Who else is due at the end of June? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 303 Old 05-01-2011, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a feeling I will be one of the last mamas standing in this DDC!! My due date isn't until June 26th - I know there is a very good chance I will go early... and a very good chance I will go a little late! By some stroke of strangeness, DD was born exactly on her due date so that's all I have to go by (DS was an early section).

I keep seeing all these mamas in here who are 34, 35 weeks and I can't help but be a little envious! These last couple of months are the hardest for me. Time moves both so fast and so slowly and the anticipation of meeting the little one is overwhelming!

So who else is a late bloomer like me? joy.gif

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#2 of 303 Old 05-01-2011, 06:03 PM

I'm due the 21st and went 9 days over with DS.

BFing, bedsharing, toddler wearing, non-circing, vegan mama to the sweetest boy in the world (2/08), wife to my spicy rock star (4/06) and expecting a new family member 6/11
#3 of 303 Old 05-01-2011, 06:16 PM

Me me!  My official due date is June 25th and I started out in the July DDC before I had an ultrasound. 

Lovin my SAHD DH and 2 kiddos

#4 of 303 Old 05-01-2011, 06:20 PM

I am due the 20th and went past my due date with my first two. 

#5 of 303 Old 05-01-2011, 06:24 PM

I am due either the 18th or 20th...midwife and I kind of disagree on dates, but whatever.  First DD was on her due date and second DD was 6 days past.  I'm expecting this one to come between the 20th and 27th.  I'll be right there with you!!  It's hard to see others further along in a way, but then again, I'll be there in a few weeks.  I'm really wanting this one to come after the 15th, though because my first DD graduates Kindergarten that day and then *her* birthday is July 1.  This baby needs to cooperate and squeeze in between!  thumb.gif

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#6 of 303 Old 05-02-2011, 06:36 AM

I'm here too!!  Due June 30th....so I hop between this DDC and July.  winky.gif

homeschooling, husband pleasing, mama to 3 boys and another little love on the way!chicken3.gif
#7 of 303 Old 05-02-2011, 07:28 AM

I'm also due June 30th, so I do often feel a bit "in between" the June and July DDCs.  This is #1 for me, so who knows when it will come.  It is hard to believe that it is still two months away considering how big we both seem to be getting!  Our anniversary is July 4, so I am also hoping that we don't have to share our anniversary.  smile.gif

DH and I expecting our first EDD 6/30/11! 
#8 of 303 Old 05-02-2011, 07:40 AM

I feel ya sista.  I'm due on June 27, and the last couple of months are always the hardest.  Luckily, we'll have lots of wonderful stories about babies being born the whole month of June to help us keep our eye on the prize.  That, and the "late bloomers" can commiserate together. 

Mama to my 4-year-old lil' man and with a new little one on the way.
#9 of 303 Old 05-02-2011, 01:36 PM

I'm due the 25th, right there with ya! 

lover of K partners.gif mom to S superhero.gifb.12/07  and C joy.gifb.6/11

#10 of 303 Old 05-02-2011, 08:43 PM

I'm also due June 30th, but I think I will end going late.

#11 of 303 Old 05-02-2011, 08:43 PM

I'm in the "late june" crew as well. My EDB is the 26th, but my daughter came 4 days past her due date so it's anyone's guess what this little one will do. I am glad to have some more time in front of me though--May feels a little hectic and I will really need as much of June as I can get to really get ready to welcome another little one to our family. I feel like I need to bust out the birth books again and squeeze in a bunch of prenatal yoga sessions before #2 arrives! 

A part of me wonders if the full moon on June 15th will bring this baby out early though, since my daughter was born on the full moon as well. 38 weeks wouldn't be totally out of the question, but probably unlikely for me...

Mama to one darling and wild 3 year old, and growing a tiny new June Bean.
#12 of 303 Old 05-03-2011, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter

I am so glad I am not the only one!

BFinBrooklyn, I was wondering the same thing about the full moon. I am thinking this baby might come somewhere between the full moon and the solstice... but really, who knows? I am just now starting to feel the nesting urge and actually have the energy to start getting things done. Thank goodness!!! I was getting worried that the baby would come and absolutely nothing would be ready. I can't say I have much to do, but it would be a good idea to at least get out the newborn clothes and diapers and get them washed, lol!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#13 of 303 Old 05-03-2011, 05:41 AM

The 28th! With DD, I went into labor on her EDD and had her early the morning after.

#14 of 303 Old 05-03-2011, 11:43 AM

EDD would be June 28-30, but we've told everyone from the beginning early July.  now that it's getting closer, and I'm a little fatigued, I *totally* wouldnt mind a Junebug!   I've just always assumed I'd be 41+ weeks, seeing as the average first time mom with good prenatal care/nutrition goes more than 41 weeks.   I'm telling the baby that June is a fabulous birthday time too, though.   I see why people get discouraged after the due date comes and goes Sheepish.gif

#15 of 303 Old 05-03-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithigin View Post

The 28th! With DD, I went into labor on her EDD and had her early the morning after.

I did the same thing with my DD. I started having noticable ctx that didn't go away around 10 pm and she was born at almost 9 am the next morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fertilemyrtle View Post

EDD would be June 28-30, but we've told everyone from the beginning early July.  now that it's getting closer, and I'm a little fatigued, I *totally* wouldnt mind a Junebug!   I've just always assumed I'd be 41+ weeks, seeing as the average first time mom with good prenatal care/nutrition goes more than 41 weeks.   I'm telling the baby that June is a fabulous birthday time too, though.   I see why people get discouraged after the due date comes and goes Sheepish.gif

I expected to go late with my first as well, but he was born at 39 weeks on the dot.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#16 of 303 Old 05-03-2011, 09:22 PM

25th here, but expecting to go around the 20-22nd as I've been 39w4d for several pregnancies that I went into labor on my own! :) I've also never gone overdue...so hopefully I don't start a new trend this time LOL

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#17 of 303 Old 05-03-2011, 09:34 PM

I'm due the 26th, but I'm expecting this baby to come closer to July or in July. Though I *hope* it comes in June just so I don't have to wait so long ;).

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#18 of 303 Old 05-04-2011, 05:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Me too! I'm due June 26th. I have a feeling that this baby will be arriving in July. My DS was 4 days late, but I had an induction. I think he would've been several weeks late if we had allowed him to come when he was ready. So, I guess that makes me feel that this one may be a late bloomer too. But we'll see. Personally I'd love to actually go in June. I'm getting more miserable and uncomfortable by the second. Plus, my birthday is July 14th, my son's is July 12th, my brother's is July 3rd. So it would be nice to stay out of July! But I will love reading all of the birth stories in the meantime. I'm hoping to read some great home birth stories to help me boost my confidence right before my own home birth!

Crystal (34) married to nursing student DH (38) partners.gif ,  mama to superhero.gif(7/07), brokenheart.gif (1/09), and rainbow1284.gifjammin.gif (7/11) and stork-suprise.gif (12/28) homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg homeschool.gif
#19 of 303 Old 05-04-2011, 08:16 AM

I'm in the later half of June too.  EDD has been pegged anywhere between June 17-June 27.  I'm measuring about a week and a half small too.  I keep telling people so long as baby comes in June, I'm happy :)  

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

#20 of 303 Old 05-04-2011, 09:54 AM

I'm due the 25th and in no rush. This is #3 and could be our last so I'm savoring every moment. Okay, so some nights when I feel especially uncomfortable I feel done but for the most part I'm savoring every moment! lol.gif

Melanie
#21 of 303 Old 05-04-2011, 12:04 PM

I'm due the 19th, but given my nine day late baby, I'm worried I'll go late again.  It's not fun going late!!!  I'm surprised we haven't seen any births yet on the board.  Usually there seems to always be one or two that end up going a little early!

#22 of 303 Old 05-04-2011, 12:30 PM

I'm due the 29th!   My original due date was 6/23, but it was pushed back after a dating US.  I keep trying to convince LO to move out early, but she doesn't seem interested.  :)  Part of me wants her to be early - I'm definitely ready to be not-pregnant any more, and I think it would be kind of cute if she were born on our anniversary, the 21st.  But then I think it might not be so cool to share our anniversary.  Hard to justify going out for a romantic dinner on our kid's birthday, right? 

#23 of 303 Old 05-04-2011, 04:35 PM

I'm due the 24th!  It's my third, so I am hoping I may not go overdue this time!

Mama to a 5.5 yr old boy and a 2.5 yr old girl.  Expecting baby 3 (another girl!) late June
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stillheart.gif

#24 of 303 Old 05-04-2011, 07:07 PM

yeah, I saw that thread where everyone was all "I'll be full-term in 5 days!" and I'm definitely not there either. EDD should be June 21 or 22. But she'll come when she comes. As long as she waits to come IN June I'm happy (want to finish up clinicals). Ideally I'd like to make it to graduation but if I don't, oh well.

#25 of 303 Old 05-07-2011, 08:13 AM

We are June 24 over here :) This is my first, so I have no idea about early, late, or on time. I hadn't considered the full moon, but that would be lovely!

cynthia, 38 - high school english teacher, wife to a wonderful writer, expecting first little one in June 2011
#26 of 303 Old 05-07-2011, 08:23 AM

I'm due June 23. I went late with my two babies before so I have it in my head that we will have an extra week despite that my OB thinks I will come early. We will see who is right. ; )

#27 of 303 Old 05-08-2011, 09:10 AM

I'm due June 22nd but my first was born 3 weeks early and was perfectly ready to be born, not on the small side even...so I say baby is coming sometime in June...

raising my two sunshine children.

#28 of 303 Old 06-04-2011, 08:12 AM

Just checking in, how are all the late June mamas feeling?

I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and feeling equal parts unprepared and welcoming of this new little one. I know there are things yet to be done, but I also feel like any time he/she wants to show up at this point is fine with me. I'd prefer it to be after my mom gets into town on the 14th though, because we could really use the help with my daughter during and after the birth. 

All is well otherwise though, measuring right on, midwife predicted this babe would be about the same size as my daughter was (7 and a half pounds) and next week I'll hear about the GBS test. 

Yesterday I had an hour of contractions that were 3-4 minutes apart, and they felt like "real" contractions more than the braxton-hicks warm-ups of the past few months. Cramping and tightening and cervical pressure and all. They were enough to get my attention and look at the clock anyway! Then I layed down and had some water and they went away, but it was a nice little reminder of what lies ahead, and actually got me excited about this labor. I feel ready. 

Mama to one darling and wild 3 year old, and growing a tiny new June Bean.
#29 of 303 Old 06-04-2011, 08:24 AM

I've been having more bh this week. I'd had really none up until this point and none with DS. It makes me wonder if I'll be going less over than I did with him. I'm feeling big and clutzy and the heat is bothering me more (90s this week). I'm soaking up these last days as a mama of just one, though, making time to do all sorts of fun stuff with DS. We went to the pool last night and it felt so good to be in the water.

I had my GBS last week. I assume I'll hear back next week? Hmmm.

We have almost everything on the to do list checked off. DH needs to move some furniture around and wants to organize the basement first. We'll see if it actually gets done before my birthing time. Hypnobabies is still going well. I met with my birth photographer and I'm all set with that.

Many people on my birth team, my doula, and several people I have lined up for care for DS, have upcoming travel dates. I'm a little nervous about how all of that is going to work out. I'm trying to put my energy into thinking positive, but I need to line up a few more back ups of back ups to feel totally comfortable.

BFing, bedsharing, toddler wearing, non-circing, vegan mama to the sweetest boy in the world (2/08), wife to my spicy rock star (4/06) and expecting a new family member 6/11
#30 of 303 Old 06-04-2011, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I had my 36 week appt. Friday. I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow. Baby is head down. Butt is against my tummy usually, so I"m taking that as a good sign that baby will be anterior - oh I hope I hope! I had my GBS test - I'll get the results next week sometime. I did a bunch of prevention, so I'm really hoping that it helped! I've got much of my home birth supply basket put together. There's still some things that need to be thrown in there. My mom is going to grab a few things for me. I still need to find something to wear. I found some sleep nursing bras and will wear one under some sort of sleep shirt/ night gown so that I can strip that off and just wear the bra if I get hot. I think I'm going to put a stitch in it though as it's a wrap style and I could see my boob falling right out of it and I'm trying to retain some shred of modesty since I"m having like a zillion people at my home birth. Not really, but it just feels that way since DH and I were the only ones at the birth of my DS. We're having my close friend photograph, my mom will be there as support for our DS, and my SIL will be there as additional support and to help with anything else that's needed, and then of course the midwife and her assistant. I keep joking that I should get party hats and favor bags!

Anyways, how is everyone feeling? I actually have been feeling great this past week. I am now doing weekly chiro visits and I really think this is helping. Plus I've gotten a few things scrubbed and cleaned and even though it's taken a considerable amount of physical effort I feel like I have felt so much better getting some things on my list done. My newborn diapers are prepped and ready to go, my mama cloth is out and ready to go for postpartum. We're doing our full run through of the birth pool tonight. We've done a small run through where we did not fill the pool all the way. I'm kind of excited actually. I want to get in the pool and relax! I've scrubbed my daycare room (which is where the birth will take place). My big project for today is going to be putting laundry away and hopefully getting the cosleeper up in the bedroom. We'll see.

Anyways, on to impending labor signs. Eh - not much going on here. I've had a few BH. I didn't realize that's what they were at first because I thought BH was going to be painful. It hasn't been thus far. But based on everyone's description, I'm pretty sure that's what it is. It actually feels kind of nice - I don't know - exciting to me for some reason. I guess exciting to know that something is going on that is prepping my body for labor even if that's it!

Mentally I'm in a great place for labor. I don't know if it's all the hypnobabies affirmations I've been listening to or what, but I feel like I've gone from apprehensively wanting home birth to feeling like "I'm woman. Watch me birth at home!" I don't feel afraid at all, which given how traumatized I felt after my DS's intervention heavy hospital birth is nothing short of miraculous. I'm just excited really and that's about all I feel. I'm loving the hypnobabies - still can't stay still and spend most practices in center as opposed to off, but just going with it and I know that it'll help when I need it to!

As far as being early or late. My DS was induced at four days "late". DS and my body were nowhere near ready. I think I would have gone another week if left to birth on my own. However, he was posterior and I know that can cause labor to start later than it otherwise would. So I don't know if going late is my natural pattern or if I might end up going earlier and/or on time since this baby is anterior (I'm thinking positively here).I'm really hoping for a June baby because my brother's birthday is July 3rd. DS is the 12th. Mine is the 14th and my nephews is the 16th. I'd kind of like for this LO to have a June birthday, but eh - not up to me now is it?

Gah - I kind of wrote a book. I have such a bad habit of doing that at times! 

Bald Bull's Mama - I hope we both get negatives on our GBS tests. On a different note, I'm actually going to try to make it to the CP group meeting in June since DS doesn't have tumbling. I think the topic would be a great one - especially if I can get DH to come with me. So if you'll be there I'd love to say hey in person!

BarefootinBrooklyn - Also hoping for a negative GBS test for you as well! Also, just think those contractions that felt real might have been doing part of your labor, so maybe your cervix will have less work to do by the time you get to your birthing day!

Crystal (34) married to nursing student DH (38) partners.gif ,  mama to superhero.gif(7/07), brokenheart.gif (1/09), and rainbow1284.gifjammin.gif (7/11) and stork-suprise.gif (12/28) homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg homeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page