Who else is due at the end of June? - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 303 Old 07-07-2011, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm really working hard to fight off frustration. I just feel like my body is doing NOTHING. I mean, I do feel a bit of cramping now and then, especially when I listen to hypnobabies birthing tracks, but here I am at 41+4 and I've never had pressure waves to speak of. No sign that my body is warming up for the main event. I've started to have this fear that the induction happy OB I had with my DS whose internal exams were super rough somehow damaged my cervix and now I won't be able to dilate. I know that's likely not true, but it's just how I feel right now. I lose my home birth in 1 1/2 weeks, which is very far away but it keeps gradually getting closer and making me nervous. I'm pretty sure that I will be desperate enough to try castor oil very soon.

hug2.gif

Have you had your mw check you just to see if you are dilating/effacing? Might be a comfort for you to know one way or the other what's going on. And like several other June mammas said - they felt great and then bam, contractions.

It's hard to keep the frustration at bay these last days. I'm starting to get really annoyed/scared baby won't come or wondering if something is wrong that's hindering labor (even though babe is still really active.) I've had the "I'm going to have a baby" intuition feeling  for 2 days now but where is baby??? Right now I just want to scream, which is totally not my personality!

I had DH break out the birth ball and have been doing circles on it. Tomorrow I'm going to do a sweep.

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#242 of 303 Old 07-07-2011, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Haven't had a check on that. If I make it to Monday I have to do a BPP and I'm sure the doc will check then and/or I'll request it. If it appears that my cervix is ripening then I'll probably follow up with castor oil at home. But from what I understand of castor oil it won't work if my cervix isn't ready and will just give me all of the miserable side-effects. So I don't know that I want to try it if I find out that my cervix isn't dilated or effaced at all. I think I've had enough crampiness that I have to be ripening somewhat, but other times I feel like nothing is happening. So I kind of oscillate back and forth between feeling dejected and feeling hopeful. I had the day off of work today and I think it helped to be able to relax. Hubby and I did a fear release session of hypnobabies and went through a hypnobabies script with me today. It's the first one he's done with me and that made me feel pretty relaxed and calm to finally connect with him on the hypnobabies. So maybe that was a sub-conscious hang-up. Now that it's almost Friday I guess I'm wanting birthing to hold off until tomorrow evening so that I can get one last full paycheck for daycare before starting maternity leave. We could really use the money right now.

Klynne - I hope the sweep works for you tomorrow! Good luck!

Crystal (34) married to nursing student DH (38) partners.gif ,  mama to superhero.gif(7/07), brokenheart.gif (1/09), and rainbow1284.gifjammin.gif (7/11) and stork-suprise.gif (12/28) homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg homeschool.gif
#243 of 303 Old 07-07-2011, 05:38 PM

I wish I knew how I could send you the Hypnobabies Baby Come Out script but I'm not that savvy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimming-duck View Post

Haven't had a check on that. If I make it to Monday I have to do a BPP and I'm sure the doc will check then and/or I'll request it. If it appears that my cervix is ripening then I'll probably follow up with castor oil at home. But from what I understand of castor oil it won't work if my cervix isn't ready and will just give me all of the miserable side-effects. So I don't know that I want to try it if I find out that my cervix isn't dilated or effaced at all. I think I've had enough crampiness that I have to be ripening somewhat, but other times I feel like nothing is happening. So I kind of oscillate back and forth between feeling dejected and feeling hopeful. I had the day off of work today and I think it helped to be able to relax. Hubby and I did a fear release session of hypnobabies and went through a hypnobabies script with me today. It's the first one he's done with me and that made me feel pretty relaxed and calm to finally connect with him on the hypnobabies. So maybe that was a sub-conscious hang-up. Now that it's almost Friday I guess I'm wanting birthing to hold off until tomorrow evening so that I can get one last full paycheck for daycare before starting maternity leave. We could really use the money right now.

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#244 of 303 Old 07-07-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa kamuri View Post

I wish I knew how I could send you the Hypnobabies Baby Come Out script but I'm not that savvy. 

Awww...that's very sweet. I'm not that savvy either and I probably wouldn't figure out how to load it if it was sent anyways! As it is I'm using a borrowed ipod with the hypnobabies stuff loaded on and don't have the computer cord to load more stuff. If I did, I'd probably just download the mp3 from the site! Oh well - this baby is coming whether I have the Come Out script or not! I know I'm coming across as dejected and I am feeling that somewhat, but it was really nice to have the day off of work today. Tomorrow is my last day. I've decided to start maternity leave even though baby is not here yet since I'll be 42 weeks on Sunday and I can't see going another week anyways, so I went ahead and informed my daycare clients that tomorrow is my last workday until after maternity leave. I wonder if the break from work will be enough to let me really mentally and physically focus on getting baby here. I won't have to do a BPP until Monday (I still need to call and schedule - I'm secretly hoping that they won't be able to fit me in until Tuesday or Wednesday), so I feel like a lot could happen between now and then! My DS's birthday is July 12th and mine is July 14th. I wouldn't have thought since my LO had a DD of 6/26 that there was the possibility of anyone sharing a birthday, but who knows? It's kind of crazy.

Anyways, I'm going to relax in a nice warm bath and listen to the easy first stage script. I feel like that helps when I listen to it - like I feel my body wanting to birth when I listen to that. And then I'll probably fall asleep to Birthing Day affirmations. After my workday tomorrow I will get much more active about encouraging labor.

Crystal (34) married to nursing student DH (38) partners.gif ,  mama to superhero.gif(7/07), brokenheart.gif (1/09), and rainbow1284.gifjammin.gif (7/11) and stork-suprise.gif (12/28) homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg homeschool.gif
#245 of 303 Old 07-07-2011, 06:37 PM

for whatever it's worth that script didn't make a difference for me - baby came when good and ready. 

hug2.gif

#246 of 303 Old 07-07-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:

for whatever it's worth that script didn't make a difference for me - baby came when good and ready. 

hug2.gif

Well, I guess I feel better about not having it then. I am trying to remind myself that baby comes when good and ready. It'd be just as well. DS has developed a fever and NOW I'm starting to cramp a bit more - sharper. Don't know that there's anything regular or wave-like yet, but sharper. I'm going to take my bath and see how I feel after that.

#247 of 303 Old 07-07-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:

I feel a bit dejected - and frustrated, and a little fearful. And all the txt's and calls! My goodness. This is pregnancy purgatory!

We had the same due date and though I really, really, wish you had gone into labor earlier I'm comforted to have a due-date buddy going through the same scenario (misery loves company? ;)).

41+4 going on 5. I had bloody show after dtd yesterday evening and kept having it until 3pm today. Cramping and strong bh's accompanying the bloody show and then what happened?? It all stopped. Ay Caramba! I've never had bloody show before active labor, this is all new territory!

Kawa - How long did you go over this time? I remember you saying that you usually went closer to 42 weeks, right?

#248 of 303 Old 07-07-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post

Kawa - How long did you go over this time? I remember you saying that you usually went closer to 42 weeks, right?

41w4d which is the longest I'd been pregnant since 1994! It was terribly stressful. Not sure if the sweep and castor oil did a thing - didn't seem to at the time - but they were done one and two days before I woke up in labour. 

#249 of 303 Old 07-07-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:

I feel a bit dejected - and frustrated, and a little fearful. And all the txt's and calls! My goodness. This is pregnancy purgatory!

We had the same due date and though I really, really, wish you had gone into labor earlier I'm comforted to have a due-date buddy going through the same scenario (misery loves company? ;)).

41+4 going on 5. I had bloody show after dtd yesterday evening and kept having it until 3pm today. Cramping and strong bh's accompanying the bloody show and then what happened?? It all stopped. Ay Caramba! I've never had bloody show before active labor, this is all new territory!

Well the cramping and bloody show sounds very promising. I'm trying not to get my hopes sky high about being crampy tonight because there's nothing regular or wave-like about it and it will likely fizzle out when I go to bed!

#250 of 303 Old 07-08-2011, 08:41 AM

nding up

Quote:

41w4d which is the longest I'd been pregnant since 1994! It was terribly stressful. Not sure if the sweep and castor oil did a thing - didn't seem to at the time - but they were done one and two days before I woke up in labour. 

I'm 41+5 - I was 41+3 with my first. I didn't expect to go longer than that. I haven't tried castor oil yet, I'm fearful of the diarrhea but I'm reaching the breaking point so maybe.... I have a sweep today. I couldn't help but cry a little this morning. I lost more of my mucus plug last night, it was pink. Had contractions for 5 hrs 3-6 minutes apart 40-60 sec. It all puttered out around 2am.

Quote:

Well the cramping and bloody show sounds very promising. I'm trying not to get my hopes sky high about being crampy tonight because there's nothing regular or wave-like about it and it will likely fizzle out when I go to bed!

How are you doing this morning?

#251 of 303 Old 07-08-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:

I'm 41+5 - I was 41+3 with my first. I didn't expect to go longer than that. I haven't tried castor oil yet, I'm fearful of the diarrhea but I'm reaching the breaking point so maybe.... I have a sweep today. I couldn't help but cry a little this morning. I lost more of my mucus plug last night, it was pink. Had contractions for 5 hrs 3-6 minutes apart 40-60 sec. It all puttered out around 2am.

The castor oil wasn't great but better than losing my homebirth. I cried A TON in the days leading up to birth. It's a hard spot to be in. Your body is working! 

#252 of 303 Old 07-08-2011, 06:52 PM

Just wanted to share that I was 41+3 on Wednesday and finally had my baby boy early Thursday morning...I was in tears each day before he came, wondering if it would ever happen, and fearing I'd risk out of the birth center. Lots of on and off contractions finally got "real" on Wednesday and my labor was so quick once it really started. A big "hang in there" to all those who still are...

Things I was trying, if anyone needs some inspiration...

Evening primrose oil

Gelsemium 

Did One Acupuncture appointment on the day I went into labor

Lots of long walks...

Mama to one darling and wild 3 year old, and growing a tiny new June Bean.
#253 of 303 Old 07-08-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:

nding up

How are you doing this morning?

Strongly considering castor oil or enema. How have you been feeling after the sweep. Did it help?

I've felt more going on today, but nothing super exciting. I got happy when I first woke up because I thought I'd lost a big glob of mucous, but I think it was probably just semen from a few days ago. Grr...I had some crampiness that seemed to come and go. Out of curiosity I wrote on a pad of paper the time for each crampy feeling, but the numbers were just all over the place. I feel like I'm gearing up maybe, but it seems very slow. I'm trying hard not to rush the process and let it take it's course. I think I feel okay taking this approach though because I don't lose my home birth until week 43. So I have one more week to let this baby come in his/her own time. But I'm getting so anxious that I don't know if I'm going to be able to restrain myself from castor oil or an enema. Plus I really don't want to do the BPP on Monday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarefootinBrooklyn View Post

Just wanted to share that I was 41+3 on Wednesday and finally had my baby boy early Thursday morning...I was in tears each day before he came, wondering if it would ever happen, and fearing I'd risk out of the birth center. Lots of on and off contractions finally got "real" on Wednesday and my labor was so quick once it really started. A big "hang in there" to all those who still are...

Things I was trying, if anyone needs some inspiration...

Evening primrose oil

Gelsemium 

Did One Acupuncture appointment on the day I went into labor

Lots of long walks...

Congratulations mama! I have been doing evening primrose oil. I'm not sure if it's doing anything or not. Today was my last day of doing daycare and now that I'm not caring for other people's children all day long I think I will definitely try to do some long walks.

#254 of 303 Old 07-08-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:

Strongly considering castor oil or enema. How have you been feeling after the sweep. Did it help?

I've felt more going on today, but nothing super exciting. I got happy when I first woke up because I thought I'd lost a big glob of mucous, but I think it was probably just semen from a few days ago. Grr...I had some crampiness that seemed to come and go. Out of curiosity I wrote on a pad of paper the time for each crampy feeling, but the numbers were just all over the place. I feel like I'm gearing up maybe, but it seems very slow. I'm trying hard not to rush the process and let it take it's course. I think I feel okay taking this approach though because I don't lose my home birth until week 43. So I have one more week to let this baby come in his/her own time. But I'm getting so anxious that I don't know if I'm going to be able to restrain myself from castor oil or an enema. Plus I really don't want to do the BPP on Monday.

Quote:

Congratulations mama! I have been doing evening primrose oil. I'm not sure if it's doing anything or not. Today was my last day of doing daycare and now that I'm not caring for other people's children all day long I think I will definitely try to do some long walks.

How nice that you can relax. I'm sure your body is gearing up. I can't imagine it not doing anything this far along. Long walks will be nice. Do you have a birth ball? I was doing circles on mine last night, I think it helped move the head down.

I expected the sweep to feel a bit rough or hurt. I didn't feel a thing, I wonder if she was too gentle! They said I'd have some more bloody mucus but I haven't really had any. I'm still 4cm but 60% effaced now - I was 40% on Monday, head is now engaged (it was -1 on Monday). Things are progressing, that's encouraging. They monitored baby's heart rate and found no signs of stress. It's still really active between contractions.... which I've had all day.... We rented a breast pump and I'm actually producing a good amount of colostrum already! The nipple stimulation did little in the way of contractions which I think is due to the fact that I'm already having them. I just can't bring myself to do castor oil.

Like you I don't risk out of a home birth until 43 weeks and even then the mw's said they could break my membranes before going in because they would do that at the hospital anyways. I just don't know if I can mentally go that long. I don't want to carry this stress that long.

For a die hard all-natural-let-nature-take-it's-course type home birther this situation is very humbling and eye opening.

#255 of 303 Old 07-09-2011, 06:10 AM

Quote:

How nice that you can relax. I'm sure your body is gearing up. I can't imagine it not doing anything this far along. Long walks will be nice. Do you have a birth ball? I was doing circles on mine last night, I think it helped move the head down.

I expected the sweep to feel a bit rough or hurt. I didn't feel a thing, I wonder if she was too gentle! They said I'd have some more bloody mucus but I haven't really had any. I'm still 4cm but 60% effaced now - I was 40% on Monday, head is now engaged (it was -1 on Monday). Things are progressing, that's encouraging. They monitored baby's heart rate and found no signs of stress. It's still really active between contractions.... which I've had all day.... We rented a breast pump and I'm actually producing a good amount of colostrum already! The nipple stimulation did little in the way of contractions which I think is due to the fact that I'm already having them. I just can't bring myself to do castor oil.

Like you I don't risk out of a home birth until 43 weeks and even then the mw's said they could break my membranes before going in because they would do that at the hospital anyways. I just don't know if I can mentally go that long. I don't want to carry this stress that long.

For a die hard all-natural-let-nature-take-it's-course type home birther this situation is very humbling and eye opening.

How are you holding up? I'm really pissed that I woke up still preggo this morning with no hint of pressure waves. Every hint of my body doing something seems to have stopped. greensad.gif I'm not trying to be whiney, but really? I mean come on. I'm 41+6 here. This is just feeling very ridiculous! Not to mention I have a very sore throat this morning. My DS has had a fever for the past two days and we suspect that it's an ear infection. But now that my throat is sore I'm worried that it's strep. But he hasn't complained about his throat at all. The last thing I need is to get sick right now. And that sounds terrible because of course I don't want him sick either. It's all just bad timing!

I may get my walking shoes on while it's still cooler this morning and head out the door and see how far I can push myself. Perhaps I'll walk right over to the drugstore and bring some castor oil back with me. I really wanted to make myself wait until after Monday (when my BPP is scheduled) before trying to push things along, but I'm just getting so impatient! I'm kind of wishing now that I'd had an internal exam at my last appt., just so I'd know. But I can get that done Monday as I'll see my midwife after my BPP. Another reason I guess I felt like it'd be wise to wait to do castor oil or anything. I don't want to try that if my cervix is not dilated or effaced at all as I think I'd just end up with diarrhea and no birthing.

I did see some acupressure videos on youtube for induction. Might try those. I don't know. I'm just frustrated. As I said, feeling very moody and pissed off this morning.

Now that I'm done doing daycare, we were able to set up the birth pool (minus water) and get the room ready (I'm birthing in my daycare room) so that we have less to do when birthing starts. Yes, I said when. I'm still refusing to believe that this won't happen on its own. But my faith is wavering.

#256 of 303 Old 07-09-2011, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hi Crystal, sorry things slowed down again.  I hope you don't have strep throat!  Do you have oregano oil?  I find that gargling it helps when it feels like I have strep throat.  

I was up every five minutes peeing last night and every time I got up my uterus felt so hard but no real action.  Every day I wake up so disappointed!  It's harder than I ever could have thought to be at this stage.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#257 of 303 Old 07-09-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:

How are you holding up? I'm really pissed that I woke up still preggo this morning with no hint of pressure waves. Every hint of my body doing something seems to have stopped. greensad.gif I'm not trying to be whiney, but really? I mean come on. I'm 41+6 here. This is just feeling very ridiculous! Not to mention I have a very sore throat this morning. My DS has had a fever for the past two days and we suspect that it's an ear infection. But now that my throat is sore I'm worried that it's strep. But he hasn't complained about his throat at all. The last thing I need is to get sick right now. And that sounds terrible because of course I don't want him sick either. It's all just bad timing!

I may get my walking shoes on while it's still cooler this morning and head out the door and see how far I can push myself. Perhaps I'll walk right over to the drugstore and bring some castor oil back with me. I really wanted to make myself wait until after Monday (when my BPP is scheduled) before trying to push things along, but I'm just getting so impatient! I'm kind of wishing now that I'd had an internal exam at my last appt., just so I'd know. But I can get that done Monday as I'll see my midwife after my BPP. Another reason I guess I felt like it'd be wise to wait to do castor oil or anything. I don't want to try that if my cervix is not dilated or effaced at all as I think I'd just end up with diarrhea and no birthing.

I did see some acupressure videos on youtube for induction. Might try those. I don't know. I'm just frustrated. As I said, feeling very moody and pissed off this morning.

Now that I'm done doing daycare, we were able to set up the birth pool (minus water) and get the room ready (I'm birthing in my daycare room) so that we have less to do when birthing starts. Yes, I said when. I'm still refusing to believe that this won't happen on its own. But my faith is wavering.

hug2.gifIt's great you can let it all out. Keep ranting, I'm sure every one here can understand and it feels so good to have an outlet.

Can you call your mw and set up an apt before Monday? can you reach your cervix? I swear I was checking myself 3-5 times a day every day I was cramping/having light pressure waves. If you're dilated a sweep might be an easier first try than castor oil. I mentioned to my mw's yesterday that I was considering it and one of them said it's having stomach cramps and contractions at the same time. :}

So yesterday I had a sweep, rented a pump for nipple stimulation, circles on the birthing ball for 40 min. (20min clockwise, 20 min ccw) DTD and then.... baby came in 1hr and 48 minutes arriving at 2:24am! I was in shock that he was out so quickly!

I was hoping we might go right around the same time, for your sanity and mine! Hang in there, I'm rooting for you!!!

#258 of 303 Old 07-09-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weliveintheforest View Post

Hi Crystal, sorry things slowed down again.  I hope you don't have strep throat!  Do you have oregano oil?  I find that gargling it helps when it feels like I have strep throat.  

I was up every five minutes peeing last night and every time I got up my uterus felt so hard but no real action.  Every day I wake up so disappointed!  It's harder than I ever could have thought to be at this stage.

hug2.gifRight there with you. I hope to God we both go soon for our sanity! It is really hard to be at this stage. This is my first experience with this since I allowed myself to be induced at 40+4 with my DS. It's an exercise in faith that my body does work. I'm really fighting off a lot of doubt. I don't have any oregano oil, but my throat's feeling better and based on how strep throat kicked in last time I had it, I'm sure that I don't have it. I'm just paranoid I guess because of course it would be horrible to get sick right before starting my birthing! It still feels a bit scratchy. I'm wondering if it's just the AC in the house. I've been keeping the thermostat pretty low so our AC is running constantly. Expensive as all get out, but I just can't handle the slightest bit of heat! So that could just be making my throat a bit raw and achy.

Quote:

hug2.gifIt's great you can let it all out. Keep ranting, I'm sure every one here can understand and it feels so good to have an outlet.

Can you call your mw and set up an apt before Monday? can you reach your cervix? I swear I was checking myself 3-5 times a day every day I was cramping/having light pressure waves. If you're dilated a sweep might be an easier first try than castor oil. I mentioned to my mw's yesterday that I was considering it and one of them said it's having stomach cramps and contractions at the same time. :}

So yesterday I had a sweep, rented a pump for nipple stimulation, circles on the birthing ball for 40 min. (20min clockwise, 20 min ccw) DTD and then.... baby came in 1hr and 48 minutes arriving at 2:24am! I was in shock that he was out so quickly!

I was hoping we might go right around the same time, for your sanity and mine! Hang in there, I'm rooting for you!!!

Wow - Congratulations! What a crazy quick birth! Well, I'm not going to worry about scheduling before Monday. I'm just going to kick it up a notch as far as actively trying to get this baby out. That's the thing - I haven't been as active in attempting to get baby out as some others have - I think largely because I was doing daycare full time and just didn't have the energy. Also, I admit that once I got midway this past week I kind of wanted to make it until Friday anyways so that I could get another full payday before maternity leave. Being officially on maternity leave I really do want this baby to come asap so that I can soak up as much baby time as possible before returning to work.

Well, I'm going to try the constant circles on the birth ball - doing that now actually as I type. It's kind of funny - it's a bit like trying to pat my head and rub my tummy at the same time. Every once in awhile I lose my rhythm/direction and have to correct myself! But overall I'm doing pretty good. I had to go by the health store and get some body soap. I picked up the castor oil, had it in my hand, turned the bottle over, thought really hard about it, and just couldn't do it. I will do it if it comes to that because well I'd rather deal with diarrhea and stomach cramps during early birthing than lose my home birth. But I'm a week away from that and I do believe that a lot can happen in a week's time. So, as I said, I'm doing circles. It will be time to reverse direction in another ten minutes or so and I'm already feeling crampy. Plus I'm eating pineapple. I'm not used to eating this much fresh pineapple at one time. It's making me feel a bit bleh, but hey, even if I puke it up, if it helps start birthing I'm cool with it! 

#259 of 303 Old 07-09-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:

Wow - Congratulations! What a crazy quick birth! Well, I'm not going to worry about scheduling before Monday. I'm just going to kick it up a notch as far as actively trying to get this baby out. That's the thing - I haven't been as active in attempting to get baby out as some others have - I think largely because I was doing daycare full time and just didn't have the energy. Also, I admit that once I got midway this past week I kind of wanted to make it until Friday anyways so that I could get another full payday before maternity leave. Being officially on maternity leave I really do want this baby to come asap so that I can soak up as much baby time as possible before returning to work.

Well, I'm going to try the constant circles on the birth ball - doing that now actually as I type. It's kind of funny - it's a bit like trying to pat my head and rub my tummy at the same time. Every once in awhile I lose my rhythm/direction and have to correct myself! But overall I'm doing pretty good. I had to go by the health store and get some body soap. I picked up the castor oil, had it in my hand, turned the bottle over, thought really hard about it, and just couldn't do it. I will do it if it comes to that because well I'd rather deal with diarrhea and stomach cramps during early birthing than lose my home birth. But I'm a week away from that and I do believe that a lot can happen in a week's time. So, as I said, I'm doing circles. It will be time to reverse direction in another ten minutes or so and I'm already feeling crampy. Plus I'm eating pineapple. I'm not used to eating this much fresh pineapple at one time. It's making me feel a bit bleh, but hey, even if I puke it up, if it helps start birthing I'm cool with it! 

lol.gif I had the same deal with the birth ball.

I love your attitude. :) And it makes sense to wait til you are on maternity leave.

Off to rest. So thankful my MIL is here to help DH deal with the kids and house. love.gif 

#260 of 303 Old 07-09-2011, 06:01 PM

Swimming-duck, thinking of you!  Hoping birthing gets going soon.  You're still not "overdue," that's not til 42 weeks!  All is still normal!  Your body works!  You can do it!!!

om.gif

lover of K partners.gif mom to S superhero.gifb.12/07  and C joy.gifb.6/11

#261 of 303 Old 07-09-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_up View Post

Swimming-duck, thinking of you!  Hoping birthing gets going soon.  You're still not "overdue," that's not til 42 weeks!  All is still normal!  Your body works!  You can do it!!!

om.gif

Thanks for that! I do try to remind myself of this truth, but it's hard when society around you seems to think two seconds past 40 weeks is past due! But you are absolutely right! And well, tomorrow is 42 weeks, but so what if I'm a day or two past due in the true sense. I still get my home birth thankfully as long as I don't go past 43 weeks and so long as everything is okay at my BPP on Monday. But I won't make it that far. I'm birthing this baby tonight/tomorrow.

Here's the things I've done today:

Gorged on fresh pineapple

Evening primrose oil

Just got back from a LONG walk that included gutter walking

Hip circles on birth ball

Birthing affirmations

Pelvic rocking

Side lunges with one leg elevated on chair

Gave acupressure to self

Painted fingernails - so my nails look cute in birthing pictures

And there went a pressure wave as I'm writing. I plan to grab my ipod and fall asleep to hypnobabies, sleep for awhile, and wake up with pressure waves.

Thanks for all the support and well wishes ladies. It's been nice to have a place to come and rant. I feel like I have to be so positive around other people and on facebook since not everyone understands allowing birthing to come in its own time!

weliveintheforest likes this.

#262 of 303 Old 07-09-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:

Painted fingernails - so my nails look cute in birthing pictures

This made my baby come out! Maybe. The night before he was born I talked on the phone with my sister and jokingly said that I had to change my toenail polish because the baby didn't like the colour I had on and would not be born otherwise. I changed it and birthed him the next morning.  

#263 of 303 Old 07-09-2011, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Funny about the nail polish talk... I never use nail polish but was *thisclose* to buying some at a health food store today biggrinbounce.gif If it had been cheaper I totally would have.  I might go get some cheap stuff tonight, because it sounds important winky.gif I used to use it but all I have left is base coat for some reason.

Congrats Klynne!  I might have to try a pump, I'm pretty sure I know where my hand one is...

I had some reflexology today, and I don't know if it will make any difference but it felt good to do something proactive other than walking!

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#264 of 303 Old 07-09-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:

This made my baby come out! Maybe. The night before he was born I talked on the phone with my sister and jokingly said that I had to change my toenail polish because the baby didn't like the colour I had on and would not be born otherwise. I changed it and birthed him the next morning.  

Well, at least I'm on the right track with the nails then! winky.gif

Quote:

Funny about the nail polish talk... I never use nail polish but was *thisclose* to buying some at a health food store today biggrinbounce.gif If it had been cheaper I totally would have.  I might go get some cheap stuff tonight, because it sounds important winky.gif I used to use it but all I have left is base coat for some reason.

Congrats Klynne!  I might have to try a pump, I'm pretty sure I know where my hand one is...

I had some reflexology today, and I don't know if it will make any difference but it felt good to do something proactive other than walking!

Yes, get those nails gussied up. Let's both birth tonight/tomorrow, okay? This waiting is for the birds!

My plan was to fall asleep. That didn't happen. I did lay down and do some evening primrose oil and listen to a hypnobabies track. But I didn't fall asleep to it and I actually felt a bit stiff from the long walk, so I thought it would be better to get up, stretch, move around, etc...instead of go straight to bed with stiff muscles. Now I'm circling on the birth ball and boy is it making me crampy! In a few minutes I'll take a potty break and do another 20 minutes of circles on the birth ball going the other direction. I'm not trying to wear myself out too much prior to birthing with all of this effort, but I just want to get the show on the road so badly. I want everyone who's coming to my birth to get a phone call at like 4:00am or something tomorrow saying that they need to come and I want to hold my little sweet bundle of newborn loveliness!

Weliveintheforest - I think we're the last two waiting in the DDC? Anyone else still waiting or is everyone else on the postpartum side of things?

#265 of 303 Old 07-09-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:

The pump was much better at stimulating vs. hand rolling. Hope it helps you!!

Quote:

Well, at least I'm on the right track with the nails then! winky.gif

Yes, get those nails gussied up. Let's both birth tonight/tomorrow, okay? This waiting is for the birds!

My plan was to fall asleep. That didn't happen. I did lay down and do some evening primrose oil and listen to a hypnobabies track. But I didn't fall asleep to it and I actually felt a bit stiff from the long walk, so I thought it would be better to get up, stretch, move around, etc...instead of go straight to bed with stiff muscles. Now I'm circling on the birth ball and boy is it making me crampy! In a few minutes I'll take a potty break and do another 20 minutes of circles on the birth ball going the other direction. I'm not trying to wear myself out too much prior to birthing with all of this effort, but I just want to get the show on the road so badly. I want everyone who's coming to my birth to get a phone call at like 4:00am or something tomorrow saying that they need to come and I want to hold my little sweet bundle of newborn loveliness!

Weliveintheforest - I think we're the last two waiting in the DDC? Anyone else still waiting or is everyone else on the postpartum side of things?

That baby has no chance of staying in much longer! You're going to rock it out!! :)

#266 of 303 Old 07-09-2011, 11:21 PM

Was busy for a few days and come back to lots of babies! Hopefully when I log in tomorrow, there will be two more! :) ELVs to Swimming and WeLive!

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#267 of 303 Old 07-10-2011, 04:20 AM

Woke up to find out I'm still pregnant this morning. Starting the hip circles already this morning. I will birth this baby today. That's my mantra and I'm sticking to it all day long. Tomorrow I go for a BPP if baby is still in there. I really don't want to!

I'm trying to retain some confidence in my body. After everything that I did yesterday I think some steady pressure waves are in order, but nothing, zip, nada. When I had my DS my OB (different care provider) convinced me at 40+4 that my cervix wasn't going to dilate no matter how long we waited and that I needed to be induced in order to get things going and I believed him. I've been so proud for making a choice to trust my body this time around, but I admit that his words have popped into my head more and more lately. What if he's right? What if my body doesn't know how to do this? I know it's lousy to think that way. I'm trying so hard to stay positive, but I'm 42 weeks today. And I know that normal birth can happen between 38-42 weeks typically. So I"m refusing to call myself late yet. But this is really really really hard!

#268 of 303 Old 07-10-2011, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter

Sending lots of labor vibes to swimming and Welive!! goodvibes.gif And whoever else is out there in the June DDC still waiting to meet their babe!

I will be thinking about you!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#269 of 303 Old 07-10-2011, 05:09 AM

Hi Swimming-duck, I wish I could offer you more advice other than do your best to stay positive! I am finding myself with a similar frame of mind and I am trying to do the same but its hard. I'm 41+3 so I know I have a few more more days before I have to consider BPP which is the last thing I want. Additionally, my midwife is going away at the end of the week and another birth attendant, a good friend of mine, who was to take care of my son is leaving in 3 days. I am feeling the pressure and I'm sure that is not going to help get me into labor. I also have this fear that I orginally thought would be irrational but it is starting to pop into my head, which is that my pelvis specifically my sacrum is misalighned and preventing the baby from properly sitting on my cervix. I injured my saccrum back in November and despite many chiropractior adjustments it has been been problematic throughout my pregnancy. My point is that I am finding that my fears are starting to get the best of me. So here is to trying to stay positive that our birthing time will come and it will be a wonderful experience well worth the wait!!!!

#270 of 303 Old 07-10-2011, 09:46 AM

Crystal, if it helps, the OB you're going to is super nice and not a pusher of interventions. I delivered with the midwife in his practice and saw him a couple of times. If you do end up having to go in for you BPP, trust that it will go smoothly. This OB is totally different from your last one (from my last one, too!). Hugs. I've been stalking for your birth story.

BFing, bedsharing, toddler wearing, non-circing, vegan mama to the sweetest boy in the world (2/08), wife to my spicy rock star (4/06) and expecting a new family member 6/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page