Mothering Forum banner

Ouch!

479 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  jshannyn519 
#1 ·
Anyone else starting to get more pain 'down there' and in other places? Just in the past few days I have suddenly starting having pubic symbiosis, round ligament pains down low, and my labia hurt very badly after standing all day yesterday. Ugh!!! I still have a good 8-9 weeks left and I never remember it starting this early. Anyone else sharing in my pain?

#2 ·
I get what I think is pubic symphysis pain... sometimes more than others. It's not crippling, just annoying really. I get the pregnancy leg cramps that can stick around for days. And sometimes sitting in a chair is uncomfortable because kiddo is just determined to get more room than that position affords her, and is banging on the walls.

Only 9 more weeks! I'm not in a hurry to evict her, but I'm not exactly looking forward to being more uncomfortable than this either.

#3 ·
Mine doesn't sound quite as bad as yours, but I'm definitely feeling it. My round ligament pains sit me down immediately and I'm all sorts of uncomfortable after standing for a while. I have 6 weeks left, so I feel ya!

#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaayeh View Post Anyone else sharing in my pain?
OMG Yes! I overdid it a bit yesterday and the result is barely being able to walk today. It's been steadily worse everyday and then overdoing the activity just increased the pain tenfold. I cleaned my husbands man cave, since it was creeping into the rest of the house space. And I removed acoustic ceiling tile from almost my entire basement. Then at the end of the night I loaded eight million pounds of ceiling tile into my husbands truck. Then I made sure to run the dishwasher, put away all dishes in the sink, and shredded and carried out tons of recycled paper and stuff to the recycling or trash. Then I got 4 hours sleep due to the little bean being so active.

I know now my limitations are much more narrow this pregnancy. I do hope you feel better soon.

#5 ·
Thanks! Gosh, I'm just really surprised at how much different it is this time around. I figured out today that lifting my 3 year old daughter at all is out of the question. The pain was beyond excruciating. I tried hard to either be walking or lying down today, no standing or sitting. I think it helped a bit, but wowsers, this belly is out of control! Maybe this baby will decide to be on time at the least...I would be thrilled with that!

#6 ·
My labia are so, so sore and itchy right now. I think it's from swelling. This afternoon I sat on the toilet with a hand mirror to see if I could see any cuts or something. I figured maybe I'd torn myself up during sex, or by having too tight underwear or a blind shave... but no, I'm just insanely swollen. OUCH! Whenever I wear underwear it makes it worse, so I've had to go commando for the last week and use calendula cream or Burt's Bees diaper rash balm several times a day to ease the discomfort. I HATE going commando in late pregnancy due to the additional discharge; I feel so gross and slimey! Yuck. I end up going to the bathroom every hour or so to try and 'mop up'. Ughhh... so gross.

As for the bone pain: yep! My whole pubic bone has been crazy sore since baby dropped, and whenever I walk it feels like my hips are going to pop off my body like a Barbie doll.

#7 ·
Quote:
I figured out today that lifting my 3 year old daughter at all is out of the question.
Heck, yes. My 3-year-old says every day "When Mummy's baby comes out she can lift me inna trolley and onna changing table". I think she's looking forward to that more than the baby! If DH doesn't come grocery shopping with us, the poor tyke has to walk beside the trolley. Occasionally I'll have to lift her a little bit, like if she needs to use a public toilet, and she tends to look shocked and smug and says "You lifted me up, Mummy!".

I'm trying to be super careful about not making SPD/PGP flare up, though - I had it so badly last pregnancy and it was just miserable. So no heroics from me. :p It's not too bad thus far, but rolling over in bed is starting to get a bit achey. And today I stood up too quickly from the couch and felt that lovely familiar searing pain...

Between that and the heartburn, and the fatigue it seems I just can't kick, and my recent realisation that yes, I am indeed huge now... I think I am officially in "just want it to be over" third-trimester misery. And I'm only 33 weeks! Not that I want the time to pass faster... I have too much to do! And do I really want to have a newborn again? Whose idea was this pregnancy, anyway? :p

#8 ·
I have been having way more round ligament pain, primarily on the right side. And I overdid it yesterday and now my hips are killing me, especially my left one. It's hard to walk, bend, sit, or stand. And I'm pretty sure that some of the ribs on my right side are out as well. I keep having what I thought was kidney pain until I realized that it's actually a few inches higher up on my back. I need to go to the chiro, which means I need to find one ASAP. I cannot do another 7-8 weeks of this! I have way too much to accomplish to be debilitated by my skeleton being out of whack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.