies herself suggested a home birth for us as did her nurse practitioner (has one babe herself) on a different occasion..not UC but you get my drift..

the point I'm making is...you'd be surprised as to who can be supportive

I think a lot of people ask questions and play the "what if" game because theyre curious and don't realize what kind of anxiety they give moms about it

frankly I don't do it because of my before mentioned anxiety...my first birth was really terrible for me and I never really got over it

plus Im too lazy to deal with any paperwork thats not all laid out for me

it will go fine! you'll both be fine!!!

#122 of 240 Old 02-14-2011, 01:23 PM

double post edit!!

#123 of 240 Old 02-14-2011, 02:12 PM

I don't tell a lot of people about my decision to UC and I really don't feel the need to. I've told a select group of friends, a few of whom have had UC babies of their own, and they're a great support system for me. Part of the reason that I don't want to tell a lot of people is because I just don't want to deal with their doubts and fears. It won't do me any good to hear that, so I'm just not opening myself up to it.

I was having a lot of anxiety about the birth when I was planning a hospital birth with Baby Daddy there (prior to our breakup). I felt like I would need to prepare myself to fight for the birth that I need for this whole pregnancy and frankly that is just exhausting to me! It's exhausting to have to fight for what you want in your birth when you should be able to focus on giving birth. It's exhausting to feel like you are headed for a giant showdown at the end of your pregnancy. It's exhausting and sad to think about this time that should be so special being spent telling people that you don't know to leave you and your baby alone.

I do still have some concern about a UC birth, but it's not nearly the same level of anxiety that I was feeling before. Now it's more like healthy concern that prompts me to be prepared instead of the panic that I was feeling at having to fight. And now that I know Baby Daddy won't be at the birth I feel even more free and happy and excited about the birth. He said he wants to be there, but I know for a fact that my labor won't work if he's there. So he won't be. I am trying to create a space around myself during this pregnancy that only includes supportive, loving people and not people who are dealing with their own fears and doubts and ignorance about birth. It's been lovely.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#124 of 240 Old 02-14-2011, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much Jenni, this part is what I'm going to especially focus on:

Quote:
  I am trying to create a space around myself during this pregnancy that only includes supportive, loving people and not people who are dealing with their own fears and doubts and ignorance about birth. It's been lovely.

Thanks for your support as well SGVaughn.

I'm in a much better place this evening :)

Christ-centered loving wife & mama to 2 miracles! One & one . We live simply and mindfully. Expecting another blessing Feb 2015
#125 of 240 Old 02-14-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumble Bumbles View Post

Sigh. I'm kind of down today. It seems like a huge uphill battle, this UC gig. It's how I've seen me birthing since I discovered I was pregnant and believe me, I didn't expect 100% support -- which is why we've told very few people, but I guess it's just sort wearing on me today, the lack of support. Like I have to hide a huge awesome part of this process with everyone, because you know everyone asks "what hospital" you're delivering at and when you say, oh another home birth, it can't just stop there, they have to ask "are you using the same midwife?" or "who's your midwife?" or, "do you like your midwife?" or, "is that legal?" (if they don't know you) or whatever. It's just, ugh. Then I have to side-step things because no way in he!! am I telling random people about uc'ing. They can't handle it lol.gif At least the few people I've revealed it to in the local natural birthing community/mama's group have heard of it even if they wouldn't choose it. I know I shouldn't have to have anyone's support in order for me to be happy and excited about it, and thank God I have my husband supporting me 100%. My best friend, mom, and sister support me too albeit in a 'it's your body and if you're going to choose this, we'll support you' type way and not in a "UC, awesome!Your body was made for this!" type way lol

One of my fears now is that all this pressure is on me and if anything were to go wrong (even mildly), all the blame and "I told you sos" and whispers about how I decided to do it "alone" and look what happened will all be heaped on me (in addition to the feelings I'll already have if anything did go wrong). That's what people want to do when something they wouldn't choose goes wrong. Chastise you for choosing it and tell you it could have been avoided (even if it couldn't in reality) if you had only done it their way.

Oh well, onward and upward. I have to just create a bubble around myself and not let any of that get to me. Thanks for listening, so glad there are others on this journey along with me grouphug.gif

Well, have a few more UC's and then what can they say, LOL. I generally say I have the baby at home, rarely do people ask about a midwife. If they do ask about a midwife and depending on how I feel or what vibe I get from the person I either say w/ a midwife or I often say just dh and I. I have had quite positive interaction, like how neat or awesome or whatever. I have only had two people in 8 HB/UC's freak out. I do tend to be slightly more selective of whom I tell when expecting and especially as I get close to my due date.

What I get lonely about is why my dh is being fabulous dh this pregnancy that hasn't always been the case. I sometimes miss discussing just "my" pregnancy, aches, etc w/ a real person, committed to just me for a visit or appt. Otherwise I'm good.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#126 of 240 Old 02-14-2011, 04:19 PM

My list:

This is Finnian's list

1. Turn up water heater

2. Attach hose to shower

3. Fill pool

4. Put half sea salt container in pool

5. Boil scissors 5 minutes

6. Place scissors in jar of alcohol

7. Put on purple striped fitted sheet

8. Put shower liner on top

9. Put blue sheet on top

10. Put chux on bed, big blue one

11. Put on purple strip top sheet

12. Make sure there are towels in room

13. Do hibclense wash if waters are broken

14. Remind me to take vit Cif water has broken every hour

15. Take 5 calcium lactate every hour

16. Set up video camera

17. Take out bag of breastmilk, oldest from December, put in fridge to defrost

On the back I have copied and taped from Heart and Hands the box that states Golden Tips for Expectant Parents and Principles of Infant Resuscitation

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#127 of 240 Old 02-14-2011, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your list Annabelle! There are totally things I forgot to put on mine!

I love this:

Quote:

Well, have a few more UC's and then what can they say, LOL.

That gave me a chuckle, thanks! I would love to be able to reply to a naysayer with "well our last SEVEN UC's went just fine so..." just to see the reaction lol.gif

Christ-centered loving wife & mama to 2 miracles! One & one . We live simply and mindfully. Expecting another blessing Feb 2015
#128 of 240 Old 02-14-2011, 05:39 PM

I have also noticed that since we had our last baby at home, nobody is really asking anything or questioning our birthing situation. Last time around, though, I was met with a lot of the usual questions of worry and concern, mostly from my doctor/medical relatives. I never had any real arguments with anyone, though, because I always just said something like "homebirth is safe. Do some research and let me know if you have any questions" and then promptly change the subject.

Nobody has even asked me if we have a midwife. I think that my answer would depend on who was doing the asking. For most, I would probably say something like, "we will be doing the labor on our own and have a midwife on call if we need her" (which, actually, we kind of do - she is a friend of the family and an old-school DEM and is willing to drop by if we freak out for any reason). I'm not big on outright lying, but a few omissions here and there are no big deal, IMO. Only a few close friends know of our plans to UC and it will likely stay that way.

Annabelle, is the calcium lactate to help with the pain of the muscle contractions during labor? I have heard a little about this, but not much. Do you find it helps?

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#129 of 240 Old 02-14-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post

Annabelle, is the calcium lactate to help with the pain of the muscle contractions during labor? I have heard a little about this, but not much. Do you find it helps?

Yes it is and I definitely think it helps, a lot. I also take calcium the last several months to not be deficient, for leg/foot cramps. 

#130 of 240 Old 02-14-2011, 06:12 PM

would magnesium be beneficial for labor if that was your usual go to for leg cramps? I know it relaxes me a lot

#131 of 240 Old 02-14-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGVaughn View Post

would magnesium be beneficial for labor if that was your usual go to for leg cramps? I know it relaxes me a lot

Hmmm, well I take cal/mag in pregnancy for the leg cramps, but do take just calcium lactate in labor, reading about that form. But I am kind of set in my ways and if I try it and it seems to work I won't switch. But time for research, LOL, b/c I don't know honestly.

#132 of 240 Old 02-14-2011, 06:31 PM

ya..Im havin a hard time findin good info for calcium lactate during labor...can you point me in a good direction?

I was thinking of doing the magnesium thing during labor before you mentioned this with calcium...and now Im intriqued

my biggest stumbling block mentally is how to feel relaxed during labor...I think I lock up and get stuck at about 5 cm w/o an epidural..

this is my last go so I'd really like to see if I can get past this

#133 of 240 Old 02-14-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGVaughn View Post

ya..Im havin a hard time findin good info for calcium lactate during labor...can you point me in a good direction?

I was thinking of doing the magnesium thing during labor before you mentioned this with calcium...and now Im intriqued

my biggest stumbling block mentally is how to feel relaxed during labor...I think I lock up and get stuck at about 5 cm w/o an epidural..

this is my last go so I'd really like to see if I can get past this

A few from quick search.

http://www.herbs2000.com/disorders/labor_pains.htm

http://4our-health.com/healthy-pregnant/health-2040.html

Something about mag

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php?topic=7493.30

#134 of 240 Old 02-14-2011, 07:30 PM

I take mag and calcium (in separate supplements) every night or else I can't sleep from RLS. It's terrible! But the mag especially helps with the RLS. Calms Forte helps a lot too.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#135 of 240 Old 02-14-2011, 08:37 PM

good links...two mentioned susan weeds book so I went and grabbed my copy...my only hesitancy is some anecdotes of labor stalling or slowing down

but then the wise woman herbal suggests cal for stalled labor...so ..idk

I'll give it shot

and yeah, I use straight mag for leg cramps and to sleep well...it keeps me from grinding my teeth in my sleep too

#136 of 240 Old 02-15-2011, 05:12 AM

Mag has been the only thing that has helped with my, ahem, bathroom issues, so I am going to keep taking that for a while. Maybe I will switch to the calcium a month or so before my due date and see what happens. My last labor wasn't that bad, but every one is different and I could use all the help I can get!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#137 of 240 Old 02-15-2011, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

I'm going to investigating mag -- we take magnesium baths all the time for the benefits of that. I've been upping my calcium too, so maybe I'll just increase as the pregnancy progresses.

So, I picked up my medical records from the midwife today... and can I just say hopmad.gif . They totally falsified my records, among a couple of other things (false fundal height when they never even measured) they said they "informed me of the dangers of unassisted birth and strongly recommended against it" and all this nonsense. No one made word one mention of UC except to say they support a woman's right to birth how and where she wished.

Now, I get it. I get liability concerns and blah blah. I'm not naive. If someone would have said "As a medical professional I'm recommending against UC" or whatever,  I would have known the score, but to just outright lie on medical records so I look like a crazy nutcase and you look like the concerned party begging me not to endanger my life or my child's...annoying. All the while hugging me and wishing me well and saying you support a woman's right blah blah. Incredible.

Oh well, can't say God doesn't make the decision 100% crystal clear with no regrets, and for that I'm very grateful. So glad to be done with all that.

#138 of 240 Old 02-15-2011, 10:47 AM

oh man...sorry about that...I had a similar experience when I picked up my records from my old OB

and I was pretty quick to point out the discrepancies to the new practice after having read them...my favorite part is I was told when I picked them up that I wouldn't be able to understand them (so why bother?) because they were in medical shorthand.....

ummmmmmmmmm, hello,  medic...I can read them fine

something that perturbed me a ton about my records is I kept bringing up the edema I was having, my bp and my general itchiness..no one there ever even bothered to look into it but there were plenty of notes

ditto for the stage 3 pitting edema I had after delivery that they told me to use lemon water to resolve

both things my PCP freaked about when I talked to her about

OH and they had me listed as a pack a day smoker on the birth records...only I had quit 3 months before even getting pregnant...jerks

at least you know they were two faced now! and imagine if something not so good had happened with them what you would have been up against!

#139 of 240 Old 02-15-2011, 10:59 AM

I have my first MW appt this afternoon since I decided for sure that I'm going to UC. It's been rescheduled twice because of all the snow that we had over the last couple of weeks. I'm wondering how this is going to go with me knowing that the MWs won't be the people catching my baby, I will. I know how to do every single thing they're going to do to me, so I guess I'll just grin and bear it. lol

I am interested to see what they have to say about the sono that I had done last month. Everything was fine, I just want to see their interpretation of it all.

Jenni

#140 of 240 Old 02-15-2011, 12:15 PM

Tumble Bumbles, that is so rotten. I am so sorry you had to go through that. I can never understand why people who are supposedly supportive of natural birth would go so far as to make comments about your plans to UC in your records. As a nurse, I think I would have written something like, "Patient states exploring other birth options. Records requested and and given on (date)." And as far as the false information regarding fundal height, I would take a black pen and draw a thin line through it (leaving it legible), write 'error' next to it with your initials - just so you and whoever else sees your record is always aware of the inaccuracy.

Well, fortunately, I had the exact opposite experience with my midwife today. She was kind and gracious, let me know that if at any time I change my mind or have any general questions I can give her a call. She is going to send me some videos about nuchal cords and neonatal emergency procedures. She said that while she cannot support UC as a general practice, she believes that there are exceptions to every rule and that she feels I am one of those exceptions. We spent a long time talking about all the reasons I feel compelled to to do this on my own and I feel such a sense of peace after having spoken with her. We have paid her $1,000 so far and she is going to refund us 1/2 and send me the official ultrasound report once she has it. So nice to have a big sigh of relief!!!

Jenni, you have probably already said this somewhere so sorry for asking - are you going to continue your prenatal care with the midwives and then 'oops' or do you plan on discontinuing care at some point? Just curious! orngbiggrin.gif

#141 of 240 Old 02-15-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post

Jenni, you have probably already said this somewhere so sorry for asking - are you going to continue your prenatal care with the midwives and then 'oops' or do you plan on discontinuing care at some point? Just curious! orngbiggrin.gif

I'm planning on continuing my prenatal care with the midwives and then oopsing at home. I'll follow up in office with them a week or two after baby is born, and then get baby in to see our awesome pediatrician a week or two after birth as well. A big reason I'm doing shadow care with the MWs is in the event that I need further testing on something, they can get it done for me. Were I to need anything and not have a prenatal care provider it would just be a huge hassle and I don't feel like dealing with that. I did decide that I won't be doing the every other week appointments after 28 weeks. I know they'll want me to, but I don't have the desire or the time to go that frequently. I may go more often once I'm out of school for the semester in May, but they'll just have to deal with me not being there on their schedule. I won't be doing the GTT either. I think I may do a 3D sono because I still can't wrap my head around the fact that there is a boy in here and not a girl. I feel like I really need to see his face clearly and his boy parts in order to fully reconcile everything. I'm having kind of a hard time connecting with him for some reason, and that bothers me. :(

Tumble Bumbles, I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with falsified records! It's TOTALLY illegal for them to do that, which I'm sure you know. I can't even believe that they would write stuff in there that never happened. I would edit them too, like Tracy suggested. I swear, we are told in nursing school constantly to only put true information in the record and to be really super careful about the way we word things because it can come back to bite us later if we're not truthful and accurate. I just don't understand why they would think it's okay to lie like that.

Jenni

#142 of 240 Old 02-15-2011, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Tracy, I'm so happy your meeting with the midwife went well! It's so nice to feel like you have someone 'on your side' and not have to deal with any stress in that area. Way to go :)

Thanks for your support mamas. I'm sending them a certified letter tomorrow detailing the inaccuracy and requesting they amend my record. Whether they do or not is up to them (it's somewhat of a she said/she said situation) but at least I can keep a copy in my records of my objection to the inaccurate information and my attempt to get it amended. I probably wouldn't care if it were something insignificant but they said they told me of the "danger" of UC and no way did that convo happen. If I happened to need a transfer or God forbid something bad happened, it would appear as though I was warned of "danger" and chose to do something "dangerous". I can't feel okay with that, especially since it's not true. 

#143 of 240 Old 02-15-2011, 07:15 PM

Well after my MW appt today I am more sure than ever that I'll be UCing at home. Actually, I'll be UBACing at home. :)  And now I'm seriously considering ending my shadow care with the MW group and doing UP as well. I know how to do all the same stuff they're doing. All I ever do in clinicals is take vital signs and I could be dead and get an accurate blood pressure. I can sure pee in a cup at home and dip it. I've got about 4 of those flexible measuring tapes for sewing that I can use to measure my fundal height. And I have my very own doppler to measure baby's HR with. Oh, and I have a scale too. I even have the paperwork to document prenatal care on!

I have a buttload of midwifery, nursing, pharmacology, and breastfeeding textbooks for reference. I also have a ton of just birth and pregnancy and newborn books for reference. Plus all of my nursing school faculty, friends who are doulas, midwives, and CBEs, all of you, and the internet. What else could I possibly need?

The only thing I can't do that the MWs can is lecture myself about how I'm "high risk" and instill fear and distrust of my body in myself.

I should go into business for myself as a DEM, because dang it I'm gooooood! LOL

Jenni

#144 of 240 Old 02-15-2011, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome to the 'dark side' Jenni lol.gif

Seriously though, you sound like you have a ton of experience already and will do super awesome if you choose UP along with your UC... and I can't imagine how stressful or discouraging it is to hear the label of 'high risk'. I think that does a number on people personally and I totally agree with you about how damaging labels and lectures and such can be. I'm still in a funk over my own midwife (well, former) calling UC "dangerous" and claiming it was communicated to me. I mean, I get that's the "party line" and all, but c'mon now... so much for 'trusting women's bodies'.

#145 of 240 Old 02-18-2011, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

How's everyone doing?

I sent a certified letter to my former midwife requesting that they change my patient record to remove the false information they put in it. I'm not confident they will actually change it but I am keeping a copy of the letter/receipt from post office with the copy of my file. In the event of a transfer or something (God forbid) going wrong,  it's really important to me that my objection to having had a conversation where someone told me that unassisted birth was dangerous was noted. Especially since it never happened! They were all smiles and "support". I get that people have to cover their butts but not at my expense, ya' know?

Otherwise, I'm doing fantastic! Feeling great, getting way more confident, doing a lot more reading, praying, feeling very positive about everything!

I still haven't gotten any supplies but I figure hitting the 30 week mark in a couple weeks here will kick me out of procrastination lol.gif

Hope everyone is doing great!

#146 of 240 Old 02-18-2011, 01:28 PM

I just ordered what I think will be most, if not all, of our supplies. I went with Cascade Healthcare products since I liked the selection. I spent about $100 on everything so not too bad! I still need to check my pool and see how that held up but other than that I think we are good to go. Pretty exciting!!

I got my new BP cuff today and for the first time in my life, my blood pressure was actually on the high side. I am having a very stressful day (week, well - really, month) so I am sure that is playing into it. I should go lie down on my left side and relax for a bit and retake it but the kiddos will be up from their nap any minute so I think I will just wait until later tonight. I haven't been able to hear the heartbeat with my fetoscope yet, but I have only tried twice so I guess I should get on that!

#147 of 240 Old 02-18-2011, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Can't beat everything for under $100 Tracy, way to go! I think that's around what we're spending -- the birth pool and connections alone will probably be around $50-60 of that. I'm sort of torn on the birth pool, I realllly don't want the hassle and am trying to convince myself my bathtub will do fine (good enough for Ricki Lake jk lol) but I know how much it helped last time so...

On the bp, yeah stress is a biggie -- my numbers have been awesome but only because I refuse to take them when I'm stressed lol.gif because I can practically feel it rising when I'm having an especially difficult day with dd or something. I find a reasonably hot magnesium bath does wonders for that. Try to get some rest in, difficult for mamas to do,  but you deserve it :)

I've heard hearing hb with fetoscopes can be an art. I'm sure you'll hear it soon!

#148 of 240 Old 02-18-2011, 01:55 PM

I am doing well. I have decided there is just one baby for sure, I think boy. I took the kids to the zoo today. I had energy and it wasn't too hard, but I definately feel more tired doing stuff. I went through all my baby and birth stuff this week. I don't need anything for the birth, except a bottle of alcohol, hydrogen peroxide and probably a new bottle of hibiclens. I don't really need much for baby, boy or girl, but I have some wish list stuff. I started the amazon registry. I had a little cry last night about how no one really acknowledges a pregnancy when you are on your 11th, not my friends, but dh's family for sure. It just feels kind of lonely. Dh and I went away this week for our anniversary and had a wonderful time in Santa Fe. I have some awesome big girls that watched everyone. 

#149 of 240 Old 02-18-2011, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Your trip sounds nice Annabelle! I can't wait until we can get away at some point. It's great to have trustworthy teens you can trust to hold down the fort for you! It's nice to nourish the man/woman side of things rather than just being in mama/papa mode all the time.

Do you do the hibiclens protocol in every pregnancy or just if you feel a need?  My gbs status was unknown last time (declined test) and I didn't do anything. My midwife treated on symptoms/risk factors if I recall.  This time I'm starting in later pregnancy with garlic/vit C etc, but am not sure about hibiclens, I need to read up more about that.

Aww, I think every new life should be acknowledged and celebrated, whether it's your first or 11th! It's such a miracle love.gif

#150 of 240 Old 02-18-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumble Bumbles View Post

Your trip sounds nice Annabelle! I can't wait until we can get away at some point. It's great to have trustworthy teens you can trust to hold down the fort for you! It's nice to nourish the man/woman side of things rather than just being in mama/papa mode all the time.

Do you do the hibiclens protocol in every pregnancy or just if you feel a need?  My gbs status was unknown last time (declined test) and I didn't do anything. My midwife treated on symptoms/risk factors if I recall.  This time I'm starting in later pregnancy with garlic/vit C etc, but am not sure about hibiclens, I need to read up more about that.

Aww, I think every new life should be acknowledged and celebrated, whether it's your first or 11th! It's such a miracle love.gif

I only did hibiclens my last pregnancy. I think my water broke, but I am not sure. I would usually only consider it I think if waters were broken, especially if waters have broken before labor which has happened 5 pregnancies. Although I did test positive, in my urine, UTI, w/ my second. I have since not been tested and just assumed I was GBS+ or could be at the time of birth. I have done herbals and garlic from 34 weeks since my third pregnancy. I had only heard of hibiclens my last pregnancy, so did that as well. 

I just read this, it is a mess of a response, LOL. I hope it is clear!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page