How long do early labor flu symptoms last? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-22-2011, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feeling like poo. Lost my mucus plug yesterday morning. And about couple hours after that started getting flu-like symptoms...dont think my head has ever hurt more. Doula says flu symptoms are sign of early labor and baby girl will be here soon. Started having contractions about 6:00 last night until about 9:00 this morning about 30 min apart but not much since then.

Any ideas how much longer I have deal with this misery?

Any suggestions? Been taking Tylenol and ricola all day but only helps minimal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me 32, DH 33,  angel.gif (3/17/10),  DD 6/6/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 05-22-2011, 05:08 PM

Unfortunately, there's no telling. I've been having contractions since Friday afternoon. I also have a headache and I'm tired and my appetite kind of sucks. Contractions will be every 15-20 minutes and then spread out to one every 30-45 minutes or longer, and then get closer together again.

Honestly, this can go on for days, if not WEEKS. I've had several friends who had prodromal labor for 3, 4, or even 6 weeks before baby was actually born.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#3 of 5 Old 05-22-2011, 08:09 PM

My last pregnancy that went on for five weeks before she arrived...and I was 4 cm the entire time.  I wouldn't panic, nor would I ignore your symptoms.  Take it somewhat easy, but I wouldn't stop my life waiting on an imminent arrival.  My doctor the first time and my midwife the second time both said my babies were come around one week after they first checked me at 35/36 weeks...first came at 40 exactly and second at 40+6.  Hopefully you won't have to wait that long!! 

Glad you made it through the concert last night, though!  Was it fun?

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#4 of 5 Old 05-22-2011, 08:30 PM

When you are almost 39 weeks like me, the last thing you wanna hear is confirmation that all the symptoms you hope are promising it can't be more than a few days to go can go on for 5 or more weeks before a baby.  Ha!  Not that I could possibly go 5 more weeks but if my stuff started 3 or 4 weeks ago I suppose it could.  That sucks, but I know its true.

Fortunately, My prodromal labor and general ickiness only lasted 2 weeks at most with all 5 of mine.  I am so sorry for all you mamas who had to deal with it for so long.  I am just now tonight working on my 2nd night of very strong semi-consistant BH contractions, or, another round in the prodromal labor fun.  One thing about it though, since I had so much prodromal labor before my last 3, I just KNEW id have it again and was actually starting to think I must be going way overdue since I had none yet.  I am actually thankful it is kicking in.  Its now giving me hope my body is doing something.  I know it isn't nessesary to have it before baby even as a grandmultip. but since I was waiting on it, I am glad its here.  ....Ouch,,, and there is another intense teasing BH contraction as I type. Such a tease!

Dont lose patience mamas!  Lets hang in there!  (oh and someone remind me of this if within just a few days I forget myself and start trying to evict my baby, haha.

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#5 of 5 Old 05-23-2011, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfAddict View Post

Feeling like poo. Lost my mucus plug yesterday morning. And about couple hours after that started getting flu-like symptoms...dont think my head has ever hurt more. Doula says flu symptoms are sign of early labor and baby girl will be here soon. Started having contractions about 6:00 last night until about 9:00 this morning about 30 min apart but not much since then.

Any ideas how much longer I have deal with this misery?

Any suggestions? Been taking Tylenol and ricola all day but only helps minimal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa, really?? I woke up feeling like I had flu yesterday, thinking "Oh no I'm going to be sick for a week!", but it disappeared after a few hours. Weird. I've never heard that about flu symptoms & labor!

I wish I had the answer to your question. I hope you're feeling better now. You're body is telling you to rest up before the main event, so take it easy!

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page