The "Mama Motivation" Thread! - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 178 Old 05-25-2011, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

updating....

i feel like the list is looking good. really there is nothing left that is hanging over me. everything on here can be done after the babe comes, if necessary. love.gifbiggrinbounce.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post

work-related:

• finalize student reports (sent a handful off to be proofread; still need to finish up another handful and send those early next week)
  • finish writing student birthday verses (worked on but did not finish; still have two more to write. try to get them done today)
  • set up new student interview (interviewed and accepted)
  • meet with another potential new student next tuesday, if i haven't gone into labor by then
  • make final edits to my student reports and print
  • handwrite students' birthday verses on fancy paper

mama/baby-related:

• go to dr. appt. on wednesday (rescheduled for next friday, omg i will be 38 weeks almost!)
  • buy peri irrigation bottle. where the heck do i get one??
  • ob appointment on thursday
  • buy diaper pail
  • buy doula gift

home-related:

• plant tomatoes (actually this should read: get dh to dig the hole)
  • buy and plant vegetables in barrels (waiting for next paycheck. hehe)
  • make sure dh hires carpet cleaners
  • plant new tomato plant that we just got last night at the farmer's market
  • paint the entryway walls

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#152 of 178 Old 05-25-2011, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Whew! Just ordered my nappies online... finally! I got 4 PUL covers, a dozen Workhorse Fitteds in the yellow edge size, a dozen Cloth-Eez prefolds and a wool wrap. I didn't follow your advice to the letter, MaryElizabeth, 'cause I have some pocket nappies I can't quite bear to give up on. Hence the dozen prefolds - I'm hoping that with decent inners (and maybe even PUL covers over the top?), they'll work better than they did with DD. I hope so, because I only got a dozen fitteds, not 15-20. Yelp! And I couldn't afford the Disana or Lanacare wool wrap - yikes, those are expensive! - so I just got a "Little Beetle" wool cover. Anyone have any experience with those?

I hope it'll all work out OK. *chews fingers nervously* I can always tweak the system for the next size up anyway, right? I wonder how long they'll take to ship to NZ.

I also bought a chest of drawers online for the baby. Can't wait until it gets here and I can get his clothes all sorted out! My friend lent me a bunch of newborn baby stuff - I have to lay it all out on the floor and take a photo, so I know what to give back once her baby's born. (Cunning idea, no? She did it when I lent her some girly clothes for her last baby.) Then I can repack my birthing centre bag... right now it's packed with 0-3 month stuff because I didn't have any newborn stuff, and I suspect WAY too many outfits (given that we live, like, 3 minutes away from the birthing centre, and DH can always pop home to get another onesie!).

My big to-do item in the next two days is to finish writing an article, about which I'm feeling tremendously uninspired. Also, not to die of the flu.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#153 of 178 Old 05-25-2011, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Yay! I love getting diapers in the mail haha    And don't worry Smokering-- I have pocket diapers too :) I love them!  I have heard good things about the Little Beetles cover-- you will have to let me know how you like it! I hope that you like the diapers as much as I do :)

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#154 of 178 Old 05-25-2011, 08:47 PM

Arrrgh.

"We are very sorry, but Green Mountain Diapers does not ship internationally (except for prefolds on our Canada page).  Therefore, your recent order will not be processed.  Please be assured that the pending charge to your credit card has been voided."

#155 of 178 Old 05-25-2011, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

Arrrgh.

"We are very sorry, but Green Mountain Diapers does not ship internationally (except for prefolds on our Canada page).  Therefore, your recent order will not be processed.  Please be assured that the pending charge to your credit card has been voided."

OMG! what?? Want me to order them and mail them to you??? haha

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#156 of 178 Old 05-26-2011, 12:27 AM

Naw, that's OK. I just wish they'd told me before going through the entire checkout process (twice, 'cause their server crashed...) - they had a space on the form for international shipping, so grrrr.

I went on TradeMe just now (kind of a NZ version of ebay) and bought some second-hand fitted nappies for a very reasonable sum; and SIL lent me some spare inners/doublers that might work in the pocket nappies. So maybe I just need some more prefolds and a few wraps... I can probably cobble together a stash. It just isn't as exciting as getting a big lot in the mail. :p

#157 of 178 Old 05-26-2011, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

That stinks :( But hey! It looks like you are going to have a good stash anyway... and thats what matters :) Sorry that you didn't get your big box of excitement ---- it's probably a little weird we are excited over diapers anyway...

#158 of 178 Old 05-28-2011, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

I cleaned out the van today--- eww! Who knew it could be THAT nasty?? I mean... eww. It took me 2 hours. And I could probably go over everything one more time. 

#159 of 178 Old 05-28-2011, 03:02 PM

Good for you! We've only had our car for a few months, and it's already getting a tad skanky. Lots of receipts floating around, and I'm sure DD has lost a bunch of spoons around the back seat. I should make DH do it, though - I don't think I'm up to vacuuming a car.

I did finally finish the buttonholes on the little white baby shirt yesterday, so that's one more garment done (albeit one the baby won't be able to wear until he's, like, one...). I also made DH a pennant to hang on his office wall, which wasn't really on my to-do list; but hey, it's done, so I'll count it!

#160 of 178 Old 05-28-2011, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

The sad thing is... we've only had it about 6 months too! I need to stop giving DD so many snacks back there. It was like a grocery store haha

My hubby is working like a mad man getting things done--- it's AMAZING! My dad was suppose to paint all the doors yesterday-- but it RAINED. yeah. I am praying that we can get that done this weekend. Although a working master bath would be nice again..... I'm pretty much over everything. I don't think my brain can even compute the feelings of stress anymore-- I am officially numb dizzy.gif

DD's party is in a week-- thankfully I only need to pick up a few things for the meal and then drive 2 hours to the beach house and let my MIL and sister take over while I DON'T go into labor! haha

I gotta dye the rest of my fitteds and blankets soon--- also- gotta lanolize my wool! At least those are kind of fun things instead of say, grouting tile??

#161 of 178 Old 05-28-2011, 07:00 PM

Driving for two hours? Eush, that doesn't sound fun.

I feel inexplicably motivated today. Just popped a big apple cake in the oven for my sister's birthday afternoon tea, and made DH help me look through all DD's old baby clothes and pick out the boyish ones. Some of them are pretty stained - I put them on to soak, then realised we don't have any stain-removal soaky stuff. Oh well, they can chill out in a bucket until I buy some. What works well for old baby stains?

Bullied our flatmate into harvesting all our pumpkins yesterday, and I'm in the mood for steaming them all and turning them into pumpkin bread (sweet and savoury), muffins and soup. Unfortunately I won't have time this afternoon, and I'll probably be too zonked this evening. Bah.

I'm gonna go count all the nappies. :p

#162 of 178 Old 05-28-2011, 07:43 PM

Smokering, I like Oxyclean or oxygen bleach for stains.  I soak them for several days too.  I used to get horrible blowouts with DD (pre-cloth diaper days) and I had nasty stains all the time.  Oxyclean did great with that without fading the colors in the clothes.  Also, it seems so odd to be harvesting pumpkins in May! :)

I've been motivated too, but swelling feet and regular BH when I move are definitely slowing me down!  I washed the car and vacuumed it out yesterday.  I've checked off some major things off of my to-do list since I last posted on here and (mostly) kept up with the housework.  My problem is the list just keeps on going!  If I have EVERYTHING checked off, I know there will be other things I feel desperately need to be done.  Oh well!  I am just hoping for a gentle and reasonable length labor and a beautiful post partum.  Maybe I won't feel completely helpless after the baby comes.  Maybe I won't care about anything else.  But I am PRETTY SURE that I won't have this crazy nesting!  That makes me want to get up and keep doing while the doing is good!

ETA: Before I go into labor, though, I would like to:

--Clean the birth pool, buy a faucet/hose adapter, a fish net, and a siphon

--Gather appropriate labor/birth food

--Sew Bassinet skirt and doll sling for DD

--Rig up a mattress cover for the co-sleeper from the cotton quilt batting I bought

--Maybe write some thank you notes?

After I go into labor, I want to make sure:

--The kitchen sink and dishwasher are empty

--The bed is made up with waterproof covers

--The washer and dryer are empty

--Birth Supplies are laid out for my midwife

--Fresh fruit, veggies, and cheese are cut up and available for myself and my birth team

--RRL infusion w/ honey and Laborade are made for myself to drink

DH can mess with the pool!  And any of these things can be handed off to others if the labor is too intense or fast!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#163 of 178 Old 05-29-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieAK View Post

After I go into labor, I want to make sure:

--The kitchen sink and dishwasher are empty

--The bed is made up with waterproof covers

--The washer and dryer are empty

--Birth Supplies are laid out for my midwife

--Fresh fruit, veggies, and cheese are cut up and available for myself and my birth team

--RRL infusion w/ honey and Laborade are made for myself to drink

DH can mess with the pool!  And any of these things can be handed off to others if the labor is too intense or fast!

i have a list running in my head for when labor starts...

• clean the master bath toilet
  • take a shower and wash my hair
  • make up the bed with waterproof layer
  • send someone to the store to get missing ingredients for the baby's birthday cake, which dd will bake
  • call the placenta encapsulation goddess
  • have dh turn up the water heater
  • and i just added the making of laborade, which i stole from josie (thank you!)

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#164 of 178 Old 05-29-2011, 01:42 PM

Well, I peeled and cut up two whole pumpkins yesterday (and just as well, they were starting to go a bit icky on the bottom... I should really look up the proper way to store pumpkins). It made enough for two pumpkin loaves, a huge batch of pumpkin soup, and enough mash for at least two savoury loaves of pumpkin bread. And I have plenty of other pumpkins to use up too! It's a pity you can't freeze pumpkin pie... at least, maybe you can, but I doubt mine would taste good afterwards. Maybe I could whizz up the pumpkin pie filling and freeze that... although, what are the chances of me having the oomph even to make a pie-crust and defrost the filling after I give birth? Not great. Hmm. I just found recipes for pumpkin muffins and pumpkin gingerbread - anyone have any other recipes that are awesome?

Today my to-do list is:

-Ring J to invite her over on Wednesday night

-Go to the library with DD

-Go to the supermarket and buy Oxyclean (thanks Josie!)

-Have Spanish lesson (sigh - haven't done ANY homework for about two weeks)

-Henna hair

-Start/make pumpkin bread (savoury)

-Process more pumpkin if possible

-Sew something. It should be finishing DD's owl dress, but I feel strangely inclined to start making yet another little button-down baby shirt, so... whatever.

#165 of 178 Old 05-29-2011, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for putting more things on my list! haha I love the Laborade idea!!!!! --> definiely need to bring that with me to the hospital. I hate that all they offer is water, soda, or fake juice. I need a lot of hydration and I'm picky about my water so I end up trying to mix juice with it or drinking soda--- eek!

I HAVE to finish up the last projects before the babe gets here like  -dyeing diapers, painting his dresser, washing the rest of his blankets and sheets, etc. None of these things are MUST haves, but I want to get as much does as possible so I can RELAX when he gets here! 

-DD's party is really sneaking up on me! I still need to make a big store run for the last few odds and ends, but just thinking about hosting all of these people for 2 days is making me sleepy sleeping.gif

I have already packed my bag for the hospital, and the housekeeper is coming again on Tuesday to help me clean up after all the construction mess we made this weekend. I think I will schedule her to come again while I'm in the hospital so that when I come home, I KNOW everything will be clean. My in-laws will be staying with DD and while they aren't "dirty" they are "messy" and they like to put stuff everywhere. It's nice that they can make themselves at home, but also a little nerve racking that they kind of take over. <--- this is my controlling, crazy, neat freak coming out haha

We are having our carpets cleaned on Thursday-- yay! Nothing like fresh carpet! And I need to call a plumber to install the shower faucet that DH can't. It's my fault really, I didn't order the right parts Sheepish.gif Other than that, we have painting and little things to finish. Nothing that will be staring over me and that DH can't do while he is home with me for two weeks on paternity leave. Gotta give the man something to do to get him out of my hair! haha

P.S. I really wanted to clean our down comforters and wanted to know if there is any other option than the dry cleaners? I just hate having to make another trip and spend $50 to have them cleaned, but I also can't stand NOT cleaning them!

#166 of 178 Old 05-30-2011, 12:56 AM

I'm glad the Laborade idea was a hit! I was excited as well.  So much nicer than the "natural Gatorade" type stuff I drank last labor, I hope!

MaryElizabeth, about the comforters, goodness.  I don't know.  Have you looked into a Dryell type product that you can dry clean yourself using your dryer?  I totally understand your desire to clean them, but I would be a tad hesitant about the dry cleaning chemicals unless you had a source you trusted.  I hope you find a good solution!

I came home from church with regular BH, but I am pretty sure I was just dehydrated.  Still, while I guzzled my RRL tea, I straightened the master bath and bedroom, sorted all the laundry and started a load, emptied and loaded the dish washer, and picked up things around the house.  Whew!  I did that in about an hour and my BH stopped. 

I really need to get a fire under myself to focus on the Birth Pool and Sewing.  I think I will feel SO much better when I do, but I think DH and I are going to go on a date afternoon tomorrow, while DD stays with Grandma, and enjoy his day off while we are not parents of a newborn. smile.gif

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#167 of 178 Old 05-30-2011, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post

P.S. I really wanted to clean our down comforters and wanted to know if there is any other option than the dry cleaners? I just hate having to make another trip and spend $50 to have them cleaned, but I also can't stand NOT cleaning them!

Crashing from the July DDC (you all are such good role models in this motivational thread! I can't seem to get it together to finish my own nesting...). 

re: down comforters, ymmv, but I have always washed them in the machine about once a year / once every six months (cold water, gentle detergent) and then dried in the dryer with tennis balls. It has always worked well for me, and did not noticeably diminish the life of the comforters. BUT I think this might be a risky move for some. Another option, for the weak of heart, is to throw them in the dryer on air/fluff with some tennis balls after a solid spritzing with some BacOut...

My washing method is similar to the one described here:

http://www.re-nest.com/re-nest/how-to/how-to-wash-a-down-comforter-105347

#168 of 178 Old 05-30-2011, 02:34 PM

Right. Well, today I have a MW appointment, and then singing group tonight. And I probably need to buy some groceries for our flatmate to cook dinner tonight. So...

-Buy groceries

-MW appointment

-Spanish practice

-Hypnobabies practice (preferably with DH)

-Shape and bake the pumpkin bread

-Ring J about coming over tomorrow

-Wash soaked baby clothes; put on batch of whites to soak as well

-Sew something

-Write Suite article

-Send off invoice for homebirth article

ETA: First batch of pumpkin bread is in the oven! I decided to be a good mummy today, and took DD out to the playground on the way back from my MW visit. She loved it. I should really do it more often... I know there are mothers out there who go to the playground every single day, but clearly they are more awesome than I am. :p Am trying to arrange a playdate with SIL and her kids tomorrow though, so that could be another playground opportunity.

#169 of 178 Old 05-30-2011, 07:56 PM

My list has totally been forgotten about! However, I do have some things I HAVE to take care of in the next couple of days.

1. Finish application for nursing scholarship, including finding someone that can write a recommendation letter for me in one day! Yikes!

2. Pick up the other recommendation letter from my advisor at school

3. Clean the kitchen. It's a disaster from dinner tonight.

4. Finish the laundry. The end is in sight! (for now)

5. Call the chiropractor and figure out why they're charging me a copay of $23 when my insurance company says it should be $17 per visit. That $6 difference adds up for how many visits I've had!

6. MW appt tomorrow afternoon

7. Reinstall the car seat in my car. I had to take it out to fit my sister's kids' car seats in the back.

8. Pack the rest of my hospital bag with the things that I'm not currently using so that I'm more prepared to go than I am now.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#170 of 178 Old 05-30-2011, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the input about the comforters! I sadly didn't even think about the chemicals used for dry cleaning....blush.gif   They won't fit into my top loader --- or really my dryer either! Maybe I can soak them in my bathtub then hang them to dry........ 

I woke up this afternoon-- yes, afternoon :) DH let me sleep in after being up all night! It was amazing :) He worked hard this weekend, but we still didn't get everything accomplished. I think I have come to grips that the house just won't be finished when the baby gets here. Thankfully the only super annoying thing is the shower not being usable right now, but as soon as the part arrives in the mail, I am calling a plumber to come finish! Most everything else is painting.... <--- this will never end. 

I ran errands all day-- by myself! It was so nice!!! Although when I came home, I could tell DH was really glad to have me back and in charge of crazy DD energy.gif

I have everything I need for DD's party, except for the food. Just gotta try on my dresses and see what fits! Hoping that I can finish up my little projects this week, like making pillow covers, dyeing diapers, and painting the baby's dresser. 

So happy to see that everyone is getting everything done! Now, we can all relax and wait for these little babes to pop out! Can't wait to relax and nest in with my 3 loves (and all the family that will be visiting haha)

#171 of 178 Old 05-30-2011, 08:43 PM

MaryElizabeth: What colours are you dyeing the diapers?

I think my stash is pretty good now. I realised I needed a few more covers and went to buy some, but the covers were $17.99 each, and for $16.99 I could get a pack with a cover *and* two inners, on sale. So I got three of the latter, and now I have four covers, heaps of fitted nappies and a bunch of inners to boot. Yay! They're cute, too. :)

Tomorrow our chest of drawers is meant to arrive, so I can finally put away all the baby clothes. I'm looking forward to it!

#172 of 178 Old 05-31-2011, 02:08 PM

My list of baby/me items is getting smaller, but my list of moving stuff keeps growing.  So, here goes:

List recap (I deleted the old completed stuff, so things crossed out are things I've finished since my last post):

Baby-related:

Sew:

Casual dresses (1 left)

Sun hats (2 or 3)

4th of July dress

Knit:

Blanket (still working on this one... **sigh**)

kina sweater & matching booties

butterfly sweater

Me-related:

Knit:

calla tank

Buy:

witch hazel pads

chux

perineum irrigation bottle

Moving-related:

Pack up books & other non-essentials (okay, I didn't actually do this, but we're having the movers pack all our stuff, so I'm still counting it as "done")

Donate/sell shelves, tables, dresser, extraneous kitchen nonsense

Give notice to apartment office

Schedule pick-up of rented washer and dryer

Schedule electricity shut-off date

Cancel cable

Get quote from movers

Buy plane tickets to ID

Submit change-of-address form

Pull important papers so they don't get packed

Post-partum prep:

Freezer meals!  I'd like at least 5 or 6 dishes, which (including leftovers) would give us at least 2 weeks' worth of food. 

Pick out birth announcements

MaryElizabeth - I have a tiny top-loading washer.  When I need to wash my big blankets I go to a laundromat, they almost always have one or two super-size machines that will hold bigger stuff.  Because I am more than a little OCD, I usually run an empty "load" with hot water and bleach, because who knows what people have been putting in the machines, and then wash my blankets and dry them.

MaryElizabeth likes this.
#173 of 178 Old 05-31-2011, 07:31 PM

So I've been lurking on this thread for a while...but never felt like I had anything to contribute compared to what you mamas are accomplishing! To all the mamas who are/have moved, WOW! You're all amazing!!!

I started my mat leave this week, so I am finally getting down to the things I want/need to accomplish before my LO arrives.

Done:

-clean bathroom

-laundry (ok, only half done since we have an outbreak of ringworm at home)

-collect/buy baby/postpartum stuff, wash, organize

-apply for Employment Insurance benefits (for my mat leave)

To Do:

-buy computer desk, assemble, move temp computer desk upstairs

-groceries (postpartum needs)

-prenatal massage

-weekly ultrasound/mw appointment

-filing (sigh...I've been putting this one off for about a year now)

-set up basement

-make a To Do list for DH (!)

-organize tupperware and baking cupboards

-finish cleaning and tidying the house

-buy DD some arts/crafts supplies, finish organizing her toys, wash her desk

-buy natural insect repellant

-pay bills

-clean the fridge

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#174 of 178 Old 06-01-2011, 03:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

MaryElizabeth: What colours are you dyeing the diapers?

I think my stash is pretty good now. I realised I needed a few more covers and went to buy some, but the covers were $17.99 each, and for $16.99 I could get a pack with a cover *and* two inners, on sale. So I got three of the latter, and now I have four covers, heaps of fitted nappies and a bunch of inners to boot. Yay! They're cute, too. :)

Tomorrow our chest of drawers is meant to arrive, so I can finally put away all the baby clothes. I'm looking forward to it!

I got some teal, green, purple, and orange dye. I wanted to be brave and try some tie dye--- but I've only perfected that on prefolds. I'm too scared to mess up my fitteds!

#175 of 178 Old 06-07-2011, 09:43 AM

Okay, I need something to distract me from the stabs of envy I get whenever I see someone post their beautiful new baby photos.  :) 

List recap (I deleted the old completed stuff, so things crossed out are things I've finished since my last post):

Baby-related:

Sew:

Sun hats (2 or 3)

Knit:

Blanket (still working on this one... **sigh**)

kina sweater & matching booties

butterfly sweater

Me-related:

Knit:

calla tank

Buy:

witch hazel pads

chux

Moving-related:

Donate/sell shelves, tables, dresser

Schedule electricity shut-off date

Cancel cable

Buy plane tickets to ID

Submit change-of-address form

Pull important papers so they don't get packed

Post-partum prep:

Freezer meals!  Partway done - I made lasagna, shephard's pies, and pot pies.  I still want to make some dough, egg and bean burritos, a couple desserts and taco fixin's

Pick out birth announcements

I'm starting to feel like I might actually have finished my list before I give birth.  I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that we're hiring movers to pack our stuff, so I don't have to figure out how to box up our entire home while caring for a newborn.  Thank goodness for moving allowances!

#176 of 178 Old 06-07-2011, 01:42 PM

OK, newly updated list, added to, crossed off and culled once more for not-gonna-happen items. Although really, most of the sewing stuff is probably not gonna happen at this stage... which is a shame, because Mum just gave me a bunch of Dad's old clothes to cut up into baby clothes.

Things to Sew

-Nursing pyjamas for me

-2 pairs of Ottobre rompers for baby - blue and beige pair done!

-1 pair Butterick rompers for baby

-1 pair trousers for baby

-Sailor shirt and shorts for baby

-At least one more winter pinafore and/or dress for DD

-Felted vest/hoodie for baby

-Mei tai

-Ring sling

-Thingy to go over back of carseat to hold stuff

-Postpartum pads

-Floor quilt/playmat thing for baby out of jelly roll

-Winter pants for DD

Things to Knit

-Blue and cream hat

-Blue and cream kimono top

-Blue bobbly vest

Things to Otherwise Organise, Buy or Do

-Freeze meals for after baby is born

-Buy some more "hardcore" RRL tea than my current supply

-Order more iodine from midwife

-Bully DH into listening to Hypnobabies CDs, practicing birth scripts with me, etc

-Buy fitted nappies

-Buy a dryer (!!)

-Go through DD's baby clothes, pick out and count up all the boy-appropriate stuff

-Research/buy vitamin D drops for baby and DD

-Take pregnancy photos

Things I Started Doing After Making This List and Now Need to Finish

-Beige shirt for baby

-Blue bobbly knitted hat to match vest

-Beige knitted vest

-White summer shirt for baby

-Stripy beige shirt for baby

-Make list of stuff to take to the birthing centre; pack as much as possible

-Make list of people to email/ring/inform after baby's born

-Arrange baby clothes in new chest of drawers

#177 of 178 Old 06-07-2011, 03:24 PM

Wow, Smokering.  I hope you take pictures of the baby with those clothes you made on him!  They are going to be so cute!  I haven't made one single thing for the baby this pregnancy.  I don't understand the mental block . . . But, I hope to sew when I know if it's a boy or girl.  Especially if it's a girl, I hope to make some cute little matching things for the "girls" and maybe me too!

I have the deepest respect for anyone moving right now.  I am finally at a place of peace in my home (plus or minus a few unopened boxes, a junk room, and some empty spots on the walls and such).  I cannot imagine packing or getting stuff ready to change locations again!

I'm done nesting.  The drive is gone.  All I want to do is sit in my chair and read interesting articles on the internet, eat ice cream, and sleep.  I am still making an effort to keep the kitchen decent, straighten the living room and our bedroom, keep the laundry from overtaking me, feed my family, and keep the fridge somewhat stocked.  But anything else takes tremendous effort.  I just have to gather a bit of white lace, pin it, and sew ONE STRAIGHT SEAM to finish my bassinet cover, and it is like my body is made of lead and I can't hardly drag it to the sewing machine!  I am a perfectionist at heart, so that is often the root of my issues, but it has been so nice the past few weeks to throw perfectionism to the wind and just DO IT.  I will miss nesting.  Sure it made me neurotic, but I got so much done!

I was laying in bed Friday night wondering if the 5 minute apart mild contractions were going to do anything, and I thought of labor.  I really wanted to get up and go clean all my toilets right then.  I put it off to the next day (no labor, of course).  But I had the same thing happen Sunday night, and I couldn't be bothered to think of anything I might want done.  I don't know if this is a form of labor preparation or if I have just settled into the thought that I am just going to be pregnant forever!

Sorry, this is a very unmotivated post for the motivation thread.  If I thought for 2 minutes, I could come up with a 50 item list of things I SHOULD do or WOULD LIKE to have done, but I think I'll try to go sew one straight seam instead. smile.gif

#178 of 178 Old 06-07-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieAK View Post

I'm done nesting.  The drive is gone.  All I want to do is sit in my chair and read interesting articles on the internet, eat ice cream, and sleep.

This made me laugh, because I have been feeling exactly the same.  I'm actually embarrassed by how much I've been sleeping lately, but I am just *so tired*.  And after 27 years of being only mildly interested in ice cream, I suddenly cannot get enough of it!  I got up this morning to make breakfast, and actually had to talk myself out of getting the Bluebell container out of the freezer.  :)  The only reason I've been able to get things done is my husband - he's been working like crazy lately to make sure he's caught up so he can take a couple weeks off when I give birth, and I hate it when he comes home exhausted from working a 12-hour day and all I have to report is "well, I read some interesting stuff on science daily."  (Although I want to clarify that he is not in any way putting pressure on me to do stuff - this hopeless drive to keep up is all me, baby!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page