*June is Here!! Bring on the babies!!- Week 1 Chat Thread* - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-07-2011, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, here I am still.  6 days past my due date.  Not feeling too antsy but am wishing she would come already I am just so anxious to meet her.   My midwife has been calling me checking in constantly.  Wish I had more to report, lol.  She called me yesterday to see where I was at labor signs wise because another mama who wasn't due for a couple weeks had her water break.  She told me mama was having contractions a minute apart already as she was on her way, they started out kinda crazy I guess.  I wished her luck and then laughed how all these mamas that aren't due for weeks keep going before me, lol.  I guess we aren't in line or anything or I'd be saying "hey, no cutting!!!"  Then she called me this morning and I still had nothing to report but I asked her how the birth went and she said it was a surprise breech! (frank breech) and that baby must have just flipped in the past few days.  It was a little scary as she had to help baby's head flex to deliver since head just wasn't coming on its own.  She is very hands off and usually likes to let breeches spontaneously deliver but she saw she needed to step in.  She said baby also needed a little help to get started.  So, they called 911 just to have them on the way while they got baby going as she just likes to have them at least on the way.  Of course, baby got going fine and was already nursing when a cop and 6 paramedics showed up but thankfully the DH knew the cop and one of the paramedics had a homebirth also so no one was freaked out.  Did I mention this was a first time mom? A primip with a surprise breech sure would have scared the crap outta me if I were the midwife, lol.

I told her that I feel like anytime now, its just gonna kick in and labor start.  She agrees and thinks just like my last one, when it does kick start, it will go super fast.

Man, I had some weird dreams last night.  First I dreamt I lost my mucus plug and it was like the size of a softball and all red with bloody streaks so I knew it was really the plug, lol.  Then, I woke up, went back to sleep and dreamed that one of my midwifes birth assistants, the one I have never met, called me and said that she hopes I have a "sour birth".  and was basically wishing me a hard time and stuff.  I couldn't imagine why but I immediately just decided to hang up on her and told her I wasn't listening to any negativity and am staying positive.  Then I called my midwife to tell her what this girl did and repeated that she said she hoped I had a "sour birth"  and I woke up before my midwifes reaction.  Weird!!

How are all you mamas today? Anyone else feel right on the verge and got that "anytime" feeling?

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2011, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Come on over to the week two thread!

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1316540/june-chat-thread-week-2#post_16488872

blowkiss.gif

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

User Tag List