So TIRED. Among other things. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 04-25-2011, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had completely forgotten just how tired I would be as I neared the end.    Oh my goodness.  The level of tired I have reached is beyond anything I have experienced in a very long time.  I have been tired in each pregnancy towards the end, but I think that chsing three kids has really slowed me down.  Anyone else feeling this way?

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#2 of 28 Old 04-25-2011, 02:09 PM

Yes! I am totally exhausted! My kids are bigger but still require a lot of energy. With their baseball & softball schedules and me finishing up my semester, and all of us (my mom included) trying to get our house & yard whipped into shape there's been so much going on that I am worn out. I spent today doing pretty much nothing because I was so worn out from the weekend.

I'm really hoping that this level of tiredness doesn't continue because I'm not really sure how I'll function!

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#3 of 28 Old 04-25-2011, 03:07 PM

My level of exhaustion is ridiculous. I don't even think it's the kids so much as just how my body is coping with this particular pregnancy. My age? Closely spaced pregnancies? 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#4 of 28 Old 04-25-2011, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I nearly passed out at MIL's last night. I think it was the combination of an earlier-than-usual daytime nap, and a ridiculously sugary dessert.

What makes it worse is when I get the opportunity to sleep, I can't do it. If I have a daytime nap I feel I should listen to a Hypnobabies CD... and I do usually fall asleep in the middle, but it's a distraction for the first 20 minutes or so. Or I start reading a library book because I know I have to return them soon (and because I'm addicted to reading). Or I start worrying about all the things I have yet to sew/knit/clean/cook in preparation for the baby, and make a mental list of what I'll do when I wake up, and feel guilty about napping at all...

And then I wake up early in the morning and start worrying again! But I can't actually get up and do the stuff, because I'm a) too exhausted and b) not in the mood for DD to wake up screaming blue murder because I dared get out of bed (a recent charming habit of hers).

Add to that all the times I can't sleep because of heartburn, and late nights for various reasons, and DD waking us up in the middle of the night... and yep. Not fun.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#5 of 28 Old 04-26-2011, 10:16 AM

I honestly think I've never been this tired...except first trimester this time around.  I agree that I think part of it is chasing the kids, part of it is me being older, and part of it is that this baby is just sucking every single piece of energy out of me!  winky.gif

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#6 of 28 Old 04-26-2011, 11:53 AM

Be sure you all are getting enough iron ;)  Pregnancy fatigue is common, but even a slightly lower level (not even clinically significant) can make you extra tired.  I complained of fatigue at my last appointment and said I felt my iron was low. It was 33.9 and they say anything above a 34 is fine according to doc. But, I upped my iron supplement myself and within about a week I was already feeling a little more energetic...nothing dramatic, but I wasn't dozing off at the dinner table crippling tired.

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#7 of 28 Old 04-26-2011, 12:01 PM

I've been super tired lately, and my OB's office called to let me know I was slightly anemic.  I'm starting iron supplements today (finally, it took me 2 weeks to figure out which one to use) and I'm hoping I feel an improvement!  I've been trying to eat a lot more red meat and dark green veggies as well.

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#8 of 28 Old 04-26-2011, 01:12 PM

I'm right there with all of you!  Unfortunately, when I nap, then I have a harder time sleeping at night.    So if I don't nap, I walk around like a zombie, and when I do nap, I'm alert enough during the afternoon/evening, but face a restless night.   Nights when I don't get a nap, I am OUT, and in the mornings, whether I've slept well or not it is SOOOOOO hard to get out of bed.

#9 of 28 Old 04-26-2011, 01:19 PM

I just had my iron levels checked yesterday and they were great.  I think it's mostly just trying to do too much.  I'm already feeling better since DD1 is back at school today after 10 days off!

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#10 of 28 Old 04-26-2011, 01:32 PM

Yeah, especially right now I'm falling asleep on my feet. I've been up until 6-7am every night for the past week... getting in some naps during the day, and I still can't sleep at night no matter what I do. :(

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#11 of 28 Old 04-26-2011, 02:02 PM

My main issue with sleep - the dreams, the awful and terrible dreams. I'll wake up panting, pulse racing and go back to sleep for more. Dear Hypnobabies, I don't want to release my fears! Infidelity, cancer induced hair loss, losing the baby and zombies - come on! 

#12 of 28 Old 04-26-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa kamuri View Post

My main issue with sleep - the dreams, the awful and terrible dreams. I'll wake up panting, pulse racing and go back to sleep for more. Dear Hypnobabies, I don't want to release my fears! Infidelity, cancer induced hair loss, losing the baby and zombies - come on! 

This is a major problem for me as well! My dreams are always a little nuts, but when I'm pregnant they are completely insane. To the level that I could probably be diagnosed as psychotic if Freud were to hear my dreams. The dreams that don't make me wake up in a total panic disturb me to the point where I wake up and wonder if I need to be admitted to a psych unit.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#13 of 28 Old 04-26-2011, 02:15 PM

yes! I'm so very tired. I can't make it through the hypnobabies cds at all and I'm just not up for anything at all! its awful.

Harmony, mom of dd (14), ds (11), ds (4) and having #4 in June
#14 of 28 Old 04-27-2011, 08:07 PM

My dreams are a major issue too. They're SO intense and often very emotional. Plus, every time I close my eyes I have sex dreams. TMI, but ever since this pregnancy started I've had at LEAST 1-3 sex dreams every time I go to sleep. That's not so bad, except I have orgasms during these dreams and these orgasms almost always wake me up... which means I can't get back to sleep after. I never thought I'd complain about this but... a little less dream-plows would be nice!

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#15 of 28 Old 04-27-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleteapot View Post

My dreams are a major issue too. They're SO intense and often very emotional. Plus, every time I close my eyes I have sex dreams. TMI, but ever since this pregnancy started I've had at LEAST 1-3 sex dreams every time I go to sleep. That's not so bad, except I have orgasms during these dreams and these orgasms almost always wake me up... which means I can't get back to sleep after. I never thought I'd complain about this but... a little less dream-plows would be nice!

I've had this happen a few times, also to the point where I wake up and can't get back to sleep. I'm not getting sex anywhere else, so I guess getting some in my dreams is good... but I'd be fine with a little less intensity!

Jenni

#16 of 28 Old 04-27-2011, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Ah, thank you!  All of you ladies is making me feel less loco!  And agreed on the TMI dreams.  Way too real, way too much sexy times in the dreams and not in real life.  I just can't get comfortable enough to be in the physical mood, even though I am in the mental mood, as expressed by the dreamingSheepish.gif

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#17 of 28 Old 04-28-2011, 07:51 AM

My dh has been complaining that I've been crying out/thrashing around in my sleep, but I don't have any memory of it at all - but it may explain why I feel so exhausted still in the morning, if I'm not getting a totally restful night. 

What the heck is this dream thing about?

#18 of 28 Old 04-28-2011, 09:21 AM

Throughout my last pregnancy I had orgasms during dreams all the time. Fantastic! This time I dream about zombies and vultures and (almost) nothing even remotely sexy. Oh well. 

#19 of 28 Old 04-28-2011, 05:39 PM

I don't sleep well enough to dream anymore! Its frustrating.Anyone have better sleep suggestions. I feel like I'm going off the deep end.

#20 of 28 Old 04-28-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coharmony View Post

I don't sleep well enough to dream anymore! Its frustrating.Anyone have better sleep suggestions. I feel like I'm going off the deep end.

I was there about 2 weeks ago. Now I have gone off that deep end and seem to be able to run on like 4 hours of sleep!!! 

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#21 of 28 Old 04-28-2011, 07:21 PM

Sigh. After last night, I'd take a zombie-vulture dream quite happily if I could get through it without waking up with heartburn. It seems my papaya enzymes have stopped working. Off to buy some Gaviscon.

#22 of 28 Old 04-29-2011, 10:42 AM

Last night I was so tired and wired at the same time that I made myself a cocktail of -- benadryl, melatonin, and calcium. About 30 minutes later I was suuuuper sleepy, but my legs were still going crazy! It was funny... I fell asleep like I was drunk or high, and kept waking up to go pee-- all the while stumbling and seriously having flashbacks of my crazy college partying days. haha. Thank goodness DD slept in until 9:30!!! 

definitely can't do that again... but getting a little sleep made my body feel better, even though I'm groggy and "hung over".

I HAVE to go to the chiro soon!! And I need a massage.... wish they weren't so darn expensive!

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#23 of 28 Old 04-29-2011, 03:10 PM

so you're saying just accept the craziness then? LOL yeah It won't be going away for awhile. My husband gave my legs a good rub before bed last night and it did help quite a bit.

#24 of 28 Old 04-29-2011, 03:47 PM

Last night I was so exhausted that I crawled into bed near seven, fell asleep whenever and then spent hours upon hours in the deep night laying in bed awake. I tried to take a nap this afternoon but I kept waking myself up snorting. Not snoring (which I do) or drooling (that too) but for real snorting. Such glamour! 

#25 of 28 Old 04-29-2011, 05:20 PM

I think I got almost an unbroken night's sleep last night! Thank you, Gaviscon. I woke up briefly at one point when DD came into our bed, but that was it. Oddly enough, I don't have to use the bathroom during the night this pregnancy. I did last time. Just as well, as our flatmate wouldn't be happy about being woken up by me tromping all over the house in the wee small hours.

#26 of 28 Old 04-29-2011, 07:53 PM

What? you don't have to pee 5 times in the middle of the night? I am SO jealous. My DH said he woke up and almost peed the bed and that he finally knew what I must feel like .. ha!

And Kawa--- I did the same thing the other day. On the couch beside DH, I was just a little embarrassed blush.gif

#27 of 28 Old 04-29-2011, 08:17 PM

LOL Kawa I've done that about six times this pregnancy and it's SO EMBARRASSING!

#28 of 28 Old 04-29-2011, 08:26 PM

I haven't been snorting at all, but I do drool when I sleep now. Which is just lovely. I'm so glad that I sleep alone so no one sees me drooling on myself! lol

Jenni

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page