May Chat Thread - Week 4 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 181 Old 05-25-2011, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

well, after much deliberation, research, and going back and forth, i decided to do the GBS culture. knowing full well i would decline antibiotics... my ob told me it is helpful to have the results on file for the pediatrician. in case baby ends up with a fever, they would look there first. well, i got my results last night, and i am not colonized with GBS bacteria. i am relieved just to not have to deal with it from a medical standpoint. whew!

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 181 Old 05-25-2011, 10:20 AM

Yay for no GBS, BHappy!!

Sharita, you can drive up to Chicago anytime and surprise me with the stuffed french toast. That sounds absolutely divine! eat.gif

DH has another job interview on Friday - it is for the manager of one of those fancy downtown cupcake places - they also do wedding catering and events. I will never be skinny again if he gets a job there, lol, but for health insurance it would be worth it!!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#63 of 181 Old 05-25-2011, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

good news about the gbs bhappy!

mmm cupcakes!  I passed on of those fancy cupckae places yesterday and it was very hard not to go in.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#64 of 181 Old 05-25-2011, 12:05 PM

Bhappy I know exactly how you feel! I was thrilled to get my GBS negative results at the MW on Monday. One less thing to worry about. :)

Tracy the job interview sounds great! I've been craving tiramisu all day long. And pizza. But now cupcakes sound really good too! lol

I'm doing my maternity photos this afternoon. I'd better go get ready!

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#65 of 181 Old 05-25-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshannyn519 View Post

Bhappy I know exactly how you feel! I was thrilled to get my GBS negative results at the MW on Monday. One less thing to worry about. :)

Tracy the job interview sounds great! I've been craving tiramisu all day long. And pizza. But now cupcakes sound really good too! lol

I'm doing my maternity photos this afternoon. I'd better go get ready!

I can't wait to see your pics!!!!

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#66 of 181 Old 05-25-2011, 05:19 PM

Well I have my official "end of pregnancy" sniffles and sore throat. Which means baby can come whenever she wants lol

Working on some more mama cloth and probably making some more wool covers for my big girl. I'm desperate for covers for her. I'm trying a new concept (for me, I know its probably "out there" already) for my mama cloth. Instead of making them AIO I made them like an AI2. We shall see how this goes. I may also use some wool scraps to make pantie protectors as well.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#67 of 181 Old 05-25-2011, 06:06 PM

Had my chiro apt today.  Absolutely love her, she was pregnant as well only in her 2nd trimester though.  She took so much time with me to explain things since I wasn't familiar with chiropractic adjustments and such it was only my 2nd adjustment ever and first with them.  I was so twisted up.  My tailbone was turned outward to the lefft, my hi bone kept clicking when I walked, and my entire pelvis was out of alignment.  I was so hoping the adjustment would put me into labor like the last one did back in 2007, lol.  I knew it was a long shot though.  I did leave feeling slightly less pain when raising one leg (I have severe SPD) but other than that, I feel pretty muchthe same.  I know it will take several visits to feel some real benefits and plan to continue to go after the birth.  I love that its only 25$ a visit and they totally waved my 100$ new patient visit with all the nerve tests and stuff since my midwife reccomended me.  She also told me she comes to births if need be if things stall out and the midwife thinks its something an adjustment can help.  AWesome!

Then me and DH took our 16 month old to his first pet store and he went crazy for the puppies.  We want one so bad but we have stupid pet rent where we live and can't afford it so have to wait till we get into a house (in apartment now).  I also got bit my a ferret, lol.  Not hard but it stunned me.  Then we went out to this amazing mexican restaurant and had an appetizer and DH had this huge margarita which I tasted a few times.  Wow, that had to be the best margarita I have ever tried.  DH is a bit of a margarita snob, its his fav drink and definitely thinks we found the best local margarita as he has tried all within like 50 miles. 

Then we all came home, and me, DH, and our toddler laid on the bed and took a nap while my 9 yr old cleaned the livingroom for me.  Does it get any better??????

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#68 of 181 Old 05-25-2011, 06:10 PM

Smokering, I was just catching up on my blog reading and spit out my water EVERYWHERE ( on the fancy MAC screen, thank goodness DH was not home) when I came across your "Birth Plan" post. Brilliant. Thank you so much for that very much needed laugh!

I am feeling myself slip into the final stage of pregnancy depression that I had last time around. All of the ills of my life are seeming to come to a head and I feel rather wallow-y. Sometimes it seems like so much is going wrong and so little going right that I get sucked into the feelings of hopelessness. I know it is mostly hormonal, but truth be told, there are a lot of sucky things in my life right now. My way of dealing with it has been to ignore, ignore, ignore - but that can only work for so long, I guess. Sigh... I just need something to help get me through. I wish I knew what it was...

On a lighter note, my SIL is taking me for a pedicure tomorrow and I am very much looking forward to having my feet look almost human again. I am not usually a fan of polish, but I think I might get crazy and actually get the little piggies painted, too. What the heck, right??!!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#69 of 181 Old 05-25-2011, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Sharita: Sounds awesome! Also, have I mentioned before that I love your avatar?

My exciting news: this morning, I had a truly awesome two-hour sleep. No, really. :p I got up at 8, until DD came and found me and indignantly demanded her morning snuggles; so I hopped back into bed with her and DH and slept in until about 10:30 (as did we all - we have the flu, after all!). And it was PERFECT. My pillows were aligned just right, I didn't have heartburn, I didn't wake up with my nasty hacking cough, I wasn't restless, and on top of that I had a cool dream about flying. It makes me realise just how rubbish my sleep has been recently - last night was a "good" night, and I still had to sit up on three separate occasions and sleep that way for a bit, to foil the heartburn. And go to the bathroom three times. And cough violently every few minutes.

Anyway, it was wonderful. :p Only now I'm sleepy again!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#70 of 181 Old 05-25-2011, 06:44 PM

Sharita, what a perfect day.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#71 of 181 Old 05-25-2011, 08:20 PM

ARGH!!!! My mom is a bitch. I'm cranky. And I'm locking myself in my room and not coming out until this baby comes out of me.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#72 of 181 Old 05-25-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshannyn519 View Post

ARGH!!!! My mom is a bitch. I'm cranky. And I'm locking myself in my room and not coming out until this baby comes out of me.

hug2.gif

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#73 of 181 Old 05-26-2011, 12:30 AM

I am sorry for those dealing with relationship stress and hormones!  What a lethal combination!  I hope you find some peace in the turbulence.  Hopefully it won't be long now!

Yay for pedicures and GBS- results!  I had both this week.  thumb.gif  I really wanted to be able to look at my feet and smile when I felt icky and pregnant or postpartum.  For me, pedicures last a LONG time.  I went with a coral-raspberry color and I'm loving that it goes with everything!  I also got a call from my midwife today saying my GBS test was negative!  So thankful I have that peace of mind!  No antibiotics in case of transfer.  No worries about the baby.  Phew!

Today I didn't have a car (DH's car has no brake pads).  But I begged my mother to come take me around to run errands.  At the PO, we got a package of cloth diapers, a bath pillow, and a wonderful device that adds up to three inches of water to your bath by blocking the automatic drain thing. Yay!  Then we stopped by the thrift store and I got a complete crib bedding set in a sweet pink gingham, green, and rose pattern for $3 (I know I could have a boy, but it was such a good price!  I'll pass it on if I need to.)  I also found a set of off white lace curtains--SIX PANELS!--for my living room for $12!  I was ready to go by rings with clips and flat sheets (at LEAST $30) because I wanted a shred of privacy in our living room (it doesn't even have blinds!).  There are already double curtain rods and they are in the dryer now.  I can't wait to hang them!  I hope to make something later and add color to them, but for now, they are just right!  I also picked up a curtain for another room for $1.50.  That and a couple of little things for DD and a pretty dress for later this summer for me, and I really felt like I got some good bargains!  We also picked up a prescription, some groceries, and dog food.  Whew, boy was I beat at the end of it all! 

I am half feeling like I could go any time and half thinking that I could go two weeks late.  Let's hope whatever happens, the baby arrives when it's ready!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#74 of 181 Old 05-26-2011, 01:49 AM

Yay for bargains! That is a seriously impressive haul.

Y'know, I've never had a pedicure. Or a manicure, if it comes to that... or a facial, or a massage. Well, I've done homemade facials with oatmeal and stuff, but not a proper spa day. And amateur massages usually hurt and make me tense up, so I've never felt inclined to pay for a professional one. Those ones with hot rocks sound intriguing, though. I do need to get around to hennaing my roots before this baby arrives, though; goodness knows I won't have the time or inclination to do it after.

#75 of 181 Old 05-26-2011, 08:12 AM

Josie those are some great deals! I seriously love thrift stores, which is good because there are at least 4 of them within a 3 mile radius of my house!

I had a dream that I had a massage last night. One of my friends (she's also my birth partner) is a licensed massage therapist and she has magic hands. So my dream was that she was giving me a massage and it was lovely. I woke up considerably more relaxed than I have been. I'm still upset with my mom over the argument we had last night, but I don't have the energy to dwell on it overly much, and it doesn't do any good anyway. So... moving along...

My sister and BIL leave town for a couple of days this afternoon and I'm watching their 3 kids while they're gone. This will be interesting, to say the least. They live really close to us and we see them all the time, but it will be a LOT of work for the next few days and I'm already tired in anticipation. I also have to miss my daughter's art show open house tonight because my mom has to work late and I don't have a car that can transport my kids and my sister's 3 kids. Plus, I don't really relish the idea of trying to go to the open house with 5 kids, one of whom is 2. We'll see what happens, it may all work out just fine.

I also decided to do kind of a a belly binding now. I follow The Feminist Breeder blog and she was having weeks of prodromal labor. Her MW suggested that she wrap her belly to help kind of squoosh the baby in more and apply firmer pressure to her cervix. Since this is baby #4 for me and my poor uterus is way more stretched out than ever before, it sounded like a good idea. So I have a long scarf tied around my belly and knotted on the side. We'll see if it helps at all. I'll have contractions all day long and then I go to bed and they stop. At least, I think they stop. I don't feel anything big enough to wake me up at any rate. lol

Jenni

#76 of 181 Old 05-26-2011, 12:09 PM

Jenni- Let me know if that works... I am on my last leg with these ctx and any relief would be amazing.

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#77 of 181 Old 05-26-2011, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Hurray for GBS - results. That's awesome. I have my test a week from tomorrow. I hope I also get a - result. I've been taking probiotics much of this pregnancy. I'm going to do garlic for the next week and hibiclens the morning of. Hopefully that will help.

A pedicure sounds lovely. I actually have a gift card that I believe has enough left on it to cover a pedicure. I'm giving serious thought to getting one within the next few weeks. They're so relaxing. Plus, it'd be nice to have cute toes in case my toes are in any of my birth pictures.

Josie - those are some great bargains. I never seem to find deals like that. I think it's because I just get impatient and give up and buy something that I can't really afford. eyesroll.gif

I did not sleep well last night and so I'm a grump as a result. My house leaves much to be desired right now. The dirty dishes are piled high and I just don't have the energy/motivation to do them. But they have to be done at some point before tomorrow so that I can cook for daycare kiddos. This weekend I'm going to have my cousin's kiddos overnight while she and her hubby head out of ton for a wedding. But I just found out that they're leaving town at 6:00am on Saturday - I was thinking it was later in the day. Oy! I enjoy sleeping in on Saturdays. So there goes that idea. But I do have a three day work week next week - hurray - I'm looking forward to it! I'm closed for Memorial Day and I'm taking a vacation day the Friday after that for my home visit with my midwife. I'm looking forward to a shorter work week - it's been awhile since my last day off!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
#78 of 181 Old 05-26-2011, 12:59 PM

*yawn* So I'm up early... well, earlier than I prefer! ...in order to get a head start finishing my homebirth article, which is due today. At 9:30 we have to go pick up the nappies I bought online yesterday, get a haircut for DH, buy him a video camera (work-related) and do a few other errands. I should buy some comfy, stretchy knickers to wear after the birth. Then this afternoon I'm babysitting my two little sisters (who are 22 and 13, so not exactly high maintenance!), because my parents are out of town with another little sister, discussing her scoliosis with a doctor. (Which is seriously impressive, incidentally: I saw photos.) They'll just have to go ahead and entertain DD while I frantically write.

The good news is, once today's over it will be DONE. And then I can give birth any time I darn well please, and/or spend the next few weeks finishing sewing and knitting projects. I've actually decided (for now!) that I'm not impatient for the baby to be born. As long as he stays vertex, I"m happy to have more time to prepare/chill out/not have a newborn.

#79 of 181 Old 05-26-2011, 03:01 PM

Jenni, what a great idea about the belly binding.  My midwife suggested it last time and I forgot about it.  Does anyone know if there is a diagram or something as to how exactly to tie it, where to put it on your belly, ect?  I have a super long wide scarf that would be perfect but I have no clue what I am doing it just feels weird like I am not doing it right.  My chiro actually said the baby and uterus are extended a bit out over the pubic bone so a maternity belt or something to get them lined up would help.  This would be perfect. 

Crystal, I also have my dishes piled up and am about to bite the bullet though its the last thing I feel like and go do them.  My oldest is only 9 and though willing, can't load the dish washer correctly to get them clean or wash them effectively.  He is such a boy.  So, I may as well do it myself.  DH will do them for me once every few months if I ask, lol though he wont ever just offer.  I guess I should just be glad he will do them if I ask, lol.

I finally went to menards and got the hose adapter so I can fill the birth pool.  Now I just have to wait until after the holiday weekend as my mother, midwife, and everyone will be out of town.  Hope this baby got that memo.  At this point, I am so excited to get this over with I don't care if they are all gone, I would welcome labor.

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#80 of 181 Old 05-26-2011, 03:27 PM

I had a great (as usual) appointment with my midwife today. We talked about the GBS thing. I had lots of if-then questions. I ended up deciding to skip it today, do garlic and hibclens this week and test next week. I just think it will be simpler to ensure a negative than to to retest and possibly face questioning about it at the hospital. Bah, I wish I were having a homebirth!

I finally got my birth plan done last night and I'm pretty happy with it.

I'm super excited to be getting a mani/pedi next week. I found a Seize the Deal deal for an all natural mani/pedi for $20! It was really important to me to not go someplace all chemical fumey. Honestly, I'm surprised there is such a place locally.

I had a dream of the birth last night. All I can remember is that it took a long time for them to get the squat bar I wanted put up. I had to put my feet into some sort of weird contraption for it. Odd. I'm surprised I don't remember more since I woke up to pee, like, 5 times. :(

BFing, bedsharing, toddler wearing, non-circing, vegan mama to the sweetest boy in the world (2/08), wife to my spicy rock star (4/06) and expecting a new family member 6/11
#81 of 181 Old 05-26-2011, 09:08 PM

I too still have to get the gbs test.  Um, though I am a little late since I am due next wed.  My midwife also just has her patients do a clense then retests to have that negative result in the file just in case. 

I have no clue what happened to me.  The last two days I have felt crazy good.  Great mood, loving life, feeling good.  Then today, I woke up and the first few things I said to DH were crabby.  It has been a cranky emotional day.  Also, more digestive trouble.  Of course it means NOTHING!!!  I am going to be pregnant FOREVER!!!! hahhahahaha.  Okay, Im better now, lol.  I almost went to the "Could this be the week?" thread and shouted "No!!!  This is not your week because you will be pregnant forever just like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  hahaha  I don't know where these feelings are coming from I am only due wednesday.  I don't know what is wrong with me.  Do I dare hope these crazy emotions mean I am close?  Well, then again, worst case, I go two weeks late.  That is still super close!  I dont know why I am battling these crazy feelings today.  I guess I knew they were coming.  Every mama kinda has to deal with this "so done being pregnant" feeling before having the baby (usually)  so the fact that I was still so content being pregnant should have told me it wasn't time yet.  Soooo by my logic maybe my insanity is a good thing.

Okay, I am done now for real, lol.

#82 of 181 Old 05-26-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharita View Post
 Do I dare hope these crazy emotions mean I am close?  Well, then again, worst case, I go two weeks late.  That is still super close!  

Yep, you are close... I know it probably doesn't feel close enough though! hug2.gif   I expect to have at least 2-3 weeks and maybe longer.  I'm not feeling ready yet but I bet in about 10 days I will start going a little crazy.

So, names.  I was really set on a boy first name, and then today I discovered a movie is coming out in the next year that has a character with that name, and the actor totally looks like he could be my kids' brother.  Even though I wanted the name before I read the book, and before the movie came out, I am feeling super annoyed that in a few years it will totally look like I named my kid for the character.  And it's not really a good character for naming your kid after :(  (Anyone read the Hunger Games?)  

It's another thing on my list of 'things which do not ultimately matter but are really irking me right now'

#83 of 181 Old 05-26-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald_Bull's_Mama View Post

I'm super excited to be getting a mani/pedi next week. I found a Seize the Deal deal for an all natural mani/pedi for $20! It was really important to me to not go someplace all chemical fumey. Honestly, I'm surprised there is such a place locally.

That sounds awesome!  There are a couple natural spas in my area but it's really hard to book because any childcare I have is only available in the evenings, and there is no bus service in the evnings.  I am going to have to figure something out soon because I promised myself I would get a pedi this month :)

#84 of 181 Old 05-26-2011, 10:44 PM

Article is DONE! Thank goodness. I hope it's OK; towards the end of writing, I can never tell if a piece is rubbish or not. Oh well, hopefully the editor will inform me. :p

Interesting turn of events: my parents and little sister were up in Auckland having a consult with the doctors over my sister's scoliosis. My other two little sisters are here with me at home, waiting for them to get back. Only it turns out my father threw his back out (again) this morning up in Auckland, and is in hospital himself, fainting and hooked up to IVs and generally miserable. So they might end up having to spend another night up there, in which case I'll have to go sleep over at my sisters' house. Poor Dad!

Right, well, speaking of my little sisters, I've just ignored them for two hours while I finished my article. Better go make dinner. :p

#85 of 181 Old 05-27-2011, 03:32 AM

Well, yikes. Just got back from dropping my little sisters off home. It sounds like my poor parents had the WORST DAY EVER. They were staying at a backpackers' hostel, in order to be on time for my sister's scoliosis consult in the morning. Dad's back started spasming as he got out of the shower, and he was frozen with pain, couldn't move and then fainted (Mum caught him, fortunately). So the ambulance had to come and give him nitrous oxide and manoeuvre him (sans trousers, incidentally) onto a stretcher. So Dad got ambulanced off to one hospital, while Mum and my sister went to the one next door (this was a specialist appointment, they couldn't really miss it). And Dad spent the rest of the day having an ECG and ultrasound and X-rays, and being given drugs that made him throw up, and fainting all over the place, while Mum rushed from hospital to hospital. And then she had to drive home, through Auckland, which she hates to begin with; and Dad threw up out the window on the way home. When I saw him tonight he was grey, doped up to the eyeballs and muttering how he wanted to go be with Jesus.

Also, they're going to do either one or two surgeries on my sister's back - either five or eight hours of surgery - sometime eight weeks plus from now.

Poor Mum; she looked absolutely shattered. Dad won't be preaching on Sunday, and it looks like my little sister's birthday lunch out will have to be put off as well. (Not the one with the scoliosis... I have a lot of sisters.)

#86 of 181 Old 05-27-2011, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

Well, yikes. Just got back from dropping my little sisters off home. It sounds like my poor parents had the WORST DAY EVER. They were staying at a backpackers' hostel, in order to be on time for my sister's scoliosis consult in the morning. Dad's back started spasming as he got out of the shower, and he was frozen with pain, couldn't move and then fainted (Mum caught him, fortunately). So the ambulance had to come and give him nitrous oxide and manoeuvre him (sans trousers, incidentally) onto a stretcher. So Dad got ambulanced off to one hospital, while Mum and my sister went to the one next door (this was a specialist appointment, they couldn't really miss it). And Dad spent the rest of the day having an ECG and ultrasound and X-rays, and being given drugs that made him throw up, and fainting all over the place, while Mum rushed from hospital to hospital. And then she had to drive home, through Auckland, which she hates to begin with; and Dad threw up out the window on the way home. When I saw him tonight he was grey, doped up to the eyeballs and muttering how he wanted to go be with Jesus.

Also, they're going to do either one or two surgeries on my sister's back - either five or eight hours of surgery - sometime eight weeks plus from now.

Poor Mum; she looked absolutely shattered. Dad won't be preaching on Sunday, and it looks like my little sister's birthday lunch out will have to be put off as well. (Not the one with the scoliosis... I have a lot of sisters.)

OMG Prayers to your family! That's a lot to happen all at once.

Well I'm feeling very odd this morning. I went to bed around 1 am and had been having very mild contractions (the real kind not just my normal BH.) Went to sleep and DH didn't come to bed until 5:45a. Him coming in woke me up. I went potty and came back to bed and couldn't go back to sleep. Then the contractions started again. Again mild, but I'm aware of them. When the kids got up I decided to take a shower and shave my legs (which I haven't been motivated to do in almost 3 weeks) and drag all three kiddos in the shower with me. Still feeling contraction-ish and weird. DH and I are supposed to be going to my Dad's so he can do some work around the house (some weird neighbor is calling code enforcement on EVERYONE in the neighborhood and they came around and told dad there was a few things he needs to fix...mind you my family has been there for over 30 years and has never had this issue.) We shall see how the day plays out.

#87 of 181 Old 05-27-2011, 04:47 AM

Good gracious, Smokering, your family's been through the wringer this week!  Thinking healing thoughts for your father and sister.  hug2.gif

Sharita, I'm RIGHT there with you.  So. Freaking. Done.  Due to my work situation I can't take off any time before I have the baby, so I'm still having to show up and at least TRY to meet my commitments.  Most folks are cutting me some slack, but I've burst into tears over the most ridiculous crap and it makes me feel like a crazy person.  Yesterday I had to go to a mandatory meeting, where they provided lunch.  Only it's not something I could eat.  So instead of asking for something else, I just holed up in the bathroom and cried like a baby.  I did eventually get lunch, but GOOD GRIEF how embarrassing!

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#88 of 181 Old 05-27-2011, 05:38 AM

Smokering, so sorry to hear of your family's ailments! I hope your Dad heals quickly and your sister's surgery goes well. You all will be in my prayers.

I am only 36 weeks but I am starting to get the sick of being pregnant syndrome. I am horribly uncomfortable and simply cannot imagine feeling this way for another month or more. I have developed major itching, right sided sciatica, and a new roll of fat under my chin. Lovely.

I had a pedicure yesterday - although I picked an absolutely hideous color so I might have to have DH take it off and start over. It looked like a shimmery white in the bottle but actually came out a light green. I look like I have frog feet, lol!

This weekend is going to be a busy one for us - we have a visit with Dh's Dad and wife tomorrow morning - always an uncomfortable time - we only see them about twice a year and its just a little weird. Sunday is my SIL's "chicken party" AKA the "Pot Cluck" - she is one of the few people in the city of Chicago who have a full-blown chicken coop in her backyard and every year she has a big party for their "birthday". It's fun, but crazy and crowded. Hopefully Monday will be a little more relaxing.

What is everyone else doing this weekend?

#89 of 181 Old 05-27-2011, 06:19 AM

So glad to be in week 37 today!

Yay! Glad people with no GBS! My GBS was negative also, so I am very happy, one less thing to worry about and I don't have to get to the hospital earlier than I want to.  I did test positive for BV again though for the second time this pregnancy.  I don't have any symptoms and I did treat with anitibiotics the first time (one that was supposed to kill the bad bacteria without affecting the good one).  Now my midwife is telling me to try some natural alternatives since I already did the antibiotics.  so based on the advice of Knitting Mama some time back, I'm taking culturelle, jarro-dosiphilus+fos.  Hopefully it works!  My midwife says that having BV may cause tearing during labor - anyone heard of this?

#90 of 181 Old 05-27-2011, 06:21 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Sharita - you are very close. Perhaps this will be your week. I can so relate to how you're feeling, except I'm not quite 36 weeks yet. Ugh - I have a long ways to go!

weliveintheforest - You know, that name thing would irk me too, so I completely get it. We've had a terrible time with names. We've had two picked out forever, but I'm not excited about them. I don't know if it's because they're not the right names or if it's just because we've had it decided for so long or because we don't know gender so I haven't been able to connect to either name yet. shrug.gif

Smokering - Wow. Your poor family. Things HAVE to calm down after all of that! ((HUGS))

Sarah - You sound very close!

AFM - I'm ready for today to be over. If I can get through today then it's the weekend and that's fantastic. Hubby has his final for his CNA course today. So then he'll be done done done with this insanely paced lengthy hours class and he won't have his nose buried in books when he's home and I'll get help around the house again. YAYAYAYA!!!! I still need to do my dishes so that I can cook lunch for my daycare kiddos today. I'm kind of lagging behind, but I'll get there. We NEED to do our test run on the birth pool this weekend. We haven't done it yet. Heaven forbid there's something wrong with it as I'll be 36 weeks as of Sunday. We can ship it back and get a replacement, but we'd be cutting it awfully close. So I'm praying to God that there's nothing wrong with it. We still need to run and get our house and faucet adapter and a water pump (that's the only way I can think of to empty it). For those of you that have had water births, did you do a test run complete with adding the water or did you just blow it up, check for leaks, and call it done? I'm thinking it's a good idea to do a test run complete with water and everything, but it's just more work. On top of that, we have other projects that are waiting. We have to finish my son's superhero bedroom. Hubby is almost done painting his bed and is going to touch up the bedroom a bit. Then it's just a matter of vacuuming and putting everything in the room. We have this cute table and chairs set that needs to get put together. Also, my daycare furniture that I got with my daycare grant $$ has come and it's just sitting in boxes. We need to get those opened, inventoried, and I need to get my paperwork together (receipts, shipping invoices, forms, etc...) to mail in so that I can get my reimbursement money. So since that's all here I will likely be working on some arranging in my daycare room this weekend. Also, my garden is in bad need of weeding. Luckily it looks as though the temp has dropped a bit this weekend. I'm hoping to get out and garden while it's cooler. The nice thing is that it's a lot of hands and knees, which is great for this stage of pregnancy! At some point I have mounds and mounds of clean laundry upstairs in my bedroom that needs to be put away so that we can rearrange furniture and make room for the cosleeper by our bed and get that hooked up. I'd like to finish out my home birth basket sometime soon also - the nice thing is that I'm not going to stress over it until I'm 37 weeks, because I can't have a home birth if I'm not full-term anyways, so I have another week!

Oh...and I got some great fluff mail the other day. My diapers that I ordered from Green Mountain Diapers came. I got the yellow workhorse fitted and can't wait to try them. I got a few covers and a few Disana wool covers for nighttime. I also got some postpartum mama cloth from Punkyspads. They look cute - is it ridiculous how I want something cute to bleed on? Good grief! So anyways, my newborn stash is DONE!!! I just need to prep diapers and organize all of this crap somewhere in my house.

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page