Forum Jump: 

#181 of 303 Old 06-29-2011, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yay!  Best wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_up View Post

Woke up feeling intermittently crampy at 5:30am, woke up DH at 6:45 to DTD (read: harvest his homegrown prostaglandins smile.gif), had bloody show right after, and have been having 30 sec crampy waves every 3-5 min for the past 1.5 hours.  Cautiously thinking this may be the day!  I was due the 25th, so that makes today... 40+4. 

New moon tomorrow night, ladies!  Also, an astrologist friend has informed me that on Friday, the moon slips into Cancer, the childbirth sign... Bet there are lots more babies on their way this week!

DH and I expecting our first EDD 6/30/11! 
#182 of 303 Old 06-29-2011, 10:15 AM

Sending Labor vibes your way Wake_Up!! 

40+3 today, 3-4cm dilated... but I feel fine and not like I'm about to give birth... no cramping and few bh's..... 2whistle.gif

Hopefully the new moon will bring about more JUNE babies!

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#183 of 303 Old 06-29-2011, 10:31 AM

Thanks, everyone, for your answers!  And good luck, wake_up!  I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!  :)

#184 of 303 Old 06-29-2011, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Good luck due date buddy. I hope this is it for you and that we hear some news soon!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
#185 of 303 Old 06-29-2011, 03:38 PM

The new moon is July 1st! I had my heart set on a June baby, but a New Moon July 1st baby would be pretty darn cool too. My daughter was born with the Full Moon so I like the idea of them being different "moon babies."

Woke up last night at 2:30am, there was a thunderstorm in progress and I was starving...sat listening to the rain & thunder while I ate some yogurt and sure enough started contractions at 4-8 minutes apart for an hour. I went to bed thinking, if this is going to keep happening I'll need some rest! But they tapered off and I slept 'til morning. A little crampy today and a few contractions here and there (we went strawberry picking today!) so maybe tonight we'll try DTD again and see about one last chance for a June baby tonight/tomorrow. 

I feel a lot more patient than I did as my EDD was approaching. I won't worry again until 41 weeks--I just don't want to risk out of my birth center at 42...

Mama to one darling and wild 3 year old, and growing a tiny new June Bean.
#186 of 303 Old 06-30-2011, 02:35 AM

Had my latest midwife appt. yesterday evening at 40+3. So that makes me +4 today! She offered to do an exam and membrane sweep if I wanted, but I'm not interested at this point. I don't know that I'd ever want to know the numbers. I think I'd be disappointed if I found out I was at 0 or 1 dilation even though that means nothing. I'd also be disappointed if I found out I was a 3 or 4 and didn't start birthing for another week. At this point I don't feel like I need any intervention. She did suggest evening primrose oil. So I decided to go ahead and do that since it's pretty non-invasive. 

I guess today is our last day to have a June baby for those of us who are holding out hope for that. Otherwise, July, here we come. Since I'm so close to the end of the week I'd kind of like everything to hold off until after tomorrow so that I can get a bit more $ before starting maternity leave. With the daycare it'd be super nice to have my birthing time fall on the weekend, not that I really have control over that! I was hoping to be able to cancel my chiropractic appt. this Friday as it's really starting to add up going every week. Oh well. My next appt. will be at 41+3, so I'm really hoping to not have to go to that appt., but we'll see! Tired of walking like a cowgirl, but I have moved into some level of resigned acceptance of whatever will be for now!

Perhaps we should all make exciting plans for the weekend. There's nothing like planning to not be birthing that could perhaps cause us to be birthing a baby!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
#187 of 303 Old 06-30-2011, 04:12 AM

I had my checkup yesterday at 40 weeks and 5 days.  I went ahead and consented to a membrane sweep and I'm hoping that does something!  I figured I might as well since I will be induced next Tuesday if nothing happens.  I'd be 11 days past my due date then.  I didn't have my heart set on a June baby, I'm just very surprised I'm going this far over with my third baby!  I'm okay with a July baby, but I sure wish she would hurry up just so I don't have to deal with being induced.

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#188 of 303 Old 06-30-2011, 04:41 AM

Hey Mama's! Just wanted to quickly pop in and say our UP/UC baby arrived (June 25th) Saturday morning at 1:49 am in the bathtub and it's a baby GIRL! :-) We are over the moon. I know it starts to feel like it's never going to happen but it will be so soon for all of you! <3

Claire, book reading, tree loving, coffee drinking wife to K, and happy SAHM to ds G Feb '09 home birth, dd C ~ free birthed June '11, and now a new lil surprise due October 2012 joy.gif

#189 of 303 Old 06-30-2011, 08:28 AM

Congrats OrangeMoon!!!  Welcome solstice baby!!

I am due today...I guess that if the baby isn't born in the next 12 hours I will be having a July baby.  And I kind of like the sound of it.  My anniversary was in June, and my dads birthday is in July...so I think it would be great to hold out a little longer.  And there is a chance we will be moving early next week into a house that my husband has been busting his butt to build every waking hour (that he isn't working his 'regular' jobs)!  I would really like to be in it before the babe comes, so we'll see if this LO is up for hanging on another week.  I feel fine physically.  Just tire out easily.

Our 20 month old hasn't been sleeping well at all, and I feel like he senses that life is about to change drastically.  :)  But I trust he'll adjust quickly!

How are you other mamas or mamas to be doing today?  

homeschooling, husband pleasing, mama to 3 boys and another little love on the way!chicken3.gif
#190 of 303 Old 06-30-2011, 10:28 AM

Happy due date Janae!  I am due today too, and nothing is going on here either, so it looks like we will have a July baby too, which of course was a possibility.  I went on a good walk this morning, but it really did tire me out, so I will be napping here soon.  I'm thinking about going to get some EPO to start taking.  My husband's and my anniversary is July 4th, so I am hoping that the baby decides not to come that day, but any other day would be just fine!   

Congrats, OrangeMoon!

DH and I expecting our first EDD 6/30/11! 
#191 of 303 Old 06-30-2011, 11:42 AM

I've stopped replying to many comments on my facebook. I'm just afraid I'm going to morph into preggozilla if I attempt to respond to all of the baby related comments! I think I've decided that next pregnancy I'm not going to tell anyone my due date. Or I'll tell them a date that's several weeks later than the actual date so that everyone will leave me alone. It's all well-intentioned and in good humor, but my sense of humor is waning!

Anyone have anything fun planned this weekend? I think we'll mostly stay in. Perhaps I'll fill up DS's kiddie pool and we'll play on Saturday. That sounds nice and relaxing. I might try to brave church on Sunday. I don't know. I really don't want a bunch of comments, which is why I haven't been for several months. But I'm actually scheduled for scripture reading this Sunday. Just what I want to do - waddle up in front of the church to read. Do you hear how grumpy I am?? eyesroll.gif

#192 of 303 Old 06-30-2011, 01:11 PM

Happy due date Joanna!

I'm not feeling like it's gonna happen today.  But I do have a history of extremely short/furious births, so I guess there is still a chance! :)

I think I read somewhere that Tuesday is the most common day of birth....so I'm shooting for that. (like I have any say so!) winky.gif

Swimming-duck,  sorry you're feeling grumpy! My emotions are all over the place, but I think it's mostly because I get fatigued.

Heres hoping that we're all holding our little loves soon!!! 

homeschooling, husband pleasing, mama to 3 boys and another little love on the way!chicken3.gif
#193 of 303 Old 06-30-2011, 03:45 PM

Thanks for all the vibes ladies.  She was born yesterday at 2:41 pm, only 2.5 hrs after active labor started!  Story coming soon... I hope your babies join you soon too!!!!

lover of K partners.gif mom to S superhero.gifb.12/07  and C joy.gifb.6/11

#194 of 303 Old 06-30-2011, 06:59 PM

I've stopped replying to texts and facebook too Swimmingduck. I'm on the induction list for the next 24-48 hours but they haven't called yet, I've been soaking my feet and hands in ice water to stop the PUPPP itch. Nothing is enjoyable about this. I miss being 5 months pregnant.

Mama to Arielle babyf.gif07/01/11

#195 of 303 Old 07-01-2011, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seuriu View Post

I've stopped replying to texts and facebook too Swimmingduck. I'm on the induction list for the next 24-48 hours but they haven't called yet, I've been soaking my feet and hands in ice water to stop the PUPPP itch. Nothing is enjoyable about this. I miss being 5 months pregnant.

hug2.gif I'm sorry you're so miserable.

#196 of 303 Old 07-01-2011, 04:56 AM

I'm 41 weeks today...I never thought I would ever be 41 weeks pregnant!  I sure hope baby girl comes today or this weekend, if not I am being induced on Tuesday. 

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#197 of 303 Old 07-01-2011, 06:38 AM

Congrats Wake_Up!!!! Looking forward to the story!

#198 of 303 Old 07-02-2011, 12:21 AM

Hi all, just wanted to pop in as well to say I had my baby girl on Tuesday night. Went into labour naturally at 42+2 (finally!). It ended up being kind of dramatic but we are both doing well now. She was born 8 lbs 9 oz and is completely perfect. I'll write up the story soon. Thinking warmly and positively of everyone still waiting for their babes.

#199 of 303 Old 07-02-2011, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLtheTinkerbell View Post

Hi all, just wanted to pop in as well to say I had my baby girl on Tuesday night. Went into labour naturally at 42+2 (finally!). It ended up being kind of dramatic but we are both doing well now. She was born 8 lbs 9 oz and is completely perfect. I'll write up the story soon. Thinking warmly and positively of everyone still waiting for their babes.

Congratulations!

I had a chiropractic appt. today - was hoping the adjustment would help my body start it's birthing time. Chiropractor had told me last week that my hips were wide open and ready. This week he said that he hadn't thought they could open any more, but that they did since last week. That would explain my misery with walking! Baby is lower since last visit too. Honestly, this baby is right on top of my pelvic bone. I don't think baby could possibly drop any lower without falling out.

I just about died trying to roll my way out of bed in order to pee not too long ago. I'm really struggling with patience because I'm just so sore and well ready to be done. I know baby has his/her perfect birthing time. I'm 40+6 today. If I make it to 42 I have to have a BPP. I don't really want to do that, so I'm hoping for this weekend and/or this next week. This weekend would be really really super duper nice!

#200 of 303 Old 07-02-2011, 06:18 AM

Congratulations LLtheTinkerbell!!!

Hope to hear the story soon!

#201 of 303 Old 07-02-2011, 04:52 PM

Canada day baby! I was scheduled for induction yesterday morning but I went into labour on my own at 2am! Arielle Catherine Anne arrived at 9:32 pm and weighs 7lbs 12oz! She was sunny side up and after pushing for 4 hours the OB came in and used the vacuum suction to deliver her, poor girl has a bruised head but she is doing great and I am one very relieved mama smile.gif

Mama to Arielle babyf.gif07/01/11

#202 of 303 Old 07-02-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:

Canada day baby! I was scheduled for induction yesterday morning but I went into labour on my own at 2am! Arielle Catherine Anne arrived at 9:32 pm and weighs 7lbs 12oz! She was sunny side up and after pushing for 4 hours the OB came in and used the vacuum suction to deliver her, poor girl has a bruised head but she is doing great and I am one very relieved mama smile.gif

joy.gif congratulations! 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#203 of 303 Old 07-02-2011, 07:49 PM

Congrats!!!!  How great Canadian baby on Canada day!

#204 of 303 Old 07-02-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:

Congratulations! How amazing that you were able to go into labor on your own prior to your scheduled induction! Welcome Arielle - very pretty name!

#205 of 303 Old 07-03-2011, 07:23 AM

How's everyone feeling?

I've had a major increase in crampiness since yesterday, but so far it's not turned into anything. It's just menstrual like achy and crampiness, but there doesn't seem to be any kind of pattern or wave-like sensation to accompany it. But it does give me hope that maybe my cervix is ripening or something. I mean, I am 41 weeks today. Something has to be happening, right?

#206 of 303 Old 07-03-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimming-duck View Post

How's everyone feeling?

I've had a major increase in crampiness since yesterday, but so far it's not turned into anything. It's just menstrual like achy and crampiness, but there doesn't seem to be any kind of pattern or wave-like sensation to accompany it. But it does give me hope that maybe my cervix is ripening or something. I mean, I am 41 weeks today. Something has to be happening, right?

Sounds like you're gearing up!!! Yay!   thumbsup.gif

My Braxton Hicks have turned more painful and seem to wrap around my lower back--and extra mucous this morning.  So we're close!  They can't stay in there forever!! :)

#207 of 303 Old 07-03-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janae View Post

Sounds like you're gearing up!!! Yay!   thumbsup.gif

My Braxton Hicks have turned more painful and seem to wrap around my lower back--and extra mucous this morning.  So we're close!  They can't stay in there forever!! :)

No they can't! I keep trying to remind myself of that. Last night was just so awful and uncomfortable. I got very little sleep. Sounds promising that your BH are starting to wrap around your back and that you're mucousy. Perhaps you'll be holding a little one today or tomorrow!

#208 of 303 Old 07-03-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimming-duck View Post

How's everyone feeling?

I'm 41 weeks today too. Baby was really quiet last week so I thought I would go sooner than later ( I'm like 80-90% effaced and 3-4cm), but then the baby started rocking and rolling in there and here I am a week later! Some nights I want to get up and walk around, the contractions are that uncomfortable, but they always putter out after a few hrs. I'm kind of thinking we might have a another UC because I won't really believe I'm in labor when I am! (That's what happened last time around.) 

They won't stay in there forever... I know it in my head... but.... ;)

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#209 of 303 Old 07-03-2011, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Congrats, what a happy Canada Day!

Quote:

I'm still waiting.  Every day I have tons of cramping and contractions and think "oh good, must be happening today!" and then nothing happens.  

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#210 of 303 Old 07-04-2011, 10:10 AM

I'm still here today with 0 signs of starting birthing anytime soon. I'm 41+1 - my next midwife appt. is Wednesday. How's everyone doing today? We're trying to figure out what to do with ourselves today. We didn't make any 4th of July plans because we thought we'd be busy with a baby. Haha - what were we thinking? So we'll get out later today and take DS to see some fireworks. As much as I want baby to come, now that we're here I'd kind of like baby to hold off until tomorrow at least. I'd hate to drag all those attending away from their families on a holiday. I have to work tomorrow - only one daycare kiddo so it won't be bad. But I was hoping I'd be starting maternity leave tomorrow! Hmmm...doesn't appear that I will be. Oh well! What's a few more days of work - I don't think this baby could possibly hold out too much longer!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page