Who else is due at the end of June? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 303 Old 06-21-2011, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimming-duck View Post

So is anyone else crazy enough to still be working right now?

I am!  Though I'm certainly not very productive--case in point that I am typing this at work.blush.gif  I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to not be at work, but I'm saving every minute of my vacation till after babe comes.  (Though if my due date comes and goes this weekend without a baby I may change my tune and focus on birthing instead of working next week).

I'm pretty disappointed that today doesn't appear to be our birthing day.  I've visualized having a Solstice baby for practically this entire pregnancy.  We have two middle names picked out --one is Solstice if she was born on the Solstice and the other is a family name of my DH's that I really don't like.  I was just so certain that today would be the day...

Lovin my SAHD DH and 2 kiddos

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 303 Old 06-21-2011, 02:41 PM

I really wish I could still be at work.  I'm not used to be home like this, but there is no way I can walk around work right now.  So be it.

I went to the midwife today, and I'm 3 cm and 70% effaced!  Come on baby!

Oh, and now I'm wishing I got my eyebrows waxed.  I might have to do that tomorrow.

Mama to my 4-year-old lil' man and with a new little one on the way.
#93 of 303 Old 06-21-2011, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Pedicure, manicure, and brow waxing were just lovely I have to say! The chair for the pedicure is a vibrating chair. It would time out after awhile, but I had the remote to operate it so I could just press the button to start it over every time it timed out. I'm hoping the vibration might do something to spur things on, but I won't hold my breath!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
#94 of 303 Old 06-21-2011, 08:28 PM

http://www.shamanswell.org/shaman/shamanic-birth-union-ecstatic-and-sacred-birthing

gorgeous article for the waiting mamas 

blowkiss.gif

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#95 of 303 Old 06-22-2011, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa kamuri View Post

http://www.shamanswell.org/shaman/shamanic-birth-union-ecstatic-and-sacred-birthing

gorgeous article for the waiting mamas 

blowkiss.gif

Thanks Kawa. That was beautiful. As for you, dust.gif I'm really hoping to read about your arrival soon.

Gah - up at 4:30am. I've been tossing and turning and finally gave up and got out of bed. I woke up several hours ago to my little man laughing in his sleep. I think it's so adorable when he does that. It always makes me wonder what he's dreaming about. And it makes me feel happy that he's obviously dreaming something good! Now if I could just go back to slumberland that would be fantastic. I don't have any kids until 9:30am, so there's potential for sleeping in if I could just get back to sleep!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
#96 of 303 Old 06-22-2011, 03:05 AM

Laughing in his sleep! I can't remember any of mine doing this. It's sad the way some details are lost.

Last night I slept heavy for a few hours, woke near five and realised why - contractions! Irregular but strong. I think today is the day I will meet my son.

#97 of 303 Old 06-22-2011, 03:11 AM

Quote:

Laughing in his sleep! I can't remember any of mine doing this. It's sad the way some details are lost.

Last night I slept heavy for a few hours, woke near five and realised why - contractions! Irregular but strong. I think today is the day I will meet my son.

I really really hope so Kawa. I think we're all rooting for you at this point!

#98 of 303 Old 06-22-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:

yay!! Can't wait to hear your story!

I just love the way kisses make ''booboo's'' all better.
#99 of 303 Old 06-22-2011, 08:43 AM

Hoping this is it for you Kawa! I was up at 4:00 am today as well, no squish here though ;-)

Claire, book reading, tree loving, coffee drinking wife to K, and happy SAHM to ds G Feb '09 home birth, dd C ~ free birthed June '11, and now a new lil surprise due October 2012 joy.gif

#100 of 303 Old 06-22-2011, 09:33 AM

I birthed a baby joy.gif

#101 of 303 Old 06-22-2011, 09:43 AM

Yay!  I was wondering if we'd be hearing something from you!

Lovin my SAHD DH and 2 kiddos

#102 of 303 Old 06-22-2011, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I birthed a baby joy.gif

HOORAY!!! Can't wait to hear more!!!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#103 of 303 Old 06-22-2011, 10:59 AM

ooo yay! congrats!!!

Mama to Arielle babyf.gif07/01/11

#104 of 303 Old 06-22-2011, 11:00 AM

i'm still having frequent strong contractions today, they haven't stopped since yesterday when i woke up. Some of them have made me want to vomit or have been tough to talk/walk through, but they aren't all like that so I'm still waiting at home. lurk.gif

#105 of 303 Old 06-22-2011, 11:07 AM

Woohoo! Congratulations, kawa!

I'm having me a little panic-fest over here. I'm 40+1 today and my midwife wanted to schedule me for an NST and AFI for next week. Which I know is pretty standard and I'm not too fussed about (although now I need to read up more on those tests and what they measure). And she says the baby still sounds fine, and I know that she is moving fine. And everything seems in order for right now and I'm not concerned about the baby or about me. I'm just sort of worrying ahead of time about when the medical intervention clock starts ticking if I'm still pregnant next week. Because I SO do not want an induction. All of the methods sound vile. And I know that the "home remedies" aren't really likely to trigger labor unless you're basically there anyway.

I guess I just wasn't really prepared for this since nobody in my family has gone over their EDD and a lot of our babies have been born early or super-early, so I was more concerned about making it to June than I was about going over. And now I don't know what's going to happen. And I hate that. I wish I'd asked if my CNMs will risk me out at 42 weeks if everything is still going fine, or what'll happen, just so that I'll know for my own reference. Ugh.

#106 of 303 Old 06-22-2011, 11:21 AM

Yaaaaayyyyyy, congratulations Kawa!!!!!! :-) Have a wonderful babymoon! <3

Claire, book reading, tree loving, coffee drinking wife to K, and happy SAHM to ds G Feb '09 home birth, dd C ~ free birthed June '11, and now a new lil surprise due October 2012 joy.gif

#107 of 303 Old 06-22-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:

I birthed a baby joy.gif

soooooooo happy for you~~energy.gif

#108 of 303 Old 06-22-2011, 01:23 PM

Yahoo Kawa!!!!!! Can't wait to hear about it!!!

#109 of 303 Old 06-22-2011, 01:38 PM

Congratulations Kawa! I was really rooting for you to keep your home birth!

#110 of 303 Old 06-22-2011, 10:12 PM

Whoohoo! Glad to hear that Kawa has her babe!!! :)

Who is next?

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#111 of 303 Old 06-22-2011, 10:37 PM

Quote:

I birthed a baby joy.gif

Woohoooo!!!

lover of K partners.gif mom to S superhero.gifb.12/07  and C joy.gifb.6/11

#112 of 303 Old 06-23-2011, 05:03 AM

I'll be 40 weeks Saturday. Had my first bout of prodromal labor this morning. irked.gif Woke up at 4 something with lots of cramping and back pain. Had about 5 or 6 pretty darn intense contractions about 10 minutes apart and then they stopped. The cramping and back pain eased up a little bit after the contractions stopped. I was pretty darn convinced there for a little bit that it was real. I'm hoping that it atleast moved my cervix out of it's posterior position. I've had a few strong BH type contractions since the more "real" feeling ones but whatever was happening has passed. It was exciting while it lasted though. lol.gif I have a midwife appt later this morning so we shall see if any progress has been made. The membrane sweep last week led to a couple days of bloody show, mild cramping and a few strong type contractions but nothing else. I'm pretty certain I'll get another sweep today that will hopefully kick start the real deal.

Melanie
#113 of 303 Old 06-23-2011, 06:43 AM

I'm 40 weeks tomorrow...not really seeing signs of anything yet!  I've been 1 cm dilated for a month now.  Next wednesday is my next checkup and my doctor will do a sweep then.  I made a fresh pineapple smoothie this morning just for the heck of it....I figured it was worth trying since I like pineapple anyway.

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#114 of 303 Old 06-23-2011, 07:22 AM

I'll be 40 weeks on Sunday. My next midwife appt. is on Wednesday at 40+3, but I'm hoping to see her before then if you know what I mean! I don't know though. I'm just starting to feel like I need to stop obsessing - like maybe this baby has another week at least in there. I don't know if that's true or not. It's just how I feel. I'd love to have a June baby though. We have a lot of birthdays in July. My brother's birthday is July 3rd. My son's is July 12th and mine is July 14th. I'd love to stay away from July, but whatever! At this point I'm not overly active in trying to get baby out. I'm trying to make peace with myself that baby will come when baby is ready. The nice thing is that I don't have to worry about risking out of home birth after 42 weeks, so that makes me feel better!

I don't feel like working today. Waah! But at least it's Thursday. Two more work days - I can do this! If I'm still here next week, my three daycare kiddos that are on vacation will be back. So I'll be back up to 7 or 8 kiddos some days next week. nut.gif So if I could start birthing time this weekend I admit that I'd be pretty happy about that.

#115 of 303 Old 06-23-2011, 07:51 AM

40 +2 here smile.gif . Lots of prodromal labor and I'm WIPED OUT! I have slept pretty good the last couple of nights but feel I need a nap by noon. I don't remember being this tired last time...part of me wonders if I'm really tired or just pouting and the sleep helps me forget how my body aches etc. I know things are happening though so that's reassuring! My midwives are pretty laid back thankfully so I'm not too obsessed with deadlines. I even skipped my appointment this week . I just didn't feel like going. I'm so grateful for the relaxed attitudes and support. I have started getting phone calls...but you know I kind of like the curiousity some of my family and friends display about how we are doing things. It's kinda cute. My grandmother tells everyone how we are using a midwife. (or midwives lol) All I really regret was posting about my round of prodromal labor on facebook...I saw bloody plug so I thought I was safe to assume things were rolling!  They are rolling just not fast winky.gif it just got a lot of excitement stirred up lol!  I didn't think I could possibly loose more plug but my goodness I just keep loosing it. Surely at this stage it's not regenerating!!!

Anyone else have more contractions at night? It seems like I do. I wonder if I'm just focusing more at that time on them. Or if my uterus is a little irritated I have more at night b/c that is when the baby does gymnastics??

Well I'm just rambling....I'm in good spirits and hope everyone else is too! Not too long and we will all be holding lil sweet babies!

#116 of 303 Old 06-23-2011, 09:56 AM

Heya, just stumbled on this.... am due any day now with my 3rd baby.    Am looking forward to baby day and trying to keep distracted in the mean time. :)

#117 of 303 Old 06-23-2011, 10:36 AM

I keep waking up about an hour and a half earlier than I have to and wondering if my BHs are real contractions, which sends my brain into overdrive about what-if-it's-today and what-will-i-do-with-the-other-kids and I can't sleep in.  KILLS me because I know once newborn comes I'm going to get even LESS sleep!

#118 of 303 Old 06-23-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashantx View PostAll I really regret was posting about my round of prodromal labor on facebook...I saw bloody plug so I thought I was safe to assume things were rolling!  T

I did the same thing and I regretted it too lol

#119 of 303 Old 06-23-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seuriu View Post

I did the same thing and I regretted it too lol

I'm not saying another WORD until I KNOW this time!

Momsteader likes this.

#120 of 303 Old 06-23-2011, 04:30 PM

Add me to the "prodromal blues" club...I've been having regular contractions almost every night (5-15 minutes apart) that take my breath away and start to get crampy and radiating, but then they leave when I fall asleep. I had a few overnight last night, and woke up crampy, but generally feel pretty darn normal and not like this baby is interested in showing up any time soon. Maybe this due date weekend? I'll be 40 weeks on Sunday, so I know I shouldn't be so antsy, but I guess I was feeling an intuition that the baby would be early for some reason, and being proven wrong makes me feel like, "Hey, is my intuition broken?" So silly. I have my next midwife appt at the birth center on Monday and they like to do a NST past 40 weeks, so even though I know everything will be fine if this baby comes "late" I'm starting to feel like a watched pot. 

Mama to one darling and wild 3 year old, and growing a tiny new June Bean.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page