New Chat Thread!!! MARCHing into the 3rd trimester!! - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2011, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
She's sent a dozen super-old-fashioned smocked dresses that make me gag a little (not to mention that they all say "hand smocked!" on the tags, and the only way I can figure out to mass-produce hand smocked clothes is to have them made in a sweatshop somewhere), but she loves them so here they come.  What am I supposed to do with these things?  I can't imagine ever putting my LO in a giant poufy dress with little smocked mice eating little smocked watermelons on it.

Those actually sound kinda cool to me. lol.gif Not the sweatshop thing, but I do like old-fashioned poofy dresses on babies. Could you donate them to someone? (That's not a hint, I'm having a boy! :p But if you kept one for the purposes of diplomacy and photo ops, you could probably find another mother who thought they were the most adorable thing ever... or even sell them online?)

Busy day for me today - I need to make the base and first layer of DH's mega-chocolate ice cream cake, do some hasty Spanish homework, cook fish and bok choy for breakfast and get together all the library books before our Spanish lesson at 11. Then straight after that I'll bus into town, go to the library, meet some friends for a movie, buy nappies and come home to cook... whatever we're having for dinner. Beef stroganoff, I think; drat, I need to defrost the meat. A nice day, but busy enough that I won't have time for a nap - or much sewing, sadly. I gave up on my noble goal of finishing half-completed projects, and instead started two more - two Ottobre rompers for the baby when he's 3-4 months old (or 62 cm, anyway - European sizing still scares me!).

Interestingly, DD has gone from not caring a fig for my sewing (and rather resenting the time it takes me) to getting very enthusiastic, telling me how clever I am, and requesting dozens of custom items. :p Bad timing, but I'd like to oblige! At least she's wearing the pinafore I made her...

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

MaryElizabeth - I'm glad your pains went away! I was experiencing the same thing the other day. It's so annoying when you don't know whether you're in labor, or just have a tummy ache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

Those actually sound kinda cool to me. lol.gifNot the sweatshop thing, but I do like old-fashioned poofy dresses on babies.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm a sucker for anything old-fashioned like that. orngbiggrin.gif

I get you though, nikie! An oversized octopus rocker for a newborn? Really?

Smokering - that's awesome that your daughter is starting to appreciate your sewing! Maybe in a few years she'll be interested in learning how to do it herself?

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikie23 View Post

That's exactly what I said to DH! He doesn't want to ask her to lay off the tchotchkes, though, on the off-chance that she might eventually buy something useful. I've been putting all the random stuff in a stack, and plan to regift as much of it as possible.

Congrats on the new house! What part of Florida do you live in? I'm in Orlando, and the weather today has been *crazy*! So much rain the parking lot flooded outside our apartment building. Getting DH to work this morning was fun, let me tell you.

I'm on the opposite coast about 30 minutes south of Gainesville:) The weather was rough moving yesterday because it was pouring ALL day. Thankfully we are DONE :) Our garage got a little damp because the rain water was running down the moving truck ramp, but it'll dry soon enough :)

Not feeling so hot today...bit of a scratchy throat and a headache...plus the normal aches and pains of the pregnancy. If my hip pops out of joint one more time I think I may scream. Only 7-8 weeks left if I'm lucky LOL

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

Old 03-31-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeMoon View Post

What is the start of the 3rd trimester? The end of 28 weeks, beginning of 29? If so, that's where I am, and happy to be here! :-)  I cannot believe how quickly this pregnancy has gone by!

I have always been told that the 3rd tri starts at 28 weeks. So if you're 29 weeks now, then you've been in the 3rd tri for a week and didn't even know it!

MaryElizabeth I'm glad to hear that the pains stopped and haven't come back. I wonder if it was gastritis or something that just flared and went away.

Well, my daughter's first softball game was tonight and it was hard to watch. My poor Nanner.  :(  She and one other girl are the only two that have actually played fastpitch softball before, and they played on the same team last year. Now they're on a team with girls who were either in coach-pitch last year (which is WAY different than when the girls pitch themselves) or they have never played at all. Hannah played so great, and so did the other girl. The rest of the team played fumble-ball and it was just sad. They lost 2-12 and it probably would have been more but the coaches on the other team were merciful and let our girls get the two runs that they did. Hannah is really upset now and I feel terrible for her. Obviously they won't win every game, but it's still hard to lose by that much and to have your team not paying attention and all over the place like they were. She was coaching them all from her position on first base. Ugh. This season is going to be hard, I think.

I just want to go to bed. I hate it when my kids are hurting like this. :(

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

Old 04-01-2011, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Smokering - that's awesome that your daughter is starting to appreciate your sewing! Maybe in a few years she'll be interested in learning how to do it herself?

Hope so, although her genes may be against her. :p Mum was awful at sewing as a kid (she's fantastic now), and so was I... I only got into it once I had a baby girl, and became stricken with an inexplicable desire to smother her in ruffles. I'm still not super, but improving... at least, a higher percentage of things I make are wearable/usable now! So she'll probably hate sewing until she's 20. :p

How does one even sit on a rocker shaped like an octopus??

Old 04-01-2011, 05:38 AM

Quote:

How does one even sit on a rocker shaped like an octopus??

THIS!  LOL

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

Old 04-01-2011, 05:47 PM

Hey, who was going to try fondant for her DD's birthday cake? How'd it go?

Old 04-01-2011, 06:39 PM

DH is out on a stag night and I'm kind of bored and listless. I keep attempting to start new threads, then losing motivation halfway through and deleting it all. I really should just go to bed.

The postpartum mama cloths I ordered are in the mail. Has anyone tried cloth pads? Thoughts? I ordered them because I loathe regular pads. I've been dreading using them postpartum and I'm hoping the cloth ones will be a bit more comfy than those evil plasticky things.

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake777 View Post

DH is out on a stag night and I'm kind of bored and listless. I keep attempting to start new threads, then losing motivation halfway through and deleting it all. I really should just go to bed.

The postpartum mama cloths I ordered are in the mail. Has anyone tried cloth pads? Thoughts? I ordered them because I loathe regular pads. I've been dreading using them postpartum and I'm hoping the cloth ones will be a bit more comfy than those evil plasticky things.

I just use my prefolds after the first two or three really bad days are done. I use depends for the first few days then switch to the diapers lol :)

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

Old 04-02-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake777 View Post

I find them annoyingly bulky, but far less irritating to my skin than even organic cotton disposable pads. 

Mom of two kids, expecting again in June or July 2014. 
Old 04-02-2011, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Hey, who was going to try fondant for her DD's birthday cake? How'd it go?

That was me!  And I will be working on it today.  Wish me luck.  I will post a pic, regardless of how it turns out (certainly I will regret this).

The April chat is already going, too here is the link! 

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

User Tag List