Mothering Forum banner

Do we want to have due date buddies? --Buddies posted #49

2K views 59 replies 32 participants last post by  Lidamama84 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! I was just wondering if we wanted to do due date buddies. We did it in my last DDC and it was nice, the way we paired people up was not a first timer/first timer. Our due date buddy then could update the group on labor and delivery, etc, if we couldn't get to the computer. We don't have to pair up like that. We could pair up by due date, or geographic location, etc. I just liked having someone that I could ask questions to who had been through it before, and after I gave birth I just texted her so I she could let everyone know how we were doing.

Thoughts?

#11 ·
I am new here, joined today, but I would love to do this! I am still getting familiar with the website. I just can't believe I didn't join when I was pregnant with my other two! Everyone seems so helpful!

#12 ·
I'm in! Love this idea.

#18 ·
Yay! I'm happy to see so much interest! How do we want to pair up (with the exception of Paineferia and astar they seem a natural to be paired together) do we want to do by due date? Or new mom/second or more time mom? Or something else? I liked doing new mom/not new mom with DS because I could ask all sorts of "what is going on now" questions to someone who had been through it before. Or we could do a combination and try to pair a new mom/not new mom with similar due dates.

Let's all write our due dates and some other basic info, and then we can get an idea of the people who want due date buddies and pair up accordingly!

I'm Kristin

EDD 6/24 (but DS was a month early, so I'm expecting to be early again)

This is my second child

I'm in Pennsylvania

DS was a non-medicated, natural hospital birth.

I plan to have a non-medicated, natural hospital birth this time also (stupid Pennsylvania and it's laws pratically outlawing midwives...grrr)

#19 ·
I'm Elizabeth.

"Official" due date is 6/1/11, but (a) I tend to bake babies longer and (b) I'm t2 diabetic this go-round and ob is already asking me to consider an induction in my 39th week. Bottom line ... I got no idea. LOL

This is our 3rd baby. #1 was a traumatic hospital birth; #2 was an amazing u/c. Playing it by ear with #3 ...

We're in coastal Georgia.

#21 ·
I'm Andrea.

Due 6/18 ish, but 1st DD came on her due date (medicated hospital birth), 2nd DD came at 40w6d (unmedicated, birth center, water birth). I'm expecting this one to be about 41 weeks.

3rd Baby (surprise!)

I'm in the San Francisco area.

#23 ·
I'm Annabelle

My EDD is 6/16, most of my single came at 39 weeks, two at 37 weeks

This is our eleventh

We live in NM, but if all goes well we will be moving to WI w/in the next two months

This birth will UC, my 8th UC. My first born twins were born by c/s and my third was a midwife attended HB

#25 ·
I'm Tracy from Chicago

my EDD is 6/26

This is my 3rd baby. 1st was a planned c-section at 35 weeks due to vasa previa (cord draped across cervix and bleeding) 2nd was a homebirth with a DEM, planning a UC with this one.

My 2nd came exactly on her due date so I don't know what to expect with this one. I am having a late feeling, though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.