Stalking anyone (or should I say everyone)? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 05-06-2011, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I will admit it.  I have been stalking the boards, too tired to post much or respond, but stalking....waiting for the first birth to post.  Maybe it will make the whole process real to me.  Anyone else brave enough to join me in admitting the stalker-ness?  

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#2 of 13 Old 05-06-2011, 05:01 PM

I tend to lurk much more than I post.  Mainly because I have a very attention demanding toddler who is usually crawling all over my lap to get my attention and over my laptop so typing would be impossible anyway. 

I too am so excited about starting to see june arrivals.  I lurk on another forum (though I prefer this one) which is more mainstream and since I am due June 1st, I visit may duedate club as well as june and was shocked that by mid april there were like 10 or more may babies born.  Now first week of may, they have like 50!  So many early babies.  Most didn't just come on their own though of course, they were induced or early sections. 

Still, crazy that all those may babies are here already. I love popping into our may DDC and seeing the new babes.  I can't wait to see the June ones start to arrive.  It definately will make me feel closer...wait....what am I talking about????  I am due June 1st, haha  I should be one of the first, hahahaha!!!  For some reason I am just feeling I will go 2 weeks late.  I have with two of my other pregnancies even though I knew the exact date of conception. 

Ha, well, either way...

Let's try and enjoy the last few weeks..as miserable as they are making us physically, lol.

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#3 of 13 Old 05-06-2011, 05:32 PM

I read all the time, but I almost never post, because I don't have time to respond to everyone's amazing lives (and I am a ferocious self-editor, so it takes far more time than it should). So yeah, I'm stalking you all, I guess. And I recognize both of your names (icons? avatars? member names?), so you are less lurky than I am!

I feel very privileged to be able to see what's going on with you all. It's encouraging!

Mom of two kids, expecting again in June or July 2014. 
#4 of 13 Old 05-06-2011, 06:41 PM

It seems like this DDC has been kind of slow, other than the chat thread. I am lurking around too...although I do expect to be one of the first to go.

I am actually surprised we don't have ANY birth announcements yet...usually there's a preemie or a set of twins or something by now, no?

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#5 of 13 Old 05-06-2011, 07:06 PM

Yes, yes. Most definitely a stalker here!  

Is anyone else jumping to the other months and reading birth stories?  I can't tell if it is good for me to do that or not.........part of me doesn't want to think about birth until I am in the middle of doing it myself!!! 

homeschooling, husband pleasing, mama to 3 boys and another little love on the way!chicken3.gif
#6 of 13 Old 05-06-2011, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

I am very shocked too.  Generally there is at least ONE birth by now.  It's awesome that there doesn't seem to be one, which means babies are cooking like they should but it's still shocking!

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#7 of 13 Old 05-06-2011, 08:17 PM

I'm in the stalker club too.  Probably has something to do with working full time, being in school full time and having a toddler.... :)

But I agree, this DDC is slower than many.  I guess all the busy mamas on MDC all decided to have Junebugs innocent.gif

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

#8 of 13 Old 05-07-2011, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've posted here and there, but feel like I lurk more than anything. I'm just so busy and so darn tired. Half the time I don't feel like I have the brain power to write anything that makes sense! I think I may end up posting more after baby is here as I'll be more comfortable and get better rest. I do hope we can all get more active at posting at some point - I really like the idea of getting to know one another a bit better. But that will come with time!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
#9 of 13 Old 05-07-2011, 08:14 AM

wave.gif

i am sure i read way more than i post. pretty soon our ddc will be hopping! may is going crazy right now...

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#10 of 13 Old 05-09-2011, 12:44 AM

i'm so glad you posted this thread. feels like a confessional! i definitely read way more than i post, and yes i stalk all the other DDCs too - the later ones to see what it's like later on, and to read the birth stories and the earlier ones to reminisce about what it was like earlier, or maybe to make myself feel better about having gotten this far!

i have that weird thing going on now where i am familiar with so many of the women on here but they don't know me because i don't post enough - serious stalker situation! 

#11 of 13 Old 05-09-2011, 08:16 AM

Sign me up for the stalker club, with a loud thank you to all those that post regularly. smile.gif

#12 of 13 Old 05-09-2011, 09:40 AM

I definitely read more than I post, but it makes me feel good just knowing everyone is here.  About the only time I get to read is during my lunch break.  But, I can't tell everyone how nice it is to be able to take a break, pop over and check on all of my Mothering preggers.  And, I can't believe how close we're all getting!!!

Mama to my 4-year-old lil' man and with a new little one on the way.
#13 of 13 Old 05-15-2011, 08:50 PM

I just realized that I have been lurking on this thread, too. redface.gif

I also read a lot more than I ever post. I'm interested, and people post some interesting things, but I don't often feel I have much to add to the conversation. I dunno, I guess my situation feels pretty different than what a lot of people share. To me, anyway. I was also lurking a lot on the May DDC, with all the birth stories and what have you .... but I've found myself becoming very very sensitive to anything sad or scary, and so I'm afraid to click on anybody's birth story now. I find myself reading more on the parenting forums these days.

hi!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page