May Chat Thread - Week 3 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 157 Old 05-19-2011, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Happy Birthday, Jenni!

Add me to the list of Sarah's :D

Lidia- I've always measured 3-5 weeks ahead. With every single one of my previous pregnancies. This time around? Right on or small. I looked in the mirror the other day and realized I was looking about 7 months pregnant for me and not nearly done! lol

Still in the middle of my off week. I just can't figure it out. I think it's because we're sooo broke and there are still things that I will need (boppy pillow, mama cloth, more covers.) As much as I want to make all of it, I don't have the money or energy to pull it off. And I certainly don't have the cash to just buy it (Boppy's cost $20+ and if you've ever looked into mama cloth...) So maybe I'm just in limbo...I dunno.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 157 Old 05-19-2011, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Lidia - Sucky about the comments. Why oh why do people feel the need to comment on a pregnant woman's size whether it be larger or smaller? I got the "Are you sure it's not twins?" remark several MONTHS ago. Umm....seriously??? And I don't think I look that huge!!

BHappy - I'm hoping those contractions did a little work to make it a bit easier on you when your real birthing day arrives!

I'm super super exhausted today. I slept okay I guess, but baby just feels somehow heavier today. Ugh - I have so long to go compared to some of you! I've been dragging majorly. I spent most of the morning outdoors with daycare kiddos today - it is nice out, but mostly I wanted to be able to rest and do as little as possible for a few hours. I made it through the craziness that is lunch time and now most of the kiddos are napping. My own LO is terrible with naps. He still needs them at almost 4 as he gets super emotional without one, but he fights going down for nap tooth and nail. Also, my little daycare infant is awake right now. But she's happily playing on the floor on her infant mat next to  me while I take a few moments for myself. Yay! Anyways, hurray for it being almost Friday. I need this weekend to come so badly!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
#63 of 157 Old 05-19-2011, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

oh, i know. i am getting tons of comments these days, and of course the "are you sure there aren't two in there?" is among them... sheesh. its like no one's ever seen a really preggo lady before! on the other hand, i also have gotten "you look so beautiful, mama!", so i really am not complaining... :)

lidia, i was measuring 2 weeks ahead at my last appt. i have one tomorrow, so we'll see what she says this time... it seems measuring is not an exactly science, so i'm not worried about it.

sarah lynne, hug.gif hang in there. i hope the funk passes.

you guys: colostrum!!! joy.gifi looked down at my shirt earlier and there was a wet spot. i lifted my shirt, squeezed my breast and out comes a little drop of milky colostrum. i was so excited!!!!! i am excited about a lot of things these days...Sheepish.gif anyone else?

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#64 of 157 Old 05-19-2011, 12:16 PM

I've been leaking for weeks, but I am not quite sure I ever stopped lactating completely. DD stopped nursing when I was about 5 months along and at first I thought it was because of supply, but I have had a few spots on and off for a while. Now I can express a little when I try and tend to leak a little when I am in the shower or overly emotional!

Sarah, I am feeling off too. I have a whole list of very simple and uncomplicated things I could be doing but I usually just sit around and veg. I really am not sleeping at all, though, and I know that is making me feel a little foggy during the days. I kind of feel like "whatever" - like the world certainly isn't going to come to an end if I don't get X, Y and Z done so I just continue to go with the flow and rest when I feel like resting. Which is pretty much always eyesroll.gif

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#65 of 157 Old 05-19-2011, 01:52 PM

I have hit that point where I don't care if anything gets done... ever. Which is SO not like me. My husband has thankfully been helping out, but I am just so EXHAUSTED. Between the no sleep, crazy BH, and overall feeling of hugeness--- I am done. I went out and got a few things that we needed today and that took all of my energy. Had to come home and nap it off hahaha

I thought I may be leaking colostrum the other day-- I had that tingly "let down" feeling a few times, but no real juice :( I was hoping to have some this time around in the hopes that it meant BF would be easier for me and the little babe. It didn't take long for my milk to come in though... so I suppose leaking colostrum doesn't mean anything big. 

Is it ok if I just lay around for the next 2ish weeks until DD's beach party and the big *birth* day????sleeping.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshannyn519 View Post

Wow... a girl goes to a car seat training for a few hours... lol!

I came home from the training, day 2 of 4 in which we spent at least 2 hours outside this afternoon messing around installing different kinds of seats in different kinds of cars, totally exhausted and overheated. I took a shower and I've been downing water all day long. But, my awesome BIL was here today and he set the crib up for me! I did have a pack'n'play set up next to my bed, but my sister and BIL are loaning me their crib. He brought it over and put it all together for me. It looks HUGE after having the pnp in that corner for the last several weeks. Now I just need to find a mattress, mattress pad, and get some of those waterproof sheet protecting things that are fuzzy.

I should probably also go through the other baby stuff that my sister has given me, since it's in about 8 different grocery sacks that are jammed into a box in my closet. There's a monitor in there, some bottles, and a bunch of other stuff. I really need a better organization system...

However, for now since I am tired and stuff, I'm going to go lie down in my bed and relax for a bit and eat some ice. :)

Oh, and here's some shameless self promotion... tomorrow is my 32nd birthday!

--- All of the baskets and cute organization stuff is on sale AND buy one get one 50% off!!! I got two super pretty woven baskets for $6.50--- Total!!!

SarahLynne-- Sorry about your bad week :( I know that my CL always has Boppy's for like $10, maybe you'll get lucky and find one!!

To all the mamas who are having labor signs----goodvibes.gifGood Luck!!!! And I'm anxiously waiting for a birth story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#66 of 157 Old 05-19-2011, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Slightly OT, but I'm SOOO tired of everyone hearing my EDD, and saying "really??? you're not big at all!!!" I mean, HONESTLY, WHAT am I supposed to say to that??? "Uh...thanks"? Or, "I know"? Or, "yes, and it really worries me"? WTH?!?!

I kinda wish I were getting those comments! A dear friend greeted me the other day with "My God, Sarah, you're enormous". *sigh* I must have been smaller with DD, because I got the "you're so small" comments; either way, I hated the feeling of being sized up like a prize watermelon. I'm tempted to stay home from church for the next few weeks - avoiding colds could be my excuse, as I'm really trying not to get sick before the baby's born. And at supermarkets and the like, next time someone asks, I think I'll reply with "Full term". It's technically true - I'm 37 weeks - and gives me a better excuse for being big than implying I have 3 weeks to go, you know? (Of course, if I run into the same cashier in 5 weeks' time and haven't given birth, I might freak her out... ehhh, I can live with that.)

Also, I've become a total flake. I completely forgot to take DD to her dancing class on Wednesday! Luckily she must have forgotten too - she hasn't mentioned it. Oops. And forgot to make a meal plan on Wednesday, which necessitated an emergency shopping trip last night.

Positioning aside, I want this baby to come out soon - but not until next Friday. I have an article due then, and I'm meant to be babysitting my little sisters overnight. I think as soon as that's done, I'll start taking my EPO and listening to my Birthing Day Affirmations... actually, I may have accidentally listened to them once or twice in my sleep.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#67 of 157 Old 05-19-2011, 03:09 PM

Thank you for all the lovely birthday wishes! Today was a long day, but good since I passed my skills check-offs for my car seat class and I passed my 3rd quiz as well (100% for all 3 quizzes!). Plus, I made some new friends! One of them lives maybe 15 minutes from me and she's nearly 7 weeks pregnant with her 2nd baby. She's been asking all kinds of questions about doulas and natural birth and not circing and it's been so great to be able to discuss all of this with her. She's really curious and has a very open mind. She's due during my winter break so I'm thinking that I may be her doula! The other new friend is a homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, non-circing, etc momma like me! She lives about 3 hours away, but we've exchanged numbers and we're now FB friends so we can keep in touch.

I'm not sure if it's because of this class and the physical labor involved in installing and uninstalling and hauling around car seats all day long, but I've been feeling way more pressure that usual and more crampyish than usual as well. I'm not overdoing anything, I don't think, but I'm wondering if baby being so low and the extra stuff happening means that he'll be born sooner, rather than later. I'm only 36w1d as of today so it's a little earlier than I'd typically like, but if he's ready then I guess he's ready. Also, my sister said that they (meaning OBs, etc) don't stop labor from 34 weeks on. That seems SO early to me! I told this to a few of the NICU nurses in my class today and all of them were really surprised. I'm not sure when that changed, but I distinctly remember with my big kids that 36 weeks was the cut off.

OH MY GOSH!!!! My sister just sent me a text with a picture of a postive pregnancy test!!! I'm SOOOOO freaking excited right now!!! We're pregnant together, for a whole couple of weeks. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake777 View Post

Happy Birthday Jenni!! partytime.gif Are you planning to do anything special?

No plans for tonight, other than taking DD to her band thing at school to get whatever instrument things we need for next year. And maybe stopping at the store for some pie & ice-cream or something. And hopefully some resting after a really long day in my car seat class. :)   The exciting life of a mommy... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidamama84 View Post

Happy Birthday, Jenni! Thinking of you today!

Slightly OT, but I'm SOOO tired of everyone hearing my EDD, and saying "really??? you're not big at all!!!" I mean, HONESTLY, WHAT am I supposed to say to that??? "Uh...thanks"? Or, "I know"? Or, "yes, and it really worries me"? WTH?!?!

Ok, done venting winky.gif... And overusing emoticons...

I often get the "You're so small!" comments. I just smile and say thank you and change the subject. I really dislike discussing how large or small I am like I'm a farm animal of some kind. I much prefer the comments that are more along the lines of "You look great!" because they're not size related and they make me feel prettier. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post
you guys: colostrum!!! joy.gifi looked down at my shirt earlier and there was a wet spot. i lifted my shirt, squeezed my breast and out comes a little drop of milky colostrum. i was so excited!!!!! i am excited about a lot of things these days...Sheepish.gif anyone else?

Me! I've been having colostrum since around 30 weeks or something like that. It doesn't leak out unless I actually express it, but it's for sure there! Glad to see that the boobies remember their jobs. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post

Is it ok if I just lay around for the next 2ish weeks until DD's beach party and the big *birth* day????sleeping.gif

--- All of the baskets and cute organization stuff is on sale AND buy one get one 50% off!!! I got two super pretty woven baskets for $6.50--- Total!!!

Yes, you need some rest! Lay around and gestate until your baby is born! You deserve it. And you can tell your husband and anyone else that asks that I said so. :)

Where is all the organization stuff on sale? I need some kind of better solution and baskets and stuff is a good place to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

And at supermarkets and the like, next time someone asks, I think I'll reply with "Full term". It's technically true - I'm 37 weeks - and gives me a better excuse for being big than implying I have 3 weeks to go, you know? (Of course, if I run into the same cashier in 5 weeks' time and haven't given birth, I might freak her out... ehhh, I can live with that.)

I've reached the point where I feel like telling total strangers that ask when baby is due "Right now" or "I'm in labor right now" because they all get this look on their faces like I'm going to explode baby all over them at any moment. That's one of my favorite parts about the end of pregnancy. :D

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#68 of 157 Old 05-19-2011, 05:28 PM

Jenni, your comment about being due "right now" just made my day! I'm getting a few of those looks at work right now ;p Last week, I had a co-worker try to convince me to go to the hospital because I was really having trouble walking last week and super sore. I just said "oh, I'll wait and see what happens" ;p (Granted, she thought I was a first time mom)

Thanks, ladies, for the support; I know my babies will never be 8lb "giants" ;p  but I guess we just make smaller babies. And that's ok, as long as they're healthy. The good news is that they estimate this LO is around DD1's weight when she was induced at 39w, and I was only 36w at my last U/S.

Snowflake, I am now on weekly growth/Biophysical profile ultrasounds :(  Last time around, I did them every 2 weeks too, at the end. It's so worrying, especially because you get to know what's important in the report (I always read mine) and then you stress over it.

Ahhh, yes, the joy of leaky boobs...well, for a while I was worried during the pregnancy because, although I BFed DD1 until I was about 3 mos along, I noticed it took a lot longer than last time for my boobs to get big. I talked to an LLL leader friend, and she looked up some info which says that if you're BFing near or around conception (or maybe if you've BFed in the past?), your body retains some of the physiological changes, and during subsequent pregnancies it doesn't need to do as much work to get ready for BFing, so your boobs can get fuller much later. Anyhoo, so I was fine with that, cause this pregnancy my sex drive was through the roof (sorry, TMI), compared to last pregnancy where I didn't want DH ANYWHERE NEAR ME.  Expect one day we were DTD and I started leaking. And for me that killed all the sex drive from then on. Fortunately, DH knows I get like this, and he's only allowed restricted access to my boobs during pregnancy and early BFing months, and he knows if I push his hand away that it's not personal :)  It's kinda frustrating, because it's like if I go to the mental place I need to enjoy making love, I leak, otherwise, it's just intimate time for me, ya know?

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#69 of 157 Old 05-19-2011, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:

I've reached the point where I feel like telling total strangers that ask when baby is due "Right now" or "I'm in labor right now" because they all get this look on their faces like I'm going to explode baby all over them at any moment. That's one of my favorite parts about the end of pregnancy. :D

ROTFLMAO.gif Loved this!

I started producing colostrum maybe about 3 weeks or so ago. My husband kind of discovered it! My DS has been delighted as he had taken up dry nursing in his refusal to be done with BF!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
#70 of 157 Old 05-19-2011, 07:18 PM

I'm still nursing DD once a day (and jolly painful it is too). I've tried to ask her if I still have any milk, and if it tastes any different, but I can't get a sensible word out of her on the subject. "It tastes like choccie" was her latest input - very helpful, thanks kid. She's down to one side per 24-hour period and has been for a while, and my milk supply has always been adequate but never robust... so I highly doubt she's getting tons of milk, if any. Certainly if we skip a night I don't feel engorged or anything. And I haven't noticed any colostrum leakage, but I didn't during my pregnancy with her either.

I think the baby's vertex today? Maybe? Or... wait. I coulda sworn he was five minutes ago. Now he feels like he's transverse and missing a head. I need to take Remedial Palpation.

So I think DD and I are coming down with colds. I'm happily seizing the opportunity to abandon all life responsibilities and snuggle down watching stuff on the computer. I don't actually feel too bad so far, so it's rather nice. :) I am about to down a huge bunch of vitamins C and D though, just in case.

Also, a factoid I've been wanting to share for a while? My linea nigra is skew-wiff. Was with DD, too. It kinda veers to the right a little before heading back to my tummy button. What does it mean? *cue X-Files theme*

#71 of 157 Old 05-19-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:

Also, a factoid I've been wanting to share for a while? My linea nigra is skew-wiff. Was with DD, too. It kinda veers to the right a little before heading back to my tummy button. What does it mean? *cue X-Files theme*

You must be birthing an alien.

lol.gif

Have my base pieces for the start of my mama cloth stash. I think they'll work jolly good, just have to figure out how many layers I can get away with to make it absorbant enough without wearing an inch thick pad :P

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#72 of 157 Old 05-19-2011, 11:24 PM

1:23 am. Wide awake. Not real thrilled about that. Argh!!

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#73 of 157 Old 05-19-2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:

1:23 am. Wide awake. Not real thrilled about that. Argh!!

It's 2:47a here. I feel your pain. I see a nap in my future tomorrow lol

#74 of 157 Old 05-20-2011, 03:48 AM

Hubby has developed an annoying habit of setting the alarm for way earlier than he actually intends to get up and get ready, so he can supposedly check the weather and see if it's okay for biking. What actually happens is that he falls back asleep and I have to get up, pee, and eat something, and then I can't get back to sleep. I'm calling a halt to this behavior starting now. The only reason I'm functioning as well as I am on this level of sleep is because I don't really do much of anything at my current placement, basically just read articles and look stuff up on the computer from time to time.

Night before last I had a horrible night for SPD, but it appears to have been a fluke because it's gone back to its baseline state of "mildly annoying" versus "OMG SOMEONE IS RIPPING MY PELVIS APART".

#75 of 157 Old 05-20-2011, 04:24 AM

I've been having colostrum for a few weeks too. Not leaking, thankfully, but it's there. :)

As for sleep...what can I say. I always wake up at like 2, 3, 4am, completely wired, then eventually start to get drowsy again maybe 30 minutes before I'm supposed to wake up. It's crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidamama84 View Post

Snowflake, I am now on weekly growth/Biophysical profile ultrasounds :(  Last time around, I did them every 2 weeks too, at the end. It's so worrying, especially because you get to know what's important in the report (I always read mine) and then you stress over it.

hug2.gif I wish I had something more constructive to say than "Don't stress, I'm sure it'll be fine." That's the truth, but I know how hard it is not to worry.

Quote:

I think the baby's vertex today? Maybe? Or... wait. I coulda sworn he was five minutes ago. Now he feels like he's transverse and missing a head. I need to take Remedial Palpation.

lol.gif I hope he is. (Vertex that is...not missing a head.)

Good luck with the colds, too. Take it easy. hug2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by erigeron View Post

Night before last I had a horrible night for SPD, but it appears to have been a fluke because it's gone back to its baseline state of "mildly annoying" versus "OMG SOMEONE IS RIPPING MY PELVIS APART".

Last night was like that for me too. I woke up feeling like someone had kicked me in the crotch, but then felt fine about an hour after getting up.

I'm having the hardest time concentrating on my schoolwork, or even remotely caring about it for that matter. Must stick to it! I've done well all year, it would be a shame to blow my average all in the final stretch.

Ok, back to work!

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

#76 of 157 Old 05-20-2011, 05:14 AM

Quote:

Bwahahahaha! You crack me up. Oh, and I need a Remedial Palpation class too.

Mom of two kids, expecting again in June or July 2014. 
#77 of 157 Old 05-20-2011, 05:52 AM

Looks like the replacement admin for my replacement (who unexpectedly retired after I spent months training her) might be out sick for a good portion of my leave.  There's one admin left who could cover for me, but she works in the same location as the woman who retired, and they aren't filling the vacated position.  I cannot imagine that they're going to try to make her cover 3 admin positions for 6 weeks.  All they will tell me is that I don't need to worry about it.  Seriously?  Do they really not realize that I HAVE TO COME BACK TO WORK HERE?!?

Three kids.  Three maternity leaves.  Two disasters and one in the making ...

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#78 of 157 Old 05-20-2011, 06:05 AM

Quote:

Mine is completely wonky too. It curves around the left side of my belly button and then just shoots up my boobs and practically all the way to my neck!

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#79 of 157 Old 05-20-2011, 01:05 PM

I feel... weird. Or maybe different is a better word. I got done with my car seat class early today, which is good because I feel weird.

My hips, in the back, are kind of hurting more and they feel weird, like looser maybe. I can't really describe it...  And baby feels lower than ever before and there is a TON more pressure than before that I can feel in my lower belly and especially when I sit on the toilet and everything kind of bulges out. I can also FINALLY feel my cervix all the way, which means that it's moving down. I'm dilated to 2 just sitting there, and I could probably easily stretch to a 3 if I could get more than one finger in there. I can feel his head lower than ever too. No bloody show or mucous plug, but I've never seen that come out of me before so I could just be sticking true to form.

Even with all these other things there's that something else kind of feeling that I can't really describe or put my finger on. I just feel different than before. I'm home now and sitting on my giant exercise ball with my hips spread as far apart as they'll go (just about). I'm really feeling like I need to have a BM but that's not happening.

I'm thinking that I probably won't be driving an hour one way to DD's softball game tonight. Nevermind the severe thunderstorms in the forecast, I don't relish the idea of having to drive back home an hour while possibly in labor.

Jenni

#80 of 157 Old 05-20-2011, 02:45 PM

Oh, Jenni, keep us posted! Sending you lots of love!!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#81 of 157 Old 05-20-2011, 02:58 PM

Jenni: Woot! Those symptoms sound most suspicious, most suspicious indeed. Keep us updated! ('Cause, you know, in mid-labour it's not like you'll have better things to do...)

Well, last night wasn't fun. My heartburn medicine ran out in the middle of the night; DD woke up several times screaming for no apparent reason; and I woke up with a KILLER sore throat, which I imagine the heartburn didn't help. It looks like I'm coming down with a full-blown cold. DD is a bit sniffly and coughy too. Sigh.This baby had better not decide to be born while I'm feeling this icky.

The good news is, I'm almost genuinely confident that he's vertex again. I think. I'm sure I can feel a spine down the left-hand side of my tummy again. Plus I went out for dinner last night with friends and it was awesome. They had these warm marinated olives... and a Turkish delight pannacotta... and we talked about Victorian literature, which as much as I love DH, isn't something I get to talk about much at home!

#82 of 157 Old 05-20-2011, 03:04 PM

Luckily DD's game was canceled due to the storm so I don't have to go anywhere. My hips are sore so I'm trying to lay down and rest them, and me, a little bit. Hard to do with the big kids yelling at each other. Grrrr. I have been feeling some sort of contractiony feelings every 15-20 minutes. Nothing painful, just feels like a cramp and it's way down low. I want to sleep more than anything right now. I've gotten hardly any sleep the last couple of nights and I'm feeling kind of cranky and terrible because of it.

I'll keep everyone posted. Chances are that it's a false alarm since I'm only 36w2d and I've never gone this early before.

Jenni

#83 of 157 Old 05-20-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimming-duck View Post

Is anyone NOT having BH?

None that I have noticed. I don't remember any, really, with DS either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post

Yeah, I think I am. It is creating sort of a gross crust on my nips. Bleh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erigeron View Post

Hubby has developed an annoying habit of setting the alarm for way earlier than he actually intends to get up and get ready,

OMG, my DH does this, too, and it makes me nuts. I had to bar him from the bedroom with DS was teeny. I could not stand 4 alarms going off every 15 minutes for a damn hour while trying to get a baby to sleep through them all. Seriously, ridiculous.

Hmmm, what's new with me? I've been trying to be really good about my positioning after the midwife said she thinks baby is posterior. I have a feeling she has turned, so after next week's appt, it will be lots of deep squats to get her to move nice and low while she's positioned correctly.

Hypnobabies is still going good. I'm finding myself using the Peace cue and Bubble of Peace often in everyday life.

I may actually have everything I need for baby now. I got the rest of my mama cloth. A friend brought over a swing for me today (one of the nice ones that goes side to side and front to back!). I got a TON of summer maternity stuff and I'm really enjoying having new cute things to wear.

BFing, bedsharing, toddler wearing, non-circing, vegan mama to the sweetest boy in the world (2/08), wife to my spicy rock star (4/06) and expecting a new family member 6/11
#84 of 157 Old 05-20-2011, 06:02 PM

I feel like a caged animal. I'm drinking a glass of wine to see if it settles my nerves. I seriously feel like snapping at anyone who gets too close (with the exception being my children and husband.) No contractions or any signs of impending anything. Its just an overwhelming feeling that I need to protect.

Is there a pacing smiley??jog.gif I guess that's as close as it gets...

#85 of 157 Old 05-20-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald_Bull's_Mama View Post

Yeah, I think I am. It is creating sort of a gross crust on my nips. Bleh.

Hypnobabies is still going good. I'm finding myself using the Peace cue and Bubble of Peace often in everyday life.

Colostrum does the same to me. It drives me crazy and I scrub it off in the shower with a wash cloth. LOL

I don't do Hypnobabies so I have no idea what you're talking about, but I could reeeaaaaalllyyyy use  a Bubble of Peace right about now. A physical one that I could lock myself in that is sound proof so I can't hear the fighting children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post

I feel like a caged animal. I'm drinking a glass of wine to see if it settles my nerves. I seriously feel like snapping at anyone who gets too close (with the exception being my children and husband.) No contractions or any signs of impending anything. Its just an overwhelming feeling that I need to protect.

Is there a pacing smiley??jog.gif I guess that's as close as it gets...

Maybe I need some wine because I am seriously about to go off the deep end over here. I feel like getting a long stick and poking anyone who gets within 10 feet of me so they'll stay away.

Jenni

#86 of 157 Old 05-20-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:

Maybe I need some wine because I am seriously about to go off the deep end over here. I feel like getting a long stick and poking anyone who gets within 10 feet of me so they'll stay away.

I can tell I'm really at the end of my rope because now I even want to scream at the kids. My BIL was supposed to have them to bed 2 hours ago and when we got home they still weren't in bed so I've been dealing with the 30 million excuses and complaints keeping us from going to sleep routine for over an hour. The wine just seems to be irritating me more so I think I'll lay off (only managed a few sips) and have DH grab me a big glass of ice water. I see myself locked in my bed verrrry soon.

DH is going fishing tomorrow with DS1 (which ticks me off he isn't taking DS2 as well, but that's another rant completely.) I've tried explaining how irritating to me it is that he plans this stuff THIS close to baby's birth (who still doesn't have a name.) His only saving grace is that Allen (his buddy he's going with) assured me they'll be back by no later than 2pm. I swear if he tries to get me to go out tomorrow I will eat his face for dinner.

#87 of 157 Old 05-20-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post

I can tell I'm really at the end of my rope because now I even want to scream at the kids. My BIL was supposed to have them to bed 2 hours ago and when we got home they still weren't in bed so I've been dealing with the 30 million excuses and complaints keeping us from going to sleep routine for over an hour. The wine just seems to be irritating me more so I think I'll lay off (only managed a few sips) and have DH grab me a big glass of ice water. I see myself locked in my bed verrrry soon.

DH is going fishing tomorrow with DS1 (which ticks me off he isn't taking DS2 as well, but that's another rant completely.) I've tried explaining how irritating to me it is that he plans this stuff THIS close to baby's birth (who still doesn't have a name.) His only saving grace is that Allen (his buddy he's going with) assured me they'll be back by no later than 2pm. I swear if he tries to get me to go out tomorrow I will eat his face for dinner.

I just died laughing at the "eat his face for dinner" comment!! Thank you thank you thank you for that!

My kids are being total a-holes. DS was refusing to do his flute practice and whining about it and then he totally freaked out when I told him that he wasn't even about to go stay the night at his friend's house tonight because he still had like an hour to practice! He ended up practicing for all of 18 minutes when it was all said and done (I timed him with the timer on my phone). ARGH.

And at dinner DD sat there and poked at the food on her plate and complained about it and said "ew" and "gross" and "yuck" about 800000000 times until I finally told her to leave the table and go to bed. I hope she enjoys being hungry all  night AND cooking dinner every night next week.

I am SO OVER the attitudes and whining and arguing and talking back and all of it. It really doesn't help that they're doing all of this when I'm exhausted and feeling kind of nauseous and totally cranky. I want to take a bunch of Ibuprofen for my sore muscles and get wasted. But I can't! I think I'll get chocolate wasted instead and crash.

Jenni

#88 of 157 Old 05-20-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
The good news is, I'm almost genuinely confident that he's vertex again.

Well, he was. Now he's transverse.... again. And in my current sore-throaty-nasty-cold-having condition I really don't feel up to doing inversions (or anything else, really).

Sent poor DH off to get some more Gaviscon for my heartburn. First he went to a department store, which didn't have any. Then he went to the pharmacy, which was shut. Then he went to our local Indian grocer, where the woman kindly gave him some herbal tablets of dubious origins, forced him to taste one (awful, apparently), and didn't tell him what was in them... so naturally, I refused to take them, not being sure if they were safe for pregnancy or not. So then he had to go to the supermarket. Poor husband. Oh well, I can lie down now without my oesophagus corroding, and that's worth something.

#89 of 157 Old 05-20-2011, 07:12 PM

Jenni--- I'm such a pregnant woman right now--- the sale is at babysrus.com.  AND... I'm getting really excited that you're feeling all the "getting ready" symptoms!!! I can't WAIT to read a birth story

I am SOOO with everyone on the pain, feeling of "get this baby outta here", and wanting to keep everyone at arm's length away. I've actually gotten some sleep for the past 2 nights which has helped, but the day to day activities are KILLING me. I can barely walk, shower, keep DD fed, changed, and bathed, much less try to keep the house semi-clean, and forget doing any of the house projects..... I literally have gone off the deep end of being super pregnant. 

We went onto the base today to watch an airshow--- just being outside in the sun walking around took every single bit of energy I had. I was searching for the water stations like I was roaming the Sahara Desert. I'm pretty sure people were looking at me like I was a crazy woman. It is going to take every bit of energy I have to get through the next couple of weeks and then to the 8th for the C-Section. I'm already getting super cranky thinking about it hahahahaha

How's about we all rent a beach house and just lounge until these babes arrive? Hire a chef? masseuse? 

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#90 of 157 Old 05-20-2011, 08:20 PM

Well, the laborish feelings went away I think. I watched a movie and now I'm going to bed. I get to sleep IN tomorrow so YAY!!

Smokering, I hope that little monkey boy turns back to vertex again. It sounds like he's just having a blast in there.

MaryE, I could totally go for a beach house right about now!

Jenni

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page