Mothering Forum banner

Do we want to have due date buddies? --Buddies posted #49

2K views 59 replies 32 participants last post by  Lidamama84 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! I was just wondering if we wanted to do due date buddies. We did it in my last DDC and it was nice, the way we paired people up was not a first timer/first timer. Our due date buddy then could update the group on labor and delivery, etc, if we couldn't get to the computer. We don't have to pair up like that. We could pair up by due date, or geographic location, etc. I just liked having someone that I could ask questions to who had been through it before, and after I gave birth I just texted her so I she could let everyone know how we were doing.

Thoughts?

#27 ·
I'm Mary Elizabeth...due the 15th..but DD was 3 weeks late so who really knows:) DD was planned to be HB but ended up being a C-section :( This baby is a VBAC hopeful... but I have learned to never except the planned! haha I am at Ft Bragg but will be moving this fall to OK.

#28 ·
I'm Beth. I'm due 6/21. I went 9 days over with DS, who's nearly 3. I had an unmedicated hospital birth last time and intend to do it again, but with a midwife and doula. DH and I did Bradley birth classes last time and loved them! I'm in central IL.

#29 ·
I'm Jenni

EDD 6/15/11

Baby #4

Planned UBAC at home

I'm in North Texas

#30 ·
I couldn't edit my other post..so here is a new one!

I'm Holly and I'm in Montana.

EDD 6/25 and I expect to go very close to this as I've had 3/4 deliveries in the 39th week.

This is my sixth baby/fifth pregnancy, and my third child. (I had three surrogate babies including a set of twins.)

All of my births have been unmedicated, vaginal hospital births, and this one will be the same.

#33 ·
Count me in! I'm Shell, this is my first, I'm in the Midwest, due 6/21, planning a UC homebirth. Like Beth I'm doing the Bradley Class's (starts later this morning!!!) (Beth- love love lovin the woolies in your pic)

#34 ·
I'm Crystal. I'm in Central IL.

My EDD is June 26th. I'm expecting this one to be late. I have no idea why I feel that way - I just do.

My DS was induced at 4 days past his due date. The birth was very medicated and medically managed. I'd like to change things this time around. This will be my first home birth. I have a lovely home birth midwife lined up and she'll bring an assistant with her. I'm hoping to birth naturally in a birthing pool at home.

On Tuesday I'm starting a class called Baby Body Birth, which focuses on natural childbirth and a healthy pregnancy.

My DS is a vivacious, energetic, and slaphappy 3 1/2 year old. He rocks my world!

#35 ·
Crystal, I vaguely remember you from when you joined the AP/CP group. It's funny who you "see" around. :)

Shell, thanks! I dyed the trim myself. They're for a trade. If your Bradley class is as good as ours, you're going to love it. It absolutely made the difference in my birth. It really gave DH the tools to support me.

#36 ·
I'd be up for this. I think we should try to get buddies who are relatively close to our dates, but not necessarily on the date.

I'm due with my second on June 1 or 2 (I like to say 2) but DS was 3 weeks early so I'm not sure if I'll even make it to June. My first was a barely-made-it-to-the-hospital birth with a CNM, and this time I am planning a homebirth with a CPM.

Oh, and I'm in the upper midwest.

#37 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleatha5 View Post

Yay! I'm happy to see so much interest! How do we want to pair up (with the exception of Paineferia and astar they seem a natural to be paired together) do we want to do by due date? Or new mom/second or more time mom? Or something else? I liked doing new mom/not new mom with DS because I could ask all sorts of "what is going on now" questions to someone who had been through it before. Or we could do a combination and try to pair a new mom/not new mom with similar due dates.

Let's all write our due dates and some other basic info, and then we can get an idea of the people who want due date buddies and pair up accordingly!

I'm Kristin

EDD 6/24 (but DS was a month early, so I'm expecting to be early again)

This is my second child

I'm in Pennsylvania

DS was a non-medicated, natural hospital birth.

I plan to have a non-medicated, natural hospital birth this time also (stupid Pennsylvania and it's laws pratically outlawing midwives...grrr)
both painefaria and i are also in pa and planning hbs (mine will be an hbac). so it can be done. what part of pa are you in?

#38 ·
This sounds fun.

I'm Nikki

EDD 6/19

This is my third child. First was a disaster labour ending in a c-section, second was much smoother, non-medicated and ending in a VBAC.

Hoping for a medication-free labour again this time, in the hospital at my midwife's insistance due to risk of rupture, hoping to labour in the tub to help with pain. =)

#39 ·
My name is Erin. I'm a doula & homebirth midwive's assistant.

This is my 3rd baby, 5th pregnancy. First in the hospital (unmedicated), 2nd at home as with this one
smile.gif

My EDD is 6/30. Ds1 was 13 days early and ds2 was 7 days early...this one too???

love this idea!!

oh yes-I am in NC

#41 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by astar326 View Post

Quote:

Yay! I'm happy to see so much interest! How do we want to pair up (with the exception of Paineferia and astar they seem a natural to be paired together) do we want to do by due date? Or new mom/second or more time mom? Or something else? I liked doing new mom/not new mom with DS because I could ask all sorts of "what is going on now" questions to someone who had been through it before. Or we could do a combination and try to pair a new mom/not new mom with similar due dates.

Let's all write our due dates and some other basic info, and then we can get an idea of the people who want due date buddies and pair up accordingly!

I'm Kristin

EDD 6/24 (but DS was a month early, so I'm expecting to be early again)

This is my second child

I'm in Pennsylvania

DS was a non-medicated, natural hospital birth.

I plan to have a non-medicated, natural hospital birth this time also (stupid Pennsylvania and it's laws pratically outlawing midwives...grrr)
both painefaria and i are also in pa and planning hbs (mine will be an hbac). so it can be done. what part of pa are you in?
I a friend of mine also living in PA had a HBA2C.

#42 ·
So far I have 26 people who are interested, they are (in no particular order):

aleatha5

jsannyn519

imogenlily

astar326
paineferia

tracymom1

CrunchyClark

Sharita

amaayeh

mamatoabunch

Bald_Bull's_Mama

jsw4

citymagnolia

mama2bJune2011

swimming-duck

heathenmom

Buddamom

MaryElizabeth

wake_up

cuddlemama0507

grcelizabeth

sara125

Knittin Mama

BarefootScientist

~Nikki~

RaRa7

If anyone else wants a due date buddy let me know, I will be sorting through the list and post the buddies soon!

#43 ·
I'd love to have a buddy

I'm Nikki

EDD:6/14 This is our third child and hopefully will be our second homebirth. We are undecided as of yet and probably right up to the moment of labor on whether we will UC or not, but it is a possibility.

We're currently living in beautiful Oregon If being local is important to anyone

#44 ·
Quote:

Angel, really? That's exciting, maybe I can find something yet! I'm in central PA near State College. What about you?
we're in Lancaster. My midwife is from Md (b/c I couldn't find a local one to attend a HBAC), but Painefaria's is local. I would make some calls and try to find someone by you. you can try ICAN or LLL or Bradley/Brio teachers for references. i hope you find a midwife you love! i'll ask my midwife if she knows of anyone up there. best of luck.

#45 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by astar326 View Post

Quote:

Angel, really? That's exciting, maybe I can find something yet! I'm in central PA near State College. What about you?
we're in Lancaster. My midwife is from Md (b/c I couldn't find a local one to attend a HBAC), but Painefaria's is local. I would make some calls and try to find someone by you. you can try ICAN or LLL or Bradley/Brio teachers for references. i hope you find a midwife you love! i'll ask my midwife if she knows of anyone up there. best of luck.
I will also ask my midwife... I don't see her until the end of the month, but she is active with the PA midwives so she may know someone for you.

#46 ·
Quote:

I have a friend who is a midwifery apprentice in WV/Morgantown area and she's putting the word out for midwives in your area. She is VERY well-connected with midwives all over WV & PA and she's a great resource. I'll let you know what she finds out!

#48 ·
Quote:
Quote:

i found this site through my midwifes links. it lists midwives by city, state. hope it helps.

#49 ·
And without further ado (or wait, my apologies!) here are the buddies. We ended up having an odd number of people so one group is a group of three.

sara125 and BarefootScientist

Sharita and heathenmom

jsw4 and citymagnolia

paineferia and astar326

imogenlily and Buddamom

jshannyn519 and MaryElizabeth

tracymom1 and Knittin Mama

aleatha5 and Bald_Bull's_Mama

mamatoabunch, grcelizabeth, and mamanoley

swimming-duck and wake_up

amaayeh and ~Nikki~

CrunchyClark and cuddlemama0507

mama2bJune2011 and RaRa7

I tried to pair people up roughly by due date and birth type (i.e. homebirth with homebirth, UC with UC, etc.) If more people want DDC buddies later, we can make more pairings. Feel free to PM your buddy and exchange email addresses/phone numbers/etc so that you can be in touch!

#50 ·
Ack, as usual I am late to the party! LOL! Oh well. I will just introduce myself anyway. I am Renee. I live in PA. This is my 5th baby/ 13th pregnancy. I will be having this baby in the hospital with a midwife. well, as long as my blood pressure stays normal that is. She already told me if it goes up, she drops me
greensad.gif
. I would love to have a HB but my dh doesn't agree. Oh, and I am due June 20th. My 2 boys were born on their due date and my girls were a few days late. Hi everyone!
wave.gif

#51 ·
We have the same due date! :) Yay for summer solstice edd babes :) And this will be a UC as well
love.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittin Mama View Post

Count me in! I'm Shell, this is my first, I'm in the Midwest, due 6/21, planning a UC homebirth. Like Beth I'm doing the Bradley Class's (starts later this morning!!!) (Beth- love love lovin the woolies in your pic)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.