The hormones! oh... the crazy hormones! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-10-2011, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't know if it's my lack of sleep, hormones, or what but today I am an emotional ball of goo!!

I randomly got on Facebook this morning and saw that my old boyfriend's sister (who I knew pretty well...but have lost contact with since well, we broke up haha) had a baby with a ton of health problems. This was so incredibly shocking to me! It was shocking at first to realize that she even had a baby...I feel like I should have known. Even more shocking that she had a baby with major issues. This girl is part of the healthiest family I know. All chiropractic, organic, natural etc. I obviously know that things can happen to anyone, but it was just such a surprise!! I am not sure of the exact details, but it seems that she had him on time but he has a major heart defect and some sort of terrible infection. He has been in the hospital since birth/January and is still there getting surgeries and what not. I just feel terrible that I didn't know and also guilty soooooo guilty that I had a baby that was perfectly fine and they are struggling through this awful time. I'm sure all this emotion will pass, but holy cow I feel so bad for them and guilty at the same time.

I have been so blessed in every way possible--- I have a husband who I am best friends with, he has a well paying job that is almost recession proof, I get to stay home with our DD and baby on the way, our DD is extremely healthy and easy to take care of, we have a nice, comfortable home, basically my biggest worry is how I would like to take a nap or I need to finish decorating. I suppose I am having feelings of "I don't deserve all this" today and wondering WHY I get to have the easy life and it seems others who work hard, great Christians, and are very deserving people are having these struggles while I sit playing with my DD. 

Does anyone else have these feelings? Or am the only crazy pregnant lady today????

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-10-2011, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:

Does anyone else have these feelings? Or am the only crazy pregnant lady today????

Yes and yes  (just kidding about the second part lol)

I do, sometimes. Sometimes when I look at our life, I get so emotional because we are SO blessed. It's difficult to understand why some people are struggling while you're being blessed (and I don't know as we're meant to understand it all) but I have a deep faith that God has a plan for everything and that it's our job to help people in their struggles, pray for them, and learn from them (even if it's learning to be more grateful and compassionate in our own lives).

I also recognize that through what were the worst struggles of my own life came some of the greatest blessings -- so one never knows how these struggles are going to eventually bless/teach/deepen the faith of the people going through them. Some of the worst times in my life has produced some of the greatest faith. Sure, while I was going through them I didn't think so but on the other side I can view them as blessings in disguise.

But yeah, I do get extremely emotional about it sometimes.

Grace-based wife & mama to 2 unschoolers! One & . We live simply & mindfully. Expecting another blessing Feb 2015 Praying for another
#3 of 3 Old 03-10-2011, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That is very true. Some of my hardest times led me straight to where I am now. Thanks so much for reminding me of that :) It is so hard to see people struggle especially when you seem to just be able to breeze through...

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page