May Chat Thread - Week 4 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 181 Old 05-29-2011, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

sharita - I cannot imagine turning my back on one of my sisters like that! However, I have a sister who I can totally see ditching me in a time of crisis. I'm sorry. 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#122 of 181 Old 05-29-2011, 05:59 PM

For all of you dealing with bone headed men, my sincere apologies! This baby's father has dropped off the planet, as in he's ignoring all of my attempts to contact him and we haven't communicated in any form since the beginning of March. That's nearly 3 MONTHS ago. However, I'd rather have it that way if he's not intent on actually being involved because it's just easier to not have to deal with him. We'll see what happens after baby is born. I suspect that since his new girlfriend still doesn't know about me and the baby, nothing will change. Except Baby Daddy will be paying child support.

Today was a gooooood day. I got to sleep in a little, the kids did their chores without too much nagging, my mom made yummy crepes for breakfast, the weather is beautiful and a friend of mine (and her sweet family) came for a visit. Not only did they bring an entire lunch to feed ALL of us (she and her husband, their 4 kids, me, my two, and my mom) but she brought fresh goat's milk, fresh eggs from her chickens, frozen taco meat x2, AND her husband wired our garbage disposal! The kids all had a blast playing together and us adults got to hang out and chat and relax. They brought a whole roasted little piggy for lunch, plus a yummy salad, and it was soooo good. The pig was a wild one that my friend's mom had captured (along with several others) and brought to my friend. They're fattening the piggies up and then killing and cooking them as they need meat. There's just nothing that beats fresh meat. For those of you that don't eat meat, I'm sorry if I'm grossing you out!

After my friends left the kids went down the street to play with their other friends and then their dad invited my kids to go see Thor with him and his kids. Off they went and now I'm having some quiet time. :) 

I think I'll take the dogs on a walk after it cools off a bit more and maybe that will increase these contractions enough to make actual labor happen. I'll be 38 weeks on Wednesday so I feel like he's probably had enough time in there, if he's ready to come out. I just wish I didn't have a deadline hanging over my head before I have to do something about a repeat c/s.  :(  It makes it harder to relax and enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy.

Oh, and the dresser that my mom got at the garage sale (one of them) is now in my room as the new baby changing dresser. The other one is still in here as well, but I just needed more storage for all of baby's clothes and things. So now I have double the storage space and the top of the "new" dresser is deeper and longer so it works better anyway!

P1040646.JPG

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#123 of 181 Old 05-29-2011, 07:03 PM

Smokering-Thanks for the instructions; I will be definitely taking your advice, although how they turn out is another matter! My sewing machine/skills are super-basic. It does a straight stitch and a zig-zag, and a couple variations on that theme :) I figure that if I wear cloth around the house during the day, with disposable for outings/nighttime, I should be ok for diaper-rash, so maybe I can avoid the hassle of trying to sew wings.  With DD1 I didn't get my period back for a year, when I went back to work, so I'm assuming it will be the same this time round, and by then I'll be ok to try the DivaCup.

Snowflake-So sorry to hear about your DH! Does he know how you are feeling? My DH is in general a good husband and father, but rather too worried about his sleep.  I think it helps that he's older; he seems to have gotten the "jerky" behaviour out of his system before meeting me :)

Jenni-Also sorry to hear about your baby daddy; IMO, you and your LO are waaay better off without him!  That's a BEAUTIFUL dresser!  My DH is a "freegan," meaning anything he can score out of ppl's trash at the curb is fair game, scored DD1 an AWESOME dresser and bookshelf which we re-painted to match her room :D

Someone was talking about lanolizing wool covers in one of the earlier posts, and I just wanted to add that all I do is wash them by hand in a bit of baby shampoo, then fill up the sink with HOT tap water, a couple drops of baby shampoo and a pea-sized amount of lanolin (I use the Woolybottoms one, but expired Lansinoh is a great idea too...seeing as I have a tube due to expire this fall...) and I soak the cover for 15-30 min, I squeeze out the water gently and lay flat to dry. In winter I lay them over the heating register and they dry SUPER fast, but in summer they take a couple days to dry, especially bc where I live it's humid. Since I only use wool covers at night, I only need to do this every 6 weeks or whenever I notice the dampness soaking through in the morning.

On a related note, I had to start putting Pullups on DD1 this week, 'cause she keeps taking her diaper off before she goes to sleep, and I can't get the cloth on again without waking her up, and then as soon as she pees herself in the cloth, she wakes up and demands a fresh diaper. And I only have 5 nighttime diapers! I think she's on the road to being dry at night, because every once in a while she'll go all night w/o peeing, or she'll wake up and fuss before she pees, so I get up and take her potty. But that's not much fun right now, cause I'm getting up twice a night to pee too!!!

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#124 of 181 Old 05-29-2011, 07:18 PM

*Whoops!* I MEANT to soak my wool cover for 30 min while I checked MDC. I just noticed that I've been online for an hour!!! Sheepish.gif

#125 of 181 Old 05-29-2011, 07:43 PM

I feel like a caged animal. Can anyone relate? It's hard to describe the feeling. I feel like I need something to happen, but nothing is. I keep willing contractions to start just for SOMETHING to be going on. Its a horribly restless feeling.

My BF made me a sweet diaper cake :) It has a bunch of stuff I needed and couldn't afford to get right now, plus sposies to help me through the "I don't feel like washing diapers" early phase :)

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#126 of 181 Old 05-29-2011, 08:24 PM

Hmm, I don't really NEED a bra. My belly will hold up my breasts! Whee.

#127 of 181 Old 05-29-2011, 08:32 PM

I can sympathize with the caged animal feeling. Add to that the watched pot feeling and I think that explains some of the caged animal feeling. I'm not really a patient person by nature, so this whole "waiting for the baby to come out" thing makes me crazy. I want to meet him right now. And since that's not happening, and I have nothing else to do to get ready for his arrival, I'm going a little nuts. I really hate the constant "When is the baby due again?" question. I've been telling everyone I know "mid-June" since I first announced my pregnancy. Is it really that hard to remember??

Sarah Lynne, yay for diaper cakes! My neighbor (the one that did the maternity pics) also made me a diaper cake. It looked like a little tree with a monkey it it. Super cute! I also bought a case of diapers from Costco or Sam's (can't remember which) since I've never used cloth before and I want to have a backup in case the cloth doesn't work out very well for us.

Lidia, we are totally freebie lovers! We've gotten all kinds of stuff for free from friends, acquaintances, and the curbside in our neighborhood. People know us well enough now that they'll ask before getting rid of something they think we may want. And my kids have turned into little freebie scouts as well. They'll point out things at the curb that look interesting, or potentially good garage sales. I love it!

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#128 of 181 Old 05-29-2011, 10:01 PM

Yep, my grandmother has already started the daily calls.  When I answer she is like "Well, I don't hear a baby crying in the background so I guess she ain't here yet"  haha.  As if I would have her without letting her know.  I swear I love my grandmother to death and if this would be anyone else I would tell them quit it already, lol.  She is all the way in southern  Mississippi and me way up here so I can understand her being concerned and anxious for me.  She is also nervous about me having another homebirth though told me she trusts whatever I decide.  I love her for that.  She readily lets me know how she feels but then makes me feel like I am also intelligent enough to make my own decisions and that she trusts me.  Not everyone has family like that.

She is the only one calling daily though thankfully but everyone else keeps reminding me how close I am.  It does make me realize everyone is "expecting" now.  I thought it was just me that was expecting, lol. 

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#129 of 181 Old 05-29-2011, 10:03 PM

Oh my oh my... lots has been happening this weekend for everyone!

-- I seriously gave the mama cloth some thought-- but I HATE pads so much that I don't think that I can do it. Not that I will even get to wear tampons with the PP bleeding, but still. I hope it won't last as long as it did the last time. I don't think that I want to do diaper laundry AND mama cloth laundry. Plus, I'm a freak about leaking. I changed my overnight/heavy pads like every hour last time. 

Jenni- I love that dresser! Your room/nursery is really coming together so nicely! Jealous :) 

Count me in on the caged animal feelings. My Dad was here for about a day and a half and he drove me NUTS with the begging me to go into labor, telling me I won't make it, phone calls from my step-mom telling me a bunch of nonsense and trying to take pictures of my belly to send to everyone---- really? thanks, Dad. I enjoy being a spectacle. And NO, I'm not huge. I weigh 137. 9 months pregnant. I am 10 lbs less than with DD. I don't look like I'm having twins. I am NOT waddling, and I do NOT appreciate you pointing any of the above out to me at ANY time. (my Dad is super sweet, just obviously a guy and WAY too anxious to meet his new grandson) angry.gif

Anywho... my DH is still working hard to get things done. The rain this weekend really messed up a lot of our plans. I spent 2 hours cleaning out the van and washing the car seats yesterday plus did random house projects... then today I grouted the kitchen and bathroom tile plus painted- not a good idea. I am SORE. Had some serious ctx for a few hours, and now my legs are going nuts. I know that I need to sit down and rest more, but watching DH work his butt off makes me feel so bad!!! I think we are hopefully almost done with all the super labor intensive projects, bc I really don't want to go into labor before DD's bday party next week....energy.gif

P.S. I think you know you're nesting when you are lanolizing wool and dyeing diapers at 1 am haha ROTFLMAO.gif

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#130 of 181 Old 05-30-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erigeron View Post

lol.gif At this point I'm just wearing one to soak up the sweat in between the two!

Ok, it's hot here now.  Summer in Texas.  My feet and hands are suddenly swollen, and my fingers keep going numb... I really thought I was going to escape the swelling this time!  I had to go buy some most unattractive sandals - but they're padded on the bottom and have a big adjustable top flap, so they fit over my stupid pillow feet.  Bought half a watermelon, gonna blend it up into agua fresca and drink the whole darn thing today, hope that'll help some.

Ran into my midwife yesterday and she said I am her next client in line to birth... which makes it so real now... She and her apprentice are coming for the home visit on Wednesday!  I need to get my stuff together... buy those little bottles of olive oil, hydrogen peroxide, whatever's on that list... got a bunch of homebirth supplies in the mail already, comfrey to make tea for peri bottles, mesh undies, pool liner, etc.  This morning I had two or three crampy-feeling contractions while lying in bed, and I realized I forgot to take my cal-mag the past few days. Jumped out of bed and swallowed some!  I need at least another week please, baby! 

lover of K partners.gif mom to S superhero.gifb.12/07  and C joy.gifb.6/11

#131 of 181 Old 05-30-2011, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I'm happy to report that I have finally happened upon a place of calm. No idea why or how, but I feel a lot better mentally and physically than I have through this entire pregnancy. I'm not in a hurry for the baby to come; I'm not nearly as fatigued as I was (or is it just my new normal, and I'm used to it?); I'm enjoying chillin' with DD and organising things to do before the baby arrives; I still have a ton of sewing I "should" do, but I'm not letting it stress me out, and I've realised the baby won't go naked even if I don't sew him another stitch; the baby himself is still appropriately vertex, as far as I can tell; I'm mostly over this ghastly cold; I've started nesting a bit, but in a manageable and non-frantic way; and in general, life is peachy!

It's sort of odd, I'm used to being angsty. :p I wonder if it's the Vitamin D I've been taking? I'm sorry so many of you are feeling icky right now, but I've done so much whining in this DDC that I thought a happier update might be nice!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#132 of 181 Old 05-30-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

I'm happy to report that I have finally happened upon a place of calm. No idea why or how, but I feel a lot better mentally and physically than I have through this entire pregnancy. I'm not in a hurry for the baby to come; I'm not nearly as fatigued as I was (or is it just my new normal, and I'm used to it?); I'm enjoying chillin' with DD and organising things to do before the baby arrives; I still have a ton of sewing I "should" do, but I'm not letting it stress me out, and I've realised the baby won't go naked even if I don't sew him another stitch; the baby himself is still appropriately vertex, as far as I can tell; I'm mostly over this ghastly cold; I've started nesting a bit, but in a manageable and non-frantic way; and in general, life is peachy!

It's sort of odd, I'm used to being angsty. :p I wonder if it's the Vitamin D I've been taking? I'm sorry so many of you are feeling icky right now, but I've done so much whining in this DDC that I thought a happier update might be nice!

Sounds like the calm before the storm so to speak, lol. and by storm I don't mean chaos for your life, I mean maybe your subconscious finally making peace and relaxing enough to send you right into labor.  Me, I have just reached a weird placed today as well.  Just when my midwife and mother come back into town, DH is off until Thurday for vacation and the timing couldn't be better to have a baby, I all of a sudden now feel like I will be pregnant at least another week and I have made my peace with that.  However, I am still crossing my fingers and in my head cheering "come on baby, lets get this show on the road", lol)  But I will be fine if I go late.  It's weird that days ago, I felt like it would be anyday now.  Today, I am thinking, at least a week if not two. 

Then again, with #4 I was so sure I would go two weeks late because the two before him did and he was born right on his due date so my feelings mean nothing, lol.

My official due date is wednesday and I imagine it will just come and go with very little excitment.  Then again, I could just as easily go into labor tonight so whatever.  Ugh, I have gone complete circle in the last week or two.  I went from being totally fine with being pregnant and not being in any hurry, to "get this baby out now!" to ok, I do but I dont wanna have it right now, and now, I just am done hoping and dont wanna think about it anymore.  I guess we all reach each of those stages before we actually have baby in arms.

On a different note, I went to DH's family's get together last night where everyone played xbox kinect dance central and I have never tried it and wanted to so bad but my huge self wasnt' about to get up and do that in front of ppl, lol.  His sister also made this dessert that was nothing more than pudding mixed with coolwhip and layers with crushed vanilla and chocolate oreos.  But OMG was it to die for!  I brought a huge plate full home since my toddler fell in love with it too and it is already gone.  I  feel like such a cow.  Oh, I look like one too so that makes sense, hahahaha.

Well, it seems I have accepted the " I am going to be pregnant forever" mentality for today.  Maybe tomorrow I will be opposite again and feel like today is the day, lol.

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#133 of 181 Old 05-30-2011, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
On a different note, I went to DH's family's get together last night where everyone played xbox kinect dance central and I have never tried it and wanted to so bad but my huge self wasnt' about to get up and do that in front of ppl, lol.

Heh. Reminds me of when I was 7 months pregnant with DD, and my friend had a wedding with barn dancing afterwards. I like barn dancing, but yeah - I was too self-conscious to start galloping around all pregnant. (And anyway, her father commandeered me and made me cut up and serve the wedding cake, which took about two hours... grrr.)

I'm not due until June 9, but "Super 8" comes out that day and I'd quite like to go see it with DH. So that gives me a good reason not to go into labour before then. :p I just keep thinking "Well, I have a lunch date on Sunday I don't want to miss", or "My friend was going to come over sometime this week to watch a movie", and it really helps me feel more zen about the whole thing. I have no idea what to expect in terms of gestational length - DD was induced at 39+4, so - do I "naturally" go for 39+5, or for 42+3, or what?? Who knows! I'm actually kinda looking forward to the whole pre-labour thing, just because I never experienced it before - losing the mucus plug, maybe having my waters break, all that jazz.

Went to the library yesterday and got a ton of books, which will also help keep me occupied. I must remember to pack a few for the birthing centre when the time comes, too.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#134 of 181 Old 05-30-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:

So true! ROTFLMAO.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharita View Post

His sister also made this dessert that was nothing more than pudding mixed with coolwhip and layers with crushed vanilla and chocolate oreos.  But OMG was it to die for!  I brought a huge plate full home since my toddler fell in love with it too and it is already gone.  I  feel like such a cow.  Oh, I look like one too so that makes sense, hahahaha.

Oooh that sounds good! Actually, I've never tried cool whip. It doesn't exist where I live. It sounds really unhealthy and yummy though.

I had banoffee pie last night. Soooo good! I could have eaten the whole thing, but made myself stop when I started feeling shaky from all the sugar.

Quote:

I'm glad you're feeling more at peace. I think we're getting to the stage now where we're coming to accept that we've done pretty much all we can to prepare, and that how & when we go into labour is out of our hands. We might as well relax and enjoy what little we have left of this pregnancy.

Speaking of vitamin D, maybe my recent moodiness is because I've been forgetting to take my pre-natals? I've been convinced that everyone has been going out of their way to get on my nerves for the last few days, which is probably a sign that it's not them, but me. redface.gif

On a less rant-y note, I've nearly finished my assignment!

Oh and I'm so happy to see all the new birth announcements today! biggrinbounce.gif

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

#135 of 181 Old 05-30-2011, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_up View Post

lol.gif At this point I'm just wearing one to soak up the sweat in between the two.

OMG - I've been having major boob sweat lately. It's so disgusting! It's also gotten a lot hotter here too. It was 90 today after being in the 60's last week. Stupid midwestern weather.

Wakeup - I hope your home visit appt. goes well. I also have mine this week and I'm a bit stressed. My house is still a mess, my basket is not completely put together. Blah - just not enough hours in the day!

Smokering - Hurray for newfound calm. If you figure out the secret formula, do share!

I can relate to everyone who feels like a caged animal. Everything my DH does or says is just pissing me off to the nth degree right now. Nothing seems to be getting done around here the way it should. I'm trying to keep up, but I'm feeling very overwhelmed. I just want things done already. I'm hoping to shop for my birth basket this weekend and get that finished up. I do get off at 4:00 instead of 5:00 a few days this week, so perhaps I can get some stuff done then. I don't know - we'll see. I'm usually so zonked by the end of the day that it's all I can do to get food on the table for dinner. I really hope we get DS's bedroom done for good by this weekend because I can't take it hanging over my head anymore. It's just a huge stress. I'm not looking forward to working tomorrow, but I have a short week this week - only 3 days. I'm off on Friday and I didn't work today. So I'm trying to tell myself that I will survive for 3 days and then I get a weekend. 

Crystal (34) married to nursing student DH (38) partners.gif ,  mama to superhero.gif(7/07), brokenheart.gif (1/09), and rainbow1284.gifjammin.gif (7/11) and stork-suprise.gif (12/28) homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg homeschool.gif
#136 of 181 Old 05-30-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake777 View Post

Oooh that sounds good! Actually, I've never tried cool whip. It doesn't exist where I live. It sounds really unhealthy and yummy though.

I had banoffee pie last night. Soooo good! I could have eaten the whole thing, but made myself stop when I started feeling shaky from all the sugar

I had never heard of this and had to google it.  OMG I have a new recipe to try and bake very soon now! Sounds sooooo good (and fattening, lol)

#137 of 181 Old 05-30-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharita View Post

I had never heard of this and had to google it.  OMG I have a new recipe to try and bake very soon now! Sounds sooooo good (and fattening, lol)

I'd never had it before either. I don't dare look for recipes! That knowledge would be dangerous.

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

#138 of 181 Old 05-30-2011, 07:37 PM

We had a Memorial Day BBQ tonight with my sister & her fam and it was lovely. My mom seems to have gone through the stages of grief regarding my pregnancy and has finally reached the acceptance stage. It's about dang time!! lol  She was joking around with me today about what to name the baby and during grace she even asked to watch over "Baby Samuel who will be here soon". His name isn't going to be Samuel, I don't think. But it will be at least a middle name. We had brownies with ice-cream and strawberries for dessert, out on the patio, and it was sooo nice. I really love my family and I am more and more glad that I took the plunge to pack my kids up and move the 2500 miles from Oregon to Texas without a job or a home or anything here so we could be closer to sis and family. It's absolutely been worth it.

And now I am totally exhausted since I didn't get my nap today and I've basically been going all day doing laundry and tidying, and cooking, and shopping and chasing after children. But that good tired feeling, you know?

I have a MW appt tomorrow afternoon for my 38w check. I'm trying to decide if I want to have her to a cervical check or not, and if she does if I want her to do a membrane sweep as well. Typically I would completely avoid anything like that, but since I'm VBACing I'm on a deadline and I'm starting to feel a little bit of panic that I'm nearly 38w (on Wednesday) and there's really been no signs of anything happening, other than the prodromal labor that seems to have stopped for the past 2 days.

Jenni

#139 of 181 Old 05-30-2011, 08:18 PM

Jenni- I am so happy to see that you had a great day with your family. Nothing beats the realization that you made a great life choice! Good luck with your MW appt tomorrow! We always have ours on the same day haha I can't decide if I want a check or not either..... I had my hubs check me tonight-- awkward!!! He said that his guess was a fingertip--- figures. To be honest, I really need him to stay in for this next week--- I'm just SOOO excited to meet him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#140 of 181 Old 05-30-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
 I have no idea what to expect in terms of gestational length - DD was induced at 39+4, so - do I "naturally" go for 39+5, or for 42+3, or what?? Who knows! I'm actually kinda looking forward to the whole pre-labour thing, just because I never experienced it before - losing the mucus plug, maybe having my waters break, all that jazz.

Me too! I am really excited about labour this time around! I know it will be hard, etc., but I'm just so happy to (hopefully) get a chance to experience it the way its supposed to happen for my body.

So I mentioned yesterday that DD was getting all these circular scabs on her body. Went to the doc today and its....Ringworm!!! YAY!!! Thanks, DH, for letting her pet EVERY dog in the neighbourhood!  So instead of just doing my usual housecleaning tomorrow, I get to Borax EVERYTHING, and do a ton of extra laundry thumb.gif  And, since we get charged for electricity by the time of day, I get to do all that laundry when it's cheapest, between 7pm and 7am :) EXACTLY how I want to spend my nights!!!  On the bright side, at least it's not bedbugs or something hellish like that!

It finally turned into summer here today :) I am soo grateful. I have just enough projects to get me through this week, then I am "officially" ready for this LO to come!!!

#141 of 181 Old 05-30-2011, 08:23 PM

Jenni-Meant to mention that I am having my membranes swept weekly to get my body more ready in case induction were necessary, and my MW told me that it would not start labour by itself, but if my body were ready, it might kick-start it. She had them done daily when she was pregnant with her second, because, like me, there were some growth concerns, and it took 2 weeks of that for her to go into labour. Good luck, though, whatever you decide! Why do you have to have your VBAC by a certain time?

#142 of 181 Old 05-30-2011, 08:35 PM

Still working on cleaning the house over here! We went through (a small portion of) the basement and found a whole bunch of stuff to recycle, throw out, donate, or for hubby to take to his office. The furniture will need to do some shifting around in due course, so the more space we can clear out, the better.

Also, we got our crib today at Ikea! Hubby didn't want to assemble it tonight after we spent so much time on the basement, so I guess if I go into labor tomorrow, he's assembling it by himself. :D

#143 of 181 Old 05-31-2011, 01:00 AM

Lidia, yuck!  I would be most annoyed about all the extra laundry.

So exciting to see all the babies being born!

I am a walking ball of stress. We moved on the weekend, but we still have a truck load of crap to move and the suite to clean... so we are really only half done and it's the easy half.  And I have to buy a van (which is a really big pain in the butt when you don't have a vehicle to use to go looking, and live on an island!) and buy some more baby stuff and stock up on groceries... oh and I feel like I could give birth at any moment.  I won't, it's likely to be 2 weeks at least if not more, but I hate the stress of being 'term' and knowing that it could all just happen any time.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#144 of 181 Old 05-31-2011, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidamama84 View Post

Jenni-Meant to mention that I am having my membranes swept weekly to get my body more ready in case induction were necessary, and my MW told me that it would not start labour by itself, but if my body were ready, it might kick-start it. She had them done daily when she was pregnant with her second, because, like me, there were some growth concerns, and it took 2 weeks of that for her to go into labour. Good luck, though, whatever you decide! Why do you have to have your VBAC by a certain time?

Here in the US they have issues with VBAC mommas going past 40w in their pregnancy. The OB that is the medical director for the MW practice (a requirement in Texas) is concerned that the baby will be "too big" if I go post-dates and that I'll have a uterine rupture from trying to push out a gigantic baby. He wants to see me next week at 39w if I'm still pregnant just to check on the baby and me and make sure everything is going okay. He would really love for me to pick a date for the repeat c/s so that we have an official "done by" date but I just can't do it. I told him that I want to go as long as possible and I think his understanding of that and my intentions are not the same. He'd be thrilled if I had already given birth. But, whatever happens, having that 40w deadline hanging over my head is depressing. Of course, my MWs are awesome and the ones I like said that they have no issues with me going until 41 1/2 weeks and then we can go from there.

I think I may ask for a sweep since I'll be there and the deadline is causing me more stress than anything else. I can feel my body getting ready and I've been having prodromal labor since the 20th, so maybe that's what I need to kick real labor into gear all the way.

Quote:

Still working on cleaning the house over here! We went through (a small portion of) the basement and found a whole bunch of stuff to recycle, throw out, donate, or for hubby to take to his office. The furniture will need to do some shifting around in due course, so the more space we can clear out, the better.

Also, we got our crib today at Ikea! Hubby didn't want to assemble it tonight after we spent so much time on the basement, so I guess if I go into labor tomorrow, he's assembling it by himself. :D

You're doing the same thing that we are! We have moved so much furniture around in the past few weeks that I'm starting to feel like I could put "furniture mover" on my resume. LOL 

I was going to buy an IKEA crib as well, until my sister said that I could use theirs. I liked the simplicity and low cost of the IKEA cribs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weliveintheforest View Post

Lidia, yuck!  I would be most annoyed about all the extra laundry.

So exciting to see all the babies being born!

I am a walking ball of stress. We moved on the weekend, but we still have a truck load of crap to move and the suite to clean... so we are really only half done and it's the easy half.  And I have to buy a van (which is a really big pain in the butt when you don't have a vehicle to use to go looking, and live on an island!) and buy some more baby stuff and stock up on groceries... oh and I feel like I could give birth at any moment.  I won't, it's likely to be 2 weeks at least if not more, but I hate the stress of being 'term' and knowing that it could all just happen any time.

I think the worst part of moving is always the cleaning of the former home. No matter how much I clean while we're living there, it always seems so disgusting after everything is packed up and moved out. Hopefully it goes fast and you can get all your other stuff done as well! I agree that it's kind of hard to plan and take care of things when you have that "I could go into labor at any moment" feeling hanging over you.

Lidia, I would be freaking out about the ringworm simply because of all the extra laundry and cleaning! When we first moved to Texas DD got lice *shudder* and it kept coming back for 5 FREAKING MONTHS!!! As soon as I would get rid of it and wash everything in our apartment (which didn't have a washer & dryer so I had to use the complex's machines) she would pick it up again from either the same girl or another child in her class. I threatened to shave her head and I freaked out on the school and FINALLY it was taken care of. Those little bugs (ringworm, lice, etc) are so gross.

Jenni

#145 of 181 Old 05-31-2011, 07:48 AM

I am so not in a good place right now. I think the only other people that can understand are those that are 18 thousand months pregnant, so I am going to vent here so that I don't go insane. We are finishing our basement.  Everything that can go wrong pretty much has, it was to be done save for the carpet a couple weeks ago.  No.  The first thing was to be the electrical, then drywall, then painting, hardwood floor and then carpet.  We are 6 days from my due date, with a planned homebirth and the electrical isn't done.  Calling a backup electrician.  Hopefully he can come tonight.  

My midwife is currently driving 8 hours away for her daughters wedding she will be back in 5 days.  !!!!Notice that is one day before my due date!!!   This I have made peace with, when I hired her this was not part of the calendar, and she and I had a great discussion and we picked a back up who is wonderful and my main mw felt terrible, but it wasn't her fault her daughter announced that her wedding date would be 3 days prior to my due date.   Unavoidable complication just kinda sucks for me.  

But this basement....and hubster is at work, so the decision making keeps being left to me and, whatdya know....I am not mentally capable of making any of these decisions.  I just feel like bawling instead of making really important decisions. My children (the three we already have earthside) take all I the mental energy I have right now.  The f*ed up electrician even messed up the clarity of our cable.  Which we NEVER watch.  Unless it's raining and I am a million bajillion months pregnant and let the kids watch a bit of PBS.  Which they really can't even do now, so that keeps them all in my face.  I love my children I love them in my face, except when everything relating to this is blowing up.    And I am aware that I am way out of proportion.  I know that my hormones are overkill right now and it's going to be fine.  Then the drywall guy (who owns the company but used to work with DH before he started it and whose wife still works with DH) keeps saying that he would rather do it right and have it be a week later than planned then to do the job as is.  I know he's trying to be kind and he's really trying to do right by my husband, thereby subsequently our family, but he doesn't get what it is to be this pregnant and have a planned homebirth here in this house.    I have other places that I could go.  Hospital, a friends house, etc, but I WANT TO BE AT HOME.  I want to be happy here, feel comfortable here and it's not happening right now. I hate it.  

Ok.  Thank you ladies.  Even if no one has read or is rolling their eyes ( which I want to do at myself:lol ) it has been cathartic to get this out of my system.

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#146 of 181 Old 05-31-2011, 07:49 AM

I agree with the lice/ringworm stuff.  It's not cool and is so annoying to be on the receiving end.   Hopefully the ringworm is better soon!

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#147 of 181 Old 05-31-2011, 09:08 AM

Oh my gosh! I have butterflies right now! I'm applying for a Nursing Scholarship Program through the US Government and I'm submitting all of my documentation right now so that I can finish the application. If I'm accepted the program will pay my school expenses (tuition, fees, books) AND I'll get a monthly living stipend on top of that. This means that I won't have to worry about my student loans running out, or applying to more scholarships, or any of that! It would be such an answer to many prayers. the best part is that the stipend would be about equal to what I was making when I was working full-time before I quit to go back to school. Not having to stress out about money constantly would be so wonderful!!

Jenni

#148 of 181 Old 05-31-2011, 09:58 AM

How awesome.  What a blessing that would be!

#149 of 181 Old 05-31-2011, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

hug2.gifhang in there !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max'sMama View Post

I am so not in a good place right now. I think the only other people that can understand are those that are 18 thousand months pregnant, so I am going to vent here so that I don't go insane. We are finishing our basement.  Everything that can go wrong pretty much has, it was to be done save for the carpet a couple weeks ago.  No.  The first thing was to be the electrical, then drywall, then painting, hardwood floor and then carpet.  We are 6 days from my due date, with a planned homebirth and the electrical isn't done.  Calling a backup electrician.  Hopefully he can come tonight.  

My midwife is currently driving 8 hours away for her daughters wedding she will be back in 5 days.  !!!!Notice that is one day before my due date!!!   This I have made peace with, when I hired her this was not part of the calendar, and she and I had a great discussion and we picked a back up who is wonderful and my main mw felt terrible, but it wasn't her fault her daughter announced that her wedding date would be 3 days prior to my due date.   Unavoidable complication just kinda sucks for me.  

But this basement....and hubster is at work, so the decision making keeps being left to me and, whatdya know....I am not mentally capable of making any of these decisions.  I just feel like bawling instead of making really important decisions. My children (the three we already have earthside) take all I the mental energy I have right now.  The f*ed up electrician even messed up the clarity of our cable.  Which we NEVER watch.  Unless it's raining and I am a million bajillion months pregnant and let the kids watch a bit of PBS.  Which they really can't even do now, so that keeps them all in my face.  I love my children I love them in my face, except when everything relating to this is blowing up.    And I am aware that I am way out of proportion.  I know that my hormones are overkill right now and it's going to be fine.  Then the drywall guy (who owns the company but used to work with DH before he started it and whose wife still works with DH) keeps saying that he would rather do it right and have it be a week later than planned then to do the job as is.  I know he's trying to be kind and he's really trying to do right by my husband, thereby subsequently our family, but he doesn't get what it is to be this pregnant and have a planned homebirth here in this house.    I have other places that I could go.  Hospital, a friends house, etc, but I WANT TO BE AT HOME.  I want to be happy here, feel comfortable here and it's not happening right now. I hate it.  

Ok.  Thank you ladies.  Even if no one has read or is rolling their eyes ( which I want to do at myself:lol ) it has been cathartic to get this out of my system.

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#150 of 181 Old 05-31-2011, 10:32 AM

Oh, my gosh, Jenni! I'm so excited for you! What break that would be hug2.gif The financial stuff always weighs on me a lot, even with 2 incomes. It's hard to be the parent we want to be when we're wondering how to pay our bills.

That also sucks about your VBAC. It's probably the same situation here in Canada, but I'm just not aware of VBAC stuff. Hopefully the membrane sweeps will help. You can always ask to have them done more frequently as the deadline approaches.

This is actually not the first bout of ringworm that we've had in our family; I got it a few years back, possibly from DH's dog, and it kept coming back for a few months, but I didn't know back then that the spores stayed in things like sheets and pillows, floors and towels.  I just got back from Wal Mart with a big box of Borax and I'm gonna go nuts tonight after DD goes to bed. But first I need a nap thumb.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page