Mothering Forum banner

Our sweet baby is gone

3K views 47 replies 48 participants last post by  The Harpy 
#1 ·
I don't how to share such sad news with all of you who are headed into such happy times. Our baby came at 36 weeks exactly the morning of May 24th, she was breech and with the help of my wonderful doctor I was able to birth her vaginally. We found out quickly that something was very wrong. She had a genetic disorder known as osteogenesis imperfecta, also known as brittle bone disease. It was but a day later that we found she had a severe bleed in her brain and that the machines were the only thing keeping our sweet baby with us. We let her go to God around 7pm May 26th. I'll post more later somewhere on the site and throw a link up here for those who wish to read it. We named her Persephone Grace, she was 5 pounds plus a smidge and 14 inches. We gave her so much love. We are surrounded now with our friends and family and the love they gave both her and Chris and I. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers during this time.

#12 ·
I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a beautiful little girl with a beautiful name. Praying for peace and healing for you and your family.

#20 ·
I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Persephone Grace. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Be gentle with yourself mama. Much love.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.