Who else is due at the end of June? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 303 Old 06-13-2011, 05:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel like for the majority of this pregnancy, it has really gone by in a flash - that I woke up one day and was in the third trimester. And now, ever since I hit 37w last week, everything has come to a screeching halt! All of a sudden, the days seem like an eternity and I am moving so slowly. I do not remember this happening at all last time around - in fact, I remember the last few weeks being filled with a strange energy burst and getting A TON of projects around the house. I wish I could tap into that energy now! There is a bunch of stuff around here that really *should* to get done, but really isn't on my priority list so just kind of gets overlooked.

38 weeks yesterday... any day now, baby! I am ready!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#62 of 303 Old 06-13-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald_Bull's_Mama View Post

My mom was asking every time I talked to her. I told her we actually aren't going to call anyone not on the birth team until afterwards. She sounded kind of disappointed, but understood my reasoning. Honestly, if I could tell her and her not call constantly to "see how things are going", I would, but that isn't going to happen.

I'll be 39 weeks on Tuesday. I, too, waiver between thinking something is going to happen soon and thinking it will be after the 4th of July. I sort of have June 25 in my head. My edd is the 21st by my calculations, the midwife's office actually has the 17th by the sono. I'm still pretty comfortable, so fine with waiting as long as it takes. I've been getting a LOT of last minute knitting done, which is super cool.

I will also be 39 weeks tuesday. I'm excited that another week has just about passed. I am trying to stay busy and get stuff done, I'm tired and a little sore from baby engaging . I keep wondering to myself if baby is anywhere near ready partly b/c I just don't feel stretched quite as thin as I did at this point in my pregnancy with my boys.....I did start out a bit heavier this time though. I guess it could also be my mentality this time knowing babies sometimes stay in past their estimated due date. July 4th seems so far away but there is allways that possibility! We are all getting so close and it's so exciting, I am not having many signs of anything happening...just a couple little streals of clear mucus on the toilet paper and some braxton hicks.

I just love the way kisses make ''booboo's'' all better.
#63 of 303 Old 06-13-2011, 07:18 AM

I feel the same way... since hitting 37 weeks life has really slowed to a crawl. I'm not working much, just trying to clean the house, tie up loose ends with the thought in mind of "I don't know if I'll be able to do this tomorrow, in case I go into labor". I'm not that physically uncomfortable most of the time. I think I am just bored. And grumpy because I can't plan stuff. Also grumpy because we've been trying to get rid of our couch since Memorial Day weekend and it is STILL HERE. We found an outfit that will take it for free but they won't get it until Wednesday, so I guess I just have to hope I'm not in the hospital then.

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#64 of 303 Old 06-13-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erigeron View Post

I feel the same way... since hitting 37 weeks life has really slowed to a crawl. I'm not working much, just trying to clean the house, tie up loose ends with the thought in mind of "I don't know if I'll be able to do this tomorrow, in case I go into labor". I'm not that physically uncomfortable most of the time. I think I am just bored. And grumpy because I can't plan stuff. 

This sounds like exactly what's going on at my house, I'm stuck between, life is moving SO slowly, and "it could be tomorrow, what do I NEED to get done today".  Though, if this one is anything like DD, I'll have a good couple days of prodromal labor to warn me.  Today is 39 weeks and I'm so antsy!!

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

#65 of 303 Old 06-13-2011, 10:34 AM

Hang in there Mamas!!  I hit 38 weeks today and am glad that I am finally to this point.  There were a couple of weeks there where I did not feel like I was going to make it.  Mentally I'm doing much better, but physically, I am wiped out today.  DS and I played so hard at the pool yesterday, and it wore me out. 

I'm still working, but I am having a really hard time concentrating.  Normally I stay pretty busy and the days go by so fast, but I've been farming work out and getting ready to be out on leave and haven't had as much to do.  It makes the days go by so slowly. 

I'm going to start taking EPO today.  Then, tomorrow night my favorite band in the world is playing here in Atlanta.  I'm planning on going and hopefully dancing this baby out.  haha.  We'll see what happens. 

Here are some good end of pregnancy vibes.  goodvibes.gif

Mama to my 4-year-old lil' man and with a new little one on the way.
#66 of 303 Old 06-13-2011, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I also feel like things have slowed down. But I'm at a point where I'm okay with that. We've been working working working around here to get so many things done. Everything is pretty much done now. At least done enough that I feel like I can relax and breathe a bit easier! So now I'm happy to have time in the evenings to relax and just enjoy being with my DS. Work is definitely getting harder, but I'm just trying to take it moment by moment and survive right now. But with stuff being done around the house even work seems less stressful because I can truly relax during naptime and after the kiddos leave.

I went swimming yesterday and did plenty of breaststroke making sure to rotate my legs all the way out so that my hips got opened up good and wide! orngbiggrin.gif It was a good time hanging out with DS and DH. I've definitely felt twingy right around my cervix area. So that's some excitement anyways! I did tell DH that he was going to have to make himself ummm....available...every night from here on out. He gave me a look like I was nuts. I guess he's feeling used! lol.gif I think he should enjoy it while it lasts considering it took me forever after DS's birth before I was ready for any kind of action!

Crystal (34) married to nursing student DH (38) partners.gif ,  mama to superhero.gif(7/07), brokenheart.gif (1/09), and rainbow1284.gifjammin.gif (7/11) and stork-suprise.gif (12/28) homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg homeschool.gif
#67 of 303 Old 06-13-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimming-duck View Post

I did tell DH that he was going to have to make himself ummm....available...every night from here on out. He gave me a look like I was nuts. I guess he's feeling used! lol.gif I think he should enjoy it while it lasts considering it took me forever after DS's birth before I was ready for any kind of action!

This is awesome.  I called DP a few hours ago and said, "OK, we are having sex tonight and every night until I have this baby."  I think he feels a little used, too.  innocent.gif

#68 of 303 Old 06-13-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post
 All of a sudden, the days seem like an eternity and I am moving so slowly. I do not remember this happening at all last time around - in fact, I remember the last few weeks being filled with a strange energy burst and getting A TON of projects around the house. I wish I could tap into that energy now! There is a bunch of stuff around here that really *should* to get done, but really isn't on my priority list so just kind of gets overlooked.

38 weeks yesterday... any day now, baby! I am ready!

This is totally me!  Maybe having a kid/kids already sucks away any last-minute energy we might be getting otherwise?  Plus there's the fact that I realize that so much of the prep work I did for my first baby was unneccesary.  You really don't need a lot for a newborn. 

I've had two visits to a chiropractor for hip pain (I think it's SPD) and am actually feeling worlds better than I was last week.  So whereas at 37 weeks the thought of being pregnant for 3 more weeks was impossible to contemplate now at 38 weeks I think I can handle it. 

But baby,  I'm VERY ready for you to come!  A thunderstorm woke me up in the middle of the night and initiated about an hour of regular waves.  Which fizzled into nothing leaving me hyped up, disapointed, and unable to get back to sleep.  So now I'm at work and exhausted.  Blah.

Lovin my SAHD DH and 2 kiddos

#69 of 303 Old 06-14-2011, 06:34 PM

I'm 38w today and technically, totally ready (last weekend, we set up the co-sleeper and packed the hospital bag, finished putting away her clothes, etc.). But on Monday (38w6d), the contractor is coming to install the sink base, dishwasher, and the last of the lower cabinets. So I'm in no rush; I'd really like for the kitchen to be a little more functional than just a range and a lemon of a brand-new fridge! It takes so much more time to go down to the basement and bring all the food up from the fridge to cook it, then bring all the dishes and pots down to clean. I feel like I spend so much extra time on food now because of the displacement, and I really just want to rest, but can't bring myself to use takeout every night. Now that we're short a fridge+freezer, there really isn't space for stocking up on casseroles and such, and maybe enough for a few things at Costco.

Anyway, I'm still pretty comfortable. I dropped last week and am peeing more often, but other than that, I feel the same as I have all throughout the pregnancy. I expect she'll come along in a week or two when she's ready. Our doula has to go out of town for the weekend at 40w3d, so hopefully she'll come early/on time or nearly a full week late; I'd reeeeeally like to not have to use the backup doula!

#70 of 303 Old 06-14-2011, 08:51 PM

I'm 39 today. I've been feeling more prebirthing sensations lately and a lot of cervical twinges/head butts last night. I swear, my belly feels higher. Maybe she's just shifted so she's at the very top and at the bottom. Unfun. By the end of the day, my right hip really hurts. Made a massage appointment, but couldn't get in until Saturday. Hope I make it!

I'm waiting until Friday to listen to my Birthing Day Affirmations CD. The friend who is watching DS is out of town until Thursday night. I have back ups, but she really wants to be there.

I made a sea vegetable soup today that is supposed to be really enriching for after birth, a veganized version of a traditional Asian soup eaten in the week after birth. I didn't try it, freezing it until I need it. We'll see how it turns out. You can really smell the seaweed in it....

BFing, bedsharing, toddler wearing, non-circing, vegan mama to the sweetest boy in the world (2/08), wife to my spicy rock star (4/06) and expecting a new family member 6/11
#71 of 303 Old 06-16-2011, 12:49 PM

I'll be 39 weeks on Saturday. Midwife appt was yesterday. Baby has dropped- not much but after measuring ahead pretty much the whole time and measuring 39 1/2 last week and only 38 yesterday it was nice to know I hadn't imagined her dropping. Last week I was dilated to 1cm and still thick. As of yesterday I was 2-3cm dilated and about 70% effaced so something has been going on down there! That really boosted my spirits! While she was checking me she offered to strip/sweep my membranes and I happily agreed. She said that if the sweep was succesful I would go into labor within 24-48 hours. Eh, who knows. I had some cramping on and off for a little bit afterwards. I've also had a handful of more intense feeling contractions- definitely different from BH but very random and not that many.  She said I might have some spotting right after and I did a teensy bit right after but for the next several hours nothing, then a little bit of non-bloody mucous later in the evening and then a little bit of bloody show last night and this morning which is always a good sign right? I don't think labor is right around the corner but knowing my cervix is changing has been enough of a morale booster to get me through a few more days without feeling totally frustrated.

Melanie
#72 of 303 Old 06-17-2011, 07:51 AM

I have been in severe pain for the past 2 days.  So much so that I can barely walk around the house.  My hips, crotch, groin and upper legs are absolutely killing me!  I hate it because I haven't been able to go in to work and feel absolutely useless.  I am definitely reaching that end of the road of pregnancy feeling.  Oh baby, please, please come.  I am so ready to see you.

#73 of 303 Old 06-19-2011, 01:11 AM

Our EDD is July 1st, but I'm pretty sure she'll come before then. The OB wants her out by 40 weeks, preferably 39 because of medical issues. Both of our boys came on their own in their 39th weeks, so we'll see. 

#74 of 303 Old 06-19-2011, 11:27 AM

Cuddlemama, can you go get a massage? I had one yesterday and feel SO much better! I'm scheduling another for next week, then I'll cancel if I have the baby before then.

BFing, bedsharing, toddler wearing, non-circing, vegan mama to the sweetest boy in the world (2/08), wife to my spicy rock star (4/06) and expecting a new family member 6/11
#75 of 303 Old 06-19-2011, 11:49 AM

I was thinking of getting myself a pedi this week! Not only will it feel great....but I do know that some good foot massage can help with labor too :)

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#76 of 303 Old 06-19-2011, 12:55 PM

I had a massage on Thursday and my shoulders are still in knots! (This is a chronic problem for me, since way before pregnancy.) Scheduled another for Tuesday which is my EDD, so if I have the baby before then I'll cancel it. I signed up for a subscription service at this massage place, so I'm charged for one massage a month and some months I haven't been at all... so I have a backlog of a few, and it won't be any easier to get them after the baby is born. :)

Waiting takes so much patience. And I am not by nature a patient person. This too shall pass!

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#77 of 303 Old 06-19-2011, 04:05 PM

I'll be 40 weeks on tuesday. Has anyone else felt a decrease in movement? Or more that it's lighter or something? This babe has never been a strong kicker but it's movements feel very soft yesterday and today. Trying not to worry, lol. I'm trying to remember if I had this last time near the end?

Claire, book reading, tree loving, coffee drinking wife to K, and happy SAHM to ds G Feb '09 home birth, dd C ~ free birthed June '11, and now a new lil surprise due October 2012 joy.gif

#78 of 303 Old 06-19-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyClark View Post

I was thinking of getting myself a pedi this week! Not only will it feel great....but I do know that some good foot massage can help with labor too :)

I've been thinking of doing this. My reason is a bit more superficial. I want cute toenails for my birth pictures...lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeMoon View Post

I'll be 40 weeks on tuesday. Has anyone else felt a decrease in movement? Or more that it's lighter or something? This babe has never been a strong kicker but it's movements feel very soft yesterday and today. Trying not to worry, lol. I'm trying to remember if I had this last time near the end?

I have for awhile now. I think as baby has continued to drop down and wedge in there's less room for baby to maneuver!

Crystal (34) married to nursing student DH (38) partners.gif ,  mama to superhero.gif(7/07), brokenheart.gif (1/09), and rainbow1284.gifjammin.gif (7/11) and stork-suprise.gif (12/28) homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg homeschool.gif
#79 of 303 Old 06-19-2011, 07:07 PM

LOL Crystal!  Yes...I was thinking something cute too :D  Nice french pedi!

Moon, I'd say the baby's movements are less noticable now too. I think he's resting up for the big day!

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#80 of 303 Old 06-20-2011, 07:45 PM

I'm due June 27th - so I'm 39 wks today and been in prodromal labour for 2 wks now. The last few days I've had a ton of really thick discharge (more than usual) and I have a dull pressure down there similar to when I first get a heavy period. Does anyone else have this? Does it mean labour will start soon?

Also wondering if anyone had a major mood change overall before going into labour. I've been pretty calm and happy for the last few weeks despite a few false alarms, but the past two days I'm restless, twitchy, angry, and irritable and I don't know why.

I'm starting to worry about something going wrong during delivery and I'm trying to stay positive and not think that way, but feeling very fearful for her. I just want her to be here safely.

Mama to Arielle babyf.gif07/01/11

#81 of 303 Old 06-20-2011, 10:26 PM

I've noticed a decrease in movement, too. This babe hasn't been a big mover to begin with. I actually had a NST last appt to double check.

I've definitely been feeling more irritable, I think just from getting uncomfortable.

For me, it's really important to only surround myself with positive images/stories of birth at this point. I'm visualizing my birth a lot, always the same way, how it will go, how amazing it will be, finally meeting my baby. Tomorrow is my actual edd. I started listening to my "Birthing Day Affirmations" today. Good stuff!

#82 of 303 Old 06-21-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:

I've noticed a decrease in movement, too. This babe hasn't been a big mover to begin with. I actually had a NST last appt to double check.

I've definitely been feeling more irritable, I think just from getting uncomfortable.

For me, it's really important to only surround myself with positive images/stories of birth at this point. I'm visualizing my birth a lot, always the same way, how it will go, how amazing it will be, finally meeting my baby. Tomorrow is my actual edd. I started listening to my "Birthing Day Affirmations" today. Good stuff!

I've read a few things lately that I wish I had waited to read and I'm having trouble getting rid of thoughts with fear clearing now. But I will keep trying. I've already listened to the Birthing Day Affirmations - LOVED it! 

I'm happy for you that you've been able to visualize your birth consistently. I'm working hard on this. I did finally get through a visualization. For the longest time I kept falling asleep every time I tried. Or my mind would wander and I'd forget what I was doing. I don't know if it's because this birth is going to be so different than anything I've ever experienced, but I really struggled with the visualization for awhile!

I'm feeling uncomfortable. DH and I had some time without our DS last night and I was really hoping our activities would get things going. But I woke up with no pressure waves and still pregnant. I think baby is comfy where he/she is right now!

#83 of 303 Old 06-21-2011, 07:06 AM

I'm totally with you ladies in only wanting to hear/read positive things right now. Of course after I posted about decreased movement this babe put it's dancing shoes on, hehe, and it's been two days of a ton of movement now. I keep getting these really mild contrax that get my hopes up that it's time but they only come like once an hour or twenty minutes or something and then putter out. Boo-hoo. I've gotten super braxton hick-y this past week. Today is my EDD as well and I just feel super ready to meet this babe and not be  pregnant anymore, lol. It feels like I've been preggo for FOREVER.

Claire, book reading, tree loving, coffee drinking wife to K, and happy SAHM to ds G Feb '09 home birth, dd C ~ free birthed June '11, and now a new lil surprise due October 2012 joy.gif

#84 of 303 Old 06-21-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:

Cuddlemama, can you go get a massage? I had one yesterday and feel SO much better! I'm scheduling another for next week, then I'll cancel if I have the baby before then.

A massage sounds really nice.  I've been trying not to spend any extra money - we're going to be tight while I'm on maternity leave - but it may be worth it.

Today I'm 39 weeks and 1 day.  Heading to the midwife this afternoon, and I think I'm going to have her check me.  I haven't been checked yet, and now I'm just plain curious.  I am physically drained, and it must come across to other people.  The comments from random people in public have been flooding in.  Everybody has something to say about me looking like I'm about to have this baby any minute.  I continue to try to keep a positive attitude and visualize holding and breastfeeding my little one.  Come on baby!!!

Is today the turnover from Gemini to Cancer?  I will say that I am looking forward to a Cancer baby.  I don't know a whole lot about Geminis, but my BF from college and both of my grandparents are Cancers, and I get along with all of them so well.  Maybe little one was just waiting for the Cancer sun.

#85 of 303 Old 06-21-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlemama0507 View Post

Is today the turnover from Gemini to Cancer?  I will say that I am looking forward to a Cancer baby.  I don't know a whole lot about Geminis, but my BF from college and both of my grandparents are Cancers, and I get along with all of them so well.  Maybe little one was just waiting for the Cancer sun.

I was just looking this up last night because I was curious what baby would be if born in June. Cancer starts June 21 and goes through July 22. Both myself and my DS are Cancer. He's 7/12 and I'm 7/14. So we will for sure be having a third Cancer in the family! I think Cancer rocks, but I'm biased!

#86 of 303 Old 06-21-2011, 10:58 AM

Well, I made an appt. for a pedicure, manicure, and eyebrow waxing for after I get off work tonight. So now for the first time I really do want baby to hold off. I want to get my toenails cute before birthing time. Lord knows it would be a tragedy to have ugly toes in my birthing pictures! My eyebrows do look a bit furry and overgrown right now. I may hold off on the mani because my nails actually look decent. I've been trying to keep up with them in case I start my birthing time. eyesroll.gif My pedi I definitely need though considering there's no way I could even begin to reach my toes right now. They might as well reside on Mars!

So is anyone else crazy enough to still be working right now?

I'm hoping my new cell phone comes today. I lost mine over a week ago and finally broke down and ordered a new one. What rotten timing! Dh has his, so I'm putting all of the necessary phone numbers into that one, but what a pain!

#87 of 303 Old 06-21-2011, 11:47 AM

I would work if I got the opportunity, but that basically involves calling every store in the area and asking if they have shifts for me, or calling the most likely ones. Most pharmacy managers like to schedule 2-3 weeks out (and really, I can't blame them), so they're unlikely to have anything soon. I've also distributed my number so theoretically if anyone calls in sick I might get called and asked to cover. My regular manager is supposed to be keeping his feelers out for anything that crops up for me.

It's probably just as well, but I have to admit the extra money would be nice.

#88 of 303 Old 06-21-2011, 12:27 PM

Yeah, I've gotten totally antsy in the last, maybe, 3 days. Before, I was, like, Oh, come out whenever, be 2 weeks over, that's fine. But, suddenly, I'm ready! I'm uncomfortable, I'm ready to be able to move around without making loud grunts all the time. I'm ready to meet my baby.

#89 of 303 Old 06-21-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I've gotten totally antsy in the last, maybe, 3 days. Before, I was, like, Oh, come out whenever, be 2 weeks over, that's fine. But, suddenly, I'm ready! I'm uncomfortable, I'm ready to be able to move around without making loud grunts all the time. I'm ready to meet my baby.

I can totally identify with the grunting!

#90 of 303 Old 06-21-2011, 01:07 PM

This! To a T. I'm dying to not be pregnant anymore, even though there are plenty or rational reasons I should be savoring this last bit of a break.

Quote:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page