April showers bring June babies!****April Chat Thread!!***** - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 367 Old 04-04-2011, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Snowflake-- I was a waitress while preggers with DD and I found that the men were super sympathetic and the women... not so much. It was weird! Even pregnant women would tip horribly or say snide comments. We had about 10 girls over a year period who were pregnant and they all said the same thing. Maybe it was because I look like I'm 12....shrug.gif

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#62 of 367 Old 04-04-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post

well, except, tbh, i do definitely have times of wanting to have orgasms, but i feel completely fine and prefer taking care of things myself. Sheepish.gif am i the only one??

During pregnancy, I'm quite the opposite. I really prefer the, uh, oomph that he provides. Once I get past the super sleepy first tri, I am a semi nympho until delivery. Hopefully, it's enough to get DH through the long dry spell after the birth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake777 View Post

Work was crazy busy today. I work as a waitress and I've reached the point where customers are starting to feel sorry for me and making sympathetic comments. It's kind of nice actually. I've noticed that strangers (especially women) are generally way nicer to you when you're pregnant. love.gif Anyone else notice this?

My clothes don't fit either. I have the muffin-tops from hell, but I'm hanging in there stubbornly because I'm too cheap to buy new clothes that I'll only be wearing a few weeks.

Which reminds me...I bought a 5-pack of cheap underwear today because my old ones are getting uncomfortably tight. DD found them and exclaimed "Who owns these huge underpants mama? Are they for a giant??" bag.gif

I waitressed all through my pregnancy with DS and LOVED the mad sympathy and accomanying fatty tips. It was even better that I worked part of the time in a late night bar. People feel super awkward being wasted and asking you for more shots when you're gigantically pregnant, so they throw cash at you to alleviate the guilt. I actually considered taking waiting back up just for the pregnancy.

I laughed out loud at the undies comment! Along those lines, I'm trying maternity undies for the first time and I really love them. They are not gigantic at all, quite the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

Also, today is the Ultrasound of Doom, in which we find out if the cord is still wrapped "3-plus times" around the baby's neck. I am, to say the least, a bit anxious about it. I know that even if the cord is wrapped I could possibly have a perfectly normal labour and vaginal birth, but I'd much much rather it weren't.... heck, I'd be thrilled if it were just wrapped once! On the bright side, hopefully we can double-check that the baby is a boy. Mum has been muttering darkly that he'd better be, with all the blue stuff she's been knitting! :p

Eeek. Stalking for an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshannyn519 View Post

If I didn't put absolutely everything into my calendar then I would never get anywhere and nothing would ever get done. I'm to the point where I have to schedule grocery shopping with a note to remember the list! I use Google calendar which syncs to my iPhone. It pops up with reminders for me ahead of time so I have time to get where ever it is.

Sadly, I DID put in on my calendar, just for the wrong date. I need to utilize my Blackberry calendar more. Maybe if I put the date on in the office, I'll get it right. Bleh.

BFing, bedsharing, toddler wearing, non-circing, vegan mama to the sweetest boy in the world (2/08), wife to my spicy rock star (4/06) and expecting a new family member 6/11
#63 of 367 Old 04-04-2011, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Smokering, how was the sono?

No cord! joy.gif

Well, not no cord... that'd be a worry. :p But his neck was completely untangled - and he was vertex, to boot! I'm very pleased. :)

The tech was a lovely, slightly older lady who looked at the form, read "Cord wrapped around neck three times", and said "Psht! Who wrote this? I've been at this game for a while and I've NEVER seen something like this before. People are just worrywarts, they create unnecessary stress..." and continued to grumble pleasantly the whole time about what a silly thing it was, which was very nice to hear! While she was "in" she took some measurements, which are all right on target, and because she had to get photos of the neck to prove it was unobstructed, we ended up with about six really cute photos of the baby's face, which she printed off for us! She was really nice and made me feel a hundred times better about life. :) I appreciate all the well wishes!

DH and I stopped at the new gourmet grocery on the way home and bought a bunch of cheese to celebrate... so I'm gonna go eat that now!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#64 of 367 Old 04-04-2011, 08:19 PM

Ugh, I spent part of the evening in L&D getting checked out for unexplained abdominal pain. 2.0 and I are both fine though. Apparently it is not preterm labor, pre-eclampsia, or a UTI, and I don't show any signs of preterm labor. They didn't really seem to know what it was and blamed it on dehydration, which is as likely as anything else, I suppose (all I had to drink all day was about 6 ounces of coffee). It was weird being there and not being in labor but being theoretically "at risk" for the time being, because none of what I've learned about what to expect or how to deal with the situation applied! My husband said he felt pretty useless, since he's learned that his role is to take physical care of me and keep people from hassling me, and he didn't really need to do either of those things.

#65 of 367 Old 04-05-2011, 04:54 AM

Wow Smokering that's awesome! I bet that eases your mind a lot! Vertex too, woot! Praying baby stays that way so there will be no more worries :)

erigeron -- yes, dehydration can absolutely cause abdominal pain, contractions, pre-term labor (although I understand that wasn't it) and a host of other issues in pregnancy (and even not) so I wouldn't discount that at all for being the reason for your issues. That happened to me in early pregnancy, I didn't drink nearly enough one day and all night I was having pain and what felt like contractions, it was kind of scary but I remember my previous midwife telling me that could happen so I drank a whollllle bunch of water and it went away.

Still, I'm sorry you had to go through that, how scary... but I'm glad everything's okay!

Christ-centered loving wife & mama to 2 miracles! One & one . We live simply and mindfully. Expecting another blessing Feb 2015
#66 of 367 Old 04-05-2011, 06:16 AM

Well, I tried, but I will not make it through this pregnancy without insulin.  mecry.gif I'm supposed to get my appointment scheduled today to learn all about giving myself shots, dosages, etc.  I'm so, so tired of fighting, and most people don't even understand why it's such a big deal to me.  I mean, it's JUST insulin ... ALL diabetics go on insulin during pregnancy.  So, just one more thing that makes me some kind of nutjob.  gloomy.gif

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#67 of 367 Old 04-05-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

No cord! joy.gif

Well, not no cord... that'd be a worry. :p But his neck was completely untangled - and he was vertex, to boot! I'm very pleased. :)

So happy, came here just to check. 

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#68 of 367 Old 04-05-2011, 09:13 AM

Hi ladies,

Just need to vent some more... I already posted in the general pregnancy forum.  I waas so upset after my appointment with my CNM this morning!  She said that I need to gain more weight.  I am at 29 weeks and my fundal height was  measuring 26.  I have gained about 9-10 pounds since the begining of the pregnancy.  This is my second pregnancy and I didn't gain alot with my first, but I gained the average 25 pounds or so by the end of the pregnancy, I dont gain weight easily though.   She also wants to send me for another ultrasound.  She seemed so concerned...I cried all the way home. I dont want to put my baby at risk.  She suggested that I add shakes in between meals with Brewer's yeast in it.  I am not sure if she gave me more reason to be concerned than its supposed to be.  BAby is very active so I beleive he/she is okay.

#69 of 367 Old 04-05-2011, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, wow, mamas - so many of us are having a hard day!!  Erigeron, heathenmom, suazie1 - you are all in my thoughts.  Lots of hugs for healthy moms and babies!!  Suazie - I have only gained about 10 pounds so far this pregnancy, but I usually tend to pack it on in the end.  I am UPing so the only person I have to 'deal' with is myself - and I say I am just fine!  If you are not eating properly or otherwise having issues taking care of yourself (like drug use, smoking, etc...) then there might be cause for concern.  Otherwise, if the baby looks okay and is moving around and the heartbeat is normal, I see no need to worry.  I would look at this next ultrasound as just a simple opportunity to get to see your little baby one more time before delivery!

Smokering - AWESOME NEWS!!!!!  Yay!!  So, so happy for you and the little one!!  How sweet it must feel to let go of that worry!

Annabelle - any news on the farm?

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#70 of 367 Old 04-05-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post

Annabelle - any news on the farm?

I was so distraught last week I couldn't even post. I cried all day Wednesday. I just reached the complete end of my rope. We are doing a new FHA program, borrowing above the house to get the roof redone. Underwriting wanted a paper filled out from the contractor, then they wanted a revision of the appraisal to reflect the roof condition more accurately. It just never ends. Now there is a new "problem" that must be solved that cropped up today that should have been discussed last week or two weeks ago. I am on the verge of madness. 

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#71 of 367 Old 04-05-2011, 05:57 PM

hug2.gif Praying that it will all soon be complete and you will be in your new home with your new baby :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post

I was so distraught last week I couldn't even post. I cried all day Wednesday. I just reached the complete end of my rope. We are doing a new FHA program, borrowing above the house to get the roof redone. Underwriting wanted a paper filled out from the contractor, then they wanted a revision of the appraisal to reflect the roof condition more accurately. It just never ends. Now there is a new "problem" that must be solved that cropped up today that should have been discussed last week or two weeks ago. I am on the verge of madness. 

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#72 of 367 Old 04-05-2011, 06:11 PM

Just popping in before I go to bed. I've been frantically trying to finish an assignment that I left to last minute. I am the queen of procrastination!

Smokering - yippee!! That must feel like a huge weight off your shoulders. The nice tech and cute photos are the icing on the cake. biggrinbounce.gif

heathenmom - You're not a nutjob! Your feelings are totally understandable. hug2.gif

erigeron - I'm sorry you went through that, and I'm glad your baby is still baking. I hope this is your one & only scare. hug2.gif

suazie1 - I'm sorry your CNM freaked you out! hug2.gif If it makes you feel any better, fundal height is one of those measurements that can be highly inaccurate. It's pretty common to measure 3 weeks ahead or behind. 

My measurements & weight gain were very similar with my previous pregnancy, and my daughter was born weighing 3.55kg (not exactly sure what that is in lbs, but it's well over 7, close to 8), and completely healthy. My fundal height measured 30 at 35 weeks, and my total weight gain was 22lbs. People teased me mercilessly about how tiny my belly was, and it hardly grew at all in the last few weeks. I went to several extra ultrasounds to check for growth issues, but everything turned out to be just fine.

Try not to let your CNM's manner get to you. The extra ultrasound is just to be on the safe side. I totally agree with Tracy - enjoy seeing your baby again, and if you're already eating well then don't worry too much about the exact numbers on the scale.

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

#73 of 367 Old 04-05-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:

I missed this before I posted, but loads of hugs for you too... grouphug.gif

#74 of 367 Old 04-05-2011, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Oh my goodness, that totally blows.  In the last week I have watched 2 of DH's contracts (his only 2 contracts, BTW) completely disintegrate because of unrealistic expectations from the title company and/or lender.  It just seems like they are making it so hard on people who want property, are qualified to purchase it, and will be responsible home owners.  I am truly surprised that the banks don't make you give a blood sample with the mortgage application.  Big hugs, mama.  I hope it all works itself out very soon.

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#75 of 367 Old 04-05-2011, 10:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Smokering - yippee!! That must feel like a huge weight off your shoulders.

It really really does! Now it's over I can look at it a bit more rationally and realise that it might have been perfectly OK anyway, but at the time all I could think was "C-section, C-section, C-section". And I'm VERY glad not to be risked out of the birth centre! It's so much nicer than the hospital. Next step: not getting pre-eclampsia again. :p (At least I'm super-lucky and haven't inherited my mother's and aunt's tendency to gestational diabetes. Poor Mum was a crunchyish midwife who had five hospital inductions - and one emergency C-section - due to GD. Doesn't seem fair!)

Mamatoabunch: That all sounds like Greek to me, but I can understand "cried all day" - you poor thing! Hope everything gets sorted out soon!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#76 of 367 Old 04-05-2011, 10:23 PM

OK... when did being pregnant= being an insomniac? I remember not being able to sleep with DD, but this is ridiculous! Eventually, I will be so tired that I will pass out I suppose... Hopefully I can sleep in one day this weekend. Just thought that I would whine about that for a minute... uggggghh. sleeping.gif

#77 of 367 Old 04-05-2011, 11:42 PM

nm

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#78 of 367 Old 04-06-2011, 12:53 AM

Hi all,

Nothing at all to moan about here...the sun is shining, we have met all of our spring cleaning goals: donated 8 bags of clothes and a whole car load of "stuff", sunned/aired all the mattresses, pillows, and rugs, laundered all the big duvets and the sofa cover....plus all the normal cleaning and organizing, such as fridge, oven, etc. This is partially baby-motivated, but also nice since we are moving to the NYC area this summer and want to lesson the stress of a big international move.

Speaking of, we already have the moving company organized and our flights are booked!!! Soooooo exciting, especially as dh's work is sending us business class! Aren't the other business class folks going to love us with our pack of three tiny kids! Haha

I am so happy and so full of gratitude for everything in my life right now. Heartburn and all. :-) xoxo
MaryElizabeth likes this.

Blissed out mama to 3 beautiful boys love.gif LIFE IS GOOD! thumb.gif

#79 of 367 Old 04-06-2011, 03:37 AM

ARGH I am LIVID.

I just realised that DH rode DD to preschool on his bike and didn't bother to put a helmet on her (or himself either). WTF???

I'm so fed up. This is far from the first time he's done something like this. He's so incredibly half-assed when it comes to safety matters. I hate feeling like I can't trust him to be alone with her. greensad.gifCuss.gif

#80 of 367 Old 04-06-2011, 06:07 AM

Like bicycle or motorcycle? Not that either would be ok without a helmet, but one is definitely scarier!

Quote:

ARGH I am LIVID.

I just realised that DH rode DD to preschool on his bike and didn't bother to put a helmet on her (or himself either). WTF???

I'm so fed up. This is far from the first time he's done something like this. He's so incredibly half-assed when it comes to safety matters. I hate feeling like I can't trust him to be alone with her. greensad.gifCuss.gif

#81 of 367 Old 04-06-2011, 06:54 AM

Libi-what? If I say to myself "We will be having sex tonight and it will be fun" and then sit and read naughty magazines for 30 minutes, I can be entreated to enjoy myself. But sex drive of its own motivation? Ha! I just want to talk about kitchen cabinets and work and taxes and infant daycares that I have toured, and sex is about bazillionth on my to-do list. We're planning some for tomorrow night; that should be enough time to consider getting motivated. SO lame. Plus, even though I like my pregnant body, it's impossibly to feel alluring while wearing extra-strength compression stockings to keep my bulgy veins hidden and not uncomfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathenmom View Post

This is our last baby, so I'm trying to really enjoy and focus on the stuff about pregnancy that I love, like feeling all the weird movements and the hiccups and stuff.  That being said, it's hard not to wish it was over already ... the leg cramps and being constantly out-of-breath are killing me, and the absolutely ZERO lack of libido is killing dh. redface.gif  Then again, even if I HAD some kind of drive, I fall asleep at the drop of a hat ... which somehow dh finds offensive?  LOL

#82 of 367 Old 04-06-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post

Like bicycle or motorcycle? Not that either would be ok without a helmet, but one is definitely scarier!

Bicycle, thankfully!

It wouldn't bother me if it were just a random brainfart (we all make the occasional mistake!), but his carelessness is an ongoing issue. Just last week he took DD in his mother's car without a car seat, and he's forever leaving things like medication and big kitchen knives lying easily within her reach. It's always something.

Phew! Now that I'm done ranting, time for a boast:

We just got back from a parent-teacher meeting at DD's preschool. It was very in-depth, and it was interesting to see how she's progressing. She got rave reviews all round, which was wonderful to hear. Her teacher was particularly amazed with her verbal and fine motor skills. She showed us a drawing DD had done and said that she'd never seen anything like it from a child her age. It was a stick man, complete with all the facial features, down to the pupils of the eyes. I was pretty shocked to see it too - she normally just draws random scribbles at home.

The one negative thing was that we found out that all the kids born in 2007 are moving up to the older kids' room after summer. DD was born January 2008, so she's just missed the cut-off. Her best friend was born 2007, so they'll be split up. The two of them are absolutely inseparable, so it'll be hard on them both. It'll be a full year before DD moves up. Until then, she'll be the oldest in her group, which kind of sucks seeing as her teacher had just finished raving about how advanced she is. I don't know, maybe it doesn't matter much at this age. shrug.gif I'm more concerned about her being separated from her BFF.

If only she'd been born a month earlier...

#83 of 367 Old 04-06-2011, 08:48 AM

That's awesome about the preschool review--- not so awesome about the DH being careless. Sometimes I wish that boys got the "mommy gene" too so that they would automatically be ingrained to things like - hearing a baby cry anywhere, anytime... - being able to touch poop/vomit/bodily fluids without gagging... - knowing where every dangerous thing in a room is and how long before the baby can get to it!...-knowing what a toddler's grunts, whines, and cries mean without even having to look up. 

--these are just things that would make leaving DH in charge of DD the same as if it were me.... then again, that would be pretty boring for herenergy.gif<--- Daddy lets her play anywhere and with anything!!!!!!! 

oh and p.s. -- my best friend and I were separated in kindergarten and I was devastated... for about a week until I made my new best friend :) We had been together since birth---literally and did absolutely everything together, I think it was actually good for me to make a new friend, and we are all still friends to this day. ---- She is due 2 days before me too!

Quote:

Bicycle, thankfully!

It wouldn't bother me if it were just a random brainfart (we all make the occasional mistake!), but his carelessness is an ongoing issue. Just last week he took DD in his mother's car without a car seat, and he's forever leaving things like medication and big kitchen knives lying easily within her reach. It's always something.

Phew! Now that I'm done ranting, time for a boast:

We just got back from a parent-teacher meeting at DD's preschool. It was very in-depth, and it was interesting to see how she's progressing. She got rave reviews all round, which was wonderful to hear. Her teacher was particularly amazed with her verbal and fine motor skills. She showed us a drawing DD had done and said that she'd never seen anything like it from a child her age. It was a stick man, complete with all the facial features, down to the pupils of the eyes. I was pretty shocked to see it too - she normally just draws random scribbles at home.

The one negative thing was that we found out that all the kids born in 2007 are moving up to the older kids' room after summer. DD was born January 2008, so she's just missed the cut-off. Her best friend was born 2007, so they'll be split up. The two of them are absolutely inseparable, so it'll be hard on them both. It'll be a full year before DD moves up. Until then, she'll be the oldest in her group, which kind of sucks seeing as her teacher had just finished raving about how advanced she is. I don't know, maybe it doesn't matter much at this age. shrug.gifI'm more concerned about her being separated from her BFF.

If only she'd been born a month earlier...

#84 of 367 Old 04-06-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:

OK... when did being pregnant= being an insomniac? I remember not being able to sleep with DD, but this is ridiculous! Eventually, I will be so tired that I will pass out I suppose... Hopefully I can sleep in one day this weekend. Just thought that I would whine about that for a minute... uggggghh. sleeping.gif

I have this problem too. Except I could sleep all day if I had the opportunity. It's just at night that I'm tossing and turning and unable to fall asleep. Grrr. Last night I was up until 3! Now I'll take a nap with my kid in about an hour and if I could I'd sleep until evening!

Smokering, glad to hear good news from the ultrasound! thumb.gif

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#85 of 367 Old 04-06-2011, 11:26 AM

Not doing so hot here. Wicked stomach bug is really doing me in. I'm having some epigastric pain intermittently, so I'm keeping a close eye on it. Lots of water and some watered down powerade is going down, but every time I try to eat my tummy hurts and I end up regretting it. I just want to sleep through it and wake up all better.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#86 of 367 Old 04-06-2011, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh, stomach bugs are the worst. A month or so before I found out I was pregnant I had the absolute worst stomach 'flu' of my life - kind of made every other sickness I have endured seem like peanuts compared to it. hug.gif Feel better soon!!

I have a UTI and am going to just bite the bullet and take the antibiotics. My SIL is a doctor so she called in a script for me (and ran the culture - so even though she doesn't agree with the UC/UP thing, at least she is loving and kind enough to help out when I need it smile.gif ). I figure this is why my uterus has been so irritable these last few days. I can't wait to feel better.

I have to say that I am definitely one of the *lucky* ones - DH is all about safety!! More so than me, even. His big downfall is temper - he tends to get irritated much quicker than I do and I often find myself having to diffuse the situation when he is faced with a challenging parent-child interaction. We try to be on the same page with discipline and "rules" but sometimes he goes overboard with expectations and I have to remind him that DS is only 3 years old and his impulse control just isn't the same as ours. This is most definitely why I prefer to be with the kids during the day ON MY OWN!! Sometimes I beg him to leave the house so I can have some peace!

Oh, yeah - the insomnia - for me it started last time around 32 weeks. I was literally up until 2 or 3 am every night and wide awake at 6am. I got A LOT of sewing done then!!! The day I gave birth to DD, I literally had no sleep the night before because the contractions started around 2am - and even though they weren't strong, the excitement kept me awake all night.

#87 of 367 Old 04-06-2011, 12:39 PM

Yesterday was a bad day.  One of these got into my apartment, and as I was stalking it with a can of raid it jumped on my head!  No joke, giant spider on my head.  I freaked out!  DH had the car, too, but luckily he volunteered to come home and get me so I could set off a bunch of bug bombs and engage in some retail therapy.  Of course, then DH ended up staying at work til 1:30am, so today I am exhausted.  And every time anything touches my skin I jump and start looking for spiders.

And tomorrow is my glucose screen, which my MW refused to let me cancel.  I'm already feeling bitter about the medical-heavy "natural" practice, so adding sleeplessness and hunger on top of that is not going to make for a pretty appointment.  Before I got pregnant I couldn't understand women who would start hoping to deliver a month before their due date, but at this point, believe me, I get it!  I'm ready to be done being pregnant.  I think I need a nap.  :)

Mommy2Austin, I hope your stomach bug clears up soon!

#88 of 367 Old 04-06-2011, 01:07 PM

My midwife appt yesterday went great! We talked a lot about my birth vision and ideas, her policies. We are so on the same page. My doula (a friend) came with so she could meet my midwife. It is looking like I have a yeast infection and everyone is out of natural ideas to help, even me. Ugh. She took a swab and I said I preferred to wait until it came back to talk about a script. I'm part time miserable, though, so it will be nice to figure out what it is and finally get rid of it. I think I'll continue to take all the stuff I've been taking (GSE, biotin, acidophilus) to try to keep anything else at bay. Hopefully, as someone pointed out, the GSE will be helpful for GBS as well.

BFing, bedsharing, toddler wearing, non-circing, vegan mama to the sweetest boy in the world (2/08), wife to my spicy rock star (4/06) and expecting a new family member 6/11
#89 of 367 Old 04-06-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:

oh and p.s. -- my best friend and I were separated in kindergarten and I was devastated... for about a week until I made my new best friend :) We had been together since birth---literally and did absolutely everything together, I think it was actually good for me to make a new friend, and we are all still friends to this day. ---- She is due 2 days before me too!

That's reassuring to hear. :) How neat that you're due at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post

Not doing so hot here. Wicked stomach bug is really doing me in. I'm having some epigastric pain intermittently, so I'm keeping a close eye on it. Lots of water and some watered down powerade is going down, but every time I try to eat my tummy hurts and I end up regretting it. I just want to sleep through it and wake up all better.

You poor thing, hope it passes quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post

I have to say that I am definitely one of the *lucky* ones - DH is all about safety!! More so than me, even. His big downfall is temper - he tends to get irritated much quicker than I do and I often find myself having to diffuse the situation when he is faced with a challenging parent-child interaction. We try to be on the same page with discipline and "rules" but sometimes he goes overboard with expectations and I have to remind him that DS is only 3 years old and his impulse control just isn't the same as ours. This is most definitely why I prefer to be with the kids during the day ON MY OWN!! Sometimes I beg him to leave the house so I can have some peace!

Oh, yeah - the insomnia - for me it started last time around 32 weeks. I was literally up until 2 or 3 am every night and wide awake at 6am. I got A LOT of sewing done then!!! The day I gave birth to DD, I literally had no sleep the night before because the contractions started around 2am - and even though they weren't strong, the excitement kept me awake all night.

My DH is like that with DD too. He's a great father, but I'm definitely the more patient of the two of us.

I've been sleeping horribly too! The main problem for me is that I sleep in DD's bed and there's not enough room for me & my big ole' belly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikie23 View Post

Yesterday was a bad day.  One of these got into my apartment, and as I was stalking it with a can of raid it jumped on my head!  No joke, giant spider on my head.  I freaked out!  DH had the car, too, but luckily he volunteered to come home and get me so I could set off a bunch of bug bombs and engage in some retail therapy.  Of course, then DH ended up staying at work til 1:30am, so today I am exhausted.  And every time anything touches my skin I jump and start looking for spiders.

It jumped on you?? yikes2.gif I would need therapy after that! Ick ick ick!

I'm having a blood test to check my bile levels tomorrow morning. Last time they were borderline, so I really hope they're more conclusive this time. Ideally in the normal range, but if not then I want them to be just high enough to convince my midwife that I need treatment. If they're borderline again then I'll really have to fight to get her to do anything.

#90 of 367 Old 04-06-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:

I can't sleep either. Mine is largely due to restless leg syndrome (which is simply awful) so I have to dose myself with calcium and magnesium or I can't sleep AT ALL. Calms Forte seems to help too, and there have been a couple of nights where I've added Benadryl because I had gone 4 nights or so in a row without sleep and I was barely functioning. I want to sleep again!!!  You know it's bad when you're looking forward to having a newborn so you can get some sleep. LOL!!

Quote:

ARGH I am LIVID.

That would drive me crazy too! My kids try to get away with not wearing helmets when riding bikes & scooters or skateboarding. I'm such a stickler for this. Mostly because I don't feel like having to care for a child with a severe brain injury for the rest of my life. And I don't want that for either of them either, obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post

Ugh. That blows. I hope you are feeling better soon. I really think that having any kind of GI stuff going on while preggo is the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald_Bull's_Mama View Post

My midwife appt yesterday went great! We talked a lot about my birth vision and ideas, her policies. We are so on the same page. My doula (a friend) came with so she could meet my midwife. It is looking like I have a yeast infection and everyone is out of natural ideas to help, even me. Ugh. She took a swab and I said I preferred to wait until it came back to talk about a script. I'm part time miserable, though, so it will be nice to figure out what it is and finally get rid of it. I think I'll continue to take all the stuff I've been taking (GSE, biotin, acidophilus) to try to keep anything else at bay. Hopefully, as someone pointed out, the GSE will be helpful for GBS as well.

Yay for a good MW appt! Hopefully you'll have the swab results back soon and you'll get some relief. I've only ever had one yeast infection, that I treated with Monistat and then discovered that I was allergic to the Monistat! That was decidedly uncomfortable.

I was at Target today trying to find a little while shrug or light sweater to wear over this dress I found for my friend's wedding. I didn't find the sweater, but I did find a cute, simple and SUPER comfy cotton skirt. It fits over my belly for the time being and will fit under it nicely when I'm bigger. Plus it will fit me after baby is born. It's really lightweight and stretchy too. I think I might have to go back and buy a couple more of these because they are divine. It's not a maternity skirt, it was in the regular ladies' clothing section.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page