April showers bring June babies!****April Chat Thread!!***** - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 367 Old 04-29-2011, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DD was 21 inches and I remember thinking, wow... .that's a lot more than I thought it would be. Then they said her head was 14.5 cm and the midwife blurted out-- wow, that was NOT coming out of your 5 cm dilated cervix! hahaha

I hope this baby is smaller than DD! Just for the sole purpose of being able to wear his little diapers and clothes haha :)

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#362 of 367 Old 04-29-2011, 08:24 PM

I think 23 inches is long, but my babies have all been shorties. DS was 20.5 inches, DD was 19.5 inches, and my birthdaughter was 19.5 inches as well. I'm thinking that this baby is going to be short too, but probably fatter than his brother and sisters were.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#363 of 367 Old 04-30-2011, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter

Both my little ones were just under 18 inches!!! We grow small folks over here. DH and I are both on the very short side of the growth chart! For the first few weeks they need preemie clothes because its just not fair to dress them in those huge newborn sizes, lol!

Well, I am finally crawling my way back from the depths of sickness hell. For the first time in 5 days, I was able to eat some food!! And drink some water!! Yay!! I am weak and sore and know my amniotic fluid level has gone down, so hopefully today I can still rest a bit (although it is garage sale weekend over here) and try to increase my calories and water. My SIL is coming by to keep the kids occupied so I can give DH breaks at the garage sale and catch up a little bit on some housework. Everything has kind of gone to hell around here eyesroll.gif

Oh, yeah - the bleach thing - I haven't used it in YEARS but went to a friend's house last week and couldn't figure out what that lovely air freshener scent she had was.... low and behold - bleach! I had not remembered it smelling so good. It reminds me of swimming in the summer at our community pool. I can't use it in the house because, not only the chemical thing, but DH has severe eczema and thinks he might be allergic to it.

Happy weekend everyone!!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#364 of 367 Old 04-30-2011, 07:28 AM

My DS was 18.5 inches and preemie clothes fit him best too!

I'm glad your'e feeling better. Good luck on the garage sale and get some rest.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#365 of 367 Old 04-30-2011, 08:43 PM

i figured it was just in the beginning but have been overly cautious with the bleach just to make sure i'm on the safe side! i have found a new love in cleaners called naturemax or something? i use it at our church to clean the floors and it definitely makes me happy. ^_^

well, i'm just about ready to be done this pregnancy i think. i have some stuff left that i need to do / buy / read but other than that my body is exhausted. i have a horrible pubic bone pain that started a couple days ago, and i just want to kick this cold that i've had for 90 freaking days. ugh. looking forward to having this baby!!!!

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#366 of 367 Old 04-30-2011, 09:37 PM

^^ I hear ya. I've been preaching over and over that I want this baby to stay in because I'm not ready, but after hobbling around all day trying to get stuff done, I've decided it would be easier to go ahead and have him and THEN get stuff done haha.

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#367 of 367 Old 05-01-2011, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter

I started the new chat thread for May: http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1310910/may-we-start-our-countdown-chat-thread-for-may-the-babes-are-almost-here#post_16419991

Can you tell I am anxious for a new month??!!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page