How about a February Chat Thread :) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 52 Old 02-13-2011, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement.

Thank you, everyone.

I'm a twenty-something Canadian girl married to my sweetheart and due in June with Baby #1
#32 of 52 Old 02-15-2011, 05:20 PM

Spinnerette, I'm going to PM you shortly about EI. I'm in a similarish situation, and juuust got through the process, after the many hoops they make you jump through.

Also, oh my gosh! The November 2011 DDC is up! Somehow when every new DDC goes up, I feel like baby is getting closer and everything is getting more real.

#33 of 52 Old 02-17-2011, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

greensad.gif

I just found out that my employer (a non-profit school) won't be paying any maternity leave benefits for me after all. All along I had been told that I am under contract through July and would continue to be paid, even if out having my baby. Now I will have to hope for some disability insurance to help pay the bills. I haven't even told dh yet. I'm just dreading that conversation. He is already stressed about finances in general (he's like that).

My school is in dire financial straits, and I can understand the reasoning behind not paying for my leave (ie, having to pay me + my sub), but the surprise of the switch is really getting to me. I just wish I had known and expected nothing all along. greensad.gif

Just had to vent. Thanks if you read it. Please keep good thoughts coming this way that it will all work out.

xo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#34 of 52 Old 02-19-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imogenlily View Post

Also, oh my gosh! The November 2011 DDC is up! Somehow when every new DDC goes up, I feel like baby is getting closer and everything is getting more real.

Wow!

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#35 of 52 Old 02-19-2011, 08:35 PM

Totally random... my kids and I were looking through their boxes of baby clothes & stuff (I saved one box for each kiddo) and my son randomly says, "Wouldn't it be cool if there was a onesie that says 'Got Breastmilk?' " I told him that I'm sure there are onesies like that somewhere. Now I'll have to find one, or make one!

I think it's so super fabulous wonderful awesome that my 12 year old son is already a lactivist! Love that kid!

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#36 of 52 Old 02-20-2011, 07:24 AM

I love it!  Your son definitely rocks.  :)

#37 of 52 Old 02-20-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshannyn519 View Post

Totally random... my kids and I were looking through their boxes of baby clothes & stuff (I saved one box for each kiddo) and my son randomly says, "Wouldn't it be cool if there was a onesie that says 'Got Breastmilk?' " I told him that I'm sure there are onesies like that somewhere. Now I'll have to find one, or make one!

I think it's so super fabulous wonderful awesome that my 12 year old son is already a lactivist! Love that kid!

This store sells them! When I was pregnant with my first, I discovered they were right around the corner from me and I was elated that there was actually a store that promoted breastfeeding (they have HUGE signs in their window that say things like 'babies were born to breastfeed") and sold things like cloth diapers. I can't find the shirt on their website, but I was there a few days ago and know they have them. Also, CafePress has a big selection of pro-breastfeeding shirts and what-not. I might order the "Normalize Breastfeeding: Nurse in Public" bumpersticker someday! I really like that one.

http://www.bebybaby.com/meet_us.cfm

Tough week over here. We had to divest because of our financial situation, so we sold all my jewelry including my engagement ring. I am not a materialistic person, but I was definitely attached to my things. Especially all the stuff tied to the wedding - the ring, the diamond earrings I wore, my watch (that was my wedding present)... oh well. I would rather pay the mortgage. I have been finding out the hard way just how bad things can really get in this financial climate.

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#38 of 52 Old 02-20-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post

Tough week over here. We had to divest because of our financial situation, so we sold all my jewelry including my engagement ring. I am not a materialistic person, but I was definitely attached to my things. Especially all the stuff tied to the wedding - the ring, the diamond earrings I wore, my watch (that was my wedding present)... oh well. I would rather pay the mortgage. I have been finding out the hard way just how bad things can really get in this financial climate.

I am so sorry. I have actually BTDT. I pray your situation improves.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#39 of 52 Old 02-20-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:

I'm so sorry :( Things will always get worse before they get better!... I wish I had something better to say:(

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#40 of 52 Old 02-20-2011, 05:20 PM

Thanks for the support, mamas. I am looking forward to DH finding a stable job. He has been searching every day and has not even gotten any interviews yet. It is so sad when someone with his education and experience cannot find employment of any kind. Sadly, this is what our economy has become.

So I am 22-ish weeks and I am feeling the aches and pains of someone who is well into their 3rd trimester already! I am having a hard time getting up from a sitting position, I am already doing the 'pregnant lady waddle' and finding myself short of breath when I reach the top of the stairs. What the heck??!! If this is how I feel now, what is going to happen in the next few months??!! I am getting a little scared...

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#41 of 52 Old 02-20-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the support, mamas. I am looking forward to DH finding a stable job. He has been searching every day and has not even gotten any interviews yet. It is so sad when someone with his education and experience cannot find employment of any kind. Sadly, this is what our economy has become.

So I am 22-ish weeks and I am feeling the aches and pains of someone who is well into their 3rd trimester already! I am having a hard time getting up from a sitting position, I am already doing the 'pregnant lady waddle' and finding myself short of breath when I reach the top of the stairs. What the heck??!! If this is how I feel now, what is going to happen in the next few months??!! I am getting a little scared...

I am waddling too. I need my kids to help me off the floor and soon out of my chair by the fire too. I'm huge, really I am, not exaggerating. >sigh< I had a slight anxiety bout well up a few days ago, by my body feeling over run now by baby, belly, gaining weight.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#42 of 52 Old 02-20-2011, 07:30 PM

Tracy I am so sorry to hear about your financial worries! I'm sure it was difficult to have to sell your things. I really hope that your husband is able to find a job soon. Job and money stress is just the worst. :(

And, I hear you on that whole feeling extra pregnant thing. I'll be 24 weeks on Wednesday and already I'm feeling like I can't breathe very well and I get tired from walking short distances. I'm not showing that much yet, but I feel like if this baby would stick out more in front then it would free up some space for my internal organs!

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#43 of 52 Old 02-23-2011, 02:06 PM

So I have the flu. ugggggh. I feel like death. Yesterday I battled a fever of 103. I let it run for awhile and then ended up taking baby tylenol to get some reprieve. My hubby went out and got me an antihistamine so that I could get some sleep, but I feel terrible for taking it. Terrible timing too...we have a big weekend ahead of us and my baby sprinkle is on Sunday! I also had to tell the mama that I babysit for that her baby couldnt come to my house while Im sick----she was upset, she apparently doesn't get that the flu is super contagious.

I also agree on feeling super pregnant. My belly is so big already!! My mother also told my sister that I was huge...as in all over. Thanks mom. angry.gif

I'm loading up DD with Emergen-C and trying to keep her semi away from me while clorox wiping everything at night. She has had diarrhea for two days now, but no other symptoms. I hope she doesn't get this!!!!

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#44 of 52 Old 02-24-2011, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshannyn519 View Post

thumb.gif

Quote:

hug2.gif i'm so sorry you are having to go through this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post

So I have the flu. ugggggh. I feel like death. Yesterday I battled a fever of 103. I let it run for awhile and then ended up taking baby tylenol to get some reprieve. My hubby went out and got me an antihistamine so that I could get some sleep, but I feel terrible for taking it. Terrible timing too...we have a big weekend ahead of us and my baby sprinkle is on Sunday! I also had to tell the mama that I babysit for that her baby couldnt come to my house while Im sick----she was upset, she apparently doesn't get that the flu is super contagious.

I also agree on feeling super pregnant. My belly is so big already!! My mother also told my sister that I was huge...as in all over. Thanks mom. angry.gif

I'm loading up DD with Emergen-C and trying to keep her semi away from me while clorox wiping everything at night. She has had diarrhea for two days now, but no other symptoms. I hope she doesn't get this!!!!

ugh. i hope you are well on your way back to health!

afm, not much to report. i'm coming up on 26 weeks. i had a prenatal visit the other day, and it has come time for me to choose an OB in my practice for the remainder of my pg. irked.gif i knew this was the policy for VBACs (even though this will be my 2nd VBAC), but i was sort of not thinking about it, kind of hoping it would all go away and i'd get to have my midwife attend my birth. so now it is upon me, and i have to meet the couple of recommended OBs (knowing that their on-call back up consists of 16 other OBs not in the practice!! dizzy.gif). i wish for a home birth, even unassisted (well, i might have a doula -- and with the impending mystery OB, a doula would probably be very wise). i know it will work out for the best. in the big picture, baby and i are healthy and doing very well, so i have a lot to be grateful for.

hope everyone is doing well, or on the mend. can you believe we are approaching march?!

blessings,

xo

blowkiss.gif

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#45 of 52 Old 02-24-2011, 11:59 AM

So, it looks like the kids and I probably won't be moving after all. My mom and I sort of talked and I told her that I don't want to move, period. I get that she was feeling like she was having to handle my crisis and take care of another child, but she doesn't take care of my kids for me. She helps out with them, but I don't just leave and make her do everything. I think it helps that I've told her that I'm willing to invest some of my money into the house to fix some things and get them were we want to be. Like fencing in the rest of the backyard.

It seems like she might be slightly warming up to the idea of another baby in the family, and one in the house. She has made some comments that I'll be doing this "all on my own" to which I responded that I essentially parented my big kids all on my own too, even though I was married to their father when they were born. We shall see... but things are looking good!

School is still totally nuts, and I'm really not putting a ton of effort into all of it right now. I am taking Floradix again so hopefully that will help with my anemia and give me some energy. I'm finally over my month-long cold too, which is greatness.

The weather here has been fantastic so that helps with my mood too.

MaryElizabeth likes this.

Jenni

#46 of 52 Old 02-27-2011, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

whoa! it is almost march! bigeyes.gif time is marching on, that's for sure. i just realized today that i have only 7 weeks of teaching left...

i've started my long list of to-dos, so i know i am getting to that "better-do-everything-i-can-before-baby" stage. lol.gif today i finished my baby blanket. i'd been crocheting it for over a year; well before i knew i would be making it for this child. it is far from perfect, but so perfect for my little bunny.

i'm interviewing a doula next weekend, with dh and family. i met her at a "meet the doulas" evening, and really felt comfortable with her. i hope dh will like her, too. it will be tricky to afford her, but i'm hoping to put the word out to family that we are taking up a collection to help pay.

how is everyone doing?

xo

#47 of 52 Old 02-28-2011, 09:50 AM

Is anyone else starting to feel huge or having more and more difficulty moving around and changing position? I am!

#48 of 52 Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 AM

Yes, absolutely. I laid about all day Satuday because I felt so 'heavy' and just BIG.

Quote:

Is anyone else starting to feel huge or having more and more difficulty moving around and changing position? I am!

Christ-centered loving wife & mama to 2 miracles! One & one . We live simply and mindfully. Expecting another blessing Feb 2015
#49 of 52 Old 02-28-2011, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

yep. i'm having a harder time getting up from my couch! lol.gif

#50 of 52 Old 02-28-2011, 05:46 PM

I feel as big and heavy now at 23 weeks as I did in the last month of my last pregnancy! I am also starting to feel the 'crotch ache' already and can't stop peeing.  I will be so joyful when this pregnancy is done and I can just be me for a couple of YEARS!!!  With about 13 months in between each of my pregnancies, I need a BREAK!!!

I had a crappy day so I made some brownies and am off to eat as many as my belly will hold!

#51 of 52 Old 02-28-2011, 06:42 PM

I feel heavy too. I will be 25 weeks this week. I went for a walk and felt lots of round ligament, annoying. Getting harder to turn in bed and feel fully able to take a breath.

#52 of 52 Old 03-01-2011, 10:53 AM

Yes! Tying my shoelaces is getting difficult.

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page