Strongly Considering a UC in June '11 Tribe...support only please! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-01-2011, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Way to go, baby!!  Transverse is so uncomfortable - DS1 was transverse until about 27 weeks (but it didn't really matter because by that point I knew I was doomed for a c-section anyways).  This LO is breech right now, but I am not going to stress about it.  If, around 30 weeks or so, I notice that he is still in that position I will try a few things to turn him. There is a woman's health/alternative care place right by my house who are kind of known for their ability to turn babies with a combo of moxi and chiro.  I got a partial refund from my old midwife so I am going to save it for this and placenta encapsulation.  I am already doing a lot of hands and knees poses and sending lots of vertex vibes down there!  But he will be born in whatever position he prefers and I will roll with it.  I have been doing a lot of reading about breech presentation and making DH do the same - being prepared never hurts!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2011, 06:58 PM

Yeah I wouldn't stress breech at all, but I can't push out a transverse wee one. I guess I am so loose from a few pregnancies that it never felt uncomfortable.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:21 PM

I was worried about breech at first. Until I reviewed all of my MW textbooks and the videos I have of how to deliver a breech baby (as the MW). Now that I remember how to do all of that, my worries are mostly gone. :)

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

Old 03-11-2011, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Just bumping up our little thread...since it's meant to be 100% support. I'm getting a little discouraged at the subtle anti-UC sentiment popping up all over the UC board of all places. It's subtle, but very present. I guess I need a place where I can be free to express my feelings without someone popping in with "well-meaning" advice about how my baby is probably going to die lol. I realize I'm being slightly hormonal and dramatic but still...

Otherwise, I am feeling great! Baby was a little quiet the other day which of course got me paranoid but I guess he was just sleeping a lot because he's been super active since then (yay). I'm still doing prenatals at home -- mainly just BP and the occasional glucose prick -- both fasting and after meals. All good there. No swelling, feeling great except sleep is getting a bit more difficult. I feel like I'm always tossing and turning lol

Another development is that my mom who claimed to be 100% supportive (I knew it was too good to be true lol) told my sister (who IS 100% supportive but lives out of state) she is "very concerned" eyesroll.gif and all this. My mom and I have a rocky relationship as it is, and she tends towards narcissism (though not full blown NPD) so of course, it's about her and her comfort level. She said something about being "responsible" for my birth -- are you joking me? I'm a grown woman...how in the WORLD was I making you in any way, shape, or form repsonsible for the outcome of my birth?...talk about narcissism. So, I'm glad I know now because she won't even know when I'm in labor now.

How is everyone else doing?

Grace-based wife & mama to 2 unschoolers! One & . We live simply & mindfully. Expecting another blessing Feb 2015 Praying for another
Old 03-11-2011, 12:49 PM

wave.gif

Hi everyone!  

Man, I am soooooooooo ready for spring already!!!!  It is in the 40s and sunny here today and it makes me crave the days of open windows, light jackets and less layers!  Truth be told, I am happiest when it is like 90 degrees outside.  I know. Silly.  I think I am technically cold-blooded or something and I need the warmth to survive!

I am feeling like a house.  I am huge, waddling, and feeling very heavy.  I get short of breath walking up the stairs and my little ones want me to carry them all the time so I have all this funky back and hip pain.  I have been hearing the HB regularly with my fetoscope and my BP has been awesome.  I wish I could get a handle on the constipation, though.  I drink so much darn water and take extra magnesium, exercise regularly, eat well - I can't imagine what I am doing wrong.  Oh well.  Its all gotta come out sometime!

TB, are you going to talk to your mom about all this, or are you just going to let it go for now?  Sometimes people who lean toward NPD just want the attention so they create waves to draw the focus onto them instead of the real heart of the matter.  Kinda sounds like what she is doing.  How have you dealt with it in the past?  Do you confront her or just try to diffuse everything with a more simple approach?

ETA: about the negativity on the UC forum - there is a private UC forum in the works that will be "moderated" by the members, so that should help create a more positive, helpful place for us to go.  One of the mods asked me if I would like to be involved in orchestrating it, so as soon as I have any more info I will let you know.  They just did the same thing over in single parenting, too.

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

Old 03-11-2011, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Tracy, still dealing with the constipation? That's a shame! I hope you find a solution soon. I've been having a bit of back pain too, I think because my posture is off due to being so front heavy now.

As far as my mom, no I'm not going to get into it with her. It's not worth engaging. Believe me....lol The fact is, everything goes back to her. It's all about her. Everything, always...lol So, no I'm just not going to tell her when I'm in labor and have the labor and birth I want instead of being scared she's going to find some way to draw all the attention to her -- like being the "concerned" grandmother who calls the ambulance and "saves the day" because she is "so concerned". I could write 10 pages on my mom alone but it's so not productive...she's not all "bad", but I just cannot trust her with the intimacies of my life which is sad, but it is how it is. We can go a while without an "incident" but then sooner or later, it all blows up in my face because of her dramatics and unsolicited opinions, as well as her twisting of everything to make me the ever ungrateful, bad 'child' and her the long-suffering mother who only does kindness toward me, who never appreciates it eyesroll.gif. Maybe I should take this to personal growth ... LOL

The point is...I'm having my unassisted birth with my loving, protective husband as planned and everyone will get phone calls hours after the fact lol

ETA: I just saw your edit -- that would be SO awesome! I would love a private forum just for 100% support... it gets so tiring having to defend even subtle jabs to UC, let alone the obvious ones. Definitely let us know how it's coming along!

Grace-based wife & mama to 2 unschoolers! One & . We live simply & mindfully. Expecting another blessing Feb 2015 Praying for another
Old 03-11-2011, 06:37 PM

Your post has made me realize that I don't bring up my up/uc plans with my family and they don't bring it up with me twins.gif They were a bit nervous with my home birth and asked a couple questions but then they let it go (when they realized I know more than them I suspect ;-). My parents are total hippies but kind of sheepish in terms of birth not being really medicalized, I think if we talked about it they would come around but we haven't. I think they know how much I research things and how perfectionistic I am with my parenting so they kind of trust me. At least that's what I like to think, lol. I do know that they try not to be annoying grandparents who feel like they know better so I guess they're doing a good job, haha. I'm sure after the birth when there is a live baby then some questions will come.

Claire, book reading, tree loving, coffee drinking wife to K, and happy SAHM to ds G Feb '09 home birth, dd C ~ free birthed June '11, and now a new lil surprise due October 2012 joy.gif

Old 03-17-2011, 08:23 AM

Hey mamas!

Just wanted to let you know that the private UC forum is up and you need to "apply" to gain access.  Please see the post in the general forum for the guidelines and membership info!  Yay!!!

Old 03-28-2011, 03:58 AM

Ok, so we are now 30 weeks and have really been thinking hard about UC.  Please help!  Is it too late to prepare for this?  If not what the heck do we need to start doing?  I was happy at the thought of the birthing center at the hospital until I was told they needed to prep the nurses because they tent to be routine oriented bigeyes.gif Not something I want to have to worry about.  Then the dreams set in where I had no say in my desires.  SO, that brings me back to here since 4000.00 for a HB MW isn't an option right now since she is a huge surprise and we have kids in college. My biggest fear is something going wrong.  DH is totally on board and is a very calm, intelligent man so I am the one who is the problem here.  Basically where would I begin?????

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

Old 03-28-2011, 06:40 AM

No - it is not too late!! Not at all!! Read back through this thread and the ones in the UC forum to get an idea of mindset and supplies. I have never felt so relaxed in my life as when I decided to birth on my own. It is an empowering and peaceful decision. Check out Laura Shanley's website and book if you want to read some amazing stories and get some inspiration. And we are all here for you if you have any questions or concerns.

The biggest issue I think most people have to get past is the trust - trust in your decision, your body, your higher faith (if that is part of it). I BELIEVE that UC is exactly the path that my family is meant to take right now. I had to have a lot of quiet time, thinking and feeling, lots of discussions with DH, and find that place of calm from which all good things come - before truly embracing this decision. I know you have been thinking about having an oops at home for a while... perhaps tap into that thread and follow it through to the end. I am sure that no matter what decision you make, it will be what is best for your family/

Truthfully, all you need (as far as 'things' go) are some warm blankets, chux pads, something for the cord and the ringers turned off on the phones. Sure, there are a million other supplies out there, but most of them go unused... here is a list of everything I got (not counting what I use for my own prenatal care)

Bowl for the placenta and encapsulation supplies (capsules, piller)
chux
forceps and cord tape
gloves (sterile and non-sterile)
bottle for peri care
fishy pool, connecters for the faucet and drinking water grade hose
small skimmer
herbals for bleeding and/or placenta retention (shepherd's purse, Placenta Out and Afterease)
(I also got Cytotec for just in case bleeding issues but only for the most dire of situations)

Um...yeah... I think that's it! Not a lot, really. Oh, make sure you have lots of thick mama cloth on hand, too. As you know, that first 24 hours can be a little messy and without those gigantic hospital pads you need something good and absorbent.

Let us know what you need, mama!

Old 03-28-2011, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

It's not too late at all! I agree with what Tracy said. The biggest part is the trust, and also acceptance. Acceptance that in life, there truly are no guarantees (including in a hospital or birthing center) and letting go of the idea that being in those places automatically guarantees the outcome you want. Also, acceptance and trust that birth is a process that is truly designed to go 'well' in the vast, vast majority of cases where mama has loving support, clean conditions, good health, and access to proper nutrition. Yes, you will hear "horror" stories and they are truly horrible for the people who experience them (in every birthing situation) but the fact is, birth is designed to go well.

You truly don't need many supplies at all. I think the biggest 'preparation' is the emotional/spiritual one. Once you've got that down, the rest falls into place. I also feel that it's okay to have a few natural fears or moments of worry. I think every mama, no matter where and with whom she is birthing, has those until the baby is safely in her arms so it doesn't automatically mean you're not "supposed" to do it. If you're a person who can easily distinguish between moments of anxiety and true intuition, you should be totally fine -- because I think our true authentic intuition is in place to aid us in a situation where we may need more assistance. In almost all cases where a transfer was indicated (whether in home birth or UC), I always note that the mama always says "I just knew something was not right"...so that intuition, if you're a person who is able to discern and honor it, is SO beneficial to counter the fear of something going not-as-planned.

Additionally, knowing that the decision to UC doesn't automatically close off other options is helpful. You can always, at any time, go to the hospital if you felt you needed to and you can't worry about "what people might think" because legally, you have to be treated and you have to be treated with some modicum of dignity according to every state's patient's rights. Just trust that if you needed it, you could utilize a hospital for their intended purpose -- which is, to help people who need medical assistance.

My faith is also of such help to me. I'm assuming you're Buddhist -- I dunno what that entails exactly, but in my faith everything happens for a reason and for a specific purpose according to the will of God. Of course we use common sense and whatnot, but at the end of the day we believe if God has it in His will (for whatever reason) that the baby doesn't live in this world (and I am just doing by the absolute worst case scenario that may be playing in your mind)...he/she won't -- regardless of birth location. However, I also believe this process was designed in 100% intelligent strategy and it's designed to work. I believe it when God says children are a gift from God so I can safely assume most of them will thrive (and they do, regardless of birth location).  So that helps a lot. Again, your mileage may vary...but the design works no matter how or who you believe created it lol Otherwise, I doubt our population would be well over 6 billion... lol

Old 03-28-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhamom View Post

Ok, so we are now 30 weeks and have really been thinking hard about UC.  Please help!  Is it too late to prepare for this?  If not what the heck do we need to start doing?  I was happy at the thought of the birthing center at the hospital until I was told they needed to prep the nurses because they tent to be routine oriented bigeyes.gif Not something I want to have to worry about.  Then the dreams set in where I had no say in my desires.  SO, that brings me back to here since 4000.00 for a HB MW isn't an option right now since she is a huge surprise and we have kids in college. My biggest fear is something going wrong.  DH is totally on board and is a very calm, intelligent man so I am the one who is the problem here.  Basically where would I begin?????

Short on time, but darn no it it isn't too late. Our first UC happened, my secret wish, b/c the midwives didn't make it. It all happened perfectly. You need very little supplies.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:

did you look into the birthing center in danbury instead? its not in the hospital...but its across the street...idk if this is something you've dismissed already but it seemed like a lovely place to me

Old 03-28-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post

Short on time, but darn no it it isn't too late. Our first UC happened, my secret wish, b/c the midwives didn't make it. It all happened perfectly. You need very little supplies.

I actually agree with this completely...even the ob kit in the back of the ambulance consists of like a few things

cord clamps, sterile trauma shears, sterile gloves (you obviously wouldnt need this) a foil blanket (wouldnt need this either) uhhh a biohazard bag for the placenta (I can't see why youd need this either), a bulb syringe ...youd want that but it isnt totally needed either and I always found odd that it was in the kit on the rig because they have suction on the rig and mobile ...uhhhhhh some sterile paper drapes...(wouldnt need that either).....

so yeah, basically if you take the above that emergency professionals have on hand youd actually want some sort of shears that are sterilized , cord clamps...or not...you can get around that easily uhm and a bulb syringe cuz I wouldnt hesitate but I imagine sucking possible mucus out with my mouth is unpleasant if just leaning baby forward doesnt drain everything...

Old 03-29-2011, 03:10 AM

I would go to that birthing center in a heart beat but I live in the North East corner so I would most likely UC on the way *LOL*  It isn't the act of UC that makes me hesitant but the thought if something goes wrong that we can't control.  Yes, I am someone who likes to know what is around each corner and definitely not a risk taker.  That is part of the reason I also want to do this because I want to do something uncontrolled and free that is also beautiful and fullfilling.  May sound weird I know.  I also know this is my last baby and want this experience to be the one I have always dreamed about, especially since we weren't even suppose to be able to get preg. I wisk I had a friend IRL that had done this and could just be there because I would even be fine just with their presence knowing they had a clue.  Now here is the funny part.  I grew up on a farm and have alpacas now so to me birth is so natural and happens all the time, go figure.

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

Old 03-29-2011, 06:32 AM

I haven't posted on this thread much at all, but I've been reading here and there.  UC is still on the table for us with this pregnancy, as long as the baby and I stay healthy.  Can't believe I'll be "full-term" in just 6 more weeks!  Eek!

Buddhamom, I am a complete control freak redface.gif which is WHY I chose uc for our last birth.  I knew I couldn't completely control the outcome; nobody can, with childbirth.  But my hospital birth with dd#1 was so horrible, and I allowed ALL control to be taken from me.  I was bullied and controlled from the time I walked through the doors, and was so unprepared for fighting for even the simplest things ...  I just couldn't do it again.  Being completely in control of my environment made a world of difference for me.

(hugs)  There's nothing saying you have to decide before-hand.  With dd#2, I was actually scheduled for a c/s due to transverse lie.  I was okay with uc'ing a breech at home, but transverse ... well, you know.  When I went into labor it was OBVIOUS she was no longer transverse, so we just stayed home.  With this babe, I've got some additional health risks that I'm working to control.  If things continue to look good for us and I'm comfortable with the situation, we'll stay home.  If not, we'll go in.  LOL, that's the ONE thing I'm not stressed about this time.  It is what it is, I guess.

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

Old 03-29-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:

I would go to that birthing center in a heart beat but I live in the North East corner so I would most likely UC on the way *LOL*  It isn't the act of UC that makes me hesitant but the thought if something goes wrong that we can't control.  Yes, I am someone who likes to know what is around each corner and definitely not a risk taker.  That is part of the reason I also want to do this because I want to do something uncontrolled and free that is also beautiful and fullfilling.  May sound weird I know.  I also know this is my last baby and want this experience to be the one I have always dreamed about, especially since we weren't even suppose to be able to get preg. I wisk I had a friend IRL that had done this and could just be there because I would even be fine just with their presence knowing they had a clue.  Now here is the funny part.  I grew up on a farm and have alpacas now so to me birth is so natural and happens all the time, go figure.

Do you know any doulas? Or maybe look into a DEM who would be willing to 'stand by' just in case? That is what we had with our last birth.

As for the control.. well... I think that the only person in control of the birth process is the baby. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen, no matter where you birth. The universe unfolds exactly as it should - and as long as we make our decisions with love, peace, and kindness - than we know we have done our best and what will be will be. Giving responsibility for your and the baby's care to someone else does not guarantee anything, right?

Old 03-29-2011, 07:04 AM

What is a DEM? As it sits now I have been seeing a Midwife goup that delivers in a hospital.  They have all be very understanding and supportive of my desires, but we all know that hospitals have "policies" that will have to be followed regardless to our and the midwives beliefs.  Those "policies" are the big problem.  DH and I are going to tour the birthing center this weekend and probe a little about what their "policies" are on all our key requests.  I guess we could just prepare for the UC and just know that a tranfer was an option if need be since we already have an established relationship with the group.  DH laughs and says what will happen is I will wait so long before deciding and we won't have a choice but to have her at home. You are all so great and are helping me tremendously with all of this.  Thanks for your patience.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:29 AM

DEM is direct entry midwife. Usually they are completely hands-off during the labor process, unless you request something. Mine literally was only there just in case - she said one sentence to me as I was pushing - "check the cord" and I did. Other than that, I didn't even know she was there. Just an option if you feel more comfortable with am experienced person there thumb.gif

Old 03-29-2011, 09:03 AM

Any idea the cost on hiring one or how to find one?  We had originally wanted a home birth with midwife and started down the path and had contacted a few in our area but 4000.00 was a lot to lay out when we have college costs and such to contend with.  I would be completely open to pay someone to just stand by if it was as affordable amount that was conducive to our budget.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:01 AM

I would start with the Finding Your Tribe here on MDC for your area and see what others have to say. DEMs aren't legal in many stated so they tend to work under the radar. You just need to find someone who has some connections. I think their costs vary greatly, but I know that the one I used charges most people $1200 for 2 prenatal visits to your home, the birth, and one postpartum visit (for entire prenatal services and the birth and postpartum she charges $3500). I was able to barter with her to get the fee reduced last time - some of them are open to this idea as well. You could also try to find a homebirth meet-up in your area and see if you can network a little.

Hope that helps!!

Old 03-30-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post

I would start with the Finding Your Tribe here on MDC for your area and see what others have to say. DEMs aren't legal in many stated so they tend to work under the radar. You just need to find someone who has some connections. I think their costs vary greatly, but I know that the one I used charges most people $1200 for 2 prenatal visits to your home, the birth, and one postpartum visit (for entire prenatal services and the birth and postpartum she charges $3500). I was able to barter with her to get the fee reduced last time - some of them are open to this idea as well. You could also try to find a homebirth meet-up in your area and see if you can network a little.

Hope that helps!!

hi, you might also look at doulas. we found a doula who is training to be a midwife, and right now has a certificate for midwife's assistant. she can do internal exams, for example. i really trust the doula we found in case we decide to "just stay home and have the baby". i feel more comfortable having her there to help since we've never gone it alone before. and her fees are much lower than a dem ($750). oh, and an added benefit of having a doula would be having someone on your side to navigate "policies" if you do end up at the hospital.

xo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 04-07-2011, 06:49 PM

Sooooo, anyone up to anything new lately? :-) Yesterday and today this baby has been moving like crazy and it's gotten the hiccups a few times! I'm starting to get so excited and almost impatient about the birth and finding out if it's a boy or girl. I'm getting tired as referring to it as, well, IT, lol.

Claire, book reading, tree loving, coffee drinking wife to K, and happy SAHM to ds G Feb '09 home birth, dd C ~ free birthed June '11, and now a new lil surprise due October 2012 joy.gif

Old 04-07-2011, 07:14 PM

Not much here. I just got home from a walk. Trying to keep up w/ some fitness. My energy has fallen off the last two weeks. I was sick and still on the mend. I have been taking elderberry syrup which seems to have really helped. I set up baby things the other day in my room and ordered the birth supplies I needed. I got the new pool since my other one had holes. My kids keep asking when they can blow it up, LOL. I am getting excited to find out if I am right about the baby's sex. I think baby is a boy, pretty sure, but have two sets of clothes JIC, smile.gif

Old 04-07-2011, 07:41 PM

We've been going on our walk again too lately and it's soooo nice. I love going on a walk when preggo for excercise. My energy level has definitely taken a hit lately too, still doing good though. I always thought this one was a girl but I've been second guessing myself lately. Either way I'm cool, there's the cutest little one year old girl at our playground that isn't helping though, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post

Not much here. I just got home from a walk. Trying to keep up w/ some fitness. My energy has fallen off the last two weeks. I was sick and still on the mend. I have been taking elderberry syrup which seems to have really helped. I set up baby things the other day in my room and ordered the birth supplies I needed. I got the new pool since my other one had holes. My kids keep asking when they can blow it up, LOL. I am getting excited to find out if I am right about the baby's sex. I think baby is a boy, pretty sure, but have two sets of clothes JIC, smile.gif

Old 04-08-2011, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Edited for privacy concerns.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:48 AM

is anyone still planning a uc talking about it? ;)

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 05-19-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post

is anyone still planning a uc talking about it? wink1.gif

hola.gif

I am! I guess ever since I made the decision and got all my proverbial ducks in a row, it just doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore - like it is just a very routine and natural thing to do. Which is good, I guess, because if I was having anxiety I am sure I would be second guessing myself. Now that it is so close, I feel more and more at peace, more calm and much more willing to accept this birth for whatever it is.

It's a good place to be! thumb.gif

Old 05-19-2011, 03:16 PM

awesome!

well, dh and i came closer yesterday than ever to being on the same page. i finally feel like there is an opening for this little one to come at home surrounded by family love and light. i am feeling at peace, too. i was having all kinds of dreaded resistance to going to and delivering in the birth center. now i feel truly open to the possibility of staying home.  i don't have all my ducks in a row, but i think i have the essentials needed. thumb.gif actually, i need to read back in this thread to the lists of supplies mamas have in place. we do have a doula, who totally supports our wishes to be at home. so we are not completely uc, i guess, since we have her.

xo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post

is anyone still planning a uc talking about it? wink1.gif

hola.gif

I am! I guess ever since I made the decision and got all my proverbial ducks in a row, it just doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore - like it is just a very routine and natural thing to do. Which is good, I guess, because if I was having anxiety I am sure I would be second guessing myself. Now that it is so close, I feel more and more at peace, more calm and much more willing to accept this birth for whatever it is.

It's a good place to be! thumb.gif

Old 05-19-2011, 03:46 PM

I'm still considering an "oops". Mostly it depends on how I feel when I go into labor, what time of day it is, what's happening, etc. I'm not married to being at home or in the hospital. I'm just going to go with whatever I feel like doing at the time. That's my big plan. LOL

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

User Tag List