New Chat Thread!!! MARCHing into the 3rd trimester!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 221 Old 03-22-2011, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Buddhamom, that is great news about the OB!!!  How wonderful that he is understanding and compassionate to your requests.  That is not often the case!  Sounds like you will be in good hands no matter where you decide to birth.

Man, I am just so nauseous.  All the time.  I swear, I am allergic to being pregnant.  I have been barfing at least twice a day even though I am spacing meals and eating (oh so lovely) bland food.  I don't know what the problem is.  I just want my tummy to feel normal for a while.  This sucks.

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#122 of 221 Old 03-22-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post

Buddhamom, that is great news about the OB!!!  How wonderful that he is understanding and compassionate to your requests.  That is not often the case!  Sounds like you will be in good hands no matter where you decide to birth.

I agree! It's always refreshing to get natural birth views and wishes acknowledged and supported, especially when it's coming from an OB.

Quote:
Man, I am just so nauseous.  All the time.  I swear, I am allergic to being pregnant.  I have been barfing at least twice a day even though I am spacing meals and eating (oh so lovely) bland food.  I don't know what the problem is.  I just want my tummy to feel normal for a while.  This sucks.

Yuck. I can't even imagine. I was having a hard enough time dealing with my nausea that started going away at 16ish weeks. I still get little moments where I gag at stuff (especially if it's gross), but to be throwing up that much would kill me! I guess the bright side is that we won't be preggo much longer, right?

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#123 of 221 Old 03-22-2011, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

He sounds lovely! That's awesome. :)

I just realised I missed yesterday's midwife appointment... it was DH's birthday and I totally forgot. Oops. :/

ETA: I posted a pic of DD's cake on my blog, if anyone's curious. :p

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#124 of 221 Old 03-22-2011, 02:55 PM

Smokering that cake is GORGEOUS!! I wish I could make a cake that looks anything like that! I am sorely lacking in pretty cake making skills so I buy them. :)

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#125 of 221 Old 03-22-2011, 05:04 PM

Thank you! :) It was fun to do. I make wedding cakes occasionally for friends, but all the brides I get are incredibly predictable and choose plain white, round, 2- or 3-tier cakes decorated with ribbons and flowers. Simple, classy, dead easy to ice, but as boring as all-get-out. So it was fun to do a slightly funkier cake with colours for once! I still hold out hope for a bride who asks for a five-tier, asymmetrically-stacked, lime-green cake with plaid piping and stars on squiggly wires. Maybe one day....

I'm pleased to report that I'm on a homemaking roll right now! After 6 months of utter uselessness, I'm getting enough oomph back to do some sewing and baking (and about time, too). I'm making DD a pinafore, finishing off her (ahem) birthday quilt, I have a batch of caramel coffee custards in the oven, I actually put washing away this morning, and we remembered to give DD a bath. Woot! (Of course, the house is still filthy, and I can't find the camera or a DVD a friend lent me, and the kitchen stove is a disgrace to humanity, and we really need to change the sheets. But hey.)

MaryElizabeth likes this.

#126 of 221 Old 03-22-2011, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Wow, I had to jump in and comment on the cake! GORGEOUS! You could do that for a living!

Christ-centered loving wife & mama to 2 unschooled miracles! One & one . We live simply and mindfully. Expecting another blessing Feb 2015 Praying for another
#127 of 221 Old 03-23-2011, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Yes - seriously, Smokering - that is the the most beautiful birthday cake EVER!!! I have to make a cake for DH's Bubbie's 90th birthday next week. Is fondant hard to use? Is it something you need experience to work with? I actually worked in a bakery years ago and was pretty good at baking/decorating cakes, but we never used fondant - I am not sure it was even around back then. I totally wish I could get the homemaking bug up my bum... my house is a disaster and I still feel like a mess. I need some serious motivation!!

Is anyone getting a little freaked out by being this far along in the pregnancy already? I kind of feel like time is really flying by and that I am still getting used to the idea that there is going to be another one of us around here. I was putting DD down for her nap and it hit me - 13 weeks to go! That's it!! I am excited, but but just feel so unprepared (mentally, at least). I have so many projects that I hoped to finish that I can't seem to even start.

Oh - which brings me to my latest source of frustration... so I think I have some kind of mental block against sewing right now. Usually I can sew almost anything with one eye closed and half a brain working, but for the last couple of weeks, every time I sit down to get something done, I screw it up beyond the point of being able to salvage it at all.. Seriously - every project I have worked on has ended up in my scrap bin and I can't figure out what the problem is. Yesterday, I had DH watch the kids for a few hours and I went down to my very quiet, peaceful sewing area and tried to get a few things done. The alterations went fine, but as soon as I went to work on something that is 'fun' instead of work, I totally messed up and then just got angry and came back upstairs. Do crafters get 'sewers block' like writers get 'writer's block'???? Cuz something sure is funky with my skills lately. Bah!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#128 of 221 Old 03-23-2011, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:

Is anyone getting a little freaked out by being this far along in the pregnancy already? I kind of feel like time is really flying by and that I am still getting used to the idea that there is going to be another one of us around here. I was putting DD down for her nap and it hit me - 13 weeks to go! That's it!! I am excited, but but just feel so unprepared (mentally, at least). I have so many projects that I hoped to finish that I can't seem to even start.

YES!! I've felt this a lot recently. I have 14 weeks to go. I wonder if it's just the awareness of heading into 3rd trimester that tells my brain that yes this is in fact really happening.

I haven't participated in any of the chat threads thus far. I'd like to get a little more involved here as I find bits of time. I did not have time however to go back and read the 7 pages prior in this thread, so I thought I'd just try to jump in. I hope that's okay!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
#129 of 221 Old 03-23-2011, 12:36 PM

Mamas I am so sick, it is the pits. Most of my kids are on the mend or are much, much better, but each day I feel worse.

I am totally freaked about baby coming. I am 28 tomorrow and have had all of mine by 39 weeks so far, so that is 11 weeks at best, but two came at 37 and one at 38. OMG.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#130 of 221 Old 03-23-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Yes - seriously, Smokering - that is the the most beautiful birthday cake EVER!!! I have to make a cake for DH's Bubbie's 90th birthday next week. Is fondant hard to use? Is it something you need experience to work with? I actually worked in a bakery years ago and was pretty good at baking/decorating cakes, but we never used fondant - I am not sure it was even around back then.

Fondant's easy! If you can play with playdough, you can use fondant. :p Get a good brand, though. I buy Pettinice, which I highly recommend if it's available where you live. It has glycerin in it, which gives it a bit of stretch and "forgiveness". I've used cheaper brands in the past like Ernest Adams, and it cracks at the drop of a hat; but Pettinice is awesome. It comes in ivory, white, marzipan and (I think?) chocolate, and you can colour it with gels or powders.

Basically you roll it out, brush the cake with something wet so it'll stick, pop it on top and use a smoother (or something smooth - a piece of shiny cardboard works) to smooth the top out, then down the sides. I've written a few Suite articles about it... hang on... this one's on adding colour to fondant, and one on icing a cake with marzipan or fondant. (Two layers of fondant is better than one, gives a much smoother finish; you can use fondant twice instead of marzipan if nobody in your family likes almonds.)

Plus with fondant you can do all sorts of fun things. On DD's cake I cut strips in a contrasting colour and "glued" them with water to the sides, then rolled them at the top. Or you can make the underlayer of fondant a contrasting colour, cover it with Layer #2, then use mini cookie-cutters to do "cutouts" so you can see through to the bottom layer. (I actually did that on DD's cake too - the reason the flowers in the centre look slightly "sunken" is that they're sitting in a big circular cutout that was meant to show the yellow icing underneath, but I ended up covering that whole circle with flowers and leaves, so you can't really see it. Oh well!) Or you can mould little flowers, fruit, animals, letters, numbers, shapes etc out of the fondant - technically you're supposed to use gum paste for that, but I think fondant's nicer to work with. Cheaper, too. :p Or if you buy a powder-based colouring and mix it with vodka, you can use a paintbrush to paint words or patterns on the cake... or you can use a dry brush to brush the powder over the cake if you want a really subtle finish. I have a tube of gold powder and brush just a little gold over the tops of dark chocolate mud cakes sometimes - looks very posh and is SO easy! You can also mix the powder with royal icing and pipe things on the fondant (like I did with the squiggly lines on DD's cake).

Or if you're used to working with buttercream or ganache or whatever icing you prefer, you can frost the cake with that and still use fondant for the decorations. It's really good stuff - it seals the cake, which helps keep it fresh if you're doing it a day or two in advance; and it doesn't need to be refrigerated (shouldn't be, actually), which is handy if your fridge looks anything like mine.

Quote:
Oh - which brings me to my latest source of frustration... so I think I have some kind of mental block against sewing right now. Usually I can sew almost anything with one eye closed and half a brain working, but for the last couple of weeks, every time I sit down to get something done, I screw it up beyond the point of being able to salvage it at all.. Seriously - every project I have worked on has ended up in my scrap bin and I can't figure out what the problem is. Yesterday, I had DH watch the kids for a few hours and I went down to my very quiet, peaceful sewing area and tried to get a few things done. The alterations went fine, but as soon as I went to work on something that is 'fun' instead of work, I totally messed up and then just got angry and came back upstairs. Do crafters get 'sewers block' like writers get 'writer's block'???? Cuz something sure is funky with my skills lately. Bah!

YES! I think I just came out of "sewer's block", actually, and high time too. I had all these plans to make myself glamorous maternity clothes, and... yeah, not so much. It was partly just me being sick - standing at the iron made me nearly pass out, and even sitting at the sewing machine made me dizzy. But it wasn't just that... things just... weren't working. Now I'm feeling a lot better, but I'm panicking about the baby being here soon, so his clothes (and stuff for DD) are a priority. And it'll soon be too cold, and I'll be too big, to wear the half-finished items stuffed in my sewing niche.

Sigh. I do need to make a red stretch jersey dress, because I got the fabric specially for the purpose; and I want to make myself some warm nursing-friendly pyjamas to wear in the birth centre (and at home, obviously!) after the baby's born. (Maybe something with a tunic-length top and black pants, for the sake of lochia and not looking entirely like a pyjama-wearing maniac if the courier comes around early on a winter's morning?) But that'll be IT for clothes for me.

On the bright side, there's a chance I'll get DD's quilt finished today! Just needs maybe a touch more quilting, and then - oh joy - binding. I blew off Bible study (overslept), so I have some extra time... I should finish her pinafore, but I keep flitting from project to project right now. When I finish the quilt I'll have to sternly tell myself NOT to start any new projects until I've finished the mei tai, the pinafore and the knitted top I'm making. But it's so tempting! Especially when I have a few baby projects already cut out and waiting. And a few years back I felted a gorgeous soft merino (or was it cashmere?) beige sweater a friend gave me, with the intention of making it into a winter coat for DD. I never did; but the other day I realised I could cut it and blanket-stitch it into a really cute vest for the new baby. So I'm itching to start that! I've never made anything felted before.

#131 of 221 Old 03-23-2011, 04:23 PM

I hit the 28 week mark today and it has me both excited and completely freaked out! I'm at that point in the pregnancy where I'm really wondering what he looks like and what his personality is going to be like, and how completely our family is going to be dumped upside down when he comes.

I was also told by a classmate today that I'm starting to waddle. Uh yeah. #1 thanks SOOOOOOooo much for noticing and #2 thanks oh so very much for commenting on it!!! Seriously!! She even has kids so you'd think she'd know better. I informed her that my hips get stiff after sitting for a while (we'd been sitting in post-clinical conference for over an hour) and that after I walk for a bit everything loosens up and I lose the waddle.

But I can definitely feel that baby is getting heavier. I am thrilled that I don't have much more time in school because trying to fit into those desks is starting to get challenging!

Crystal, feel free to jump in any time! We don't really have many rules around here. :)

Annabelle, I'm sorry that you're sick and dealing with sick kids. That is just the worst anyway, and even more so when preggo on top of it all.

Jenni

#132 of 221 Old 03-23-2011, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Annabelle, it sounds like you need a solid couple of days off to recover and rest. Can you put the twins in charge and hide in bed for a day or two? Are you remembering to take care of yourself? hug.gif

Smokering, you have convinced me. I am going to try the fondant. MIL and I are going to scope some out tomorrow and give it a go! If it works, great - and if not, well, it's just a big sheet of sugar so it will taste good at any rate, right??!! ROTFLMAO.gif

OMG, Jenni - I didn't even think about having to fit in a desk and being this preggo! And I have been waddling for weeks. I think it started with my hip issues, but now I have to consciously have to stop myself from doing it. My belly is hanging very low this time and I think it is really bugging my back, legs and throwing off my center of gravity. I have one of those support belts... should probably dig that out...

#133 of 221 Old 03-23-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

Hamilton. Not the most exciting place in the country, but earthquake-free...

Did you like The King's Speech? I thought it was awesome. :)

That's cool - I have another internet friend in Hamilton. :)

Yep, I enjoyed it a lot. Amazing cast.

Quote:

You poor thing! Just a few weeks left. hug2.gif

Quote:

ETA: I posted a pic of DD's cake on my blog, if anyone's curious. :p

That is just STUNNING!

I'm tempted to post a pic of the cake I made for my DD's birthday for comparison. It was supposed to be a caterpillar, but the icing was a weird bandaid colour instead of the intended pink, plus it was too runny to hold onto the decorations, so I had to skip them. It ended up looking like an anemic earthworm.

Oh well, at least it tasted good. winky.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post

Mamas I am so sick, it is the pits. Most of my kids are on the mend or are much, much better, but each day I feel worse.

I hope you're feeling better! hug2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshannyn519 View Post

I was also told by a classmate today that I'm starting to waddle. Uh yeah. #1 thanks SOOOOOOooo much for noticing and #2 thanks oh so very much for commenting on it!!! Seriously!! She even has kids so you'd think she'd know better. I informed her that my hips get stiff after sitting for a while (we'd been sitting in post-clinical conference for over an hour) and that after I walk for a bit everything loosens up and I lose the waddle.

My friend told me that a few weeks back. I was indignant too. As if we need something else to feel self-conscious about!

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

#134 of 221 Old 03-23-2011, 06:49 PM

Count me in on the "I can't believe it's happening so soon" camp. A little less than 3 months to go now. I have almost no baby stuff whatsoever... but I don't want to get much just yet because I think between shower gifts and grandparents and etc. etc. we should end up with a decent chunk of it and then we can worry about filling in the gaps then.

Since this is my first, I'm more worried about the aspect of chucking my carefree childless life out the window for ever 'n' ever. What on earth was I thinking? I have no idea how I'm going to do this mom thing, and no idea what my life is going to look like!

#135 of 221 Old 03-23-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erigeron View Post

Since this is my first, I'm more worried about the aspect of chucking my carefree childless life out the window for ever 'n' ever. What on earth was I thinking? I have no idea how I'm going to do this mom thing, and no idea what my life is going to look like!

BTDT, as have most of us so we can sympathize! I have to say that even though becoming a mom is a huge change, once that little bean is here you'll wonder how you ever lived without him/her. And, most of us have no idea how we do this mom thing. I've been a mom for over 12 years and I'm still figuring out what I'm doing!

I'll give you the same advice that I always give at baby showers when we're asked to give advice to the soon-to-be momma: Trust yourself. Trust your instincts. Believe that you do know how to do this, even without knowing that you do. You're the momma and you have known that baby since he/she was a teeny little thing. You are already the perfect mom for your baby.

Jenni

#136 of 221 Old 03-23-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Smokering, you have convinced me. I am going to try the fondant. MIL and I are going to scope some out tomorrow and give it a go! If it works, great - and if not, well, it's just a big sheet of sugar so it will taste good at any rate, right??!!

Pretty much! :)

I really hate the word "waddling"... it sounds so vulgar. DH's tactless best friend laughed at me during my last pregnancy for "waddling" - by which he meant "creeping around very slowly because walking was agony due to PGP and me having spent the day cooking New Year's Eve party food for his ungrateful stomach" - and I'm not sure that I've forgiven him to this day.

#137 of 221 Old 03-23-2011, 08:26 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:

I've definitely been waddling. My dad did feel the need to comment on it. Ugh. AND some lady at my church felt the need to pull out the "Are you sure it's not twins?" line. I mean, really?? Why? Why would you say that to a pregnant woman who is definitely not having twins?

Quote:

BTDT, as have most of us so we can sympathize! I have to say that even though becoming a mom is a huge change, once that little bean is here you'll wonder how you ever lived without him/her. 

YES. This! Life is more chaotic, challenging, and busy. But there is so much joy that has been brought into my life by getting to spend my days with my little boy. It's indescribable.

Quote:

I hope you make a turn for the better soon.

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
#138 of 221 Old 03-23-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:

I hear you on the freaking out part. All the sudden I realized that I'm going to have another baby.... whoa whoa when did that happen?? I am NOT prepared. All in the same moment I also got super antsy for him to just come out already so I can get on with it haha. I have been really getting things together with the house lately-- the nesting has officially kicked in!

I'm going to also agree with the sewing block except mine is cooking block! Everything I make is just... ehh. Not great. Normally I can whip up some pretty great meals with no sweat. But here lately... they just suck.

Annabelle--- I hope you feel better soon!! I can't even imagine being that sick and pregnant right now..... Praying for you!

......really waddling comments? Do people want to know what it feels like to carry an extra 20-30 lbs right on top of your bladder??? And also have it rip your sciatic and pelvis apart at the same time? Sometimes I wish I could let people know what it feels like to be pregnant, they would never make stupid comments again.

Quote:

Pretty much! :)

I really hate the word "waddling"... it sounds so vulgar. DH's tactless best friend laughed at me during my last pregnancy for "waddling" - by which he meant "creeping around very slowly because walking was agony due to PGP and me having spent the day cooking New Year's Eve party food for his ungrateful stomach" - and I'm not sure that I've forgiven him to this day.

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#139 of 221 Old 03-24-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post

Sometimes I wish I could let people know what it feels like to be pregnant, they would never make stupid comments again.

Seriously. This week my friends didn't understand why I couldn't do an 8 hour each way Greyhound trip to come see them! They actually got snarky with me for not coming, at 29.5 weeks. SO FRUSTRATING.

#140 of 221 Old 03-24-2011, 01:58 PM

Well, so much for cheap supermarket iron tablets. I got a call from my midwife that my iron levels have dropped down to 14 (they were 34ish at an earlier test). I can't afford SpaTone and MW thinks Floradix won't be potent enough (I was on it during early pregnancy, but it got expensive too)... so it looks like I'm going on the nasty prescription stuff. Oh well. My pre-e screening, random glucose and everything else apparently came back normal, so that's good.

So, I totally didn't manage to finish DD's quilt yesterday after all. It's trimmed and almost ready to bind, though. DD's gorgeous - she knows it's a present for her, but despite having seen it laid out on the floor, she can't guess what it is. "Is it a skirt for me? Is it a dress?" Hopefully she won't be disappointed when she finds out it goes on her bed, not her! I'll whip up a bolster cover and maybe a cushion cover with the leftover strips, though; she'll like that.

I've lost my appetite again. :( I can rarely force myself to eat breakfast, my egg and protein consumption has plummeted, and I just feel meh about food (except for yum cha, which is becoming a semi-weekly tradition for me and a few friends. At least it's cheap!). Also: HEARTBURN. I take back what I said a few days ago about starting to feel better in general...

Hope you're feeling better soon, Annabelle! (By the way, I love your kids' names! We're trying to keep within the same vague cultural heritage for our new baby's name - Celtic or Anglo-Saxon, although we have some other "minority heritages" in there as well - French and Jamaican, of all things! - and I'm finding it tricky. Kudos on finding so many names that all go together so well!)

#141 of 221 Old 03-24-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:

Hope you're feeling better soon, Annabelle! (By the way, I love your kids' names! We're trying to keep within the same vague cultural heritage for our new baby's name - Celtic or Anglo-Saxon, although we have some other "minority heritages" in there as well - French and Jamaican, of all things! - and I'm finding it tricky. Kudos on finding so many names that all go together so well!)

Thank you! It is getting harder. I believe baby is a boy and dh wants a girl and also so he can use the name we have been holding. I am a 1000 times better than yesterday. I am so thankful!  

I got my baby buggy splurge today and the new swing I ordered yesterday. It is a Bumbleride Queen B. I am a pram girl at heart, but wanted a buggy I could use as a single or double. I have a huge Inglesina double pram and love it, but it is not practical in certain situations.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#142 of 221 Old 03-24-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Thank you! It is getting harder. I believe baby is a boy and dh wants a girl and also so he can use the name we have been holding.

I'm one of six girls, and we all have Bible names. Pickings got a wee bit slim towards the end! We actually have one double-up - [Firstname] Ruth was baby number two, then baby number five was Ruth [Middlename]. I guess Mum wished she hadn't "wasted" such a nice name on a middle name initially! Then number six was named Abigail, and we got a lot of semi-disapproving "Oh, I thought your family always used Bible names!" comments from people who didn't realise it was a Bible name... which was amusing.

Anyway, my parents pretty much used up all the female Bible names I like, so unless I want to name one of my DDs after an aunt, we're sticking with secular names. :p

#143 of 221 Old 03-24-2011, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

I love Bible names. DH won't hear of it unless it comes to him without the pretext. I BEGGED for DD to be named Esther. No go. So we named her after a Bob Marley song instead, lol! My Hebrew name is Eliana Ruth and I have recently begun thinking about changing my legal name to reflect that. My only true concern would be the amount of work needed to get everything changed over. When I got married it was hard enough - and we have soooooo many more 'legal' documents and such now that it would easily be 2 or 3 times the work. And I know most people would never be able to call me by a different name.

So, Annabelle, is anything happening with the farm tomorrow?

#144 of 221 Old 03-24-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:

So, Annabelle, is anything happening with the farm tomorrow?

The insurance binder took 5 days to get together b/c it had to go to the insurance underwriters b/c of the farm status. We had to go w/ these people b/c their rates were so much lower. Frustrating. So now it should be next Wednesday. Honestly, I just don't know what to say anymore, LOL. I cry, get frustrated, pray novenas and just muddle through the insanity.

#145 of 221 Old 03-24-2011, 06:24 PM

3rd tri starts in 5 days...definitely freaking out! Plus I just read a bunch of threads on placentophagy and I'm either very revolted or kinda empowered about it all. 

I think some Grey's Anatomy and the last of the smittenkitchen peanut butter blondies with ganache will take my mind off of it all. :)

#146 of 221 Old 03-25-2011, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

The insurance binder took 5 days to get together b/c it had to go to the insurance underwriters b/c of the farm status. We had to go w/ these people b/c their rates were so much lower. Frustrating. So now it should be next Wednesday. Honestly, I just don't know what to say anymore, LOL. I cry, get frustrated, pray novenas and just muddle through the insanity.

Ugh. I will send up some prayers for you. My Dad is Catholic and goes to church every morning so I will get him in on it, too!

Another week has gone by! I can't believe it. I am still tired, all heartburned out, and pukey - but in better spirits. I have been spending some of my 'free' time working on releasing my anger and tension regarding DH and the various issues in our combined life and I think I am making some progress. I hope that this is the beginning of the road to forgiveness.

I am thinking about making my own soap (for body and such - I already make laundry soap). Does anyone do this and/or have any tips? I need to search through the mindful home forum but haven't been able to do get there yet.

#147 of 221 Old 03-25-2011, 12:59 PM

I'm all braxton-hicksey today. Blah.

Passed my glucose test and my iron levels are good. Have all my paperwork for FMLA and work and Medicaid/Food Stamps done. Have a fun all day pool party tomorrow :) No kids! It will be nice to relax.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#148 of 221 Old 03-25-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithigin View Post

3rd tri starts in 5 days...definitely freaking out! Plus I just read a bunch of threads on placentophagy and I'm either very revolted or kinda empowered about it all. 

I think some Grey's Anatomy and the last of the smittenkitchen peanut butter blondies with ganache will take my mind off of it all. :)

Mmmm, sounds delicious! (The brownies - not the placenta lol.gif)

I've been in freaking out a bit since I hit week 28. Before then, it all seemed such a long way off, whereas now it suddenly seems real. I have sooo much to do before baby arrives!

Quote:

I love Bible names. DH won't hear of it unless it comes to him without the pretext. I BEGGED for DD to be named Esther. No go. So we named her after a Bob Marley song instead, lol! My Hebrew name is Eliana Ruth and I have recently begun thinking about changing my legal name to reflect that. My only true concern would be the amount of work needed to get everything changed over. When I got married it was hard enough - and we have soooooo many more 'legal' documents and such now that it would easily be 2 or 3 times the work. And I know most people would never be able to call me by a different name.

I love the name Eliana! It was on my list but DH vetoed it.

We still haven't settled on a name, or even discussed it much. I do know there is at least one name we both love, but it's a bit "matchy" with DD1's name (same first & last letters), which bothers us. It'll probably be our fall-back choice if there's nothing else we can agree on. 

Quote:

Another week has gone by! I can't believe it. I am still tired, all heartburned out, and pukey - but in better spirits. I have been spending some of my 'free' time working on releasing my anger and tension regarding DH and the various issues in our combined life and I think I am making some progress. I hope that this is the beginning of the road to forgiveness.

I am thinking about making my own soap (for body and such - I already make laundry soap). Does anyone do this and/or have any tips? I need to search through the mindful home forum but haven't been able to do get there yet.

I'm glad to hear you're in better spirits! It's so hard to enjoy your spouse when you're holding onto resentment. I hope he's working on his part too. hug2.gif

What else?

I haven't posted about it in here, but I've been having some crazy itching in the evenings and I'm half convinced it's cholestasis. I had a blood test 2 weeks ago and the results were borderline. My midwife tries to be helpful, but mostly she just keeps suggesting different moisturisers. If moisturisers were helping then I wouldn't be worried about it in the first place, you know?

Anyway, I'll have another blood test in two weeks and hopefully the results will be more conclusive. I hate waiting & not knowing. Maybe it's nothing, but I'm terrified that my baby might be in danger. I might give my midwife a call on Monday and ask them to do the tests sooner.

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

#149 of 221 Old 03-25-2011, 02:32 PM

Well, I finished DD's quilt (yay!). Hand-sewed the back of the binding on while watching a National Geographic special called "In the Womb"... which wasn't that interesting. Thanks to MDC I knew pretty much all the facts. :p So I sat there stitching away, going "Knew that, knew that, oversimplification, knew that, they've done more research on that since and it's not considered accurate any more..." Honestly, I'm starting to think all OB-GYNs, midwives and pediatricians should be required to spend a year on MDC hanging out in the pregnancy/birth forums - you can learn so much!

tracymom1: Have you considered not using soap at all? I wash without soap... I believe it's meant to be better for your skin, pH-wise or oils-wise or whatnot. (I use coconut oil as a moisturiser after showering, sometimes.) It'd certainly be easier than making your own soap. :p

lithigin: I did placentaphagy last time (capsulised, not in a stew or smoothie!). I first read about it in my first tri and nearly threw up, though.

#150 of 221 Old 03-25-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake777 View Post

I've been in freaking out a bit since I hit week 28. Before then, it all seemed such a long way off, whereas now it suddenly seems real. I have sooo much to do before baby arrives!

I haven't posted about it in here, but I've been having some crazy itching in the evenings and I'm half convinced it's cholestasis. I had a blood test 2 weeks ago and the results were borderline. My midwife tries to be helpful, but mostly she just keeps suggesting different moisturisers. If moisturisers were helping then I wouldn't be worried about it in the first place, you know?

Anyway, I'll have another blood test in two weeks and hopefully the results will be more conclusive. I hate waiting & not knowing. Maybe it's nothing, but I'm terrified that my baby might be in danger. I might give my midwife a call on Monday and ask them to do the tests sooner.

I alternate between feeling like I have so much to do before baby gets here that it will never get done, and realizing that I have too much other stuff to do that can't wait that it totally takes my focus off of baby. In reality, I need to set up the pack'n'play with the bassinet and install the carseat in the car. lol

Where on your body is the itching? I had some fierce itching during my last pregnancy and I was convinced that it was ICP too. My MWs ordered the blood tests that I told them we needed (the bile acids one, specifically, along with the LFT) and they came back fine. And then the itching stopped and never came back. It was the weirdest thing ever. Which blood test did your MWs do? Hopefully everything comes back fine and your itching, while massively irritating I'm sure, will be a weird random thing without serious causes that will go away on it's own quickly.

Quote:

tracymom1: Have you considered not using soap at all? I wash without soap... I believe it's meant to be better for your skin, pH-wise or oils-wise or whatnot. (I use coconut oil as a moisturiser after showering, sometimes.) It'd certainly be easier than making your own soap. :p

I don't really use soap all that much. When I do, it's glycerin soap. I'm allergic to perfumes and scented products so it can be nearly impossible to find something that won't send me into fits of itching or make my throat close up just from smelling it. The glycerin soaps, even when scented, don't bother me in the slightest.

Jenni

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page