MAY we start our countdown?? ***Chat thread for May*** The babes are almost here :) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 157 Old 05-03-2011, 11:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sorry, Sarah Lynne.  :(  I'd be crying in the shower too.  I really like the book "Love and Respect" too.  I hope you are able to communicate.  My DH has a hard time winding down from a stressful day at work, and I know he carries worries and stresses that he doesn't like to burden me with. It's so hard when he snaps at me or shoots me down.  I take it so personally, when really it had nothing to do with me.  Anyway, I'm glad you feel safe venting here.  I think it can be a relief to just get it out!

Smokering, I know what you mean.  I did Bradley classes last time and totally didn't practice as much as I was supposed to or do a million Kegels a day as recommended.  So when my home birth was a long, slow to progress, 42 hour labor with a transfer to the hospital (is anyone tired of me saying this yet? :P )  I internalized this and blamed myself.  I was gung-ho to try Hypnobabies this time, but my midwife strongly discouraged me from doing something that I might rely on outside of myself to get through labor.  I think Hypnobabies is a good thing.  I think it could do a lot of good and be very helpful to a pregnant and laboring mom.  I've read reviews saying, "It didn't work, but I'm still glad I used it because of how it helped me in the pregnancy" etc.  But I just want to encourage you that YOU are not going to fail Hypnobabies or birthing or anything.  You are a different person than you were when you gave birth before.  Your body has muscle memory of labor and birth, you know how to mother and surrender to things outside of your control, you are more mature, more chill, more capable.  Sure, things happen in birth.  You could have something happen that is not what you want, but it won't be your fault.  It will be circumstances working on circumstances, ESPECIALLY since you have done everything in your power to prepare physically and mentally to have a safe and effective birth.  I think I'm talking to myself here too. :)  We have a few weeks left to keep trying to do what we can to prepare, but once that labor starts, we are just riding the waves and going in whatever direction they take us.  My hope is that I can surrender to them when the time comes and let my body work the way it knows how to.  Anyway, I hope that little pep talk wasn't offensive at all.  *I* need it too.  And if Hypnobabies is awesome, come back and tell us.  I might just try it next time no matter WHAT my midwife says!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#62 of 157 Old 05-04-2011, 01:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Thanks for the pep talk. :) I definitely think I'm better equipped to handle labour this time around, even without HB - I can at least remember what worked (to some degree!) last time, and what didn't. I'll DEFINITELY be using the hot wheatie bag again, it was great! Plus, as you say... second baby, hopefully not-induced labour, hopefully a waterbirth, hopefully in much nicer surroundings than last time. And all of that should help.

Part of me is kind of excited for labour... part of me is apprehensive because I have so much to get done before the baby is born (and how!)... and part of me just doesn't want to do it again. Oh well, I guess I'm in for it now!

A couple of months ago my SIL used Hypnobabies and was pretty happy with it, so that was cool - I've read hundreds of positive hypnobirths online, but it's easier to believe when it's someone you know in real life, you know? Her birth wasn't pain-free and I don't expect mine to be either, but her midwife described her as the most calm, "chill" mother she'd ever seen. And if you knew my SIL, well, that's saying something!

Unfortunately DH transferred the Hypnobabies tracks to his little mp3 player, which is one of those more-minimalist-than-thou tiny devices without any kind of display. And he didn't put the CDs on in order. So I have to scroll through them all, listening for "Welcome to your XYZ Session". Today I accidentally came across the birthing tracks, which you're not supposed to listen to before 37 weeks... and was rather surprised to hear "It's time to push your baby out"! :p

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#63 of 157 Old 05-04-2011, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter

Lots of hugs, Sarah Lynne. I am sorry your DH was being so insensitive. I have a feeling that my DH probably feels a lot like you do - he gets turned down A LOT by me and I feel terrible, but not so bad that I am willing to 'take one for the team' so-to-speak. I have also had low libido this pregnancy and it doesn't seem to be going away. It doesn't help that we sleep in separate beds because of his outrageous snoring and my getting up every 5 minutes to pee. Every so often I get a little urge, but it passes so quickly once I actually think about the *work* involved. Oy.

I can't really comment about the hypnobabies stuff because I couldn't get through the CDs at all. I tried it last time around but it just wasn't my thing. Personally, I just learned to release my fear through confronting it head on and trusting my body. When I was laboring, with absolutely no help from a program, I went to that place that they all speak of - I was completely inside of myself and relaxed because I knew there was no other choice. I think that it isn't so much like school - I can't imagine that doing your 'homework' with exact precision is going to make your birth any better - understanding the concepts and being able to draw on them is the key. Some practice is necessary, of course, but you know what you are doing and so does your body!!! And it WILL be great!

Ugh, today is COLD:cold and rainy here and I really needed to walk up to the store. DH will have the car so I guess I will just have to wait until this evening. Bah.

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#64 of 157 Old 05-04-2011, 07:42 AM

Smokering, I was going to do hypnobabies or something else, but everytime I started reading about it I would get so tired at the thought of all that practising. And I'm too cheap to pay for the classes. I did prenatals with DD1, so I still remember lots of stuff. And I am feeling really at peace about this labour and delivery. I'm not sure yet how a natural labour feels like, or what I will want to do once I'm there, but basically I'm just planning to go with the flow. I'm renting a TENS machine from my midwife's office just in case I have wicked back labour like I did when I was induced, and I plan on using DH and tennis balls for massage, sitting on the toilet, and those bags of grains that you microwave/freeze, maybe lying on an excercise ball to relax. Whatever. We'll see. I barely remeber to do a few kegels each week, even though I did them religiously last time around. I'm just too, too tired. I think your mental attitude will matter more than how much you've practised some method or other. But that's just my 2 cents :P

On another note, I noticed on the RRL Tea box that it said to consumer between meals. Anyone know why? Is there anything I can add to make it taste less like tea??? Or does that cancel out the positive effects?  Currently, I'm brewing it, adding lots of honey and then chilling it to drink instead of juice. But I'm really not a fan of anything tea. Coffee's more my thing.

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#65 of 157 Old 05-04-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidamama84 View Post

On another note, I noticed on the RRL Tea box that it said to consumer between meals. Anyone know why? Is there anything I can add to make it taste less like tea??? Or does that cancel out the positive effects?  Currently, I'm brewing it, adding lots of honey and then chilling it to drink instead of juice. But I'm really not a fan of anything tea. Coffee's more my thing.

I drank mine cold with dd#2.  Have totally spazzed and not had ANY this pregnancy!  I'm going to pick some up today. duck.gif

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#66 of 157 Old 05-04-2011, 08:24 AM

Holy crap I have totally forgotten about my RRL tea!!!!!! I have an entire box of loose tea unopened and about 5 boxes of pregnancy tea that hasn't been drank. I really need to get on that. Like now. Personally I think it taste like crap... I think I am going to try it cold next. Anything hot right now seems like torture. 

Smokering-- good luck with your HB... I wish I were not only determined enough to stick with a program like that, but also able to get inside my own head enough for it to work! I am more of a "let's just do this thing" kind of girl and any kind of visualization or meditation techniques just make me giggly hahaha I'm jealous of your mental powers!

P.S. I think I'm going to have to relocate myself to the guest bed too. I slept in there a few nights ago and I actually SLEPT. My DH got his feelings hurt so I moved back into bed and got literally 3 hours of sleep last night. Something about trying to roll over without waking him up with my gigantic belly isn't working this time. Also, the 15 times I have to pee aren't helping either. Poor DH... first he gets the shaft on the lovin' and now he has to sleep all alone Sheepish.gif

Does anyone else have the issue with Braxton Hicks waking you up at night?? It's getting really really annoying. Maybe I am dehydrated.... Although I don't think I could fit more liquids into my tiny squished bladder!

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#67 of 157 Old 05-04-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieAK View Post

We have a few weeks left to keep trying to do what we can to prepare, but once that labor starts, we are just riding the waves and going in whatever direction they take us.  My hope is that I can surrender to them when the time comes and let my body work the way it knows how to. 

When I was in labor with my first baby, my happy place was the beach where we used to body surf when I lived in Hawaii as a kid. Not only does the beach totally relax me, but the association between waves in the ocean and the contraction waves that my body was making made a lot of sense to me. I sat in a rocking chair and "body surfed" with each contraction and it worked great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidamama84 View Post

No idea why you should drink the RRL tea between meals. I make mine hot in the coffee maker, add honey or sugar, to the pitcher, and then chill it. I think it tastes great. You could also add a tea bag or two of another flavor of tea that you like. I think that peach with the raspberry is really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post

Does anyone else have the issue with Braxton Hicks waking you up at night?? It's getting really really annoying. Maybe I am dehydrated.... Although I don't think I could fit more liquids into my tiny squished bladder!

I don't have BH waking me up at night, I have a spazzing out baby doing that. I'm not sure why, but he'll have a couple of sessions during the night where he'll start kicking and rolling around like crazy. And there is NO way to sleep though it because some of it hurts! It's worrying me that when he's born he'll continue this pattern and he'll be wide awake and playing all night and sleeping all day... forever!

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#68 of 157 Old 05-04-2011, 10:35 AM

Is anyone EXHAUSTED? I am beat, I could take a nap every afternoon and go to bed by 8pm. I don't remember being this tired with DS, maybe taking care of a 4yo has something to do with it... lol.gif.

On the upside DP had all of the baby clothes sorted and put away when I got home over lunch, which was totally unexpected blowkiss.gif. I am not sure why I thought that it was a good idea to throw a Mother's Day/DS's/my birthday party on Sunday duh.gif. I told myself a long time a go that having 20 people over to the house while 36 weeks pregnant would be incredibly stupid... sometimes I should listen to myself.eyesroll.gif

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#69 of 157 Old 05-04-2011, 11:02 AM

Somehow I have all kinds of energy. At least for today! I think that knowing I'll be done with school for the semester tomorrow has a LOT to do with it! Plus, the weather is gorgeous, my house is clean (mostly) and I have friends in town that I haven't seen in 4 years!

I thought it would be a good idea to sign up to renew my Child Passenger Safety Technician certification the week after next. When I'll be 36 weeks pregnant. I'm sure me squeezing my self and my belly into the back seats of cars to install car seats is going to work really well. lol

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#70 of 157 Old 05-04-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post

I'm pouty and emotional tonight. DH and I had a long heart to heart a few nights ago, about various things, and tonight was just one of those nights where I feel like everything I poured out to him (which is a lot coming from me, because I tend to internalize EVERYTHING) went in one ear and out the other.

Since it's going to eat at me (and keep me sniffling and teary eyed) I'll bust it out here if ya'll don't mind being a sounding board. If you skip it that's a-ok :) I just need to get it out.

I've had a very VERY low libido this pregnancy. To the point of almost disgust at the thought. The last few weeks, I've been making a huge effort to not say no at the suggestion of sex right off the bat, because 9 times out of 10 I enjoy it, even if the mood wasn't there previous to initiating. So tonight DH comes home from his new job (4-9:45 at a CiCi's like pizza parlour) and I was finishing up my last episode of Grey's. I paused it and asked him how his night was and got the usual "It was good." and not much else. I told him what I did today and we talked for a few minutes. I told him I wanted to finish up my episode and then asked if he wanted to take a shower with me, to which he agreed. I finished my episode (15 minutes maybe) and he asked me what I wanted to do tonight. I said "I washed towels and clothes so let's take a nice shower and then maybe..." and gave him the you-know-what look. He agreed and I went and got the towels and clothes out of the dryer and headed to our bathroom to shower. He comes in and starts getting undressed and starts going on about wondering where my BIL is (he has our van and was supposed to come home with it today and still hasn't and since we don't have our cells on right now he has no way to call us) and is very moody. He mumbles about being upset we don't have our phones and then mentions his friend invited him over for a smoke (he started smoking black and milds which is a point of contention all on its own) when he got off work. I can already tell at this point that my plans were over. If I didn't say "Oh go ahead and go...blah blah blah" he would have been broody and cranky and silent all night. So I tell him to go, and after barely any hesitation he promises to be back soon (which probably means not before midnight or later) and leaves.

I just feel like it's constantly more important for him to go be social with other people, when I'm here making a huge effort to be this affectionate, hang-all-over-him type that he wants me to be. I'm not even mad. Just hurt. Another instance of me throwing wide open the door, to have him shut it in my face. And the saddest thing is I'm nearly positive he doesn't even realize he's doing it.

I spent my entire shower crying and have been sitting here for 30 minutes typing all this, a total mess.

hug.gif sorry, mama!

i can definitely relate on the low libido thing. the last few weeks it is even worse. i'm so sorry this happened. i'm sure you're right that he didn't do it consciously. you did a good thing opening up the door; that's sometimes the very hardest part (at least for me it is).

xo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#71 of 157 Old 05-04-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post

Lots of hugs, Sarah Lynne. I am sorry your DH was being so insensitive. I have a feeling that my DH probably feels a lot like you do - he gets turned down A LOT by me and I feel terrible, but not so bad that I am willing to 'take one for the team' so-to-speak.

lol.gif take one for the team made me crack up. i always "think" i "should" take one for the team, but end up not.... lol......

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#72 of 157 Old 05-04-2011, 12:32 PM

Well, just after I post a thread in the UC forum about reaching that "quiet uneventful" stage of pregnancy, I get a night full of BH contractions.  I was starting to wonder as I usually have had tons of BH from week 30 on.  This time, nana.  Maybe the occasional one here or there but they were barely noticeable.  I would read all the posts about mucus plug losses, false labor alarms, etc and feel like I wasn't even pregnant, lol.  Well, besides the usual swollen legs/feet, breathlessness,,, yeah I could go on.  But, nothing to signal I was getting close. 

Now baby must have moved a little lower.  My heartburn has eased up thank goodness.  I have way more pressure down low, bladder is more compressed, and BH contrax more frequently now.  Well, at least I know my body didn't forget there was a baby in there and it needs to be preparing to birth her.

With the past 4 pregnancies I have dealt with a week or two each time of prodromal labor before the real thing ends up taking me by surprise because I assume by then its another false alarm.  So, I know I should just be enjoying the time before all that starts. 

How are you guys doing on the signs of your body gearing up.  Anything exciting going on?

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#73 of 157 Old 05-04-2011, 12:42 PM

Sarah Lynne, I had an incident not too long ago with my DH as well very similar.  I think he got so used to me not being into it that he just ended up staying out of that frame of mind.  We ended up talking about it and he said he actually started getting insecure and kinda hurt and felt rejected though he understood why I was reluctant as uncomfortable I was.   He said he just ended up not really even being in that frame of mind anymore and never got his hopes up. 

I didn't understand until one night I realized it had been a while and tried to initiate it and he just kind of blew me off.  He later said that I had acted like we would be doing that later several times only to back out at bedtime when I was too tired or whatever so he jsut quit taking me seriously.  I explained that I never intended to get his hopes up then back out, I would really intend on us being together later but as the day went on, I would get so wore down and tired I would just pass out. 

I guess this is all too common with pregnant ladies.  We never intend on neglecting our mens needs but with everything else we are dealing with pregnancy alone, not including chasing other kids, some of us working still, its just tiring and we can barely keep up.  Though they understand, they still get kinda get their feeling hurt too I am finding. 

Before we talked about it though, boy was I upset.  I mean, a man that I knew had been after intimate time with me for so long was now blowing me off when I was ready??  You wouldn't believe the things that went through my head.  Is he getting his needs met elsewhere, does he no longer find me attractive because I have put on weight and have this huge belly in the way, is he unhappy with me in general?  I freaked.  We fought, then finally talked and things have been much better since. 

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#74 of 157 Old 05-04-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharita View Post

How are you guys doing on the signs of your body gearing up.  Anything exciting going on?

I don't know that it's "exciting" but there are for sure way more BH than before. And it doesn't take much to bring them on either. Jumping up suddenly and walking quickly to get something will bring on some pretty intense BHs. It's actually kind of annoying because now I have to walk around slower and stand up slower, and do everything slower. I don't want to be slow! I want to move and get stuff done! It's probably a really good thing that I finished clinicals a couple of weeks ago because being on my feet for the whole day and moving patients and doing all the patient care stuff would have really brought these suckers on. Other than baby being lower and having his head in my pelvis, and the BHs, there's not much else happening for me. But I'm only 34 weeks today so I'm okay with that!

Jenni

#75 of 157 Old 05-04-2011, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Well, today's going to be interesting. Just got back from Bible study and the supermarket, and DH informed me that SIL's two babies (16ish months and 3 months) are coming over this afternoon. One of SIL's best friends is expecting a baby with spina bifida; the C-section was scheduled a few weeks away, but she went into pre-labour yesterday. So I assume they're doing it today, and the baby will have surgery immediately afterwards; so SIL and BIL both want to be there to support the parents. Which is nice of them. So, yeah. I guess I'll be getting some extra young-baby-taking-care-of practice this afternoon!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#76 of 157 Old 05-04-2011, 07:31 PM

Oh, yes, Braxton-Hicks... definitely getting more prominent. They've gone from "unnoticeable, unless I have my hand on my belly" to "annoying".

A woman at church had her baby today... 11 lbs! Yikes! Very impressive for mama having done that hard work, but I sure hope mine is not that big.

#77 of 157 Old 05-04-2011, 07:39 PM

Smokering, maybe I can reassure you a bit with the Hypnobabies thing. I recently attended a friend's homebirth. She had borrowed the CDs only, never really looked at the book, just listened to the CDs in whatever order she felt like. I know she didn't even listen to all of them. Her birth was so inspiring! She was so calm and relaxed during her pressure waves. She said afterward that her birth wasn't pain free, that she hadn't expected it to be (I see a lot of people saying they got what they expected out of the program), but that the scripts helped her be so calm, she felt relaxed and in control of what was going on. I never find time to practice the eyes open hypnosis, I don't even do the CDs every night, but I'm getting better. I do fall asleep during them, too. I'm just keeping on keeping on, plugging ahead, listening, putting on the joyful affirmations at bedtime. I'll play the CDs during my birthing time and they'll help.

BFing, bedsharing, toddler wearing, non-circing, vegan mama to the sweetest boy in the world (2/08), wife to my spicy rock star (4/06) and expecting a new family member 6/11
#78 of 157 Old 05-04-2011, 08:46 PM

I have had the. best. day. ever!! My friend (and former boss) and her husband are in town for a work-related thing this week and we spent several hours together this afternoon and evening. We haven't seen each other in 4 years, since we left Oregon, and I've been missing them so much! it was just great to spend time with them chatting and catching up. We went out to dinner at a Texas BBQ place so they could experience that while they're here and it was a hit. She owns a specialty baby store and she got me some baby stuff which is way awesome too! She brought me a Mamaroo swing, a Graco Signature Series 3-in-1 stroller, a Graco infant carseat, cloth diapers, covers, and disposable inserts, a couple of laundry bags for the diapers, and some nice big beach bags with flat bottoms so they'll stand up and not fall over. I am just amazed at their generosity and I'm pretty sure that I can never tell them thank you enough times!

The Mamaroo is so cool! It looks like a space pod kind of, and it has 5 different movement settings, it plays 5 different nature sounds (no worries Smokering, no whales!), and you can even hook an iPod up to it to play through the speakers. It also has variable speeds for each different motion. The great thing is that the whole fabric seat part just unzips so it can be tossed in the washing machine! I had the thing out of the box and set up in less than 10 minutes. I love simplicity!

The Graco stroller is like a Bugaboo stroller in that it has the frame and you can either snap the car seat onto it with an adaptor (included) or you can snap the stroller seat into the frame. And the stroller seat faces toward momma or away. It's soooo easy to drive too, and it folds up WAY smaller than the other stroller that I have. And the car seat is so new and pretty!

I seriously want to cry every time I look at this stuff because it's SO NICE and it was SO NICE of my friends to get this stuff for us. I really try not to be materialistic, but my little guy starting out his baby life with some really nice brand new things just makes me happy. I wasn't able to get anything new for my older kids when they were babies and I'm really not in the position to do that much with this baby either. So to have someone do that for me is just huge. Plus, I like gadgety things and the swing and stroller both are cool and gadgety. :)

Jenni

#79 of 157 Old 05-04-2011, 08:58 PM

Jenni--- yay yay yay!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#80 of 157 Old 05-04-2011, 10:38 PM

I have had no BH (currently 34.5 weeks)...should I be worried?? The only time my uterus has contracted is when I have an orgasm! blush.gif

#81 of 157 Old 05-05-2011, 03:07 AM

I don't think i had any noticeable braxton hicks with my first pregnancy...don't worry at all! I had a few more with the second, and now with the third...whoa! innocent.gif

Blissed out mama to 3 beautiful boys love.gif LIFE IS GOOD! thumb.gif

#82 of 157 Old 05-05-2011, 03:55 AM

AAAAAHHHHH. I was supposed to go to a meeting with the supervisor at my externship that started super-early, and asked hubby to set the alarm and he said he did but screwed it up, so I missed it (woke up 10 minutes before I would have had to be on the other side of town). I love the guy, but some days I swear I just want to drop-kick him! I'm trying to make a good IMPRESSION here and this kind of stuff does NOT help.

#83 of 157 Old 05-05-2011, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter

Wow, Jenni, awesome!! How exciting! I love visiting with old friends and then to get all that great gear on top of it - joy.gif:joy:joy

Yep - I remember my first - hardly any braxton hicks compared to now. The ones I had were so mild that I didn't even really understand what they were. (I did go into PTL at 34 weeks,though, and that I KNEW!!!) I feel like I am always contracted now, despite the gallons of water I drink. Maybe chasing after 2 toddlers and trying to get all the housework done, all the weeks pulled and the "lawn" ripped up, and being on my feet all. day. long. have something to do with it, LOL!!!

As a totally strange side note, does anyone think that your pets know you are pregnant? Are they acting any differently towards you? DH's cat, who usually HATES me (and I mean hate) has recently begun sitting on my lap (or what's left of it), rubbing up against me, following me around, etc... you know, normal cat behavior. Its just that for the last 10 years he has acted like I am the demon sent to destroy him and this change in behavior is freaking me out!! I was wondering if it is because of the pregnancy, or if he is just getting soft in his old age...

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#84 of 157 Old 05-05-2011, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLtheTinkerbell View Post

I have had no BH (currently 34.5 weeks)...should I be worried?? The only time my uterus has contracted is when I have an orgasm! blush.gif

No worries :) Just be blessed! LOL

I've been in a considerable amount of uncomfortable since two nights ago. Yesterday was spent trying not to pass out where ever I went. All that talk of cold sweats and weakness, that was me! Add on the BH and hip pain and I was a big mess. I forced myself to go grocery shopping last night because I was NOT content saying we'd do it later. We always say that and then NEVER go fully shopping and waste it all buying convenience foods. So my pantry is stocked (still have to get meat and all the WIC stuff from the closer grocery store) if nothing else. I'm hoping to get some freezer meals done up for when baby is here. At least some of the convenience-esque type snacks that will be easy to make (read microwave!)

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#85 of 157 Old 05-05-2011, 06:13 AM

I can NOT keep up with you guys!

Sarah Lynne hug2.gif

I didn't notice very many BH contractions with my oldest either, so I think that's normal. I think you usually have way more with subsequent pregnancies. I haven't been having all that many BH but a lot of general crampiness on and off throughout the day. And I have lost a couple of pounds and I think my baby has dropped, which surprises me because that's not supposed to happen yet with second babies, but maybe he/she has just shifted in there in some other way so as to make me feel like he/she is lower. Other than that, I've been feeling great. Not really getting the nesting urge yet though...I was nesting like crazy a few weeks ago and now I'm just lazy. I kinda wish it would come back. My crazy libido (we're all different, huh?) has dropped off somewhat, which is fine because I've kind of cut DH off until 37 weeks or so. Last Friday I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced, and DS came at 37 weeks so even though I know I could still have weeks left, I want to do what I can to keep the baby cooking a little longer! I'm 36 weeks now.

I've also switched plans from a homebirth to the hospital due to being GBS+. I know many of you probably won't agree with that decision, but that's just my and my DH's comfort zone. I have a family doctor that I really like so far that will be attending, and I have an appointment with her today where I will ask her lots of questions about her usual protocols for births and stuff.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#86 of 157 Old 05-05-2011, 06:29 AM

I'm feeling pretty crummy today; don't know if I'm trying to get a cold or what, but I just want to curl up somewhere and take a nap.  The leg cramps had slacked off for a bit, but they're back in full force:  I was up at 2AM, 3AM & 4AM ... wonder why I couldn't get up when I was supposed to at 5AM?!  LOL

RE "taking one for the team" ... I have had ZERO libido this pregnancy and it hurt so much the 6 weeks or so (not the actual act itself, but the pressure it was putting on my hernia repair) that I just flat-out refused.  I know it hurt dh's feelings badly, but the one time we tried I just ended up crying in agony.  Not worth it. :/  Anyway, after my 1st visit with the perinatologist on Tuesday, it was made pretty clear to me that they WANT the baby out by 40 weeks ... sometime in my 39th week if possible, due to the diabetes.  I generally carry until 41 weeks, so this is a problem.  :/  (This is all related to taking one for the team ...)  So, I talked with my doula and have started all the measures we could come up with to encourage this baby to come earlier than my girls.  Including sex every night.  bigeyes.gif  So, last night I took one for the team, and while it was weird and uncomfortable, it didn't HURT anymore.  Yay!!  And although I think I'm coming down with something, I AM walking better today.  shy.gif

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#87 of 157 Old 05-05-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post

I can NOT keep up with you guys!

Sarah Lynne hug2.gif

I didn't notice very many BH contractions with my oldest either, so I think that's normal. I think you usually have way more with subsequent pregnancies. I haven't been having all that many BH but a lot of general crampiness on and off throughout the day. And I have lost a couple of pounds and I think my baby has dropped, which surprises me because that's not supposed to happen yet with second babies, but maybe he/she has just shifted in there in some other way so as to make me feel like he/she is lower. Other than that, I've been feeling great. Not really getting the nesting urge yet though...I was nesting like crazy a few weeks ago and now I'm just lazy. I kinda wish it would come back. My crazy libido (we're all different, huh?) has dropped off somewhat, which is fine because I've kind of cut DH off until 37 weeks or so. Last Friday I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced, and DS came at 37 weeks so even though I know I could still have weeks left, I want to do what I can to keep the baby cooking a little longer! I'm 36 weeks now.

I've also switched plans from a homebirth to the hospital due to being GBS+. I know many of you probably won't agree with that decision, but that's just my and my DH's comfort zone. I have a family doctor that I really like so far that will be attending, and I have an appointment with her today where I will ask her lots of questions about her usual protocols for births and stuff.

Everyone has to make the best choices for them :) Out of curiosity does your midwife not have the ability to administer the antibx? I was GBS+ for DS2 and she administered them in my dining room (hung it from my chandelier lol) although we didn't have enough time to get through the entire amount because he wanted out right then! I'm glad you have someone you trust to attend you in the hospital :) I trust NONE of the OBGYNs here...especially the ones that work with the inmates at the prison. I've heard multiple horror stories from inmates and officers who were supervising the inmates...ugh.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#88 of 157 Old 05-05-2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathenmom View Post

I'm feeling pretty crummy today; don't know if I'm trying to get a cold or what, but I just want to curl up somewhere and take a nap.  The leg cramps had slacked off for a bit, but they're back in full force:  I was up at 2AM, 3AM & 4AM ... wonder why I couldn't get up when I was supposed to at 5AM?!  LOL

RE "taking one for the team" ... I have had ZERO libido this pregnancy and it hurt so much the 6 weeks or so (not the actual act itself, but the pressure it was putting on my hernia repair) that I just flat-out refused.  I know it hurt dh's feelings badly, but the one time we tried I just ended up crying in agony.  Not worth it. :/  Anyway, after my 1st visit with the perinatologist on Tuesday, it was made pretty clear to me that they WANT the baby out by 40 weeks ... sometime in my 39th week if possible, due to the diabetes.  I generally carry until 41 weeks, so this is a problem.  :/  (This is all related to taking one for the team ...)  So, I talked with my doula and have started all the measures we could come up with to encourage this baby to come earlier than my girls.  Including sex every night.  bigeyes.gif  So, last night I took one for the team, and while it was weird and uncomfortable, it didn't HURT anymore.  Yay!!  And although I think I'm coming down with something, I AM walking better today.  shy.gif

Ugh...I'm sorry you're being rushed to have your baby! Hopefully baby will come out good and ready and earlier than your others!

#89 of 157 Old 05-05-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post

Everyone has to make the best choices for them :) Out of curiosity does your midwife not have the ability to administer the antibx? I was GBS+ for DS2 and she administered them in my dining room (hung it from my chandelier lol) although we didn't have enough time to get through the entire amount because he wanted out right then! I'm glad you have someone you trust to attend you in the hospital :) I trust NONE of the OBGYNs here...especially the ones that work with the inmates at the prison. I've heard multiple horror stories from inmates and officers who were supervising the inmates...ugh.

Nope, midwives here can't do IVs. greensad.gif I wish they could!

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#90 of 157 Old 05-05-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLtheTinkerbell View Post

I don't think I ever noticed BHs with my first pregnancy either. They tend to be more noticeable with each subsequent pregnancy. Along with the afterpains getting more intense as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erigeron View Post

AAAAAHHHHH. I was supposed to go to a meeting with the supervisor at my externship that started super-early, and asked hubby to set the alarm and he said he did but screwed it up, so I missed it (woke up 10 minutes before I would have had to be on the other side of town). I love the guy, but some days I swear I just want to drop-kick him! I'm trying to make a good IMPRESSION here and this kind of stuff does NOT help.

Oh no!! I hope you'll be able to reschedule! I would be so upset if that had happened to me! I didn't even bother trying to get an externship or a summer job this year because I'd be there for all of a month before having to quit anyway. I hope it works out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post

As a totally strange side note, does anyone think that your pets know you are pregnant? Are they acting any differently towards you? DH's cat, who usually HATES me (and I mean hate) has recently begun sitting on my lap (or what's left of it), rubbing up against me, following me around, etc... you know, normal cat behavior. Its just that for the last 10 years he has acted like I am the demon sent to destroy him and this change in behavior is freaking me out!! I was wondering if it is because of the pregnancy, or if he is just getting soft in his old age...

Yes!! I joke around that I'm like Dr Doolittle lately because I have this trail of dogs and cats following me around the house and yard all the time. Our old kitty meows at me constantly, which makes me crazy, and every time I lay down he's right there ON my belly. He likes to lay on my belly so that all 4 of his legs kind of hang down the sides. And it doesn't seem to bother him when the baby kicks him either. Our other cat, who is a half-wild Siamese named Sam, has been inside a ton and he's been sleeping in the armchair in my bedroom for the past couple of weeks. It's really weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post

I support whatever birth choices you feel most comfortable with. :)  I will say though, that a hibiclens wash during labor can take care of the GBS, which is what the CPMs here do since they can't do IVs either. Also, sex (and semen) can kill the GBS. So that might be worth a try, even though you're trying to not have sex, it could be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathenmom View Post

I'm sorry you're feeling the pressure to get baby out by a certain time. I'm in that boat too because I'm VBACing and it sucks! But yay for sex not hurting and double yay for no pain with walking! It sounds like your hips were loosened up and stretched out a little bit from the sex! It probably doesn't hurt that sex releases natural painkillers too. :)

Jenni

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page