The Prodromal Labor thread... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#31 of 45 Old 05-29-2011, 06:58 PM
 
flavorgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: southern california
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

reading this thread has me excited! sounds like we'll be getting some babies soon! i've been having the loose stools/diarrhea too (clearing the way for baby?), as well as nausea and being really thirsty. it's like the first trimester all over again. actually, not nearly so bad as the first trimester. i've also been having sharp pains in my cervix and low in my abdomen, i figure they are too sudden and short to be contractions, but something is definitely going on down there! part of me wants another week or two to get stuff done, but another part of me is so ready to hold my long awaited baby in my arms. 

flavorgirl is offline  
#32 of 45 Old 05-29-2011, 11:18 PM
 
MaryElizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Fort Bragg
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ditto to the indigestion-- two days now....ugh! ctx and cervical pains. Also, a lot of low back aches and pressure down below. 

 

This is such a new game for me! With DD I had zero symptoms until labor/induction day!


Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
MaryElizabeth is offline  
#33 of 45 Old 05-30-2011, 09:03 PM
 
Klynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: On a Hill
Posts: 1,110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been following along on this thread and I'm not sure I have prodromal labor but maybe some of you can identify... (I'm 36.1 weeks) the last few days I've felt just like I'm going to start my period, crampy unsettled stomach/intestines, and very loose frequent bm's (like 4x a day). I've checked my cervix, I'm soft and maybe a bit dilated. Any one else have a bout like this?

I even asked dh if there was something funky with dinner last night because I woke up in the middle of the night feeling crampy and had to go, and it was loose. (sorry, tmi).

I went over 40 weeks with both my previous births, but I never felt like this until week 40...


I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

Klynne is offline  
#34 of 45 Old 05-30-2011, 09:52 PM
 
ceriserenee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies, looks like I am going to be moving over here from the May thread. I was due May 24th, but still hanging around! I know a few of you from that thread as well...

I have been having prodromal labor since 36 weeks. I was 1 cm dilated at my 36 week appt. and then, 1+ at my 37nd week with 50% effacement...Now at 41 weeks I am almost 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced and was having contractions every 10 minutes or so for 24 hours...and then I went and got a stretch and sweep from my midwife (Since I am now 41 weeks) and after that contractions stopped and now there is just an odd twinge here and there. It is so frustrating and although this is my second baby, the first was a scheduled c-section due to size of baby...so I never got to feel labor. 


Now here I am trying for my VBAC and really hoping to get it!

 

Anyway, wanted to share my experience and also introduce myself a bit! 

 

good luck ladies on you labors and I will be sending good vibes out to everyone:D


Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

ceriserenee is offline  
#35 of 45 Old 05-31-2011, 06:09 AM
 
jshannyn519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post

I've been following along on this thread and I'm not sure I have prodromal labor but maybe some of you can identify... (I'm 36.1 weeks) the last few days I've felt just like I'm going to start my period, crampy unsettled stomach/intestines, and very loose frequent bm's (like 4x a day). I've checked my cervix, I'm soft and maybe a bit dilated. Any one else have a bout like this?

I even asked dh if there was something funky with dinner last night because I woke up in the middle of the night feeling crampy and had to go, and it was loose. (sorry, tmi).

I went over 40 weeks with both my previous births, but I never felt like this until week 40...

 

I have actual contractions that I can feel, but I also have that crampy, unsettled intestines feeling along with them. Since it's been consistently happening for 11 days now, I'm pretty sure it's not something I ate.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by ceriserenee View Post

Hi ladies, looks like I am going to be moving over here from the May thread. I was due May 24th, but still hanging around! I know a few of you from that thread as well...

I have been having prodromal labor since 36 weeks. I was 1 cm dilated at my 36 week appt. and then, 1+ at my 37nd week with 50% effacement...Now at 41 weeks I am almost 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced and was having contractions every 10 minutes or so for 24 hours...and then I went and got a stretch and sweep from my midwife (Since I am now 41 weeks) and after that contractions stopped and now there is just an odd twinge here and there. It is so frustrating and although this is my second baby, the first was a scheduled c-section due to size of baby...so I never got to feel labor. 


Now here I am trying for my VBAC and really hoping to get it!

 

Anyway, wanted to share my experience and also introduce myself a bit! 

 

good luck ladies on you labors and I will be sending good vibes out to everyone:D


Welcome! I'm VBACing too, although I had two natural births before the c/s so I do know what labor feels like. However, each pregnancy and labor is so different! This time around I'm dealing with things that I didn't have before and it's frustrating!

 


Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

jshannyn519 is offline  
#36 of 45 Old 05-31-2011, 05:44 PM
 
Klynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: On a Hill
Posts: 1,110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by jshannyn519 View Post



 

I have actual contractions that I can feel, but I also have that crampy, unsettled intestines feeling along with them. Since it's been consistently happening for 11 days now, I'm pretty sure it's not something I ate.

 



 

Lol, yeah, I don't think it's something I ate either. I'm going on day three, though it's usually always accompanied by bh's. So this is my fate for 4+ weeks.... guess I'll make the best out of it and use this as relaxation practice for labor. ;)


I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

Klynne is offline  
#37 of 45 Old 05-31-2011, 06:04 PM
 
kawa kamuri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,867
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post
Lol, yeah, I don't think it's something I ate either. I'm going on day three, though it's usually always accompanied by bh's. So this is my fate for 4+ weeks.... guess I'll make the best out of it and use this as relaxation practice for labor. ;)


That's totally a late pregnancy thing for me as well. 


Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

 
       

kawa kamuri is offline  
#38 of 45 Old 06-02-2011, 05:13 PM
 
jshannyn519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ugh. I keep feeling all this pressure, like I need to have a BM and then I go and sit and nothing happens. It's been happening alllll dayyyyy loooonggggg. And my ctx are still following the same non-pattern pattern. Except that the ctx are longer and more intense than before. I'm about to go find a book and park my hiney on the toilet and just sit there for a couple of hours. LOL

 

I really wish that this hemorrhoid hadn't just popped up within the last couple of days because it makes sitting on the toilet rather uncomfortable because of all that extra pressure.

 

However, on a good note, I did check my cervix again earlier and it's lower and more open and more effaced than it was before and baby's head is RIGHT THERE. I could have a baby by the end of the weekend!!


Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

jshannyn519 is offline  
#39 of 45 Old 06-03-2011, 09:39 AM
 
sharita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 412
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by jshannyn519 View Post

Ugh. I keep feeling all this pressure, like I need to have a BM and then I go and sit and nothing happens. It's been happening alllll dayyyyy loooonggggg. And my ctx are still following the same non-pattern pattern. Except that the ctx are longer and more intense than before. I'm about to go find a book and park my hiney on the toilet and just sit there for a couple of hours. LOL

 

I really wish that this hemorrhoid hadn't just popped up within the last couple of days because it makes sitting on the toilet rather uncomfortable because of all that extra pressure.

 

However, on a good note, I did check my cervix again earlier and it's lower and more open and more effaced than it was before and baby's head is RIGHT THERE. I could have a baby by the end of the weekend!!



exciting!!!!

 

 

I had my first real bout of prodromal labor last night.  The kind that actually got me excited, lol.  Baby dropped down deep into my pelvis yesterday and I could tell immediately because of how much worse all the pressure and SPD became.  Also, I finally lost some of my plug.  Just a tad and nothing red or pink tinged but its a start.  Woke up this morning and had a little more but nothing to get too excited over.  Baby is so low and I am finally feeling like it could be soon.  Yay!

 


 homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

sharita is offline  
#40 of 45 Old 06-09-2011, 10:54 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 626
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

You can check your own cervix?


 

Quote:

 

However, on a good note, I did check my cervix again earlier and it's lower and more open and more effaced than it was before and baby's head is RIGHT THERE. I could have a baby by the end of the weekend!!



 


single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
girlspn is online now  
#41 of 45 Old 06-09-2011, 10:59 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 626
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

I've been having contractions for almost a week now, and during some hours regularly every 5-10 minutes, but still nothing. Got cervix checked at the doctor's a few days ago.. cervix soft but hardly any dilation. I'm 39 weeks only though....  at first my obgyn said she thought I'd deliver by 39 weeks because the baby dropped 3 weeks ago. My dh and I got excited that contractions were happening with some cramping, but now it's been going on for awhile and nothing's changed. Also no sign of mucus plug. The waiting continues!!! 


single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
girlspn is online now  
#42 of 45 Old 06-20-2011, 05:49 PM
 
ceriserenee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I realized I never updated here, We lost our little boy during labor and I posted my birth story on the May thread, since I had been very active over there. 

Hope all is well with you and your babies. 

 

Blessings to all of you, 

 

Cerise


Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

ceriserenee is offline  
#43 of 45 Old 06-20-2011, 07:35 PM
 
Seuriu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Cerise I read your post and my heart breaks for you. I hope you and your family are healing and I wish you the best of luck.

 

I am 39 weeks today and this is my second week of prodromal labour. I'm still having contractions daily - sometimes they are closer together than others (they were around 5 minutes apart earlier today but stopped when i had a nap) and they are painful sometimes! I've been in a terrible mood for the last two days - been really restless, sweaty, irritable and bitchy. I lost a good portion of the plug and had some show the other day, but I'm not sure if it was due to having an exam the day before. It was over 24 hours in between though. This waiting game is frustrating!


Mama to Arielle babyf.gif07/01/11

Seuriu is offline  
#44 of 45 Old 06-20-2011, 08:00 PM
 
jshannyn519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Cerise I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I am glad that you were able to have the labor that you promised him, despite the unfortunate outcome. Peace to you and yours as you heal.


Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

jshannyn519 is offline  
#45 of 45 Old 06-20-2011, 11:40 PM
 
Smokering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 8,610
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Cerise - I am so, so sorry.


If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Smokering is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off