*June is Here!! Bring on the babies!!- Week 1 Chat Thread* - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 152 Old 06-04-2011, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
I can't hardly reach my feet anymore so it was quite an experience!

I know, right?! When I finally tweezed out the offending shard I hobbled to the kitchen to get rid of it, and DD was all "Why you walking like that? The glass came out!", and it was like "Yeah, kid, but I'm nine months pregnant and was in a contortionist position for half an hour... you'll understand some day".

Felt vaguely ill last night, which again led to some insomnia as I contemplated whether or not it could be a sign of early labour, and the pros and cons thereof. I eventually decided I didn't want it to be, because I was sleepy and have some fun stuff planned for this week. :p It wasn't, anyway. Hey, is it totally ridiculous for me to start sleeping on a towel, just in case my water breaks at night? We don't have much in the way of mattress protection. I know waters don't usually break before labour, but... thoughts?

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#92 of 152 Old 06-04-2011, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max'sMama View Post

Ok, so I am contracting regularly enough that I actually called my midwife.  Well the back up and am going to get in touch with the photographer.  Today will be awesome, but I have so much yet to do today.  Soccer, dance, family at the house.  Ah, maybe it's baby time today.

Exciting!!!!!

today is a huge let down considering yesterday seemed so promising.  I just felt like things were happening yesterday.  Today, i am not even having any real significant BH contractions like I have been the last few days.  Yesterday i was losing plug, everything.  Today, my body and uterus has gone strangely quiet though baby is still really active.   Maybe its the calm before the storm, lol.

On a more aggrivating note, I have gallbladder disease and deal with severely painful attacks every so often.  I haven't had one in quite a while though.  Yeah, it should have been removed yrs ago its so filled with stones but something always came up.  Lost insurance, a pre-surgical false positive on a pregnancy test (yep, the universe really didnt want me gettting it out that day, lol)  So here I am having had issues since before 2005 and still have it.  Pregnancy always aggrivates it.  The pain is so bad, sometimes i end up in the ER because it feels like I have a knife in my ribs and someone just keeps twisting and twisting it.  Then, they set it on fire just for wow factor, lol.  They ER will sometimes give a narcotic pain med in IV (even while pregnant) sometimes not, I dont ask if they dont offer I just go in for the bloodwork if its severe enough because I have to watch out for it causing pancreatitis as that is life threatening and I have had an attack cause that before and not know it until i went in and was hospitalized.

Anyhoo, I have been having pinching pain in my gallbladder for days now but no attack and today I just figured out why.  She has her feet there and is kicking and stretching her legs pushing against my very sensitive touchy gallbladder and making it hurt.  I keep preparing myself for an attack as this hurts just like the start of them but its just her.  She is in so much trouble when she gets here! 

As far as still being pregnant, I am only 3 days past my DD.  No biggie I guess.  Though today I did for a few minutes consider a small dose of castor oil and for some reason ended up on youtube watching all these women down castor oil and videoing their results.  They all just ended up with horribly painful diarrhea and had their babies a week or two later.  Changed my mind, lol.

DH thinks it will be tonight though.  I think that is just because its his sisters bday and she rented out this VIP section in this club and its all poshy and he is stopping in after he gets off work this evening IF I haven't gone into labor.  I think he just says tonight because he is afraid he wont be able to go (he doesn't go out much like that but used to all the time before we got together and our first baby together so daddy has settled down so much).  I had a weird feeling this weekend would be it too.  Not looking good for tonight though but ya never know I guess.  I woke up with the liquid stools again but thats nothing new, been on and off for a week, no two weeks so I dont put stock into any of that now. 

Darn, the more I think about it, that castor oil sure is tempting...then again, do I reallly want that burning bum again?  Nah.

This awesome kids consignment shop near me called "Once upon a child" guess its a chain and they have them everywhere, was having this huge clearance sale today.  They sell used (but almost like new, no staining or visible wear really) and gear such as bumbos swings, high chairs, shoes, all the way up to like preteen sizes, maybe 12 14 yr olds.  I love this place because as great of a deal it is, DH's friend owns this one and gives us like 40% off the already cheap price everytime we go.  Anyway, the clearance was 50% from open to 11, then 60% then ending in like 70% by closing time.  I was all for going and looked forward to it for a week until last night I saw their facebook post about people camping outside the doors in tents the night before.  WHAT???  Its that serious???  LIke black friday serious???  Me and my due any day self aint camping out just to get in the store.  So DH called his friend and asked if it was really all that or if that was a facebook exaggeration and he said no its really that big and women fight over onesies and such so i decided to pass.  All I needed was basic onesies and cotton pants and sleepers and stuff, not worth the aggrivation to my SPD.  If I don't fight the madness on black friday, i aint doing it for some onesies that I can get a deal on anyday of the week anyway with our connection, lol.  So, I did nothing today and didnt get out of the house at all. 

As I was typing this, the weather got really interesting and went from super sunny to 8pm like dark outside (though its only 4:30) and its looking pretty forboding.  Maybe a nice summer storm.  Who knows, maybe the barametric pressure will start labor for me.  Or, maybe I will pass by that cabinet one more time where that castor oil is calling me from the shelf.  Yep, I have lost it too now, lolololol

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#93 of 152 Old 06-04-2011, 03:46 PM

Well, we planned a party for 7:30 tonight. I got home from work about 6:15 and two of hubby's friends from out of town and a friend of one of theirs are already here and apparently have been for a while. I asked hubby what was for dinner and he stared blankly at me and said "Vegetables?" (veggies and dip being a snack which we'd planned for the party). We planned for later in the evening so we would not have to feed all our friends dinner since that's sort of, well, expensive and we don't really have enough places to sit anyway. Now I'm upstairs and they're downstairs. Hubby said he'd cook me something. I feel like I'm living in a frat house. I had really been counting on getting home from work and getting a little time to decompress, eat, maybe take a nap, before everything started. And hubby did not really clean up like he said he would (most of the cleanup was already done but there were a few little things he was supposed to tend to). Granted he spent most of the day at Ikea but still, it would have taken him 2 minutes to fling stuff in out-of-the-way places so that, oh, my bras aren't in plain sight. I wish his friends wouldn't have come over so far in advance. I don't know if they asked him about this or if they just showed up. I don't know, I just don't want to deal with this right now.

At least being pregnant is a good excuse for eating when nobody else is and not offering them any. But enh.

#94 of 152 Old 06-04-2011, 06:02 PM

Smokering, I've been tempted to put a towel down too, even though I've never had SROM with any of my other babies. But there's a first time for everything. My main issue is that in the evenings I'll just wear this simple cotton skirt I have with no panties underneath since I'm pulling them down 8000 times a night to pee. But things are starting to get juicier down there and I really don't want that all over my skirt and/or my office chair. I put a towel down, but I have plenty of chux if I need those as well.

Sharita I would swear that we're sharing a body! Except I still have 10 days (not counting the rest of today) until my EDD. I've been having all these contractions and last night there were some BIG ones and quite a few where there was significant cervical twinging and such. Today, maybe 8 contractions all day long. And I was walking all over the place! So apparently walking isn't going to do much to send me into labor. I was wondering if this is the calm before the storm as well. I'll be taking more of the liquid cal/mag tonight because my legs have been trying to cramp up all day long and it's horribly uncomfortable. I won't be doing the castor oil treatment. I can't stand drinking oil of any kind, for any reason, so that remedy is O-U-T.

Erigeron, if there ever was a time to eat real food while everyone else munches like bunnies, this is the time! Besides, if one of his friends gets really hungry he can call out for a pizza or something. At least you can retreat to another part of the house while he has his man party. After a long day I wouldn't feel up to entertaining anyone, much less a group of men.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#95 of 152 Old 06-04-2011, 06:54 PM

Smokering-I put down a waterproof pad around 37w. I guess it's my way of celebrating being term. Not that my waters have ever broken before labour, but the pad is surprisingly useful for when DD comes into my bed sans diaper and pees everywhere...irked.gif

I'm so jealous of all the contracting mamas...Monday is coming verrry quickly...and still nothing more than 30 sec mild, irregular contractions (or maybe they're BH?) and some plug and bloody show, despite vigorous walking, sex, squats, nipple stim, Blue and Black Cohash, EPO everywhere, acupuncture since Thursday.  I got a call from my MW this morning that they were at the hospital and would I mind coming in to get my membranes swept. I called my mom to drive me because they didn't want me coming on my own, especially with DD (DH works most Saturdays). While I was there they did an NST, and baby is "textbook perfect" love.gif  I am still not dialated enough for them to break my waters as a method of induction, so tonight I will be trying an enema thumb.gif A girlfriend of mine has also offered me some oil that she said helped keep her labour moving when she rubbed it on her belly...can't remember the name though. I just read someone's birth story about having Pit during labour and not taking an epidural, so I know it can be done, but I'd rather get out of the hospital with no holes in me at all.  I am having TERRIBLE pain between my legs, like my vag is broken, ever since going for a 2 hr walk pushing the stroller today whistling.gif  

I decided to send DD over to my mom's this afternoon, so that DH and I could have a night together and get a few things done tomorrow if I am not in labour. It's about 90% certain that they will be calling me Monday morning (at 6:30!) to tell me that they have an opening for an induction that day. At least I will be dealing with labour after a night's sleep. And it's kinda cool having an end date on the calendar. My last induction was a surprise one.

We both are missing DD like crazy, but it's nice to be just adults together. He and I went to Wal Mart this evening to buy the enema and he will help me out afterwards. We also bought cherry swirl cheesecake eat.gif and just had a piece of said cheesecake with some coffee. I swear he thought I was gonna die in Wal Mart from the way I was walking, lol! Too funny! I forget how much we laugh together, we've both been so busy lately.  Oh, yes, and I almost forgot to buy a pack of disposable diapers for the first 2 weeks while baby still has her cord on / I am recovering from the shock of having TWO little people to take care of :) 

I'm supposed to be doing the enema at 10, and I still want to wash the kitchen...maybe I should get off MDC and get on with it...grrr....

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#96 of 152 Old 06-04-2011, 07:03 PM

I've been sleeping on top of a thick duvet for the last few nights. I doubt I'll need it, but there's no harm having it there just in case!

Uff, I'm annoyed with DH. Our house looked like a bomb hit it, and my contractions have been really bad the last two days, so I asked him to please help me tidy up a bit. So he very grudgingly helped out for about 20-30 minutes, then went and crashed on the sofa, leaving me on my own to finish it. I know he was a little tired, but c'mon! I'm 9 months pregnant, with SPD, possibly in labor, and I managed to suck it up and get it done. I don't know how he could just sit there watching me hobbling around by myself. Maybe it's the hormones speaking, but I've been feeling let down by him a lot recently. greensad.gif

On the plus side, the house is now semi-presentable. Oh, and I also found TWO more bags full of newborn clothes that I hadn't noticed before. I can't believe I was out buying new stuff! We now have so much that this baby could probably go a month without ever wearing the same outfit twice.

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

#97 of 152 Old 06-04-2011, 07:05 PM

It just occurred to me that I can hook myself up to the breast pump to see if that does anything! Why didn't this occur to me before? Although, I'm 1000000% sure that I wouldn't have gone into labor today, and if I had been in labor today it would have stopped, because today is Baby Daddy's birthday. He was pushing me to schedule a repeat c/s for today so that he could "finally have a baby born on [his] birthday." Gee, what a great reason for me to schedule major abdominal surgery that carries a big risk of death for both me AND your son, you ignorant twit! Now that today has safely passed, unless by some miracle I go from ZERO contractions (not even BH) to a baby in the next 2 hours and 56 minutes, I will have the admittedly perverse satisfaction of not having given birth on his birthday. And baby won't have to share with a father that probably won't ever have anything to do with him, poor little baby.  :(

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#98 of 152 Old 06-04-2011, 08:13 PM

Ahh, sweet relief!  I had my little one this evening at 7:44.  So I was in labor the whole time!  I can't wait for everyone else's birth goes as they plan for it to!

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#99 of 152 Old 06-04-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:

Ahh, sweet relief!  I had my little one this evening at 7:44.  So I was in labor the whole time!  I can't wait for everyone else's birth goes as they plan for it to!

Yay! Congrats! Enjoy your new little bunny! Hopefully I'm right behind you. :)

Jenni

#100 of 152 Old 06-04-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:

Woo-hoo!! Congrats mama!! Can't wait to hear more!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#101 of 152 Old 06-04-2011, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

Congratulations mama!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
#102 of 152 Old 06-04-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshannyn519 View Post

Smokering, I've been tempted to put a towel down too, even though I've never had SROM with any of my other babies. But there's a first time for everything. My main issue is that in the evenings I'll just wear this simple cotton skirt I have with no panties underneath since I'm pulling them down 8000 times a night to pee. But things are starting to get juicier down there and I really don't want that all over my skirt and/or my office chair. I put a towel down, but I have plenty of chux if I need those as well.

Sharita I would swear that we're sharing a body! Except I still have 10 days (not counting the rest of today) until my EDD. I've been having all these contractions and last night there were some BIG ones and quite a few where there was significant cervical twinging and such. Today, maybe 8 contractions all day long. And I was walking all over the place! So apparently walking isn't going to do much to send me into labor. I was wondering if this is the calm before the storm as well. I'll be taking more of the liquid cal/mag tonight because my legs have been trying to cramp up all day long and it's horribly uncomfortable. I won't be doing the castor oil treatment. I can't stand drinking oil of any kind, for any reason, so that remedy is O-U-T.

Erigeron, if there ever was a time to eat real food while everyone else munches like bunnies, this is the time! Besides, if one of his friends gets really hungry he can call out for a pizza or something. At least you can retreat to another part of the house while he has his man party. After a long day I wouldn't feel up to entertaining anyone, much less a group of men.

I had mine break in my sleep last time but it was only enough to get me very damp and had to change my underwear but not pj pants, so just trickles.  I laid back down thinking I peed myself in my sleep to wake up wet again.  Again, only panties not pjs.  Then, I was about to lay down again when I got the gush so I didnt ruin the bed, lol.

Quote:

AWesome!!!!!!!!!!!!  Congrats and happy babymoon!

Okay ladies, I am weirded out.  Either this is some serious prodromal labor finally or something is going on with me.  So, I did a tbs full of castor oil.  Why I don't know, stools already loose, a bulging hemmroid, I just like to suffer I suppose.  I would never take more than 1 or 2 tbs though after some stuff I read and having done that with baby #2.  Anyway, surprisingly, it didn't cause diarrhea.  4-5 hours later I figured I was in the clear.  However, I was getting horrible sciatica.  Just sharpish pains shooting down the back of my theighs and deep in my butt cheeks.  No BH contractions even though.  Its like things just went quiet.

For the last hour or so though, I am getting really random but strong contraction deep in the pelvis that feel just like the real deal, not those high on the top of belly BH contrax that I have been having for weeks.  I haven't even attempted to time them but I dont THINK they are consistant and they are certainly longer one time and shorter the next.  Soooo real though.  Maybe its the start of the real deal (which could still be a few days away) or maybe not.  Its something different and at this point, anything different is exciting but I am not gonna get too excited.  its possible Ill just fall asleep and wake up tomorrow and NOTHING so I am just tellingmyself its prodromal kicking into high gear.

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#103 of 152 Old 06-04-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:

I am so jealous of everyone having their babies!  Yet at the same time not quite ready to have mine yetwink1.gif  I keep fearing that I will go into labor today.  Which would not be ideal.  Both my mom and MIL are going to be in town this am for my oldest child's last soccer game of the season and  my middle child's dance recital.  If I go into labor I will have to send them home.  Which would bite.  

DH thinks it's going to be this weekend.  Best friend thinks it's going to be the 8th.  I haven't a clue.  

I am so excited for everyone that is contracting.  Her I am contracting like crazy and can feel them in my cervix.  I can't remember who said that sitting in folding chairs is not the best for contracting earlier in the thread, but I concur!  Last night at dd's recital (day one of 2) we were in folding chair land and oh boy....yikes, not comfy at all.  I sort of want to mow the yard, but I have a feeling it would jack up my contractions and put me into laborlol.gif

This weeks thread is a fast mover- I hope I can keep up!

so thats the secret to going into labor, just say that you don't want it to be today, lol!!!  Congrats mama!

#104 of 152 Old 06-04-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharita View Post

For the last hour or so though, I am getting really random but strong contraction deep in the pelvis that feel just like the real deal, not those high on the top of belly BH contrax that I have been having for weeks. 

Oooooo! It sounds like it could be the real deal! I've had several of those deep pelvic ctx, some that came with sharp twinges in my cervix too. But they were totally random and scattered randomly along with the other ctx. I'd time them and see what they're doing, because I'm compulsive and can't help it. lol

Jenni

#105 of 152 Old 06-04-2011, 09:15 PM

Congrats!  Yay, a birth! =)

I am awake.  It is just past midnight.  My partner fell asleep on the couch, and his snoring woke me up from downstairs!  I shouted for him to get up to bed, nothing.  Yelled again.  Nothing.  Banged on the wall.  Nothing.  Clapped really loud.  Nothing.  This from a guy who is worried about a newborn keeping him up at night because he's a "very light sleeper."  Yeah right!  Anyway so upon waking up I got the absolute WORST heartburn/indigestion ever.  And of course, I'm out of Tums.  Of course I am. =(  So after attempting to sleep sitting up, and failing, I am now wide awake.  I guess it's not a terrible thing, considering I went to bed at 7:30pm.  I'm making a cup of herbal tea hoping it'll help me get back to sleep.  This is lame.  I want the baby out!

Oh, and since it's past midnight, today is my current baby's 6th birthday!  =)

#106 of 152 Old 06-04-2011, 09:26 PM

I hooked up the ol' breast pump to do some nipple stim and holy crap did it ever cause some contractions! Actually, it's like one long one that hasn't stopped yet. I had to turn the pump off because it was just too much.

Nikki, I thought both of my labors were indigestion. So you may be in labor!

Jenni

#107 of 152 Old 06-04-2011, 10:23 PM

Well I'm sitting up, still awake, been contracting since I first posted (an hour and a half ago it looks like?)  This has happened before, though.  I'm Captain Contractions anytime I want to get some sleep!!  I can still hear DH upstairs snoring away despite the breath rite strip I made him put on, haha, so bed is pointless right now.  He'll keep me awake if the contractions don't.

I'm busy putting together a playlist that I may or may not use during labour.  Last time I found it helpful just to have music to listen to in early labour while I was still at home, but wanted complete silence (except for my screaming of course, heh) at the hosptial.  So I'm picking and choosing songs while sipping some RRL tea, hoping that if these are "real" contractions, they'll pick up.  And if they're not real, they'll just go away so I can go back to bed!  Arrghh.

#108 of 152 Old 06-04-2011, 10:23 PM

Nikki: That's the pits! I ran out of Gaviscon in the middle of the night once, with horrible heartburn... it was awful. Hours of misery. You have my sympathies.

Max'sMama, congratulations! :)

I decided this afternoon that I'm no longer patient, and want to have the baby after all. No particular reason why, it just seemed like a good opportunity. :p So I had a nap and was all "Right, I'll wake up in labour". And then I didn't. (Shock! Surprise!) Probably just as well, I have things to do... but I'm kind of bored and hey, childbirth is as good a way as any to while away an afternoon, right? I must be going crazy...

#109 of 152 Old 06-04-2011, 10:51 PM

Okay mamas, what would you do if all of a sudden you started getting painful contraction every 3 mins or so, assumed they were BH since they were wayyy too close together to be the real thing if you could still talk and stufff through them.  Then, you noticed they were staying at that pace but they were indeed getting stronger.  Now, they required great concentration and were getting pretty painful.  STill anywhere from 2 to 4 mins apart depending on if you were walking, laying or sitting.  The heating pad was doing nothing.  So, you call your midwife though its 11:30, feel a little bad calling so late just to get her opinion since you dont know what it is yet, but hey its her job right?  Only, you cant reach her.  She doesnt answer and the pager number you have for her says: OUT OF SERVICE!!!  You text her as well.  Call her 4 times 5 mins apart, nothing.  You are home alone without a car with just a toddler.  DH is an hour away AT A CLUB! (his sisters b-day, lol I told him to go)  You know if you tell him to come home, he will NOT let you stay at home if midwife can't be gotten ahold of.  He will make you go to the hospital.  Would you freak out?

I kept my cool, decided to get into a very warm bath.  At first it does nothing to stop them, I realize I have no towels so I get out to get one and remember that a few oz of wine can also calm an irritated uterus (if thats what this is, and if it is, by golly I must have scorned the heck of of mine) so I yank the cork out of my cheap but sweet soft red and take a few chugs.  I get back in the warm water and lay on my side and try in the shallow tub to submerge my belly as much as possible.  I say a little prayer that if this is false labor just take it (but if its real, I will go with it, lol) because I am getting nervous kinda deep down at this point because the pool isn't blown up or anything, um and yeah, I am here alone. 

A few moments later, I realize they have slowed drastically.  I stay in as long as possible because everytime I turn to lay on the other side, it triggers another one and they are very deep in the pelvis hip squeezing contractions. 

I figured false labor or irritated uterus because of how close they were from very start but then I remembered, uh oh, all my labors were like that but one.  Most started out 3-5 mins apart mild contractions then really quickly got intense but always stayed that close.  Thats when I worried.  Got ahold of my mom she was willing to come but I am just one of those ppl that don't wanna inconvenience anyone so I was determined to be sure it was real labor before making anyone leave their home or night outting.  DH kept texting checking in and couldnt understand why I didnt know if it was real labor or not.  I know, I should be a pro by now but its trickier than ya think sometimes.

Anyway, I got out and had a few more but they were way more manageable and had slowed to 5-7 mins and I could walk and do things during so I unpacked that huge birthpool and went to work.  After 20 mins I got it all blown up (thank goodness I found our electric air pump) and the liner in it.  Everything else is set up so Im good to go.  Now here I am in bed, having them still but they are much more tolerable (but still intense) and not as irratic and scary close together.  I have checked my cervix twice but can't seem to tell much.  If there is change from earlier today, its very small so I am not sure.  Its quarter to 1 am now and this all started about 9:30 or so according to my post about it but really kicked in around 10 so maybe its still too soon to tell.

Maybe I will wake up tomorrow and it will be like it never happened except for that huge birth pool taking up my entire diningroom sitting there mocking me, lol.

Either way, it wont be long now.  Today is my moms b-day and she kept telling me I couldn't have her till today so they could share a b-day.  Who knows she may get her wish.

Gonna lay here and watch some instant stream netflix episodes of "eureka"  weird show I just discovered, not sure if I like it yet, but somehow I am already in the 2nd season, lol.

Well, here's to hoping something is going down!

#110 of 152 Old 06-04-2011, 10:57 PM

Oh and by the way, is it just me or what the heck is up with a midwife who is on call and just talked to you earlier saying "Maybe tonight" being unreachable??  Maybe she is at another birth and is really distracted is all I can think.  I don't get it.  What if they hadn't slowed, what if they pick back up and I still can't get her?  Thank goodness I have her back up number (who lives even farther from me and is a total stranger who I have never talked to or met) I am really questioning if I better be prepared to UC now.  Um, I have this feeling though I am really gonna need her.  Not that anything bad will happen, I mean just for how intense my labors are and i have always needed that little bit of support of just knowing she is there.  Also, the backup midwife was only taking her clients for last weekend for my midwifes vacation, would it be rude to call her when she is not on call for my own midwife anymore just because I can't get ahold of mine?  Not to attend my birth but to get an opinion of if its real labor and maybe some advice on what to do since I can't get ahold of my midwife.

Guess if it got crazy enough I would just call her, worst she can say is she can't really do anything since i am not her client.  Ugh, really urked right now.

#111 of 152 Old 06-05-2011, 12:35 AM

Ak, Sharita!  Put your midwife's number on redial until you get her!  Try the back up midwife too.  She may even know what's going on with your midwife.  If you end up UCing, I would tell DH that you are NOT going to the hospital, but that he should have the phone next to him in case 911 is needed.  Of course, I am 5 minutes away from the hospital, so my decisions might be slightly different than yours, given your situation.  Hang in there!  I hope it straightens out or things calm down for you!

Getting ready to go to bed here.  Hoping I don't have consistent contractions like I normally do when I try to relax and go to sleep.  DH says he feels sick, with a headache, sore mouth (throat?).  I am so hoping that he is NOT coming down with something!  I need him through labor and PP and it would be awful to have to keep myself and the babe away if he is contagious.  I HOPE I am just a worrier!

We had a good day going to a wedding and coming home to do some things around the house.  I finally got DH to put stuff in the crawl space and I made a complete idiot of myself trying to make my own design for a  pocket sling for DD to carry her dolls in.  I ended up with an oven mitt.  I had a good laugh over that, and recovered somewhat. smile.gif  Unfortunately DD screamed when I put it on her after her nap.  greensad.gif  I don't think she was done sleeping, and I think it will go over much better when I am carrying MY baby in a sling too.

If I haven't had the baby by tomorrow afternoon, I made DH promise we would clean the borrowed tub and find an adapter for the sink.  Once that and my little bit of sewing is done, I sincerely don't know what else needs to be done before baby.  Although, knowing myself, I will FIND things.  Maybe I'll make muffins for the freezer or organize my drawers or write thank you notes to people who've helped us move.  Yeah, I think I'll stay busy!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#112 of 152 Old 06-05-2011, 01:31 AM

Sharita, what's going on? You still in one piece? Yes, I would be SUPER annoyed if I couldn't get hold of my MW... actually, my last MW was notoriously hard to get hold of, but given that I didn't go into labour spontaneously, it wasn't an issue. My current one has to be contacted through a third party (unless you page her, which I haven't done yet), but she's very prompt about returning calls.

#113 of 152 Old 06-05-2011, 02:01 AM

Max'sMama - congrats!! love.gif

Sharita - I hope you're busy having your baby right now! Oh, and that you managed to contact your MW. What the heck is that about?

Hey, have any of you had just one never-ending contraction?? I've just woken up to that. I kept waiting for it to pass, but instead of starting & stopping, it's just like one ongoing bad menstrual cramp. Painful.

Must not get excited. This would be about the 107th time I've seriously wondered whether I'm in labor.

Mama to a preschooler and a baby.

#114 of 152 Old 06-05-2011, 04:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sharita - I'd be a bit pissed in your situation. I couldn't imagine not being able to get a hold of my midwife when I needed to - that would make me insane! I hope that you were finally able to get a hold of your midwife and I hope you're in the middle of a lovely birth with your midwife and hubby present!

We did our full run-through with the birth pool last night. It was a little slice of heaven all filled with water. DS had a blast jumping around in it. DH was grumpy as usual and I yelled at him to get out and go away after about 10 or 15 minutes or so of his pissing and moaning and yelling at DS everytime he splashed the slightest bit of water out of the pool onto the waterproof tarp. Grrr - DH ended up sleeping on the couch last night. I had the most productive day yesterday and I'm convinced that it was because DH was gone a good part of it. His constant pissing and moaning drains my energy every time he's around.I don't usually get the luxury of a Saturday without him around. And of course during the week when he isn't around I have daycare kiddos here and am drained from that anyways! So it was great. I put away a TON of laundry in our bedroom. There were so many baskets upon baskets of clean laundry that I could barely walk in there. Anyways, then I vacuumed a bit and started putting up the cosleeper. And of course there's parts missing on our cosleeper. We moved roughly a year ago and I'm thinking somehow in the moving mess a couple pieces could've been discarded. I've looked but can't find them anywhere. So now we will be ordering replacement parts last minute and hoping they get here in time!

Today I've got to tackle DS's bedroom. I keep waiting on DH to get certain things done in there and it's not happening and this kiddo has been waiting for months on his superhero bedroom. So I'll see how much I can get done today. I also need to finish putting the birth supplies together seeing as I'm now officially 37 weeks and could technically have a home birth at any time (although I'm not anticipating any action until due date or later). I did finally figure out what to wear during labor - a minor detail but it feels good to have it figured out. I do need to do a bit of sewing though. I have a long sleeved Victorias Secret sleepshirt that I never wear, so I'm going to cut the sleeves and make it short-sleeved so that it won't feel too hot during labor. So I'll add that to my to-do list. I also want to create some sort of birthing playlist to load onto my ipod.

Anyways, I did figure out that I've been having BH. Not a ton and so incredibly painless that I had no idea I was having them. I kind of like it when I get one - it's like it's a nice reminder that baby is on the way and will be here soon!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
#115 of 152 Old 06-05-2011, 06:49 AM

Congratulations, MaxsMama! I hope you and the new little one are having a great time!

Crossing fingers for you, Sharita!

Our party ended up actually going really well, after a power outage and our sink getting stopped up. It was actually not just hubby's friends but friends of both of ours, and a mixed group so not just a bunch of guys boozing it up. I felt a lot better after some food and a little rest--although I do still think that people shouldn't show up to a party two hours early, I'm not irritated about it anymore. Our one friend (one of the early-comers) brought a ton of baby presents including a wide variety of clothes, and she said "I have six nephews and no nieces, I never get to shop for girls!"

#116 of 152 Old 06-05-2011, 08:09 AM

Sharita I would not be happy with the MW either, and I would totally call the back-up! However, I'm hoping that you got in touch with your MW and that you're already holding your sweet baby. :)

Erigeron, I'm glad the party turned out well, despite the power outage and stopped up sink.

We almost lost power to our house last night. A little over a week ago we had a HUGE storm here that spawned a bunch of little tornadoes and had BIG hail, rain, lightening, thunder and really high winds. Some of that high wind broke a huge tree branch in our backyard, which has sort of been resting on the powerlines in our back yard that go to the house. Last night the branch started shifting and I had to have the power company come out and cut it down. By the time the guy got here it was dark so he was out there with his headlamp, giant spotlight flashlight and a really cool retractable chainsaw cutting pieces of tree apart. Luckily the power line didn't break so we still have power. Yay!

And the contractions brought on by pumping last night petered out after about 2 hours. When I woke up this morning I had a couple more smaller ctx and then when I sat up to get out of bed I had a really sharp, stabbing pain on the lower right side of my belly. I think it was from an irritated round ligament or something.

Anyhoo... the boy and I are off to church. Then we'll meet up with mom and DD at Costco and then we'll all head home, put stuff away and pack up to head to the lake this afternoon. The temps today will be high 90s, possibly up to 100, and I'm ready to go swimming! This is the first weekend we've had free in a while so it will be nice to get out of town for a bit (45 minutes away, anyway) and play in the water.

Jenni

#117 of 152 Old 06-05-2011, 09:59 AM

Well, still here, no baby.  I fell asleep at 2:30 finally but theycame back full force and woke me at 5ish. Right after my last post my midwife called panicked.  I guess she said she had her phone on her charger by her bed, woke up to check it since it never went off in the middle of the night, only to find it dead.  She took the battery out, put it back in and when she got it working, allher missed calls and texts showed up.  She was so scared I was in the hospital or was sitting here alone holding a baby, lol.  Well, it was even more scary for me, let me tell ya.

So, by the time she calls, I have NOTHING to report, everything fizzled out after the second bath.  What the heck!  These contractions were so painful I had to moan through them, my bowels were emptying (still doing it this morning) pain was deep in front and in back and shooting down my legs, etc and then what, it just stops???

I noticed baby wasn't doing too much moving while all that was happening but the second time it died down she started bouncing around in there like crazy.  Midwife thinks my body was trying to turn baby and it may not have worked or labor may have just kept on.  Either way, she has a feeling it will start back up tonight.  She went and got a new phone and has been touching base still.

Its so weird to think that could have been "false labor"  I mean, if thats the case, I give up and even though this is #6 for me, obviously know nothing about labor.  I mean, how are we supposed to ever know when its real labor or not when stuff like that happens that is only supposed to happen in real labor?  Contractions getting close, stronger, cant talk through them, but it goes away???

I can say one thing.  I am no longer fearing the pain like I was a few days ago.  Something about all that intensity last night reminded me I could do it as I got to use some of my coping techniques.  So thats one good thing.

Another is, as many birth stories as I have read on here, though its never happened to me (till last night) there have been several mamas who went into labor, it stalled out, then a day or two later, they were holding their babies.

Could it be that it wasn't false labor at all but I am just stalled now for whatever reason?  Who knows. 

Though I am not as disappointed as I thought I would be for some reason, I am remaining extremely patient (as of right now) I am really emotional for some reason.  Last night just took a lot out of me.  I am having random mild contractions so far today but nothing too promising.  I wouldn't mind it starting back up tonight but am prepared to go another week...ugh.

Imma go catch up on all these posts and wonderful birth stories now and get inspired.

#118 of 152 Old 06-05-2011, 01:40 PM

Arrgh. You know a really good way not to get sleep? Pregnancy insomnia and heartburn, combined with a couple of BHs that could almostkindasorta be considered real contractions... plus reading a substantial chunk of an informative and illustrated tome called "The Complete Jack the Ripper" before going to sleep. Not a good move, Smokering.

Sharita, my goodness... I can see your MW made an honest mistake with the phone, but I'd be pretty livid about that! I'm sure your hours of contracting did SOMETHING productive... hopefully the next bout of labour will be short and easy for you!

Was getting pretty antsy about having this baby last night (couldn't sleep, was trying to fixate on something other than the mercifully grainy mortuary photos of "Long Liz"), and I've decided to spend today as if it were the last one I'll get before the baby's born. In other words, sewing, cleaning, making some more pumpkin soup to freeze, and generally being useful instead of moping about - and then tonight, if she doesn't flake on me for the third time, my friend will come over and we will watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. That wouldn't be a bad way to end this pregnancy.

But right now I'm going back to bed. :p And hoping I'll wake up when the timer goes off, so I can eat freshly-baked raisin bread for breakfast! (Speaking of food, I made dulce de leche ice cream last night. SO GOOD! And super easy - you make the dulce de leche just by boiling sweetened condensed milk in its tin until it turns caramelly, and then the recipe I used was Philadelphia-style, so no custard base - you just mixed it with cream, milk, vanilla and salt. Both DH and our flatmate broke their diets in order to try some - muahaha.)

#119 of 152 Old 06-05-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

Arrgh. You know a really good way not to get sleep? Pregnancy insomnia and heartburn, combined with a couple of BHs that could almostkindasorta be considered real contractions... plus reading a substantial chunk of an informative and illustrated tome called "The Complete Jack the Ripper" before going to sleep. Not a good move, Smokering.

Sharita, my goodness... I can see your MW made an honest mistake with the phone, but I'd be pretty livid about that! I'm sure your hours of contracting did SOMETHING productive... hopefully the next bout of labour will be short and easy for you!

Was getting pretty antsy about having this baby last night (couldn't sleep, was trying to fixate on something other than the mercifully grainy mortuary photos of "Long Liz"), and I've decided to spend today as if it were the last one I'll get before the baby's born. In other words, sewing, cleaning, making some more pumpkin soup to freeze, and generally being useful instead of moping about - and then tonight, if she doesn't flake on me for the third time, my friend will come over and we will watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. That wouldn't be a bad way to end this pregnancy.

But right now I'm going back to bed. :p And hoping I'll wake up when the timer goes off, so I can eat freshly-baked raisin bread for breakfast! (Speaking of food, I made dulce de leche ice cream last night. SO GOOD! And super easy - you make the dulce de leche just by boiling sweetened condensed milk in its tin until it turns caramelly, and then the recipe I used was Philadelphia-style, so no custard base - you just mixed it with cream, milk, vanilla and salt. Both DH and our flatmate broke their diets in order to try some - muahaha.)

That fresh rainin bread and ice cream sound soooo good.  I have this weird thing with condensed milk.  I try to work it into every dessert I can because its just sinful!!!!  I had no idea you could boil the can itself to make caramel (or dulce de leche) Wooooow

#120 of 152 Old 06-05-2011, 04:43 PM

Yes! Try it. Today! It's fantastic. You just bring it to a boil and keep it topped up with water, simmering, for about three hours. Keep a lid on the pot and don't use a dented can - my husband's parents once had a can explode all over the kitchen and the dog. I've done it dozens of times without disaster, though. :p Apparently you can also caramelise it by tipping it out of the can and baking it, but I like my no-muss-no-fuss way better.

Then when it's done, it's thick - thicker than sweetened condensed milk, it won't fall off the spoon - and utterly delicious. And you can use it as the base for banoffee pie, or swirl it in vanilla ice cream, or use it as the caramel layer for a chocolate caramel slice, or, well, anything really. DH's mother used to boil up a tin and pop it in DH's Christmas stocking every year, and he'd spend a happy diabetes-inducing few days eating it out of the can with a spoon. Now we're married I've taken over that tradition; it makes him so happy. :p

Anyway, if I can introduce the delights of homemade dulce de leche to another human being, my time on earth will not have been wasted. So go make some. :p

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page