MAY we start our countdown?? ***Chat thread for May*** The babes are almost here :) - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 157 Old 05-09-2011, 07:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Count me in with the insomnia club!

Sharita - I'm sorry your ex and his GF are being like that! How awful. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

My Mother's Day was a bit... ehh. By the time we got back from church we were in a rush to ice the carrot cake and clean the house so MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL, their two kids, and DH's grandmother could come over. DH is re-entering the induction phase of Atkins after a lapse over Easter, so was in a ghastly mood (apparently this happens on day 3 of entering ketosis). Given that I didn't particularly want to be catering for his mother on Mother's Day, I wasn't too impressed, and at one point threatened to leave him to entertain them and go elsewhere. But we got through that, and they all showed up (MIL and FIL didn't bring any food... hmmph), and we had an OK afternoon.

Anyway, DH seemed to realise at some point that this wasn't exactly a fun day of relaxation for me. So tonight we're going out for dinner. Sans DD, which seems kind of odd for a Mother's Day celebration, but it'll be a lot easier!

Our camera's still AWOL, but I can ask my sister if she took any photos at the party. It wasn't the most glamorous cake ever, but yummy. Three tiers of lemon cake sandwiched with lemon curd, and then a lemon curd-cream cheese icing. And then I made pale blue polka dots in different sizes out of fondant and popped them all over the cake. Which looked cute enough, except they kept trying to slide down the sides of the cake. Grrr. There was HEAPS left over so we ended up eating a bunch of it the next day at church for morning tea.

My little sister also made some cute cupcakes using jelly beans and dots of icing to make little baby feet on top. Very neat! :)

I'm sorry your Mother's Day was kinda lame. Catering to the MIL would bug the heck out of me. I hope dinner was nice at least!

I'd love to see pics if you have any. That cake sounds sooo good. I love baking.

We had another crummy weekend, sick AGAIN, stuck inside with beautiful sunny weather outside. I was trying to figure out why I keep getting sick, then it occurred to me - I'm always at the freaking doctor's office for midwife appts. No wonder I keep catching stuff!

I've been having a lot of AF-like cramps (contractions?) over the last few days. It puts me on edge, because despite what everyone says, you don't always know whether or not it's the real thing until the contractions either get stronger or go away. I never had cramps like these until I was actually in labour with DD1. I wonder if this means I'm going to going into labour vaguely soon-ish?

It's so weird having this uncertainty. I could have a baby by next week, or I could have it in 5 weeks. If only I had a crystal ball...

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 157 Old 05-09-2011, 07:13 AM

Anyone else been over to the new trading post? I just posted and it was super cool! I like it a lot better than the old. I wasn't even aware that they had changed it haha

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#153 of 157 Old 05-09-2011, 10:26 AM

insomia here too.  I will be so tired I can't hold my eyes open in the livingroom so I will make my way to the bedroom, get all comfy, then can't sleep.  2-3 hours later I am still up.  I take benedryl some tried meletonin, midwife suggested valerian root, but I haven't tried it yet.  I have the weirdest side effect from melatonin and benedryl though, They do work to make me drowsy and be able to shut my brain down but then I am up with restless leg syndrome.  Never had it before this pregnancy or before this stage.  It could just be a huge coincidence but it only happens the nights I take a sleep aid.  I get super drowsy, then get that weird feeling in my legs and hav eto move them, over and over again until I am even more miserable than if I just was wide awake because now I am actually sleepy but legs wwont let me sleep.  I can't win, lol.  By the way, the its even more strange that I had been taking this stuff occasionally before this point and never had this happen, its just a recent thing.  Never happens unless I take something to sleep though. Weird!

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#154 of 157 Old 05-09-2011, 10:38 AM

When I wake in the night and cannot return to sleep I am using Wishgarden tincture Sleepy Nights for pregnancy. It seems to work most nights.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#155 of 157 Old 05-09-2011, 10:39 AM

Benadryl makes my RLS way worse. Like, crazy spastic movements. It's so weird! The melatonin by itself generally doesn't do anything but occasionally allow my mind to shut off. I wish the Benadryl worked :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharita View Post

insomia here too.  I will be so tired I can't hold my eyes open in the livingroom so I will make my way to the bedroom, get all comfy, then can't sleep.  2-3 hours later I am still up.  I take benedryl some tried meletonin, midwife suggested valerian root, but I haven't tried it yet.  I have the weirdest side effect from melatonin and benedryl though, They do work to make me drowsy and be able to shut my brain down but then I am up with restless leg syndrome.  Never had it before this pregnancy or before this stage.  It could just be a huge coincidence but it only happens the nights I take a sleep aid.  I get super drowsy, then get that weird feeling in my legs and hav eto move them, over and over again until I am even more miserable than if I just was wide awake because now I am actually sleepy but legs wwont let me sleep.  I can't win, lol.  By the way, the its even more strange that I had been taking this stuff occasionally before this point and never had this happen, its just a recent thing.  Never happens unless I take something to sleep though. Weird!

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#156 of 157 Old 05-09-2011, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Sharita - What a heartbreaking situation you're in. I'm so sorry that you must deal with all of this. ((HUGS))

Add me to the non-sleeping boat. And I'm a complete grump about it too. Last night was especially terrible. I could not get comfortable. I tossed and turned incessantly, peed every few hours, and just kept looking at the clock. It was terrible. It's awful when you know you have to get up the next day and there's nothing you can do to sleep. My first daycare kiddo arrives at 6:45am. I'm sure my parents must think I'm a horrible slob right now as I sleep in until the last possible second, throw clothes on, and pull my hair back to start my day. I have an extra kiddo today due to drop in. So the grand total is 7 (including my DS). It's a struggle all day just to keep up and keep my moodiness/exhaustion from coming out too much. But I just keep trying to tell myself that I'm in the home stretch. I remember after DS was born feeling much better rested with a newborn than I felt during the third trimester of pregnancy. I'm really hoping that's the case this time around, but we'll see. With my almost four year old bouncing around nonstop, I won't exactly get all of those peaceful naps with my newborn like I had with him either.

On a less whiny note, I got my garden in over the weekend. I was a little overzealous with buying my seeds, so I didn't plant everything I wanted to plant. But I am just happy that the plants are in the ground. I have tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, peppers (a couple of different kinds), spinach, lettuce, and arugula. I still need to lay my paper down and mulch, but at least stuff is in the ground.

We're still chipping away at DS's superhero bedroom. My parents came over last week and painted trim for me. My mom is coming over sometime this week to do the second coat on the trim. Bless her! DH is done with finals after Wednesday and then he'll have time to actually help for a bit. He's going to spray paint and assemble DS's bunk bed, and paint the dresser (that I still need to find).

I've at least started my basket of stuff that I'm supposed to have compiled for my home birth, but I still have a ways to go. But there is a basket set aside and there's a few things in it. That makes me feel a bit better.

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
#157 of 157 Old 05-09-2011, 01:23 PM

hey ladies! come on over to the may, week 2 thread :)

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page