May Chat Thread - Week 2 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 127 Old 05-12-2011, 06:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since you asked for opinions, I'm going to have to say I hate it when girls have boy names. shrug.gif It's hard enough to name boys as it is, IMO. Sorry. duck.gif

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#62 of 127 Old 05-12-2011, 06:44 AM

SarahLynne-- I know more girls named Cameron than boys! I like it :) I always think girls with unisex names are just "cool" ya know?

Smokering- I used to LOVE getting my hair done as a little girl.... but I'm from an Alabama family and getting all dolled up is just what we do... from birth haha. I am so jealous of your mini vacation. I bet DD will do great.... and even if she has a rough time, it will be a step in the right direction. Next time will only be easier! Just like the first day of school. 

Tracy- Thanks for the encouragement!

The hospital nurses and OB were actually more optimistic and helpful than my personal OB and PA. I almost want to just go there and forget about my OB. She is ok.... just not my style. She doesn't offer up info, you have to ask her SPECIFIC questions. She also has a little bit of an attitude, like a "you don't know what you are talking about, snarky, I'm the dr, so what I say is automatically correct" attitude. I really enjoy seeing her assistant though.... She likes to have dialogue and sympathizes with me about wanting a VBAC and being disappoointed in not only having a c-section, but now having to deal with this pain for weeks. The OB just said " well, we aren't giving you a c-section today so if that's what you came in for, sorry"      hahaha she must not know me very well, bc having a c-section at 35 weeks is the LAST thing I would want to do!  Anywho, I think that I surprise a lot of the nurses and Dr.'s when I refuse the pain meds. I feel like drugging me and the baby with narcotics is pretty much the same as him having to come out early--- not really something that I would CHOOSE without absolutely having to... ya know? 

Ok, I'm done rambling haha winky.gif

It's rainy and cloudy today.... guess I will be inside trying to finish up projects while being on "modified bed rest"----> riiiiiiiight. Does this mean my insurance is going to send an assistant to finish up everything before the baby arrives like getting a rental car while yours is in the shop?

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#63 of 127 Old 05-12-2011, 08:11 AM

Finally had my first "going into labor" dream last night.  I have usually had several by now. 

So, I dreamed I kept waking up and underwear were wet and I could tell my water broke (probably just because this is how it happened last time) and I checked my cervix and was about 5cm and could feel hard baby's head.  However, I was shocked that I was having no pain at all.  I assumed I had just slept through it and I would start feeling the all too familiar intense contractions any moment.  I never did though.  I was also trying to rush and post on here about being in labor but internet wasn't working so I was trying to do it from my cell but instead realized I needed to be calling the midwife because I haven't recieved my birth supplies yet.  Instead of getting her, her birth assistant called me back (one I don't know) and I told her I needed midwife to bring some supplies and a pool liner and we would replace them when ours arrived (ours really arent here yet, I will feel better when they are).  She said it should be fine.  I then realized I STILL havent had a contraction and would have to just go back to bed.  (I think this too was just because of how my last labor went, water broke in my sleep, woke up and contractions didn't start for 2 and a half days.)

I am excited though. 

Last night DH and I had planned on having a night without kids and go to our new fav mexican restaurant.  We ended up having to take the toddler but was no big deal.  We ate, he had a giant margarita that I tasted.  Wow, I know what my first alcoholic beverage post pregnancy will be, lol.  It was amazing!  As soon as we walked out, I noticed a dollar tree next door so I had him take the toddler to the car and I walked over to get the 3 or 4 things that were on my birth supplies list that I knew they carried (ibuprofen, disposable foil pan for placenta, etc) but when I went to check out, the line was long and I had to stand there and started getting really ill.  Went all pale, starting having the cold sweats, I set my stuff down and just walked out.  When I got to the car, I felt even worse.  I couldn't catch my breath at all.  I had to lay the seat all the way back, get on my left side and try and catch my breath almost the whole 15 minutes home.  When we got there, I got straight into bed but had to jump right back up to throw up.  Then I started feeling better.  I think the margarita was really hitting DH as well as he kept dozing in between saying very sexually explicit things to me.  (I need to get him drunk more often, he's usually pretty shy).

So, our night together where he was FINALLY gonna give me that foot massage he owed me, and we were gonna spend some down time together, we both just crawled into bed at 9:30 and would you believe we slept till 9 am?  Actually, he is still asleep, haha. 

Well, we missed out on some bonding time but we both caught up on some much needed sleep.

I have no clue what made me so sick but let me say it was so scary how I was feeling I almost thought about going to the hospital.  Weird.

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#64 of 127 Old 05-12-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post

Since you asked for opinions, I'm going to have to say I hate it when girls have boy names. shrug.gif It's hard enough to name boys as it is, IMO. Sorry. duck.gif

I totally get it :) I'm just tired of all the popular girls names and can't find anything that fits. I tried Kierstyn and it just doesn't fit. What's funny is I think naming my boys were all too easy. I had at least a 3-4 complete name (First and middle) list to pick from. DS2 had 2 names until he was born and we realized he was more of a "Steven" than a "Jackson." Oh and I like the "yn" thing lol.

I've tried to make sure they have very feminine middle names so if for some reason they hate their name they have a few options to fall on :P

I appreciate all the input ladies :) It's like pulling teeth to get DH to help me find names and discuss them.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#65 of 127 Old 05-12-2011, 09:00 AM

So I had my appointment today. Baby is measuring large...large head and already estimated over 7 lbs (I am 35 weeks)! I know they can be off with that sort of thing, but so far they have been right on for my two other babies AND I just know he's big...I can tell. haha My belly is also BIG. :-) If he continues to gain the average...i think i could be looking at a baby over 9 lbs. I know that's nothin' for some of you mamas, but I have no idea how you managed that! My last son was 8 lbs. 5 oz. and he seemed like a giant to me! lol I am a small woman! bigeyes.gif Anyway...

I can't believe how fast this is all going!!!!!

I think Cameryn totally fits in with your naming style, Sarah Lynne. For me though, spelled with the "e", I pronounce it with 3 syllables rather than 2. Am I weird? haha You mentioned wanting it to be 2 syllables like the other kids. So for me that would be Camryn...or something similar. Just a thought. winky.gif

Blissed out mama to 3 beautiful boys love.gif LIFE IS GOOD! thumb.gif

#66 of 127 Old 05-12-2011, 09:01 AM

Sarah - I like Cameryn. With all of the Addyson's ect out there, it shouldn't be too out of the norm.

Things seem to have calmed down on our end, Thankfully. I am still having contractions but not as regularly. I can tell that the baby is definatly making some changes in the cervix, which is okay for me as they induced me with DS and he was still not completely engaged in the pelvis so any of the work that I can do now is wonderful. I may breakdown and ask the midwife to check me on Tuesday when she comes to visit. I hope that everyone else is feeling well smile.gif I am excited because I have a prenatal massage this evening. DP scheudled it for me for my birthday present luxlove.gif. It was funny because I was going to scheudle one and she beat me to it!

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#67 of 127 Old 05-12-2011, 09:11 AM

Hi ladies! I had my baby shower w/ my good friends yesterday. It was so lovely! They are not as crunchy as I am, but bought just what I needed to finish up w/ baby, including two lambies. I feel so blessed.

The biggest news is we have decided that it would be better to move to our farm now instead of after. I have this window of opportunity, today I am 35 weeks. I feel calm and freaking out, w/ so much to do and tie up.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#68 of 127 Old 05-12-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post

Hi ladies! I had my baby shower w/ my good friends yesterday. It was so lovely! They are not as crunchy as I am, but bought just what I needed to finish up w/ baby, including two lambies. I feel so blessed.

The biggest news is we have decided that it would be better to move to our farm now instead of after. I have this window of opportunity, today I am 35 weeks. I feel calm and freaking out, w/ so much to do and tie up.

nice on the lambies! that's still on my list of must-haves. i made an amazon baby registry, but didn't widely broadcast it, just to parents for them to have and pass along in case anyone asked. well, i guess hardly anyone is asking, lol, because we have a total of 4 items purchased! oh well. i really want at least one sheepskin, though. might have to go get that myself...

best wishes with the big move. that's huge, and exciting!

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#69 of 127 Old 05-12-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post

I'm so gonna ask for opinions on this.

We're looking at the name Cameryn (spelled like that) for DD2. It goes with the pattern of the kids names (2 syllables, end in N sound.)

Too masculine? DD1 is Tristyn, and although traditionally a boys name, I think it fits her perfectly.

We have:

Austin James

Steven Coan

Tristyn Jane Noelle

Cameryn ??

My sister's name is Cameron, but she mostly goes by Cami. Actually, she went by Cami until she was about 9 years old and then switched to going by her middle name. She decided she likes her first name better now and about 2 months ago went back to being Cameron/Cami. I told her she's not allowed to change any more. lol

I was considering Camryn for a girl and Cameron for a boy until my sister decided to use her first name again. I like Camryn for a girl, I wouldn't put the "e" in there because then it makes it a 3 syllable name instead of 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

Tristyn seems more masculine than Cameryn to me, and you were obviously OK with that, so - I say, go for it! Of course, I'm saying that as a mother with a daughter called Rowan, so... you know. :p

Plus, she rubs the back of her head against things when she sleeps - you know where babies get bald spots? - and turns that portion into a short, fuzzy, knotty mess. So the time has come. Hopefully she'll behave...

My niece is named Rowan! It's always seemed more of a feminine name than a masculine name to me. I just love the name though.

My sister also had that fuzzy hair issue when she was little. To the point where my nickname for her was "Fuzzhead". I'm such a mean big sister! My mom got some satiny material from the fabric store and made her some special pillow slips so that her hair wouldn't be quite so fuzzy in the morning. They worked like a charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calynde View Post

So I had my appointment today. Baby is measuring large...large head and already estimated over 7 lbs (I am 35 weeks)! I know they can be off with that sort of thing, but so far they have been right on for my two other babies AND I just know he's big...I can tell. haha My belly is also BIG. :-) If he continues to gain the average...i think i could be looking at a baby over 9 lbs. I know that's nothin' for some of you mamas, but I have no idea how you managed that! My last son was 8 lbs. 5 oz. and he seemed like a giant to me! lol I am a small woman! bigeyes.gif Anyway...

I can't believe how fast this is all going!!!!!

I think Cameryn totally fits in with your naming style, Sarah Lynne. For me though, spelled with the "e", I pronounce it with 3 syllables rather than 2. Am I weird? haha You mentioned wanting it to be 2 syllables like the other kids. So for me that would be Camryn...or something similar. Just a thought. winky.gif

My biggest baby ever was 7#13oz and I'm thinking this one will be at least 8#. I'm wondering how to do that, and I'm NOT a small woman! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post

Yay for a lovely baby shower! Mine is on Sunday and I'm so excited, mostly for the social aspect of seeing a bunch of my friends all in one place. We're all so busy all the time. Plus, there will be food and cake!

I would think that moving now would be much easier than moving after baby is born. And then you can be in your new space with baby and not have to worry about packing things up right away. I hope it goes smoothly for you!

Well, I finished the poodle skirt this morning! And I must say, it looks AMAZING. I'm always in awe of myself when I manage to sew something that looks even remotely like it's supposed to. LOL  Anyway, here it is! (DD still has to glue the little white pompoms on the poodle in places where she wants them, and maybe some rhinestones. But that's what the hot glue gun is for. :)  )

Poodle skirt.jpg

And, I'm about halfway done on the baby quilt as well! I already had the sewing machine out so I figured I may as well work on the quilt. Of course, that means that all the other stuff I need to get done hasn't been done... but oh well! lol  This is what the quilt top looks like:

baby quilt top.jpg

I've added some of the border to the top already, I just didn't take a picture yet. Once I finish the border all the way I think I'll pack the sewing stuff away for a bit since I do have so much other stuff to get done.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#70 of 127 Old 05-12-2011, 12:54 PM

Jenni- I totally forgot that my grandmother used to make us sleep on silk pillowcases for that same reason! My mammy Margie used to sew them for us. Mine were ALWAYS pink. She also used to rub castor oil on our eyebrows and eyelashes to make them thick and full. Our bath routine (in a huge cast iron tub) was a bath with oatmeal and smell good stuff <-- no idea what they used but it was amazing, she would scrub us down with a home grown loofah, rub our knees and elbows with lemon juice, use Cholesterol in our hair, rub us down with baby lotion, then use that powder that comes in the leopard print box with the poof. On Saturdays we had our hair rolled in sponge rollers and got to wear a silk head scarf/headband to bed. We all had pajama "sets" too ...they were silk. My great grandmother made them all--- I still have one that I saved for DD. <---- Anywho, thanks for sending me down memory lane :) And reminding me how southern my family is hahahahaha

That poodle skirt is AMAZING. I would never be able to sew something that "store bought" looking! ditto for the baby quilt!

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#71 of 127 Old 05-12-2011, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Oh, isn't Auckland where the big tornado just was? Have they recovered enough from that?

I'm probably a terrible citizen (well, resident, technically) for saying this, but I have no idea. I mean, yes, it was in Auckland... hang on. I just checked with my flatmate who actually reads the news. :p He says the damage didn't happen in the city area. Very random, anyway; I didn't realise it was possible for New Zealand to get tornadoes. Earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, yes, but tornadoes? So not our thing.

DD's haircut turned out beautifully! She was extremely enthusiastic about the whole deal, never having been inside a hairdresser's before (DH cuts mine) - we sat and watched the ladies having their hair "painted", and looked through two issues of Celebrity Hairstyles, and she was all keen and eager-beaver until it was her turn to sit in the chair - where, as I predicted, she had a bit of a freakout. So she ended up sitting in my lap, looking very solemn, while the deed was done. She ended up with a kind of layered round-bottomed cut - I can't quite describe it, it wasn't a pixie cut, but it integrated all the short fuzzy bits and lopped off the longer bits. It looks incredibly cute. And the lady even managed to save a few curls! (In our family, once those initial curls are gone, they don't grow back. I remember being furious with Mum when she got my littlest sister's hair cut for the first time!) Afterwards DD got very enthusiastic again... heh.

I've been known to sleep on satiny pillowcases myself - should get back into the habit, really - but DD sleeps so weirdly that she's not usually on the pillow. I'd need a whole satiny sheet set. Which actually.... is probably doable. We'd need one too though, as she keeps coming into our bed. Last night she gave me a terrific fright by creeping silently between us and then speaking right next to my ear. I jumped and said "What are you doing?" and she said "I want to have snuggles wit' you" in an oh-so-reasonable tone. Oh well, OK then. :)

Ehh, I should be packing. Mum's coming to pick DD up in 15 minutes and I made DH promise we'd leave shortly after that. He is not a morning person.

Jenni: Awesome poodle skirt! I think Mum has the pattern for that at home... is it a circle skirt?

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#72 of 127 Old 05-12-2011, 01:57 PM

Thanks ladies!

Smokering, it is a circle skirt. I found a tutorial online and made my own pattern with a big piece of brown butcher paper. I was NOT about to pay $14 for the actual pattern from the fabric store! The great thing about this whole experience is that I have a couple of circle skirts for myself that I bought at the store and I just love. I've always wanted to make some of my own but figured it would be too hard. Now I know how easy it is so I could whip out a few for myself, just not made out of felt with poodles on them. lol

MaryE, it was really easy. I am not that great of a seamstress and I'm always amazed when my sewing projects turn out decent!

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#73 of 127 Old 05-12-2011, 07:46 PM

Holy cow, Annabelle!!!!! Good luck with the move! That is so exciting. I really hope to meet you this summer.

Jenni, the skirt is awesome! I made DD's first summer dress today. I will post a pic tomorrow when i get them on the computer.

Smokering, I have yet to be able to convince DS to get his haircut by a professional. He always says "oh you just do it, mama" so I do and it ends up all uneven and, well, just plain bad. He loves it, though, so I guess that counts for something!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#74 of 127 Old 05-12-2011, 11:37 PM

I had my shower last Sat. and it went well. Didn't get too many things I needed but that's ok, I will return a few and pick them up.  Had my  appt. yesterday and the MW says she is a little baby.  I am happy as my last two were 8.1 and 7.13.  Estimation at birth is 6.5-7.  I am GBS neg. too so that just thrills me! I still can't believe I am 37 weeks on Sun.!  Today is mine and DH 22 yr. anniversary.  Nothing special planned, just a night of snuggling.  I think after this long I am just happy to still be married to him and the magic is every day, not just once a year if that makes sense.

Smokering, about hair, my daughter is full african american with type 4B hair so she sleeps with a silk hat on EVERY night or her hair would be a total mess of knots and she would be miserable.  When I wash her hair, blowdry and style every other weekend it takes me 3 hours so there is no way I am going to risk having to redo in between.  But you can probably get away with just a silk pillowcase.

Mamatoabunch, I think if you move before you will get a more homey feeling and your nesting power will at least be at your new home so you won't have to go through trying to muster up the energy afterward.

jshannyn519 beautiful work!

MommytoAustin, I think names are a personal choice and if it feels right to you, go for it!

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#75 of 127 Old 05-13-2011, 05:17 AM

DD's first dress - I made it a little big because I think she is due for a growth spurt! She is such a grubby little girl but LOVES wearing dresses!!

Today is a free day for me. We actually have a babysitter for a few hours this morning so DH and I can spend some time together. We almost never have a moment to just ourselves, so it should be nice!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#76 of 127 Old 05-13-2011, 06:10 AM

Tracy- Not only is that dress ADORABLE, but your DD is so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She has such a little angle face orngbiggrin.gif  I bet she gets away with evvvverything!

#77 of 127 Old 05-13-2011, 07:25 AM

Tracy that dress is adorable! Have you ever seen patterns for pillowcase dresses? I have yet to actually make one, since my DD was too big for a pillowcase dress by the time I heard about these. But, I may make one or two for my little niece, who is 4 and just about the perfect size for one of these.

Happy Anniversary Buddhamom! I love hearing about long, happy relationships. It gives me hope that I may actually have that some day. :)

Smokering, glad the hair cut went well. I used to cut my son's hair with clippers but he wouldn't hold still and he would end up practically bald because I'd have to go shorter and shorter to even out all the gouges from when he moved his head. But he'd never do that at a hair place. I never even attempted to trim DD's hair. My skills with scissors to not extend to human hair!

Today I have to stop being lazy and putting off the cleaning. The shower is here on Sunday and while the house isn't a total disaster, it's bad enough that I don't want it to remain this way with all my friends over! The kids will be doing their parts to help out, but that won't be until tomorrow and there are things that they just don't get. Like the fact that sometimes you have to get on your hands and knees with the Krud Kutter and scrub the daylights out of the baseboards because there is dirt stuck on them and it's gross. lol

DS had a baseball game last night, he has another one tonight, DD has her sock hop tonight as well, and both of them have games tomorrow. And we're doing the maternity/family pics on Sunday morning and I still have no idea what I'm going to wear and what I'm going to have the kids wear.

Okay, off to clean and scrub and organize and throw things away!

Jenni

#78 of 127 Old 05-13-2011, 08:07 AM

I'm so jealous of all your showers. I've actually come right out and asked DH and DBF to plan a shower and no one did anything (and no there is no surprise in the making...unfortunately they aren't that clever.) I'm set for clothes. I only had one when DS1 was born and it was a very non-chalant small gathering because I had moved away and came back to my home town for the shower and most of the people I knew had moved away. I just thought a day with all my friends would have been nice pre baby. Of course there are a few things we still need that will be tough to purchase on our own. Ahhh well life goes on.

DH woke up like a bear this morning. I kind of wish I could just hibernate through the next few weeks.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#79 of 127 Old 05-13-2011, 10:26 AM

oh that dress is just ADORABLE!!! i love the super wide straps. i'm excited to be having a little girl to sew for...so much easier to sew for girls than boys! i can just imagine it making my son a bit jealous though so i'll have to figure out some cool things to make for him as well.

still losing mucous plug and having bloody show, still crampy...much more at peace now that my husband cleaned our room up and we got the bed made with the vinyl sheet etc. i think he even put the toddler bed sheet in the wash (we have haye's old toddler bed sidecarred to my side of the bed for a bit more space for the baby). gooooo derek! i'm honestly VERY thankful for him, he has been a dream both pregnancies and is just soooo excited 

i think i'll drop haye off at kindergarten this afternoon and go find some snappis and pick up some cloth diapers my midwives are giving us that were a donation and get them all washed up. i'm really excited to cloth diaper! we didn't with haye for numerous reasons...this time around we decided it made more sense to buy a good washer and dryer than diapers all the time so we did that with some of our student loan money whistling.gif ...hahaha. good purchase! 

i have 11 bum genius diapers to replace the elastic in and some curtains to make for our kitchen window that i've been putting off...i wrecked the blinds on accident and our window has been wide open since then. i am pretty sure there is enough leaf coverage that i don't have to worry about it, but i am thinking a water birth in our living room might horrify the 12 year old who lives across the way who has a clear view into our living room! ROTFLMAO.gif

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#80 of 127 Old 05-13-2011, 10:46 AM

This baby is going to go straight from my womb to the circus.  He's got to be 9 lbs. or so by now ... supposedly too big to be moving much.  HA!  HAHAHA!  He has been flipping, rolling & turning for HOURS today.  And it HURTS. bigeyes.gif  The u/s tech at my BPP yesterday said that he is indeed head-down (or was at the time), but he's so high up that his butt is wedged into my ribs.  I don't ever remember feeling ANYTHING like this with my girls.  My GOODNESS he's busy.

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#81 of 127 Old 05-13-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:

I kinda agree with this poster.  :(  Sorry.  It is a very sweet name, but just how I feel - esp as one of my son's has a name that has the potential of being taken over by girls . . .  (ditto the tomato throwing icon as well).  Don't let some random internet posters influence you though - go for the name you love.

Mommy2Austin likes this.
#82 of 127 Old 05-13-2011, 11:25 AM

Okay mamas... talk me down!! It is taking ALL of my willpower right now to not drive down to Lowe's and get a couple of gallons of paint and start painting the kitchen! I started cleaning, which led to deep cleaning, which led to scrubbing the walls and door frames, which is now causing me to want to pain the walls. They're white and the paint job is kind of old and the walls are just kind of uneven in color and grubby no matter how much I scrub. It's making me crazy.

However, my rational side is telling me that I don't have the 2 to 3 days necessary to actually paint the kitchen. It's a BIG room with lots of doors (6 total, counting the pantry door) that I would have to cut in around, and a big huge set of windows.

I also can't decide what color to paint the walls. Our kitchen cabinets are a rather bright aqua color, so white walls do go with that but I DETEST plain white walls. We have lime green paint here already, I'm sooooo tempted... except I think my mom might totally freak if she came home from work and the kitchen was lime green. LOL!

I need to go eat some lunch. Maybe that will distract me.

Jenni

#83 of 127 Old 05-13-2011, 11:47 AM

Jenni, can you get your kids to help you paint? Or a good friend? I think it is too much of a project to take on by yourself, but maybe with a little help you could get it done. Are there other projects you could occupy yourself with that don't involve ladders, stretching, fumes, etc...?

Oh, and yes! I have done a couple of pillowcase dresses for my BFF's daughter - I should revisit that one! Now that I feel more confident whipping something up from scratch, I think I am going to spend the next few weeks sewing for my little sweetie. She just LOVES dresses!

Deal of the day: Went to a garage sale and scored 6 Drybees AIO cloth diapers, some misc baby clothes, a BRAND NEW food dehydrator and a spice rack for $25!!! Yippie!!! Love those bargains!

I am kind of jealous of the baby showers, too. Actually, I just want a mother's blessing type-party. I wish I had friends who would think of such a thing, but I am most definitely the crunchiest of the bunch and they would have no clue. That's okay, though - I am not sure how long I would last at a party these days, lol!

Anyone have exciting plans for the weekend? I am going to an unassisted homebirth meet-up on Sunday! I am so happy I found this group and look forward to meeting them. Other than that, though, pretty low key. I actually think the kids and I will probably work on some are projects on Saturday for some up coming birthdays and Father's day. I should get that going while I still have the energy!

#84 of 127 Old 05-13-2011, 12:13 PM

I totally scored at goodwill today!  Its always either hit or miss there, I will come home with tons of stuff or not a single thing.

I have the coupons that come in the mail for me which is 5$ off a 10$ purchase.  I have been needing to get some baby t-shirts since it is already so hot and I also plan for the first little bit to keep just tees on her till the cord at least dries.  I can only find the plain white ones that are long sleeve for some reason.  I think the store was out of the short sleeve ones. 

Anyway, I was glancing at the baby items at good will and they have like 5 super cute little stretchy tees of all colors with cure little embroidering on them.  Too cute.  Of course there wasn't a single pair of maternity shorts there.  Its already hot here and I have NO shorts even cotton ones that fit anymore.  I am stuck in DH's boxers, or my hot thick denim maternity jeans if I have to get out.  I don't have long enough to go to rationalize going out and buying some but I am gonna be so miserable for the next few weeks.  I am about ready to just cut off some sweat pants.

Love the pillowcase dresses.  I can't believe I have never heard of these before.  Definitely gonna have to go through the thrift shops for some vintage pattern pillowcases now:)

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#85 of 127 Old 05-13-2011, 12:46 PM

I have to agree, I'm afraid. And as Cameron is one of our (two) boys' names, I am very much of the opinion that Cameron is a boy's name rather than a girl's (different spelling notwithstanding.)

Quote:

Mama to my monkey since March 2008, wife to my husband since February 2004. After three early losses, we were successful with IVF!  joy.gif
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif  

#86 of 127 Old 05-13-2011, 02:27 PM

I'll talk you down - google paint fumes and pregnancy.  I know there's a spectrum of opinions, but I would play it safe (unless you're willing to splurge on the low VOC kind). 

Here's one mainstream article I pulled up quickly:

http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-body/is-it-safe/6-hidden-home-hazards-during-pregnancy/

Keep scrubbing the floors instead!  Or come over and do mine!  :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshannyn519 View Post

Okay mamas... talk me down!! It is taking ALL of my willpower right now to not drive down to Lowe's and get a couple of gallons of paint and start painting the kitchen! I started cleaning, which led to deep cleaning, which led to scrubbing the walls and door frames, which is now causing me to want to pain the walls. They're white and the paint job is kind of old and the walls are just kind of uneven in color and grubby no matter how much I scrub. It's making me crazy.

However, my rational side is telling me that I don't have the 2 to 3 days necessary to actually paint the kitchen. It's a BIG room with lots of doors (6 total, counting the pantry door) that I would have to cut in around, and a big huge set of windows.

I also can't decide what color to paint the walls. Our kitchen cabinets are a rather bright aqua color, so white walls do go with that but I DETEST plain white walls. We have lime green paint here already, I'm sooooo tempted... except I think my mom might totally freak if she came home from work and the kitchen was lime green. LOL!

I need to go eat some lunch. Maybe that will distract me.

#87 of 127 Old 05-13-2011, 02:58 PM

We usually buy the low VOC paints. My mom is a LEED certified builder and she has reams of knowledge about green building, including indoor air quality. So we spend the extra money and it's well worth it. I can totally tell the difference between regular paint and low VOC paint. I won't be painting the kitchen today anyway. There's too much other stuff to do!

And I think I finally wore myself out with the floor scrubbing. I ended up moving the stove, fridge, and microwave so I could clean under and behind them. I know I'm technically not supposed to be moving heavy things but I routinely lift and move heavy things so this isn't out of the norm for me. And I feel so much lighter after scrubbing all of that crud! My brother in law came over to visit with my niece & nephews for a bit this afternoon and he found me scrubbing the little thing in the door of the freezer (where the ice and water come out) with an electric toothbrush. blush.gif 

I will be doing a major clean on the whole kitchen floor tomorrow at some point, and my kids WILL be helping me with it. We will be on hands and knees with scrub brushes getting all the grime off the floor. The weekly sweeping and mopping just isn't enough and eventually the thing needs to be scrubbed. I'm sure the kids will be sooooooo excited. lol

Tracy & Sharita, congrats on the great buys! I love getting good deals on things and yard sales and Goodwill are so awesome for that!

Jenni

#88 of 127 Old 05-13-2011, 03:02 PM

Hehehe, Jenni, sounds like nesting gone wild. winky.gif You don't need to paint the kitchen right now. Does that help at all? lol.gif I'm not sure how to talk people down.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#89 of 127 Old 05-13-2011, 03:29 PM

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i am so sore and crampy. =__=

i didn't get snappis or the diapers, though i tried to get both.

i am just overwhelmingly sore. ugh.

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#90 of 127 Old 05-13-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshannyn519 View Post

*delurking*

I Think you should go for it! Painting that is, not with the leftover green color,. :) White looks nice a clean with aqua, but what about this color? Or maybe a grey? Or an urban style wallpaper to mix up the white?  I was just at the hardware store and bought sample paint for our bedroom. I told dh last night I don't want to birth/babymoom in there until the room finished and feels like a comfortable place to spend hrs of my day in. :)  (We moved in 2 years ago, isn't that they way it goes?!). He agreed! love.gif

Or actually maybe I should have asked how many weeks you have left. I have about 6 so it won't technically be a "last minute" project though it kind of is.

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page