April showers bring June babies!****April Chat Thread!!***** - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 05:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MaryE, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and the other stress in your life. I hope it works out soon. I agree with the others that I would be up for hitting Disney. thumb.gif

I am managing to avoid a lot of the tiredness...but I do take naps and I think that helps. I have a lot of trouble FALLING asleep though. My DH was complaining last night that he hadn't been sleeping well and I was like *snort* look at me, I'm restless, itchy, fat, and uncomfortable. Give me a break. lol.gif I also store more iron than most people (I have one of the genes for hemochromatosis) so I luckily don't really have to worry about anemia.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#182 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 07:01 AM

Jenni-- that is such a blessing to have that pic :) I've never had a 3D and always thought they were kinda creepy looking, but yours is so sweet! I love it! Makes me want to go out and get one!!  It would be nice to get another clear shot of this one's turtle bc Ive had multiple dreams where people are telling me it's not really a boy <---super weird and confusing.

MommytoAustin-- yay for your nook!! Better get to sewing some sweet baby things :)

Barefoot-- so jealous of your iron ROTFLMAO.gif

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#183 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post

Barefoot-- so jealous of your iron ROTFLMAO.gif

Yeah it's nice for now...hopefully it just stays on the high side and doesn't become full-blown hemochromatosis in menopause...I'd have to give blood frequently and I HATE that.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#184 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 11:23 AM

MaryElizabeth - I'm so sorry to hear about your mother! How stressful. hug2.gif

Work today was brutal! My pelvic pain was so bad that I was getting irrationally angry with customers, like: "Why do you keep ordering stuff?? Can't you see that I'm in too much pain to be running around after you?!" (I didn't say that out loud, obviously!).

I don't think I can do this much longer. I have a midwife appt tomorrow, so I'll see what she says.

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

#185 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 11:42 AM

Jenni that is wonderful news on the scholarship! Congratulations! How is your ds doing?

I am sorry, I cannot keep up w/ all the other news. I have so much going on as usual. 

Still waiting on farm news this week, after FHA needed more ridiculous paperwork, ugh. 

We got free circus tickets for a small circus that came to town yesterday. It was held to raise money for the food pantry we volunteer for every month. We would never have been able to go otherwise. I hated it, but my kids, most of them anyway, had fun. When I sit I get this burning pain in my groin on the left side. Especially in pews and benches like that. I have never had this before. 

I got a new t-shirt, special ordered from etsy that says eleventh across the top. It cracks me up. 

We worked outside this morning, stacked wood at our tack shed from the front of the house since we don't need a fire going all the time now. Raked up wood, tidied up the tack shed and sorted through tack for our yard sale Saturday. I'm tired!

Dh has our twins at the dmv taking their written test for their permit. I am so praying the pass, but if they do that means I have to start taking them out to drive! Oh my, I feel a little anxious.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#186 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa kamuri View Post

A couple weeks ago my 18mo woke up, unzipped her pajamas, unfastened her diaper cover and took her poop diaper off. I was incredibly grateful that she didn't play with it because the mess was bad enough. I've had a smeary poop fiasco more times than I care to remember. So gross! 

This is a major freak out mom moment for me.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#187 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:

So to make today even sunnier...the doctors have officially said my mom needs a liver transplant. I always knew that this would happen or either I would get the "your mom has passed" phonecall... but to have it happening right now seems surreal. Granted, we have been dealing with her health issues for as long as I've been alive so the news of her being critically ill shouldn't be new to me. For some reason this feels different. Maybe it's because it feels like the end. Or because we are the same blood type.... and livers are hard to get. Especially for a Hepatitis C patient with an alcohol problem and so many other health issues that the survival rate is cut in half. They aren't going to bump her to the top of any lists. I know that everything happens at once, but it would be really nice to not have to worry about 15 other things right now <--- wow, did I really just say that? I have family members dropping like flies, while my sister and uncle are wearing themselves to the bone trying to take care of them and I'm whining bc I want to sit and have everything done for me. Maybe the babe could just stay in for awhile while I get everything taken care of and then come out! I honestly don't know what to do about all of it. And to make things worse... I sat on my butt all day and got no painting done.

Ok, I'm done whining :) Tomorrow will be the *put your big girl panties on and get this taken care of* day. 

p.s. on a slightly lighter note--- MIL called and wants to take us to Disney the first week of August. DS will be 6-7 weeks old. We will be moving cross country 2 weeks later. WWYD??

I am very sorry about your mom. I can understand your feelings, they are normal. 

Disney would be fun! We haven't been since my 4th was 6m/o.

#188 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post

Jenni that is wonderful news on the scholarship! Congratulations! How is your ds doing?

I am sorry, I cannot keep up w/ all the other news. I have so much going on as usual. 

Still waiting on farm news this week, after FHA needed more ridiculous paperwork, ugh. 

We got free circus tickets for a small circus that came to town yesterday. It was held to raise money for the food pantry we volunteer for every month. We would never have been able to go otherwise. I hated it, but my kids, most of them anyway, had fun. When I sit I get this burning pain in my groin on the left side. Especially in pews and benches like that. I have never had this before. 

I got a new t-shirt, special ordered from etsy that says eleventh across the top. It cracks me up. 

We worked outside this morning, stacked wood at our tack shed from the front of the house since we don't need a fire going all the time now. Raked up wood, tidied up the tack shed and sorted through tack for our yard sale Saturday. I'm tired!

Dh has our twins at the dmv taking their written test for their permit. I am so praying the pass, but if they do that means I have to start taking them out to drive! Oh my, I feel a little anxious.

Thank you! DS is doing okay. Not much improvement yet, but today is only day 3 of his program. I get reports on his behavior from during the day and it's always great. Then he gets home and starts mouthing off, talking back, and picking fights with his sister. It's driving me crazy! However, that report form that I get I also fill out for his behavior during the evening and the morning before he goes in. That way they can get an idea of what's going on. I'm hoping that there is some progress made soon. I'm just too irritated and impatient.

I'm sorry to hear that you're still dealing with all the farm financing stuff. I would be totally upset too if I had a purchase that was dragging on like that right before having another baby! And the twins driving! Wow! While scary because you have to not only teach them to drive, but then trust them in the car without you (at some point) I'm sure it will be really nice to have some people that can drive and go to the store if you don't feel like it.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#189 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 03:36 PM

I'm so sorry that this keeps getting dragged out :( I'm sure by now you're over it and numb haha But, hey! One day they will call and say "everything's good, you're approved!" 

.....teaching kids how to drive?? kill me now. My sister just turned 16 and I rode with her once. Why must the radio be at like concert level noise? And why is it cool to drive like a bat out of Hades? ---- ? And when did I get so dorky??? lol.gif

Quote:

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#190 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 03:43 PM

As promised:

Sewing Fun!!

I'm very proud love.gif

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#191 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 03:47 PM

I love the sewing nook! It's so cute and functional! That bib is cute too. :)  How did you sew the sweater arms and such to make it fit you?

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#192 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Sigh.

I think this baby is determined to worry me into an early grave. MW came over today for my 32-week visit, and apparently my fundal height is 31 weeks, which is the same as it was two weeks ago, when I was 30 weeks. So now she's a bit concerned about the baby's growth. I have to book another ultrasound for Thursday afternoon; she'll come over Thursday morning and check, and if my fundal height has risen we'll cancel the appointment, but if it hasn't I can get checked out speedily. DD was 8 pounds 7, and apparently this baby at the last scan was growing according to the 40th percentile - which sounded just fine to me, but apparently they calculate growth percentiles much more individually these days, based on maternal height, weight and ethnicity and the weights of previous babies (DD was biggish at 8 pounds 7), so this baby maybe "should" be a bit bigger. Plus, apparently, women who've had pre-e often have slightly sub-par placentas and don't grow babies as big; and as far as we know I don't have pre-e this time, but my MW said it was a factor to keep in the back of her mind.

She said not to worry too much - that I could have just had a growth spurt a few weeks ago followed by a plateau - but still, ANOTHER ultrasound? And then we had a charming conversation about inducing the baby early if he has IUGR, and the likelihood of a vaginal birth, and how long he'd have to stay in the NICU, and pumping for preemies. None of which sounds fun. Arrgh.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#193 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

Sigh.

I think this baby is determined to worry me into an early grave. MW came over today for my 32-week visit, and apparently my fundal height is 31 weeks, which is the same as it was two weeks ago, when I was 30 weeks. So now she's a bit concerned about the baby's growth. I have to book another ultrasound for Thursday afternoon; she'll come over Thursday morning and check, and if my fundal height has risen we'll cancel the appointment, but if it hasn't I can get checked out speedily. DD was 8 pounds 7, and apparently this baby at the last scan was growing according to the 40th percentile - which sounded just fine to me, but apparently they calculate growth percentiles much more individually these days, based on maternal height, weight and ethnicity and the weights of previous babies (DD was biggish at 8 pounds 7), so this baby maybe "should" be a bit bigger. Plus, apparently, women who've had pre-e often have slightly sub-par placentas and don't grow babies as big; and as far as we know I don't have pre-e this time, but my MW said it was a factor to keep in the back of her mind.

She said not to worry too much - that I could have just had a growth spurt a few weeks ago followed by a plateau - but still, ANOTHER ultrasound? And then we had a charming conversation about inducing the baby early if he has IUGR, and the likelihood of a vaginal birth, and how long he'd have to stay in the NICU, and pumping for preemies. None of which sounds fun. Arrgh.

I was always under the impression that fundal height could change rapidly based on baby's positioning. Hoping your little one is just tucked up into your back somewhere and making you worry for nothing.

Took my cousin who is 9 weeks pregnant to a local birth circle type meeting yesterday. It was eye opening for her, I think. She was utterly mortified at the women breastfeeding in it, all I could do was laugh and tell her it was natural. Still, I think she learned a lot, so that is good.

That sewing nook is so cute! I am envious.

Hubby is nesting like mad today, fixing up lots of small projects before the baby gets here. For some reason I find him irresistible when he is doing stuff like that around the house.
#194 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:

Sigh.

Wow, that sounds like overkill.

#195 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:

Wow, that sounds like overkill.

My gosh, I have to agree! I'm so sorry for this stress. hug2.gif

I see midwives who, because of the laws in my state, are pretty strictly managed. I just measured 33w @ 31w and all she said was "That's normal." 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#196 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 07:19 PM

I know, right? Intellectually I think she's probably being way overcautious. Unfortunately, my intellect isn't necessarily ruling the roost these days. :p It doesn't take much to send me into a fit of depression.

The baby was vertex and anterior at both measurements, so I can't blame it on positioning (although I guess there could still have been subtle differences?). She did say that using a different tape measure could yield different results, though - she forgot hers today and had to use my sewing one.

I miss my old midwife! I don't dislike this current one, but my previous MW and I really clicked. And I suspect she would have been a bit more zen about this fundal height thing.

#197 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshannyn519 View Post

I love the sewing nook! It's so cute and functional! That bib is cute too. :)  How did you sew the sweater arms and such to make it fit you?

The arms of the sweater were huge to begin with. I cut both of them off from pit to shoulder. Then  I cut the last ~4 inches of the sleeve/cuff off and used it for my new sleeve. As for the sweater itself, I turned it inside out and did a 3 zig zag stitch 4.5 inches in from the sides and then trimmed off the excess. I just made sure I measured everything (myself and the sweater) so that it would fit when I was done :)

I did some hand embroidery on the bibs for my friends SN daughter. WOW is that time consuming! I'm giving my eyes a rest for today and will probably work on my strapless sun dress for myself and the washable g-tube button pads for my friend tomorrow.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#198 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:

I know, right? Intellectually I think she's probably being way overcautious. Unfortunately, my intellect isn't necessarily ruling the roost these days. :p It doesn't take much to send me into a fit of depression.

The baby was vertex and anterior at both measurements, so I can't blame it on positioning (although I guess there could still have been subtle differences?). She did say that using a different tape measure could yield different results, though - she forgot hers today and had to use my sewing one.

I miss my old midwife! I don't dislike this current one, but my previous MW and I really clicked. And I suspect she would have been a bit more zen about this fundal height thing.

My last two pregnancies (all managed by my current midwife) I *always* measured 3-4 weeks ahead. This pregnancy? I'm measuring right on target. If you were measuring 28 weeks at 32 weeks or 40 weeks at 32 weeks I'd be concerned. Plus the fact that she used a DIFFERENT tape measure is enough to have me shake my head. No worries mama!

#199 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Plus the fact that she used a DIFFERENT tape measure is enough to have me shake my head.

See, MW said that too, but I don't get it. Isn't the point of tape measures that they're... you know... standardised?

Anyway, I've officially decided not to worry about it. Bah to fundal heights, I say.

#200 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:

See, MW said that too, but I don't get it. Isn't the point of tape measures that they're... you know... standardised?

Anyway, I've officially decided not to worry about it. Bah to fundal heights, I say.

Bah indeed!

So funny story. I sewed one of my sleeves on inside out...ROTFLMAO.gifI just noticed it. Thankfully you can barely tell, because its not worth ripping it off to fix it.

#201 of 367 Old 04-13-2011, 10:03 PM

I agree that sounds a little.. .whoa to me! All that for a fundal height measurement that is barely off? sheesh!

#202 of 367 Old 04-14-2011, 01:04 AM

Anyone else finding it impossible to sleep?!  My mind won't shut off.  I need to ban myself from the computer in the evenings so I don't get thinking about things.

I had a lot of uncomfortable contractions today and they were making me nervous.  I'm fine now, but it's making me a little paranoid about preterm labour what-ifs.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#203 of 367 Old 04-14-2011, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, Smokering, I wouldn't worry about fundal height - especially since you are measuring close to your dates.  I mean, if you were measuring 25 and you were 30 weeks, I might feel wonky about that.  It really isn't a great indication of fetal growth.  And also keep in mind that ultrasound at this point in pregnancy does not give you an accurate weight of the baby - it can check the placenta and fluid levels but it is always off when it comes to weight.  With DS, the ultrasound I had right before my section at 35 weeks said he would be about 6 pounds.  He was 4 # 9oz.  Huge difference.  As for the pre-e stuff, hopefully that all stays in the past where it belongs. 

I measured my fundal height yesterday and last time it was 26 and this time it was 28, and I am almost 30 weeks.  Bah!!  

Oh my gosh, Mommy2Austin, I have has some of the worst sewing disasters lately!  I actually had to walk away from my machine for a few weeks because everything was coming out backwards, upside down, inside out, etc...!!!!  

Annabelle, I cannot even imagine what it must be like to have to teach your teens to drive!! Yikes! dizzy.gif  I taught an adult friend and it was, well... let's just say, interesting.  Good luck, mama.  I have a feeling that the girls will do marvelously!  And as to the FHA... well... biggest pain in the behind ever.  It is a lot more work to get an FHA loan, but worth it if it all works out.  It WILL end, mama!  And it will end with a beautiful, new farm only a few hours from me!  Maybe someday we can have a gathering! smile.gif

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#204 of 367 Old 04-14-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weliveintheforest View Post

Anyone else finding it impossible to sleep?!  My mind won't shut off.  I need to ban myself from the computer in the evenings so I don't get thinking about things.

I've had that problem for ages and it's terrible! The cal & mag supplements that I take each night to make the RLS stop seem to help my brain shut down as well. Have you tried melatonin?

Jenni

#205 of 367 Old 04-14-2011, 07:44 AM

Oh mercy... last night I was still up--mind racing, at 1 am so I desperately took a shot of benadryl.... ummmmm my legs and nerves went crazy!! It was like RLS on crack!!!! I am sore this morning from jumping around so much!! So much for that option. I am officially dead tired today. I barely could function enough to make DD breakfast... poor child, she's been stuck alone with me for days now dizzy.gif

Anyone know how to make banda bibs??   http://www.bazzlebaby.com/catalog.php?category=6

I'm wondering if I can make them no sew--- like use hem tape and the glue on velcro, or just hand sew on the velcro? I suppose it wouldn't have the "waterproof" layer that I love so much for drooly babies.... 

I can't pay $10 for a bib. that's ridiculous!

#206 of 367 Old 04-14-2011, 09:34 AM

Smokering - I can only echo what everyone else said regarding the fundal height. I had the same thing (though I was measuring 5 weeks behind) last pregnancy and DD was born 3.55kg and 100% healthy. I know it's hard not to worry, but I'm sure everything will be fine. hug2.gif

I had my midwife appt today. I told her how much pain I've been in, and she made an appt with a doctor next week who can write me a note so that I can stop working. On one hand I'm majorly relieved, but on the other I'm nervous about telling my bosses. I know they'll be none too thrilled, even though they've known for a while that it was a possibility. I also have to ask them how many sick days I have left, which could complicated seeing as they're hopeless when it comes to keeping track of things like that. Anyway...wish me luck!

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

#207 of 367 Old 04-14-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:

Oh mercy... last night I was still up--mind racing, at 1 am so I desperately took a shot of benadryl.... ummmmm my legs and nerves went crazy!! It was like RLS on crack!!!! I am sore this morning from jumping around so much!! So much for that option. I am officially dead tired today. I barely could function enough to make DD breakfast... poor child, she's been stuck alone with me for days now dizzy.gif

Anyone know how to make banda bibs??   http://www.bazzlebaby.com/catalog.php?category=6

I'm wondering if I can make them no sew--- like use hem tape and the glue on velcro, or just hand sew on the velcro? I suppose it wouldn't have the "waterproof" layer that I love so much for drooly babies.... 

Wow those are ridiculous... You probably could make them no sew, but I'm not sure how they would hold up in the wash that way. As far as sewing them, they'd be uber simple to make with very little sewing. Even if you hand sewed the entire thing.

#208 of 367 Old 04-14-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post

Annabelle, I cannot even imagine what it must be like to have to teach your teens to drive!! Yikes! dizzy.gif  I taught an adult friend and it was, well... let's just say, interesting.  Good luck, mama.  I have a feeling that the girls will do marvelously!  And as to the FHA... well... biggest pain in the behind ever.  It is a lot more work to get an FHA loan, but worth it if it all works out.  It WILL end, mama!  And it will end with a beautiful, new farm only a few hours from me!  Maybe someday we can have a gathering! smile.gif

Thanks Tracy. It is a horrendously run program, but our only avenue for this farm. My girls want to go to some concerts in Chicago this summer, praying it all happens and we could the meet!

They failed the written test and cannot go retest for 8 days, ugh!

#209 of 367 Old 04-14-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:

Those look no sew doable, except you'd be without a PUL backing or anything waterproof. I agree they are adorable though.

I am seconding or thirding the falling asleep problems. I had pretty severe insomnia for two nights, then had hubby read me a Hypnobabies script on night three and slept like a baby. I guess I just needed help shutting my brain off, but really there's a million things to think about these days.

Just found out yesterday that my MIL who was planning to fly out and stay with us for a week around the time of the birth has decided to drive out here with my FIL instead. My DH is thrilled, and really, I adore my inlaws but now I'm freaking out. They are pretty conservative people and I told DH that with getting into the groove of breastfeeding I would not be a good hostess. He is ridiculously optimistic about it and just tells me he will handle everything. I tried to convey to him that there were other things I was going to be needing him to handle postpartum besides entertaining his parents and that we would not be on a normal sleep schedule but he doesn't get it. greensad.gif Then I tried to explain I'd be nursing all the time and he was like "well my dad might be uncomfortable with seeing a boob, but he won't say anything and he'll deal." I told him, "forget your dad, *I* won't be comfortable with it." Again, he just thinks it's all going to work out.

Maybe I am being too negative, this is my first baby, so I don't know. If I put my foot down, I know he would respect that but I really don't want to. I also can't think of a better time for them to visit. DH has 4 weeks off, I'm assuming the majority of that will be the same getting the hang of BFing, no sleep thing. And it would suck if they came after he goes back to work and I had to entertain them for 12-14 hours of every day for a week while juggling an infant. Meh. And asking them to stay in a hotel is not an option. greensad.gif So I guess I'm just going to have to hope for the best.
#210 of 367 Old 04-14-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moppet View Post

Quote:

Those look no sew doable, except you'd be without a PUL backing or anything waterproof. I agree they are adorable though.

I am seconding or thirding the falling asleep problems. I had pretty severe insomnia for two nights, then had hubby read me a Hypnobabies script on night three and slept like a baby. I guess I just needed help shutting my brain off, but really there's a million things to think about these days.

Just found out yesterday that my MIL who was planning to fly out and stay with us for a week around the time of the birth has decided to drive out here with my FIL instead. My DH is thrilled, and really, I adore my inlaws but now I'm freaking out. They are pretty conservative people and I told DH that with getting into the groove of breastfeeding I would not be a good hostess. He is ridiculously optimistic about it and just tells me he will handle everything. I tried to convey to him that there were other things I was going to be needing him to handle postpartum besides entertaining his parents and that we would not be on a normal sleep schedule but he doesn't get it. greensad.gif Then I tried to explain I'd be nursing all the time and he was like "well my dad might be uncomfortable with seeing a boob, but he won't say anything and he'll deal." I told him, "forget your dad, *I* won't be comfortable with it." Again, he just thinks it's all going to work out.

Maybe I am being too negative, this is my first baby, so I don't know. If I put my foot down, I know he would respect that but I really don't want to. I also can't think of a better time for them to visit. DH has 4 weeks off, I'm assuming the majority of that will be the same getting the hang of BFing, no sleep thing. And it would suck if they came after he goes back to work and I had to entertain them for 12-14 hours of every day for a week while juggling an infant. Meh. And asking them to stay in a hotel is not an option. greensad.gif So I guess I'm just going to have to hope for the best.

I would tell DH that his parents= his problem. You should NOT have to entertain anyone. If he's working, then they can entertain themselves or *scoff* help do stuff around the house for you. I would say if you are worried about feeling uncomfortable breastfeeding in front of FIL (or anyone, which I totally understand) I would set yourself up a nice little nook in your house away from everyone that you can nurse in peace. Have your comfiest chair there with books, magazines, snacks and bottles of water. That way you can be comfortable and anyone that chooses to come see you does so at their own risk of some boobage :)  I will say even with being modest outside of the house, my house is just that. MINE. So if you don't want to deal with the possibility of seeing me half naked, then you don't come over. I would make sure DH makes it very clear to his parents that they are welcome to come over, but that they are not *guests* to be catered to.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page