MAY we start our countdown?? ***Chat thread for May*** The babes are almost here :) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 157 Old 05-06-2011, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats Annabelle!

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#122 of 157 Old 05-06-2011, 06:55 PM

I want to scream! My brand new machine isn't working. I've babied that thing since day one and mid bib it just stops. The motor runs, but the wheel doesn't turn. It's stuck. I've tried everything I know how to fix it. It's as clean as I can get it. I've checked for a thread caught in any mechanism I can see, but nada. So it appears I'll be taking a trip to the dealer tomorrow to give them what for and find out what the hell it's problem is. irked.gif

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#123 of 157 Old 05-06-2011, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

What wheel? The feed dogs? Or the one you turn to do a manual stitch? Did you take off the plate under the needle? It does sound like a jam somewhere. Maybe look on you tube for a tutorial on fixing it. Its such a new machine, though, it really shouldn't have ANY problems. Sorry, mama!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#124 of 157 Old 05-06-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post

What wheel? The feed dogs? Or the one you turn to do a manual stitch? Did you take off the plate under the needle? It does sound like a jam somewhere. Maybe look on you tube for a tutorial on fixing it. Its such a new machine, though, it really shouldn't have ANY problems. Sorry, mama!

The wheel you turn to do the manual stich. I can turn it halfway one way and then it stops and then half way the other way and it stops. I took everything apart that my manual shows me how to do and its clean as a whistle, no strings wrapped anywhere. It's self oiling (called the dealership a week ago to ask because I wasn't sure) and I'm only supposed to have to take it in once a year or so. I'm worried something actually bent or broke inside :(

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#125 of 157 Old 05-06-2011, 08:09 PM

Yay, Annabelle!  I'm so happy for you!

Sarah Lynne, that is so frustrating!  I took my brand new machine in because it "broke" but discovered that I had threaded it wrong. bag.gif  I'm sure that's not your problem, but I sure hope it's an easy fix!

I am one month away from my due date!  My midwife did a home visit yesterday.  It was fun to show her around and talk about various parts of the house that I may labor in.  It all seems so surreal.  I am trying really hard to not worry.  I know so many people have had successful home births and I can too.  I am really not as afraid of transfer as I was last time, although I do feel some apprehension about a c/s, with no real reason.  I look at my naked pregnant belly and think, "Well, that's where a c/s cut would be." I am just going to keep praying about it and handing my worry over to God.  I get a little anxious about all the moving parts too.  My ideal birth is to have a smooth, fast labor in the night while DD sleeps and have her wake up to a new sibling.  But having someone come take her and whether my parents will be available and what DHs parents will think if DD says with my parents . . .  I just don't want any drama, thank you.  Anyway, sorry.  This is a happy, hopeful time . . mostly

My midwife wants me to walk more.  So last night and today I did so, walking for about 30 minutes each time around the neighborhood.  I think if I keep that up I won't make it a whole month!  I have been one giant BH today and having a lot of RL pain too.

I know I need to not just work on the house, but actually do a little more actual labor prep: relaxation, talking with DH about my preferences, writing a plan, collecting comfort measures, writing affirmations, etc.  But that isn't as satisfying as actually organizing, cleaning, and making steps towards my settled nest!

I think we are heading out to get paint for a project or two this weekend. Woohoo!  That would be MY ideal Mother's Day weekend, super nesting with DH's help! :)

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#126 of 157 Old 05-06-2011, 08:25 PM

Yay Annabelle!! Congrats on finally closing on the farm! That's been quite the process and I'm sure you're hugely relieved to be able to start planning for your move. :)

Sarah Lynne, my sewing machine was doing that sticking thing and the tension was adjusted weird so that it kept locking up. I have no idea what she did, but my mom fixed it. When you take it in, ask them to show you what they did to fix it in case it happens again.

Well, today was insanely busy but good. The party with my clinical group was fun and I got the chance to talk about natural childbirth with the young women that were in my clinical. It won't be the last conversation we have by any means, but I love being in the position where I can offer education about my passion to people who are genuinely interested. My visit with my friend went great too! Her baby is 10 weeks old already and we were talking about the birth and her recovery and breastfeeding and pumping. She ended up with a precipitous labor that was 2 hours from the first contraction that she noticed until her son was born! She said that she probably should have read the Active Birth book more because she wasn't able to get the epidural that she'd been planning on and she wasn't coping well with the labor at all. I let her know that the book may have helped her, but a 2 hour labor is hard to manage no matter what! She also said that BFing and pumping are going well and that she was surprised by how much she likes it. I told her that's one of the things that I'm looking forward to the most. I really miss nursing a little baby. She said that talking to me while she was pregnant went a long way toward just trying BFing and that she's thankful that I was there for her. I almost started crying! I am beyond thrilled that nursing is going so well for her and her baby. It makes me SO happy!!

Well, I'm off to bed. We have yet another long day tomorrow and it will start early. Have a good night all!

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#127 of 157 Old 05-07-2011, 02:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Congrats Annabelle! Are you doing something nice to celebrate? :)

Baby shower was this afternoon. It was fun... once I got there. :p I didn't sleep well last night, and spent the morning being stressed, trying to ice the cake and bake something GF to take along... and didn't have time to do my hair properly, and couldn't find anything nice to wear (all my nice maternity clothes are wintry, and we've been having unseasonably warm weather recently!)... and then had to drag DH along in the car to carry the cake, and he drove home afterwards, and I realised when it was time to grab a ride home with a friend that we didn't have the carseat, so she had to drive me home, leaving DD at Mum's house, so I could drive back and pick her up.

But in the middle of that, the party was nice. :p Very low-key; finger food, presents and chatting. I was given some gorgeous merino baby clothes, and everything matched - pale blue and brown! Very handy. I still need to take inventory of all the baby clothes I have - and SIL's planning to pass down some from her new baby - but it looks like he might not go naked after all. And that's a relief. :)

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#128 of 157 Old 05-07-2011, 04:10 AM

You ladies have been chatting up a storm! I'm not even going to attempt a thorough catch-up, but Annabelle - congrats, that's wonderful news! joy.gif

Smokering - I'm glad your baby shower went well. Do you have any cake pics you'd like to share? shy.gif

I've been cramming to finish an astrophysics assignment and haven't had time to post. I stayed up until 5.30 this morning finishing the last question, so I'm exhausted. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to survive today. DH is sick, so I'm on my own with DD. She wants to go to the pool, but I'm not really in the mood for parading around in a bikini with my 8 month pregnant belly. orngtongue.gif

Which reminds me - I'm exactly one month away from my due date. Eeeek! I have way too much to do before then. I'm actually finding myself hoping the baby will come at 41 weeks just so I have time to do it all.

The weather looks nice, if not especially warm. Maybe if I take DD to the park and bribe her with ice cream she'll be happy to run around a bit while I lie in the grass.

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

#129 of 157 Old 05-07-2011, 07:36 AM

We had a kid's consignment sale these past few days. I went and shopped it twice. I got TONS of like new baby clothes, even though I really don't need them. People have so many more girl clothes than boy. DS definitely did not have this many outfits. I got a super cute shirt for 4th of July. I planned out exactly how I'm going to do her knitted soaker for the 4th. I'm super excited to get started on it, but I have a couple of customs to finish up first.

I'm hoping to finally get my garden bed set up this weekend. Having to depend on other people to do the lifting is making me crazy. We've been supposed to do it, like, 3 times, but it's rained every time!

BFing, bedsharing, toddler wearing, non-circing, vegan mama to the sweetest boy in the world (2/08), wife to my spicy rock star (4/06) and expecting a new family member 6/11
#130 of 157 Old 05-07-2011, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Also, not attempting to catch up on the entire thread, but jumping in nonetheless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshannyn519 View Post

Well, today was insanely busy but good. The party with my clinical group was fun and I got the chance to talk about natural childbirth with the young women that were in my clinical. It won't be the last conversation we have by any means, but I love being in the position where I can offer education about my passion to people who are genuinely interested. My visit with my friend went great too! Her baby is 10 weeks old already and we were talking about the birth and her recovery and breastfeeding and pumping. She ended up with a precipitous labor that was 2 hours from the first contraction that she noticed until her son was born! She said that she probably should have read the Active Birth book more because she wasn't able to get the epidural that she'd been planning on and she wasn't coping well with the labor at all. I let her know that the book may have helped her, but a 2 hour labor is hard to manage no matter what! She also said that BFing and pumping are going well and that she was surprised by how much she likes it. I told her that's one of the things that I'm looking forward to the most. I really miss nursing a little baby. She said that talking to me while she was pregnant went a long way toward just trying BFing and that she's thankful that I was there for her. I almost started crying! I am beyond thrilled that nursing is going so well for her and her baby. It makes me SO happy!!

That's just really awesome! What amazing opportunities you had, both with your clinical group and your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald_Bull's_Mama View Post

I'm hoping to finally get my garden bed set up this weekend. Having to depend on other people to do the lifting is making me crazy. We've been supposed to do it, like, 3 times, but it's rained every time!

So you know gardening? I'm very much a beginner. Any other gardeners on here? Is this weekend too early to plant tomatoes? I was surprised that the farmers almanac calendar lists June 3rd-4th as best days for tomatoes. That just sounds so late to me, but I really don't know what I'm doing either, so perhaps that's just right?

Good luck getting your bed set up. I've tilled mine. I need to figure something out for a perimeter so that my dog doesn't kill my plants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieAK View Post

I am one month away from my due date!  My midwife did a home visit yesterday.  It was fun to show her around and talk about various parts of the house that I may labor in.  It all seems so surreal.  I am trying really hard to not worry.  I know so many people have had successful home births and I can too.  I am really not as afraid of transfer as I was last time, although I do feel some apprehension about a c/s, with no real reason.  I look at my naked pregnant belly and think, "Well, that's where a c/s cut would be." I am just going to keep praying about it and handing my worry over to God.  I get a little anxious about all the moving parts too.  My ideal birth is to have a smooth, fast labor in the night while DD sleeps and have her wake up to a new sibling.  But having someone come take her and whether my parents will be available and what DHs parents will think if DD says with my parents . . .  I just don't want any drama, thank you.  Anyway, sorry.  This is a happy, hopeful time . . mostly.

I've got my home visit with my midwife coming up next month. I just had my 32 week a couple of days ago and she does the home visit at the 36 week appt. I'm kind of excited for this visit. I'm also nervous. I think I tend to overthink things - like worrying about having the perfect set up for a home birth. I think the visit will help put me at ease - at least I hope!

Crystal (34) married to nursing student DH (38) partners.gif ,  mama to superhero.gif(7/07), brokenheart.gif (1/09), and rainbow1284.gifjammin.gif (7/11) and stork-suprise.gif (12/28) homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg homeschool.gif
#131 of 157 Old 05-07-2011, 08:22 AM

hey all,

i'm in that weird place of feeling like birth is imminent at the same time as feeling like it is still a month off. i go back and forth and wonder which it will end up being! i've felt all along that this is going to be a may baby...

does anyone else feel like we should change our chat thread to weekly, as we are getting close, and this thread is getting huge (its only may 7th!!!) already. it would be easier to follow all the activity.

peace,

xo

karen

eta: have my 36/37 week appt this coming week and i'm going to decline the gbs screen. last time it was declining the weekly nst, now this. i'm hoping it won't be too uncomfortable and that my ob won't give me a hard time. i'm solid on my decision though so i feel good about it.

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#132 of 157 Old 05-07-2011, 10:01 AM

Eh, this is my 3rd year with gardening. It's my second year doing Lasagna Gardening, which I really like. Basically, you're planting your garden in a big compost pile and mulching all around it. Waaaay less weeds.

For the planting stuff, Crystal, I look at the U of I extension page. Lots of good info for our area on there. http://urbanext.illinois.edu/veggies/directory.cfm  Do you see Brande? Or who's the hb midwife there?

BFing, bedsharing, toddler wearing, non-circing, vegan mama to the sweetest boy in the world (2/08), wife to my spicy rock star (4/06) and expecting a new family member 6/11
#133 of 157 Old 05-07-2011, 10:54 AM

I just realized last night while I was sitting and knitting that in approx a month that I will have 4 children.  For some reason it floored me, subsequently throwing off my knitting vibe, and sending me to la la land for about an hourbiggrinbounce.gif

Love the garden stuff.  We have to get ours up and running.  I am moving it currently to a more southern space in the yard.  Poor hubby is on vacation this week and has a wife (me) who has a nesting list that is miles long.....oops.  But it 'has' to get done.  My birthing area (AKA the basement) NEEDS revamping.  The carpet is disgusting and pulling up, the ceiling is a super old suspended that is literally falling out the lights are plugged in and not wired in, so the electrician must replace most of the wires and hubby is putting in new lights.  New carpet/bamboo has to happen and the bathroom must get a tile or bamboo floor before I go psycho.  

All of that plus kids dr appts, hubby VA appts, my midwife is going to be here to do our 36 week homevisit, which will turn into an afternoon of chilling out and chatting.  Since she's also a friend and it shall be a blast!

Then if all goes off well, we will be camping next weekend for DH bday.   EEEK.  I will need a vacation from my  husbands vacation!  

Who else is psychotically nesting?

edit to fix englishblush.gif

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#134 of 157 Old 05-07-2011, 12:14 PM

I definitely think this thread should be weekly!  It is getting crazy long already! :)

I'm so happy to hear of the baby showers and good baby finds going on!  I finally washed all my baby clothes and organized them somewhat.  I am doing really good on things for the baby, over all.  I just need a few more newborn diapers.  What I REALLY need is stuff for me (nursing pads, bras, nightgowns, mama cloth, etc.)  Those are totally worn out from nursing so long last time.  I am hoping, hoping that maybe some kind souls would gift me with that kind of thing at a baby shower, but I know it's kind of counter cultural here.  I wish I was more crafty and had more confidence in my craftiness!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#135 of 157 Old 05-07-2011, 12:21 PM

Today I am doing craigslist listings today to raise a little cash. We are literally completely broke until next Friday, payday. Everything went to the closing. I hope we sell a few things. 

My dh called my friends and had a baby shower planned for me for next week. I am so surprised he did that. My dd, Anniston is going to make the cake, a very dark chocolate w/ chocolate frosting and fresh raspberries. 

Otherwise, I am nesting bits here and there, trying to stretch out things to do, so I don't get bored.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#136 of 157 Old 05-07-2011, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald_Bull's_Mama View Post

Eh, this is my 3rd year with gardening. It's my second year doing Lasagna Gardening, which I really like. Basically, you're planting your garden in a big compost pile and mulching all around it. Waaaay less weeds.

For the planting stuff, Crystal, I look at the U of I extension page. Lots of good info for our area on there. http://urbanext.illinois.edu/veggies/directory.cfm  Do you see Brande? Or who's the hb midwife there?

This is also my 3rd year, but the 2nd year was a joke for me. Weeds completely overtook my garden and I did not keep up with it at all! Thanks for the link. I found it really useful. I'm thinking I may have more ground prep to do now before I can plant!

I see Brande. She's about 45 minutes away from me which is kind of nice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max'sMama View Post

Then if all goes off well, we will be camping next weekend for DH bday.   EEEK.  I will need a vacation from my  husbands vacation!  

Who else is psychotically nesting?

edit to fix englishblush.gif

Totally jealous of the camping. I want to go so badly, but hubby thinks I'm too pregnant to go camping. GRRR. I think as long as we're close to the port-a-potty it's all good.

I'm nesting in spirit. I'm just too stinking tired to get much done. My house is a freaking disaster zone - except for the area that I hold my daycare in. I just can't seem to accomplish much of anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post

Today I am doing craigslist listings today to raise a little cash. We are literally completely broke until next Friday, payday. Everything went to the closing. I hope we sell a few things. 

My dh called my friends and had a baby shower planned for me for next week. I am so surprised he did that. My dd, Anniston is going to make the cake, a very dark chocolate w/ chocolate frosting and fresh raspberries. 

Otherwise, I am nesting bits here and there, trying to stretch out things to do, so I don't get bored.

Good luck with the Craigslist. I hope you get a bit of cash from it. That cake sounds delicious - I'm salivating!

Crystal (34) married to nursing student DH (38) partners.gif ,  mama to superhero.gif(7/07), brokenheart.gif (1/09), and rainbow1284.gifjammin.gif (7/11) and stork-suprise.gif (12/28) homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg homeschool.gif
#137 of 157 Old 05-07-2011, 03:07 PM

I just realized today that I haven't ordered my birth supplies yet.  I can't believe I have put it off so long.  I waited a while because I had two lists.  One for if we wwere doing UC and another if we managed to catch up with our last midwife and were doing a HB with her.  We came up with a list with things we would need either way and will include the pool liner (the most expensive thing) just incase since she will be loaning the pool.

DH says we can order them not this coming friday but next his next paycheck.  Um...Ill be a few days past 38 weeks then and it still will need to have time to be shipped here.  That wont due.  I reminded him of this and he, just as me, realized suddenly it was closer than he thought.  He said we can just order them no biggie.  Money is tight but tighter since DH got stranded at a gasstation the other night since our ignition and steering column locked up.  He was stuck for 3 hours before giving up and having the car towed.  Ya know when your key wont turn but if you jigggle the wheel it will free up, well ours wouldnt and instead the steering wheel locked up too.  We found out that part of our car was on recall so we had to get it fixed.  Hated that tow fee though it set us back since we were already kinda tight this week.

So today I am just emotional and cant figure out why, switching from grumpy to crying, just tired and run down feeling.  Having lots of BH contractions, and weird pinching in my cervix.  My toddler who is still taking a pacifier (and I don't wanna take it while he is cutting two new teeth) has managed to lose 5 brand new pacifiers in two days around the house and for some crazy reason I cant find them anywhere.  He likes to throw things away and I was always finding them in the trash but not this time.  I have looked everywhere so I call myself. Its like there is a little black hole only he knows about and he throws them in there.  We had one on a very strong paci clip and he managed to lose that one as well after a few days.  Now he is just crying and being so horrible and I am here alone with him and we just cry together.  It just a stressful day I suppose. 

OH MY GOSH, just as I wrote this he appeared before me with the very first one he lost that has the ribbon clip on it.  That little stinker has to have a secret hiding place and when he wants one bad enough he goes and gets one.  I swear he is playing games with me, hahaha.  Okay... Now to find the other 4, lol. 

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#138 of 157 Old 05-07-2011, 03:11 PM

Wow! Lots happening!

Josie-- I hear you about only needing stuff for *me*! I still need a few bras, tanks, nursing tops, a few pj tops...etc. <-- I keep putting things in front of these and pretty soon I'll be desperate haha

Annabelle--- I'm SOOOOO happy for you! And also giving you good luck vibes on the CL!

Still in super panic nesting mode-- Thankfully DH is here to help me this weekend and he is working his little hiney off. We got a good bit accomplished today and hopefully will tomorrow too! 

I have 4 weeks until DD's birthday party! <--- It's at our family's beach house about 2.5 hours away... so hopefully no labor! haha 

- 5 weeks until my due date! <--- please stay in little baby!

- 8 weeks until the house goes on the market officially! <--- oh.my.goodness!

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#139 of 157 Old 05-07-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post

Hay ladies, I am sorry I haven't been here as much. I just wanted to post that we closed on our farm today! Now we wait for baby to come and recover and we can move!

Wahoo!joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#140 of 157 Old 05-07-2011, 04:17 PM

Annabelle- Hope craigslist sent some money your way!!

Sharita- I'm having the same day! DD1 is being uber clingy and whiny. Thankfully its almost bed time for all 3 of them :) Oh and I keep having that same pinching in my cervix feeling too.

So my day started with another rousing edition of "What the hell did the kids get into today?" with appearances by the bowl of pudding powder mixed with water and microwaved into oblivion (had to throw said bowl out. It was a goner) and the $30 video game purchased on DH xbox live account that's NON-REFUNDABLE. Most people hear this and say "You should put up baby gates." I laugh. Hard. And then harder. Because we have homemade baby gates. My children are CIA material. Every single gate/barrier we've bought/made they've figured out OR gotten around. Currently there is a 4.5 ft tall gate across the hallway to keep them in their bedroom/playroom area. My oldest found a small knot hole that he sticks his toe in and pulls himself up and over the gate (I watched him do it). He then can open it for his brother to get out. I'm simply at a loss.

DH took the boys to our friend's house so he could work on raking their leaves (this has been a 3 week project and if he hadn't already been paid I would tell him to forget about it.) So me and DD1 hung around the house. I cleaned the ENTIRE kitchen and washed every dish. I swept what I could of the floor and sifted the puppies litter so they could potty freely again (they do really well unless it gets over full of poopy and then they start going under the kitchen table.) Washed some random laundry because I'm tired of the piles of dirty clothes so I just keep throwing whatever I find in the washing machine. I made a gallon of sweet tea and I fried up a package of hamburger (I think it was like 2 lbs) and split it between Burger Mac and Shepherd's Pie for dinner. Now we'll have leftovers for lunch tomorrow :) Oh and I made a bowl of pudding (of which will be consumed after the minions go to bed!) since the package was sitting open on the table.

OK so this one's gonna be totally TMI *Warning Warning TMI Alert* but it's too funny not to share.

DH got a little frisky before work so we snuck in the bedroom and locked the door and DTD. Well he grabbed my panties and put them down there to clean up/contain the mess while I got up and I told him to hand me his dirty shirt instead because it was bigger, which he does. I walk to the bathroom to go potty and shower and I put the shirt in the hamper and sit on the potty to pee. When I stand up and turn around there's something in the toilet and I have a small panicky moment until I realize...it's my panties ROTFLMAO.gifyeah I totally forgot about them...OOPs. needless to say DH and I had a nice laugh in the shower before he went to work.

#141 of 157 Old 05-08-2011, 06:37 AM

HAPPY MOTHER's DAY LADIES!!!

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#142 of 157 Old 05-08-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post

Annabelle- Hope craigslist sent some money your way!!

Sharita- I'm having the same day! DD1 is being uber clingy and whiny. Thankfully its almost bed time for all 3 of them :) Oh and I keep having that same pinching in my cervix feeling too.

So my day started with another rousing edition of "What the hell did the kids get into today?" with appearances by the bowl of pudding powder mixed with water and microwaved into oblivion (had to throw said bowl out. It was a goner) and the $30 video game purchased on DH xbox live account that's NON-REFUNDABLE. Most people hear this and say "You should put up baby gates." I laugh. Hard. And then harder. Because we have homemade baby gates. My children are CIA material. Every single gate/barrier we've bought/made they've figured out OR gotten around. Currently there is a 4.5 ft tall gate across the hallway to keep them in their bedroom/playroom area. My oldest found a small knot hole that he sticks his toe in and pulls himself up and over the gate (I watched him do it). He then can open it for his brother to get out. I'm simply at a loss.

DH took the boys to our friend's house so he could work on raking their leaves (this has been a 3 week project and if he hadn't already been paid I would tell him to forget about it.) So me and DD1 hung around the house. I cleaned the ENTIRE kitchen and washed every dish. I swept what I could of the floor and sifted the puppies litter so they could potty freely again (they do really well unless it gets over full of poopy and then they start going under the kitchen table.) Washed some random laundry because I'm tired of the piles of dirty clothes so I just keep throwing whatever I find in the washing machine. I made a gallon of sweet tea and I fried up a package of hamburger (I think it was like 2 lbs) and split it between Burger Mac and Shepherd's Pie for dinner. Now we'll have leftovers for lunch tomorrow :) Oh and I made a bowl of pudding (of which will be consumed after the minions go to bed!) since the package was sitting open on the table.

OK so this one's gonna be totally TMI *Warning Warning TMI Alert* but it's too funny not to share.

DH got a little frisky before work so we snuck in the bedroom and locked the door and DTD. Well he grabbed my panties and put them down there to clean up/contain the mess while I got up and I told him to hand me his dirty shirt instead because it was bigger, which he does. I walk to the bathroom to go potty and shower and I put the shirt in the hamper and sit on the potty to pee. When I stand up and turn around there's something in the toilet and I have a small panicky moment until I realize...it's my panties ROTFLMAO.gifyeah I totally forgot about them...OOPs. needless to say DH and I had a nice laugh in the shower before he went to work.

Sold nothing yet, oh well. 

Totalling LOLing at your what the hell did the kids do today. Had exact same experience above, in fact we no longer have a microwave b/c they blew it up and set it on fire two years ago. On Thursday I took 3 children shopping and left my twins babysitting the little ones. While they were making lunch Finnian and Eiley got into the flour and were covered head to toe, so was the kitchen covered.

And the TMI was hilarious!

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#143 of 157 Old 05-08-2011, 12:25 PM

Warning, very grumpy vent to follow.  So DH and I share custody of our 4 kids.  Then I have 1 and other on the way with current DH.  Ex gets them more than I do unfortunately though as he got "residential custody" and I only get them every other weekend.  He left me with no money as he controlled it all and then I had to go in unrepresented in court and was living with my mom at the time and didn't have bedrooms for them all etc so he got the majority though its technically listed as joint.  Anyway so you think on mothers day, hed be less than the evil a-hole he is.  But no, his girlfriend (which he quickly got engaged to after our divorce was final) has been living there playing mommy to my kids.  She is nice to them and thats wonderful, it could be worse, however, she is so insecure that she wont let DH and I just work things out on our own or make scheduling decisions or anything I am only allowed to talk to her.  Yep.  He wont even answer his phone if he isnt with her but will call me back when she is around so it can be on speaker so she can monitor.  Every week it is always something with them drama wise.  Nothing can be easy and we cant all just get along they are always calling and complaining about something I am not doing right as a mom. 

Anyway, So today, he wont let me get them until after they all go to church as a family, and when they get here, I get all the papers they made in sunday school but my daughter tells me the actual crafts and flowers she made in school went to his girlfriend.  I asked him why a woman who isnt even their step mom who gets to see my kids every single day when I don't gets all that special stuff that should be for their actual mom.  He said it was my daughters decision.  She is 7, comeon, I understand she saw her first upon bringing it home and didn't even think about it but you would think he would suggest she save at least one thing for me, her actual mama.  I asked her and she said "A" commented on it so much and hinted that she wanted it so she gave it to her.  I did all I could not to make my daughter feel bad as she is just so sweet and wants to please everyone I know she doesn't understand.  I asked her if next time, maybe we could give one thing her "A" and one to me because it was such a special day for me and the stuff she makes means so much to me.  I could tell she was afraid she hurt my feelings though but she is okay now.

No matter how I look at it, I jsut can't get over that his girlfriend gets MY mothers day stuff when she already gets my kids more than I do. I really hate those two sometimes and how they talk so poorly about me in front of my kids and they come back and tell me when as much as I hate him when they complain about him, I take up for him as that is their dad.  I guess not all of us are mature enough to put our kids' feelings above our own. Or how the man I had to leave for being an abusive bully got to keep my kids.  Of course, if life was fair, I wouldn't be stuck in a two bdr apt and not able to afford to take him back to court to get my babies.  I hate how though I walked away he still gets to bully me like he did while we were married but does it through my kids now.  If he is pissed at me, he threatens to not let me see them etc. 

I am determined not to let it ruin my mothers day.  He dropped them off and I got them for a few hours anyway.  Ugh, whatever. 

Happy mothers day to all you wonderful mamas!!!!

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#144 of 157 Old 05-08-2011, 03:13 PM

Sharita, that really sucks! :( Your DD sounds like a real sweetie, though.

My Mother's Day was a bit... ehh. By the time we got back from church we were in a rush to ice the carrot cake and clean the house so MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL, their two kids, and DH's grandmother could come over. DH is re-entering the induction phase of Atkins after a lapse over Easter, so was in a ghastly mood (apparently this happens on day 3 of entering ketosis). Given that I didn't particularly want to be catering for his mother on Mother's Day, I wasn't too impressed, and at one point threatened to leave him to entertain them and go elsewhere. But we got through that, and they all showed up (MIL and FIL didn't bring any food... hmmph), and we had an OK afternoon.

Anyway, DH seemed to realise at some point that this wasn't exactly a fun day of relaxation for me. So tonight we're going out for dinner. Sans DD, which seems kind of odd for a Mother's Day celebration, but it'll be a lot easier!

Quote:
Smokering - I'm glad your baby shower went well. Do you have any cake pics you'd like to share?

Our camera's still AWOL, but I can ask my sister if she took any photos at the party. It wasn't the most glamorous cake ever, but yummy. Three tiers of lemon cake sandwiched with lemon curd, and then a lemon curd-cream cheese icing. And then I made pale blue polka dots in different sizes out of fondant and popped them all over the cake. Which looked cute enough, except they kept trying to slide down the sides of the cake. Grrr. There was HEAPS left over so we ended up eating a bunch of it the next day at church for morning tea.

My little sister also made some cute cupcakes using jelly beans and dots of icing to make little baby feet on top. Very neat! :)

Well, I have very little planned for this week. I need to buy some loose pregnancy tea herbs... go to Spotlight for fabric and thread... check out our local op shop for stretchy fabric... make myself some nursing PJs for after birth... meet the backup midwife... get DD's hair cut... and plan our trip to Auckland. Oh, and we have to get the car WOFed. Forgot about that. That means I won't have it Tuesday or Wednesday. OK, that means I should do a bunch of errands today. Good to know!

Also, this pregnancy insomnia is KILLING me! I swear I was awake for 3 hours last night, from about 2 to 5. I kept thinking about labour. :p Then when I did sleep, I had weird dreams in which I was sharing a hotel suite with heaps of other people and pregnant women, and these two teen mothers wanted to use the birth tubs, and I kept trying to explain to them that they weren't in labour yet and sitting in the tubs wouldn't actually induce labour, and other people wanted to use the bathrooms, etc, but they wouldn't listen to me. And then I got sick of being pregnant so I decided to go ahead and fill up a birth tub too ('cause of course, that makes sense), but a rich, snobby couple kept making me get out to fetch them napkins and snacks and things. It was very odd... and not at all relaxing.

#145 of 157 Old 05-08-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

Also, this pregnancy insomnia is KILLING me! I swear I was awake for 3 hours last night, from about 2 to 5.

This happens to me most nights!  I get up in the morning and try to do things, but I end up dragging most of the morning because I'm so sleepy.  The few times I've mentioned it to friends they all say something along the lines of "it's the baby preparing you for waking up at night!", which they seem to think is hilarious.  eyesroll.gif

Also, I don't know whether to thank you or grumble at you for introducing me to I Am Baker.  orngtongue.gif  So many delicious-looking things, and I don't even like cake!  I guess I could always make them and send them to work with DH... He'd earn brownie points, and I'd get to play with frosting without feeling obligated to eat it.  Win-win, right?

#146 of 157 Old 05-08-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

Also, this pregnancy insomnia is KILLING me! I swear I was awake for 3 hours last night, from about 2 to 5. I kept thinking about labour. :p Then when I did sleep, I had weird dreams in which I was sharing a hotel suite with heaps of other people and pregnant women, and these two teen mothers wanted to use the birth tubs, and I kept trying to explain to them that they weren't in labour yet and sitting in the tubs wouldn't actually induce labour, and other people wanted to use the bathrooms, etc, but they wouldn't listen to me. And then I got sick of being pregnant so I decided to go ahead and fill up a birth tub too ('cause of course, that makes sense), but a rich, snobby couple kept making me get out to fetch them napkins and snacks and things. It was very odd... and not at all relaxing.

I am so in that same boat! I haven't hardly slept at all for the past few nights and it's really awful. My dreams are bizarre and wake me up. My mouth gets too dry and I have to wake up to take drinks of water. I have to pee every 2 hours so then that wakes me up. I can't get comfortable. And for some odd reason I keep getting songs stuck in my head that will replay through my dreams ALL FREAKING NIGHT LONG and it's so disturbing to me that it keeps me from sleeping! I'm pretty sure I'll be taking some Benadryl tonight so I can totally shut my brain OFF and get some sleep.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#147 of 157 Old 05-08-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Also, I don't know whether to thank you or grumble at you for introducing me to I Am Baker.  orngtongue.gif  So many delicious-looking things, and I don't even like cake!  I guess I could always make them and send them to work with DH... He'd earn brownie points, and I'd get to play with frosting without feeling obligated to eat it.  Win-win, right?

Yeah, I've never been a huge cake person either, but now I keep wanting to build six-layer ones! I love the look of tall cakes. Hard to cut, though... Isn't her hydrangea cake gorgeous? I should make one for Mum sometime, she loves hydrangeas. Need to get some more piping tips and a decent-sized piping bag, though. My piping bags in the past have tended to go mouldy and smell, so now I usually just make disposable ones out of baking paper; but that only works for small quantities.

I used to make baking to send to DH's work to sell in the tearoom. Not cakes, usually: muffins or brownies or occasionally fudge, for $1-$2 a pop. They were pretty popular and it was nice to get all the compliments, although I don't think I made much of a profit. I got a few cake decorating/baking gigs from it, though. But now DH works from home, so! Then I was bartering baked goods for raw milk from DH's best friend's brother, but he switched farms and decided he couldn't supply me any more. Apparently he still raves about my chocolate chip cookies, so I've told DH's friend to keep reminding him that he can reopen the deal at any time. :p I miss my raw milk!

#148 of 157 Old 05-08-2011, 05:27 PM

Oh ladies... I am still there on the no sleeping thing. Sometimes (after night and nights of no sleep..) I can stay up until about 12, take a Melatonin, and then sleep in the guest bedroom and get decent sleep. But other than that-- I have to MAKE myself get up and take a shower to get going or else I will lay on the couch grumpy, watching DD play all day. 

Maybe when the baby comes I will be so exhausted that sleep will happen...every two hours and when DD isn't awake... and DH is home. <-- Oh geez...

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#149 of 157 Old 05-09-2011, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter

I am having trouble sleeping too. For the last week or so, I have been getting up between 6-10 times a night to pee. Yes, that's right, 6-10 times. I try to limit my fluid intake after 7pm, but it is getting increasingly hard to do that as I am hungry and thirsty ALL THE TIME!! I keep almonds on my nightstand because I wake up so often at night that I need to eat.

Sharita, that sucks, mama. I have so many friends that are currently or recently involved in messy divorces and it is just so frustrating and painful. Big hugs, mama.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#150 of 157 Old 05-09-2011, 06:14 AM

Sharita I am so sorry that you're having to deal with that awful custody stuff. It sounds like your ex's girlfriend is a total control freak. I'm glad you got to spend at least a few hours with your kids though. I am thankful every day that I don't have to mess with all that visitation and custody stuff with my ex-husband. Of course, it also means that he hasn't seen my kids in over 9 years and they have absolutely NO idea who he is... but there are benefits to that as well.

I took a Benadryl last night because I just could NOT go another night without sleeping. I'm feeling about 100% better this morning. I only had to get up once to pee instead of the minimum 5 times, and my weird dreams didn't bother me at all. I'm sure I had weird dreams, but I don't remember them so it's all good!

This week is looking to be a pretty typical one, which means that it will be busy. However, since I'm done with school all the way it means that I have more free time to take care of all the things that need to get done. Sunday is maternity/family picture day and my second baby shower. I'm so excited!

Jenni

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page