Losing it, I swear! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 06-01-2011, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Why is it, every pregnancy, no matter how much we know there is no sure fire way to induce or encourage a baby to come before they want to besides medical means such as pitocin, etc, yet everytime we reach that point in pregnancy (whether it be 37-38 weeks or 41-42) when we are just fed up, we search the internet for natural induction methods or things other women claim worked for them as if we are gonna all of a sudden find that magic technique, that little advertised secret that really works to bring on labor?  I swear it is insanity!!!

I caught myself reading about fresh pinapple, cumin tea, bumpy car rides, eggplant parmesan, castor oil, sex, nipple stimulation, and all that stuff for the billionth time as if I had never read it before with each and every pregnancy.  I am certain there is nothing new out there that does anything more or it would be more widely known.  Its just so hard sometimes to sit and wait on baby to come when they feel like it though I know this is best because there has to be a reason they are still in there, besides wanting me to suffer, haha.

I just wonder if anyone else was sharing in this insanity having done the whole waiting on baby before and knowing trying to hurry the process doesn't work, still find themselves insanely thinking (or not thinking) that they will stumble upon something they havent tried or heard of before to get things going?  lol.  I can't be the only one losing it at this point.

I use igoogle for my homepage and can put widgets and such up.  I had a countdown timer set for 37 weeks for me and annouced I was "full term" then I changed it to 40 weeks for my due date.  So today when it announced all my timers were expired, I decided to reset it for 2 weeks overdue.  Now I have 13 more days to drive myself insane, lol.  But maybe seeing that 13 days slowly unwind everytime I getonline, instead of focusing on how many days over my due date I am, will help me not seem so rushed.

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#2 of 17 Old 06-01-2011, 12:46 PM

I've always been one to go well past EDD. My #4 and #5 were both born well into the 41st week. I don't yet feel crazy crazy to get this baby, who's due on the 10th, born but check with me in two weeks. Right now I'm kinda zen about it - I'm going to be living on baby time for a while, I'll do everything based on his needs and waiting for his birthday is no exception. I know that someday in June I'll be holding this little one in my arms. I told my SO last night that this is the month he'll meet his son and I just think it's all so sweet. 

NEXT WEEK WOULD BE GREAT whistling.gif My calendar is wide open and the older kids are still in school. 

With that said, I'm doing what I can to gently encourage his birth before I gestate as long as an elephant - seeing a chiro, orally taking and inserting EPO, taking Birth-Prep, sex. What really gets me are the weeks and the days that pass where I'm always thinking and questioning and wondering if THESE contractions and THIS crampy feeling is going to be it. And it never seems to be.

Hang in there, lady.  

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#3 of 17 Old 06-01-2011, 01:11 PM

I'm way too impatient to do nothing to try and get baby out. Of course, I'm also the kind of person that picks at zits and bug bites, so it's in my nature to "pick" at the baby too. I'm hopeless!

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#4 of 17 Old 06-01-2011, 03:04 PM

sharita, i feel your pain. hang in there, mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa kamuri View Post

With that said, I'm doing what I can to gently encourage his birth before I gestate as long as an elephant - seeing a chiro, orally taking and inserting EPO, taking Birth-Prep, sex. What really gets me are the weeks and the days that pass where I'm always thinking and questioning and wondering if THESE contractions and THIS crampy feeling is going to be it. And it never seems to be.

i'm out of epo as of tonight. and my birth prep is nearly gone. :-/ guess i'm just down to nipple stim and sex, lol... oh, and i guess if i get really desperate, i might try acupuncture...

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#5 of 17 Old 06-01-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post

and my birth prep is nearly gone. :-/ guess i'm just down to nipple stim and sex, lol... oh, and i guess if i get really desperate, i might try acupuncture...

I just ordered another bottle this morning. It's not unheard of that I'll be pregnant til 41+w and I've read that they're good to take PP so what the heck. I keep hoping they're magic and I'll have my baby sooner rather than later. But not tonight. Soon, but not tonight. 

#6 of 17 Old 06-01-2011, 08:23 PM

I am so there too!

Jenni, the zits  & bug bites made me laugh because I could swear you were talking about me!  

I am only 37+5 but I am SO DONE.  I don't know what it is this time.  I don't remember being this impatient with the last pregnancy.  Some of it is that this baby has to come, so that we can move to another state, and I'm so done with California.  And I am just ready to be a family of 4 and I am VERY tired of being pregnant!

So, Sharita, yes I am browsing the internet and setting countdown timers too hide.gif

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

#7 of 17 Old 06-01-2011, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

So uncomfortable.  I am having so many BH contractions so frequently.  They died down in the warm bath but now they are back.  Of course this has been hours and they arent getting any stronger but ouch!  They are lasting longer than they were a week ago though so I am getting closer (yay!)  The worst though is the posterior baby who puts so much pressure on your rectum.  I feel like I am trying to hold a bowling ball in my butt!  Ugh!  Haha, come on baby!

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#8 of 17 Old 06-02-2011, 05:16 AM

I am achy achy achy.  I've been reading up on natural induction as well, like I did the last two pregnancies of course.  But so many of them sound just terrible. Castor oil?  Never!!  A friend of mine swears by acupuncture.  She had her first child a year ago, and was actually a good week and a half early which she attributes to the acupuncture.  I'm seriously not motivated enough to even google a practitioner in my area.  That means driving to appointments, which are finally slowing down!  Between midwife appointments, chiropractor appointments, dietician appointments, and the kids' regular stuff....I'm SO DONE with sitting in waiting rooms.

I drank the RRL tea last time and it seemed to help.  It certainly didn't put me into labour, but I brewed myself a pot when I started having mild contractions  one morning, and gave birth by noon that day.  A far cry from my 2.5 days of active in-hospital labour with my first child. I plan to pick up some more and will start drinking it after Saturday (seriously TOO much to do until after Saturday, but she can come then if she'd like!) because really, it's a fairly safe one as far as the natural induction schemes are concerned.

Oh yes, and sex.  A friend of mine at work (male, of course) tried to convince me that you can ingest sperm orally and it has the same effect.  He even sent me googled studies (seriously you can prove ANYTHING with internet research).  I had a good laugh about that.  Whether it's true or not, it's difficult enough to even manage sex right now with my gigantic belly getting in the way, let alone contorting into a good position for, well, anything else. =P

And I plan to dig out my exercise ball just to use it as a computer chair and to hang out on during the day.  Whether it'll help or not, it doesn't really matter.  I find it very comfortable in late pregnancy, and it seems to help open everything up.  It's got to be more comfortable than the little bench I'm currently sitting on!  I miss my super expensive and amazing ergonomic chair of awesomeness at work.  But not enough to go back. ;)

#9 of 17 Old 06-02-2011, 05:36 AM

When did y'all begin the EPO?

Hang in there everybody!!

Mama to my 4-year-old lil' man and with a new little one on the way.
#10 of 17 Old 06-02-2011, 07:53 AM

Nikki I'm in the same boat with the aches. My lower back and hips have been extra sore and achy the last couple of days and I'm sure it's directly related to the prodromal/early labor. My exercise ball does help up to a point, but after a while any sitting just makes the hip pain worse.

I've looked at all kinds of natural induction techniques too, but I just don't have the energy to do anything about them. I could do some acupressure, but it kind of hurts so I'd rather not.

I might go get some EPO and try that. I wonder if we have any here in the house already...

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#11 of 17 Old 06-02-2011, 04:11 PM

So what the heck do you do, exactly, with the EPO?

I was also frustrated to discover today that NEITHER of the grocery stores in my small town sell RRL tea.  What the hell? =(

#12 of 17 Old 06-02-2011, 05:02 PM

I take EPO orally and vaginally. It probably makes no difference aside from giving me the illusion that I have any control over this wild ride. 

#13 of 17 Old 06-02-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nikki~ View Post

So what the heck do you do, exactly, with the EPO?

I was also frustrated to discover today that NEITHER of the grocery stores in my small town sell RRL tea.  What the hell? =(

I got a huge bag of RRL tea from amazon for like $6 or $8 and it shipped super fast.  

Working, freshly graduated! mama.  Loving life with DHguitar.gif , DD 7/09energy.gif, and DS 06/11 babyboy.gif.

#14 of 17 Old 06-02-2011, 08:18 PM

I wonder if I am the only one thinking this babe SHOULD stay put!?  I'd love to go a bit overdue--too much to do! But, I'm sure he'll be here sometime 18-22nd as that'll be about the same timeframe I always go in that 38/39th week. I need him to stay put past the 11th so I can get my last day of scheduled work done, food co-op I organize delivery day, and my garage sale (yeah...garage sale 9 mos pregnant....LOL). My household stuff just arrived from Puerto Rico end of May and I am just now getting to the unpacking/putting away point so I'd love a little longer to get that done!  And also the sorting/prepping for garage sale of course. Add to all that our area has been flooded and we've had off an on no water/no power/no phone/no way out for the last few weeks. We're remote and it's 60 mi one way to medical care, but with the road closed due to flooding it went up to 140 mi one way and probably a good 2.5 hrs. But, now it's down and you can drive through the 3-4" of water and get to 'town' again. Then today.....my water went out for good until I get my pump replaced.  Thank goodness my older kiddos can haul water for animals! That's HARD work and they are understanding just HOW much water it takes to flush the toilet LOL 

Soooo I will gladly forward any labor vibes that attempt to head towards me......to anyone else here who wants them ;)

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#15 of 17 Old 06-02-2011, 08:21 PM

Holly, I would totally agree that you probably could stand to keep that baby in there a little longer! You sure do have a lot going on.

Out of curiosity, are you on SMO?

Jenni

#16 of 17 Old 06-02-2011, 09:07 PM
fjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlemama0507 View Post

When did y'all begin the EPO?

Hang in there everybody!!

I was recommended to do the EPO suppositories starting at 38 weeks. I take a pin (sterilized), poke a little hole in the gel cap, and pop 'er in right before bed.

SAHM (32) Married to DH (32). Loving my DD ('06), DS ('08), and DD ('11)

#17 of 17 Old 06-02-2011, 11:33 PM

Jenni, I was yes :) That's where I met my IPs. I go back and read/post once in a while, but not as much as I should!

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page