April showers bring June babies!****April Chat Thread!!***** - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 367 Old 04-25-2011, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ahhhh... Monday! I'm using today to recover from this weekend! My hips are still killing me so I'm going to call one of the chiropractors in my neighborhood and get some info and see if they'll work for me. I can't walk very well right now and I cannot do another 7+ weeks of this! Although, going back to bed and sleeping for another 3 or 4 hours this morning did me a world of good. I had so many totally bizarre dreams last night that I really didn't sleep much at all.

Barefoot, my BH are more intense this time around too. And I've noticed that if I am really active for an extended period of time (like during clinicals, or like this weekend with all the cleaning and stuff) they ramp way up. I was thinking that this baby would probably be born later than all the others were (my latest so far has been 40w1d) but now I'm starting to wonder if he won't be more on the early side. I've had some cramping type feelings as well that do feel different than the BH, and lower back pain like the kind that sometimes goes along with a heavy period. It will be interesting to see what happens with this labor and birth with these new symptoms during the pregnancy.

Tracymom your husband is hilarious! I would be very disappointed to get through all of that with no prize at the end. It is a great story to tell your children and grandchildren someday, at the very least. :)

I have one stretchmark that you can really only see from a couple of angles. It's an old one that just sort of reappears during pregnancy. But it's right above my belly button! It started from where my navel is pierced (and has been since I was 18) and goes up at an angle to the right. I know that lotion won't do anything to keep it from getting worse, but I'm still putting in on extra thick in that particular area in hopes that it does something to slow the stretching progression.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#302 of 367 Old 04-25-2011, 10:44 AM

Ah, the woes of third tri mester has hit us all!  I too have hit the :" feel huge, can't get comfortable, can't sleep, what are you possibly doing inside that makes you move that much and no one touch me" phase.  I keep saying only 6 weeks left.  I am actually hoping to go one week early and have a Memorial Day baby.  I figure this is the third pregnancy, only one of the two went over and I am old so why not *LOL*  But on a good note I have been getting a LOT done.  Last week I went to Target and saw they carry Moby Wraps and they all were black but one.  So I picked up the burnt orange one and the tag had a big red clearance label on it that read "online only item" with a price of $9.00!!!!  Who hoo, I felt so elated!  The weather is finally nice and warm, of course do I have anything but one short sleeved shirt....NOPE!  So tomorrow off to Goodwill I will go to get some shorts and stuff.

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#303 of 367 Old 04-25-2011, 11:16 AM

Heathenmom- So sorry that your levels are all wacky now! Why can't people leave well enough ALONE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhamom View Post

Ah, the woes of third tri mester has hit us all!  I too have hit the :" feel huge, can't get comfortable, can't sleep, what are you possibly doing inside that makes you move that much and no one touch me" phase.  I keep saying only 6 weeks left.  I am actually hoping to go one week early and have a Memorial Day baby.  I figure this is the third pregnancy, only one of the two went over and I am old so why not *LOL*  But on a good note I have been getting a LOT done.  Last week I went to Target and saw they carry Moby Wraps and they all were black but one.  So I picked up the burnt orange one and the tag had a big red clearance label on it that read "online only item" with a price of $9.00!!!!  Who hoo, I felt so elated!  The weather is finally nice and warm, of course do I have anything but one short sleeved shirt....NOPE!  So tomorrow off to Goodwill I will go to get some shorts and stuff.

Awesome catch mama!! Now I'm gonna have to stock my local Target to see if I can find one like that LOL My moby got left outside in a bin (Thank you DH) and basically was mold/rotted through by the time I found it.

I made a wool soaker for DD1 today. Not sure how well it will fit, but the thing feels BULLETPROOF :) I felted all of my sweaters last night and started playing with the ugliest one today :) I will say that if you ever buy a really ugly sweater, turn it inside out and check what it looks like on the inside. The inside was much nicer looking (outside had a ugly red and blue diamond pattern on a bright green sweater) and I ended up using it for the outside of the soaker! A lovely lady on diaperswappers offered me a used tube of Lanisoh she had thats expired so I can lanolize them. I realized I only have 3 covers that fit her right now so I'm trying to make some from what I have.

ETA: It fits perfectly!!! Yay! Off to make some more!

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#304 of 367 Old 04-25-2011, 04:53 PM

Funny you should mention felting sweaters Sarah Lynne - I have an old one on a hot wash right now. I have no idea what I'm going to use it for. I'll just wait & see what it looks like when it's done and hopefully some inspiration will come to me.

Phew...I've been having a bad mommy day. DD has been whining and crying over every.tiny.little.thing, and I've had zero patience for her. Everything is a battle. So far 3 years old has been so, so much harder than 2 ever was.

I think a part of it is that a lot of it is very new behaviour for her, and I haven't figured out how to deal with it yet. Old techniques no longer work. I'm hoping this will feel a little easier once I've gotten more of a feel for it.

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

#305 of 367 Old 04-25-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake777 View Post

Phew...I've been having a bad mommy day. DD has been whining and crying over every.tiny.little.thing, and I've had zero patience for her. Everything is a battle. So far 3 years old has been so, so much harder than 2 ever was.

It's been my experience that 2 is actually pretty amazing and 3 is when parents start drinking heavily. Luckily it only lasts for a year and 4 totally makes up for it. It doesn't help that you're tired and pregnant and in the 3rd trimester and (if you're anything like me) totally irritated with the slightest little thing.

I had a really super stellar moment at the pharmacy earlier. We went in to get DS's meds refilled and they told the lady in front of me that she would have a 15-20 minute wait. Then they told ME that I would have an hour and a half wait!!! WTF!!!! I totally snapped at the lady and stomped off to find my children so we could leave. And then there was another employee who had the whole main center aisle blocked except for a little tiny area to squeeze through (which I can't really do because of my belly baby) so I snapped at her too and said, "Can't you move this crap?" as I shoved a cart out of my way.

Totally not my proudest moment. I just paid DS $2 to unload and load the dishwasher because I am not fit for human company right now.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#306 of 367 Old 04-25-2011, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
So far 3 years old has been so, so much harder than 2 ever was.

WORD.

Four year olds are pretty nice, though. I used to work at a kindergarten with kids that age... I'm looking forward to it.

Especially because it means she won't be three any more. :p

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#307 of 367 Old 04-25-2011, 06:25 PM

Three years - it's when they turn feral. 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#308 of 367 Old 04-25-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake777 View Post

Funny you should mention felting sweaters Sarah Lynne - I have an old one on a hot wash right now. I have no idea what I'm going to use it for. I'll just wait & see what it looks like when it's done and hopefully some inspiration will come to me.

I think a part of it is that a lot of it is very new behaviour for her, and I haven't figured out how to deal with it yet. Old techniques no longer work. I'm hoping this will feel a little easier once I've gotten more of a feel for it.

Oh yes...DS2 has been driving me batty along with DN who just turned 3 on Saturday. They fight and whine over EVERYTHING. I keep telling myself this too shall pass. Thankfully DS1 is usually really helpful, so it makes up for dealing with them.

As for sweaters, out of the one I cut up today I made this:

0425182542_01.jpeg

0425212440_01.jpeg

Those are dryer balls :) They aren't finished as I still have to fill them and close them up, but I'm pretty proud of how much I accomplished and how well the covers work (unlanolized even!!) The true test is I have her in the pull on for bedtime. *fingers crossed*

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#309 of 367 Old 04-25-2011, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Sarah Lynne, I am totally impressed with your upcycled sweaters!! Awesome job!

For me, I have found 3 to be both the best and worst time with DS. He is an amazing, loving, sweet little boy who makes me want to rip my hair out most days.

Does anyone have any good info about fever in late Pregnancy? I am trying not to freak out. I have been running around 100.6 all day and my only other sx are body aches and lack of appetite. I feel like a truck ran me over. I don't have any cold sx, BP is fine, urine is free if leuks and blood. Any thoughts? I am UPing so although I do have a midwife I can call if I need to, she is kind of flakey.

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#310 of 367 Old 04-25-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post

Sarah Lynne, I am totally impressed with your upcycled sweaters!! Awesome job!

For me, I have found 3 to be both the best and worst time with DS. He is an amazing, loving, sweet little boy who makes me want to rip my hair out most days.

Does anyone have any good info about fever in late Pregnancy? I am trying not to freak out. I have been running around 100.6 all day and my only other sx are body aches and lack of appetite. I feel like a truck ran me over. I don't have any cold sx, BP is fine, urine is free if leuks and blood. Any thoughts? I am UPing so although I do have a midwife I can call if I need to, she is kind of flakey.

I'd keep an eye on my temp. If it went over 101, I'd take some tylenol (although with the body aches I might have done it already lol) If there was no improvement in 24 hrs, I'd head to the doc. Drink plenty of water, get lots of rest, and be mindful of how you feel :) If you start feeling worse then I'd call the doc.

All I made was from just 1 of my 4 sweaters biggrinbounce.gif I can't wait to make more!!

#311 of 367 Old 04-25-2011, 11:41 PM

I guess I'm not the only one who thinks 3 is tough. Just when I was feeling a little smug about my reasonable, well-behaved 2 year old...BAM! lol.gif

Sarah Lynne - love what you've done with the sweaters! It's so great when you can take something that's destined for the garbage can and turn it into something new & awesome. It's also much nicer to forking over money for craft supplies. winky.gif

The sweater I felted looks really cool now that it's shrunk. It's almost the right size for DD. I'm contemplating turning it into a little felt jacket thing for her, but the shape is a bit warped so I'm not sure I can make it work.

Tracy - I second Sarah Lynne's advice. I hope you're feeling better soon! hug2.gif

On the agenda today: putting foil on the bedroom windows. I went to sleep at 1am, woke up at 5am because it was so light outside. I should really attempt to lie down again. I don't know how I'll survive today if I don't get a bit more sleep. Preschool is still shut and I have a billion errands to run with DD in tow.

#312 of 367 Old 04-26-2011, 05:08 AM

(hugs) ... hope you're feeling better soon, Tracy.

Sarah Lynne, those soakers are AWESOME!  I have some old felted wool stuff around here somewhere, but I've never been brave enough to try to do anything with them.  I have GOT to uncover my sewing machine and make myself useful.  redface.gif

RE feral children:  yeah ... I've taken to telling people that our just-turned-4 y/o is being raised by wolves.  She is DEFINITELY our feral child.  She bit her sister on the nose last night, hard enough to leave marks, and we cannot keep clothes on her at all.  I'm so baffled by her most of the time ... and I just don't have the energy to deal.  :/

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#313 of 367 Old 04-26-2011, 05:46 AM

Not that I'm glad ya'll are dealing with feral children, but I am happy to hear everyone say that, because my 3 yo has been driving me NUTS for a year. He turns four in June, and I'm REALLY hoping that those of you who said four is much better are right. fingersx.gif He is insaaaaaaaane.

Tracy, I'm sorry you're feeling sick. hug2.gif If your fever goes much higher I'd probably see a doc, otherwise I have no advice.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#314 of 367 Old 04-26-2011, 11:36 AM

Wow..you ladies got a lot done this weekend! All we did was go to the beach house and take a few pictures. All that "relaxing" and I am still exhausted today. 

We got a new camera and DH practiced using it by taking some maternity pics :) Kind of eye opening to see how big I am.... and I spent half an hour on my hair to have it ravaged by the wind and water at the beach.. boo :(Cricket Easter and Maternity 285.JPG

Cricket Easter and Maternity 288.JPG

Cricket Easter and Maternity 362.JPG

Wow, we definitely need to edit them haha And I always forget how weird my face looks while preggers.

weliveintheforest likes this.

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#315 of 367 Old 04-26-2011, 11:59 AM

Wow Mary Elizabeth, you look absolutely stunning!! Such beautiful pictures. You'll treasure those in years to come. Makes me a little sad I haven't really taken any this time around. There's still time, I guess...

Tracy - are you feeling any better? I hope so!

I'm so happy! I ran into a mommy friend of mine at the doctor today - she has a 6 week old baby! We've been so out of touch since we went back to work that neither of us knew the other was pregnant again. She's lives close by and has an older son a few months younger than my DD. We hung out all the time when they were babies. I'm so glad we'll be able to do that again. love.gif

Speaking of craft projects, I made DD a tutu today. She then demanded fairy wings to go with it, so I improvised something with the left over tulle. They're not as stiff as they should be, but they turned out ok considering they took a whole 10 minutes to make. I'm also working on a little felt crown to complete the set. DD is thrilled! I'll try posting a pic later.

This is literally the first project I've started in over two years. I feel so inspired to make stuff all of a sudden. I guess it's to do with the fact that I've stopped working and actually have some mental energy left over at the end of the day.

#316 of 367 Old 04-26-2011, 12:22 PM

Snowflake-- Thanks-- Nothing like a spur of the moment photo shoot. Don't worry, I only have about 5 other pictures of me pregnant with this little one. I feel so bad!!! I haven't felt so cute this time around :)

Congrats on making the tutu and wings! Every time I make DD one it ends up taking forever!! You'll have to post some pics :)

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#317 of 367 Old 04-26-2011, 12:27 PM

Wow. Those are awesome pregnancy photos!  I hope we can do a shoot sometime between now and birth, but $, time, and beauty are not things I possess in abundance!  I hope we do SOMETHING though.

I am excited about checking out MY Target for a Moby, but we'll see what is available in Alaska!

There are so many things I want for my new house and baby.  They range from important (curtains for my windows so my neighbors can't see in at night) to silly (a cover for the recliner so it doesn't look dingy in our new house).  We have a new mortgage payment and are trying to be careful with our new budget AND save as much as possible in case of complications with the birth (or just emergencies in general).  I am trying to tell myself that I don't NEED a co-sleeper, I did just fine with a bassinet and the baby sleeping with us in a regular bed.  I don't NEED a Moby Wrap, I have wonderful mei tai. And so on, but I am beginning to feel so deprived! eyesroll.gif  Maybe I need to stop listening to the baby consumer world, and remember that all this little one really needs is Mama!  However, I DID just buy a couple of gently used little diapers (6 prefolds, two size 1 Thirsties  Duos, and some little prowrap covers), so maybe that will settle the "baby things itch" for a while.  I should also get out the gender neutral baby things and wash them.  I bet THAT would fix me!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#318 of 367 Old 04-26-2011, 02:02 PM

Tracy - fever during pregnancy isn't dangerous unless you get above 102 and stay there for an extended period of time. A low grade fever like the one you're running is more uncomfortable for you than anything else. Like a PP said, drink plenty of fluids and rest as much as possible. I hesitate to tell people to take Tylenol for a fever unless it's high because a fever is part of your body's immune response. If you cancel out the fever, you reduce the immune response and you stay sick longer.

Sarah - your sewing projects are so great! I don't know the first thing about felting anything, or sewing diapers. What are the dryer balls for? And what is it that you're putting inside them?

MaryE - those pictures are GORGEOUS! I love the long skirt too, it's so pretty and summery. I'm not sure what your face is supposed to look like that it doesn't look like that now, but you're beautiful and so is your belly!

Snowflake - the tutu and wings sound so cute! I don't know of any little girls who wouldn't be thrilled with that. Heck, I'd even like a tutu, wings and a crown and I'm 31! lol

Josie - I totally hear you on not buying more baby stuff. I've been given a lot already and I have another shower planned for mid-May as well. I've had to stop going into our local consignment stores and I have to avoid the baby sections at Target and Wal-Mart when I do shopping for other things.

I just got back from the chiropractor, first visit in over a year, and I feel about a million times better. He adjusted my whole back, neck and my hips. I can walk better now, before it hurt to put weight on my left leg and my pelvis was feeling grindy too. And he adjusted my thoracic spine and I feel like I can actually breathe. I am soooooo happy! I'm going back again tomorrow for another adjustment, and probably Thursday as well, to get me more straightened up faster. Thank goodness that my insurance not only covers chiropractic but I actually have some good benefits. I didn't even think it would be covered at all so that was thrilling to me! I'm hoping that I can sleep tonight since my hips won't be hurting me as much.

Today was also my final day of classes! YAY!! I have my 2 finals next week and then I'm officially on summer break. Since I never really study very hard for my finals and I always do well I'm pretty much on summer break now. The best part is that I get to sleep in! Oh heavenly bliss!

Once DS gets home from school, which should be any minute now, we have some errands to run. I need more milk and cereal and ice-cream <---- the staples of my diet now. lol

Jenni

#319 of 367 Old 04-26-2011, 02:15 PM

Jenni--- I am so jealous that your insurance pays for chiro! We pay out of pocket and I have to limit myself, otherwise I would be there everyday! <--- I used to work in a few offices and loved getting adjusted super regularly. I HAVE to go this week, my body is giving up on me and I don't have time to rest all day yet!! Yay for the summer break!!!!!!!!!!! I remember how glorious it felt to finish a semester of school :) :)   and P.S. When I'm pregnant I get a double chin and a bigger nose... it's weird. Even my sisters comment on how my face just looks... different haha

#320 of 367 Old 04-26-2011, 02:16 PM

MaryElizabeth, your photos are beautiful!  The one of you in the chair is my favorite, you look so peaceful.  :)

Is anyone else's fetus turning into a little tyrant?  My LO kicks and jabs like crazy any time I put ANY pressure on my abdomen.  I can't even rest my arm on my baby-lump in the car without getting a swift kick in the ribs to register her displeasure.  Same thing if I try to bend at the waist, or my posture isn't ramrod straight.  DH thinks it's hilarious, but it's getting a little painful.  And it makes me afraid of how the next 8 weeks are going to go, if she's this cramped already!

Congrats on being done with your semester, Jenni!

#321 of 367 Old 04-26-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieAK View Post

Wow. Those are awesome pregnancy photos!  I hope we can do a shoot sometime between now and birth, but $, time, and beauty are not things I possess in abundance!  I hope we do SOMETHING though.

I am excited about checking out MY Target for a Moby, but we'll see what is available in Alaska!

There are so many things I want for my new house and baby.  They range from important (curtains for my windows so my neighbors can't see in at night) to silly (a cover for the recliner so it doesn't look dingy in our new house).  We have a new mortgage payment and are trying to be careful with our new budget AND save as much as possible in case of complications with the birth (or just emergencies in general).  I am trying to tell myself that I don't NEED a co-sleeper, I did just fine with a bassinet and the baby sleeping with us in a regular bed.  I don't NEED a Moby Wrap, I have wonderful mei tai. And so on, but I am beginning to feel so deprived! eyesroll.gif  Maybe I need to stop listening to the baby consumer world, and remember that all this little one really needs is Mama!  However, I DID just buy a couple of gently used little diapers (6 prefolds, two size 1 Thirsties  Duos, and some little prowrap covers), so maybe that will settle the "baby things itch" for a while.  I should also get out the gender neutral baby things and wash them.  I bet THAT would fix me!

It wasn't until today that I truly realized we don't need anything for this kiddo (although I might pick up some flats :) ) The only thing we have to do is get DD1 a convertible car seat and wash up her infant seat for the baby. 

Jenni- The dryer balls are in lieu of the nasty smelly plastic ones they sell in the store. Basically they put space between the clothing in the dryer and help them dry faster. They also reduce static. The ones I made are wool on the outside and scraps of wool and cotton (from tshirts) on the inside :) Completely recycled and reduced my "trash" scraps to NONE!

DD1 has the poopies today greensad.gif I'm trying to give her lots of diaper free time today, but as good as that is every time I put a diaper on her she poops. So its right back to hurting her tooshy...Hopefully she'll be over it soon.

#322 of 367 Old 04-26-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post

Jenni- The dryer balls are in lieu of the nasty smelly plastic ones they sell in the store. Basically they put space between the clothing in the dryer and help them dry faster. They also reduce static. The ones I made are wool on the outside and scraps of wool and cotton (from tshirts) on the inside :) Completely recycled and reduced my "trash" scraps to NONE!

Is that what those plastic dryer balls are for? We've never used any of those so I'm totally clueless! Our dryer has that fancy sensing technology that tells it when the clothes are dry to the level we want them and it stops itself. Plus, our washing machine gets stuff pretty dry anway (front loader) so they don't take as long to dry. We use an organic laundry detergent that has a natural fabric softener/static reducer built in so we don't use dryer sheets or fabric softener or anything else.

Jenni

#323 of 367 Old 04-26-2011, 03:18 PM

i want to order dryer balls so bad.. but they are pricey in my opinion! I can see how it would help dry a big load more efficently though. Maybe I will just suck it up and buy some :)

#324 of 367 Old 04-26-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post

i want to order dryer balls so bad.. but they are pricey in my opinion! I can see how it would help dry a big load more efficently though. Maybe I will just suck it up and buy some :)

They are pricey! I'm glad I was able to make my own. I may sell off my extras (the left overs of my sweater made 9 balls) to someone who doesn't want to fork out the...$20/PAIR (they recommend 4-6 balls in the dryer for max. effectiveness) if they seem to really work as they should.

Jenni- I wish I had a dryer like that! Would probably save me a ton on electricity!

#325 of 367 Old 04-26-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post

Jenni- I wish I had a dryer like that! Would probably save me a ton on electricity!

The set was expensive but totally worth it. Not only are our clothes cleaner with less wear on them, but we for sure use less water and electricity to do laundry than we used to.

I hope your DD feels better soon and that her bottom doesn't get too raw. Poor baby. :(

Jenni

#326 of 367 Old 04-26-2011, 05:01 PM

Oh my...I may have gone slightly overboard. I decided to check out buying tulle online seeing as it's about $7 a yard (!!) where I live. I found it on sale for $1 for 10 yards, and immediately bought enough to start a factory. I was thinking I could make some more tutus and sell them at the local market for some much needed extra $$. More likely though, it'll sit in our closet as a souvenir of my 3rd trimester nuttiness. orngtongue.gif

#327 of 367 Old 04-26-2011, 05:32 PM

Anybody need to buy anything at BabysrUS tomorrow? I have a 20% coupon! And I really don't need anything!

#328 of 367 Old 04-26-2011, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Jenni, I totally have washer/dryer envy!! The very first thing I will buy should we ever have the extra money is a new fancy set. I probably do around 12 or so loads of laundry a week and a great set of machines would really be of use over here!

Dryer balls are awesome! I used to just use tennis balls but they kind of smelled weird so I actually made my own, too. I haven't used fabric softener in years and for the most part we hang our clothes and diapers, but every once in a while I have to stick things in the dryer and the balls have been a life saver!

MaryElizabeth, you are one hot mama! If I looked that good, I would be plastering my pics all over the internet!I absolutely love that dress you are wearing. I have a couple of really great maternity maxi-dresses that I would love to wear if only the darn weather here would get over 50 degrees. I just love that style on expectant mamas!

Well, I feel much better today. Last night my fever crept up and up and was a little over 101 for a while, then around 3am I woke up drenched in sweat so I knew it had run its course. I opted for the no tylenol route because I just wanted it to work its way through my body and leave. The nausea and vomiting have lingered a bit today, but I am able to hold down fluids and ate a little dinner. Hopefully, tomorrow will bring renewed normalcy!

And Josie, I am with you - I really don't NEED anything for this baby, but I really, really want to splurge on so much! Actually, I would just like to get a few new outfits and some NB diaper covers (I planned on making some but don't think I will get around to it). I have been keeping my eye on Craigslist and here on the trading post and hoping a deal will come my way. A friend lent us her arm's reach co-sleeper so I am really excited to use that this time around. DH is super nervous about letting a baby sleep in bed with us and with the last two he has slept apart from us until I transitioned the babes to their cribs. At least this time he will feel more comfortable staying in our bed during those first few months.

We are having a garage sale this weekend - which I think will end up being more of a headache than anything else. Hopefully we will have nice weather! coolshine.gif

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#329 of 367 Old 04-26-2011, 09:49 PM

Uh oh.... I just went to the bathroom and had blood on the tissue. I'm praying it was just an abrasion of some sort, bc it was bright red. Haven't DTD in over 24 hours, but it could have been that too, right? I haven't had any symptoms other than tons of BH--- normal and bring super tired and having a little bit of an upset tummy this morning. I never really went into labor with DD, so I don't exactly know what this feels like.   I will stop panicking now :)

#330 of 367 Old 04-26-2011, 10:19 PM

Oh, wow, Mary Elizabeth, how scary! Is there a lot? Could it be from like an inflammed 'roid or something?

BFing, bedsharing, toddler wearing, non-circing, vegan mama to the sweetest boy in the world (2/08), wife to my spicy rock star (4/06) and expecting a new family member 6/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page