*June is Here!! Bring on the babies!!- Week 1 Chat Thread* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thought I would start our birth month chat thread!!!

Link to May Week 4's Thread

We're all waiting (some patiently some not so patiently!) for our babies to arrive earth side :)

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#2 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

MaryElizabeth- Awesome scores :D I feel you on second guessing the sex. I do it every day. Thankfully we have a boy name and enough GN clothes to make it through if SHE is in fact a HE.

Lidia- I'm so jealous of your massage!

I have my baskets mostly ready for labor and PP. One basket for baby and one for me.

Baby's Basket:

Diapers (sposies until I have the energy to deal with cloth/the cloth fits)

Wipes

3 sleep sack outfits w/hats

1 GN  Tshirt w/ footie pants and matching hat (JIC ;) )

Extra Hats

2 pairs of socks

Blankets

4 Flour Sack Flats (to use as towels)

Bulb Syringe

Alcohol Wipes

Thermometer

Burb Rags

Plastic Bags (for any trash)

My Basket:

2 pairs undies

Mama cloth

6 disposable adult diapers

2 washable chux pads

2 blankets

Wash clothes

Cotton Swabs

Alcohol

Peroxide

What I still need to get together:

PP outfit for me

Towels

Nursing Pads (I need to make them!!)

Nursing Bra (I think I still have one...if not I need to find a sports bra)

Bowls for placenta/possible vomit (different bowls obviously lol)

Cup and straw

PP wrap/belly binding? (still have to make)

What's left to do:

Clean my bedroom/Bathroom

Clean kids Bathroom

Clean Hall way

Wash bedsheets/blankets/pillowcases/towels/wrap

The car seat has been washed and put back together. DD1 is moved into the convertible car seat now. Basically I'm really just playing the wait game. My midwife has 5 of us due all around the same-ish time and only 3 birth pools. She's leaving 2 at clients houses and keeping one with her. I'm pretty sure I'm first up on the list, but as long as she has one with her I should be fine not having to fight to keep the kids out of it if she leaves one here for me lol. Friday we get our food stamps and I have to remember to buy some frozen fruit for my placenta smoothies. I am a bit bummed I don't have a boppy this time around. I think I might post on facebook and see if anyone has one to give away. Sadly, I know most of them didn't breastfeed, but probably got one so it may work in my favor.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#3 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 11:02 AM

Those are some great lists, Sarah Lynne!  I may have to borrow them!

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#4 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 11:33 AM

subbing. lurk.gif

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#5 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Jenni - thanks for the link on the nursing scholarship program. It looks like a really great opportunity. I really hope you get it! Right now DH is thinking he'll likely go in the military, so we'll likely go that route, but it's good to know that this program is also out there!

Sarah - You're so prepared. I'm really put to shame here. I have so much crap to get together!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
#6 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimming-duck View Post

Jenni - thanks for the link on the nursing scholarship program. It looks like a really great opportunity. I really hope you get it! Right now DH is thinking he'll likely go in the military, so we'll likely go that route, but it's good to know that this program is also out there!

Sarah - You're so prepared. I'm really put to shame here. I have so much crap to get together!

To be fair, I wasn't prepared. The other night when I thought I might be in labor we went to walmart and bought everything I didn't have ready yet because I thought she was coming lol. Its all been sitting in bags on the couch since we went shopping. Maybe now that its all neat and ready to go she'll decide to come!

#7 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimming-duck View Post

The military is a good option as well. Depending on where he's going to school there are ROTC programs that can help with expenses while he's in school still and then he does his service afterwards. I have 3 people in my nursing class that are doing the Army ROTC program at my university. We also have an Air Force ROTC program that does nursing scholarships and stuff.

I just got back from running a bunch of errands. A friend had bought a Bumbo for one of my baby showers, and another friend just told me this morning that she has one for me, along with a Moby wrap! She's sending those off to me ASAP. :)  That means that I got to return the other Bumbo along with a bunch of other stuff that I didn't even register for (I will never understand why people do that) and I ended up getting a few other things that I need, plus a pack of those Aden+Anais muslin blankets. I've been eyeing them for some time now, but thought that I had enough blankets. I realized the other day that 80% of my blankets are thick and fuzzy and we're in Texas and it's going to be HOT until October. So I sprung for the muslin blankets.

The ctx are still going... but not really going anywhere that I can tell. LOL

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#8 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 12:59 PM

June??? What??? No way!! dizzy.gif
Bring on the babies joy.gif

Wow, I have missed so much! It's getting harder for me to keep up with the daily chats now that we are in the home stretch. The weather here has finally become tolerable and the kids are keeping me occupied outside and having FUN!!! Finally!! I am feeling prepared, relaxed and ready to not be pregnant anymore.

Sarah, thanks for posting your lists - totally reminded me of a few things I want to have on hand but keep forgetting about. I am making a Target run tomorrow morning so I pick up the last of the goodies and buy some bigger underpants - mine are just way too tight and I can't survive another day without some grannie panties, lol.

Our good news is that DH finally got a steady job. It is part time but has health benefits after 30 days and allows him plenty of time to keep his real estate business going. The only downside is that he will be working from 10am until 10:30 pm on Sundays - and there will be no time off after the baby is born. Hopefully family and friends will be around to lend a hand.

My keyboard has suddenly switched to spanish mode¡ Hence that upside down exclamation mark¡¡ Gotta go figure out how to fix this.....eyesroll.gif

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#9 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 01:41 PM

I have been pretty miserable for the last few days.  It started when my trip to the chiro offered me quite noticable relief from my spd for 24 hours only to have it come back worse than before.  It hurt to walk a bit before, but now, its actually hard to walk without limping and waddling very exaggeratedly.   That was just the start along with getting a yeast infection, several ingrown hairs down there from trying to shave to trim up thinking I could feel "cleaner", hemorroids getting way worse and new ones popping up, it just kept getting worse.  Then I decided to get out a little bit today.  DH and I took our toddler to the park (he is on vacation until thursday, another reason I was in a hurry for baby) and I just came back feeling much better.  Actually I have accepted that she may not come until he has went back to work and that's okay.  We can just use his vacation to finish preparing.  Not that I have much left to do.  I am not sure if it will stick, but I am in a much better place with patience for today anyway.  I also figure, if baby is still in there, there is a good reason.  When have they ever came when its convenient for us anyway?, lol.  I am hoping my dark cloud has passed.  Still, part of me is secretly wondering if my new mood could also mean I am close, haha.  It never ends!  I will drive myself nuts one way or another, lol. 

Love that list Sarah Lynne, I have the same two baskets by my bed pretty much. 

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#10 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Nothing much to report here. I'm 39 weeks today, and in 5 days I'll officially be more pregnant than I've ever been. :p I'm really not expecting anything to happen for a long time yet, though - I've only had minimal BH, no mucous plug, no leaking waters, nothing. And I'm still OK with it. So that's good!

Feel up to going to Bible study today for the first time in weeks... hopefully I can get my Ottobre magazines back! Another mother borrowed them ages ago, but I really want to finish some little overalls I was making for the baby, and I need the pattern. Then tonight some friends are coming over to watch Harry Potter, and we will eat chocolate mousse. Then tomorrow... ooh, no plans for tomorrow. Maybe I'll see if SIL and I can go op-shopping while our husbands watch our babies.

In the meantime I'm trying to be a Good Mother and take DD to the playground a lot. If the weather holds on Saturday, maybe I can bully DH into letting us all go to the public gardens, and I can take the camera along and get some pregnancy/family photos before it's too late!

The baby's chest of drawers arrived yesterday, and I spent a happy time filling it up with newborn/0-3 month clothes. It'll never look this neat again. :p The good news is, we have enough clothes now. So any baby sewing I do from here on in is gravy. Although, I really should get around to making a sling...

I've kinda given up on my third trimester tea - RRL and nettle and stuff. It's just SO VILE! You use half a cup of loose herbs and you're meant to steep it for four hours, and it's bitter and acrid and just generally repulsive. I've tried it with honey and I've tried it mixed half-and-half with orange juice, and I've tried it cold, and any way I drink it it makes me shudder. If I steep it for less time it's slightly less bitter, but not a lot. I guess I should at least get some cheap RRL tea to drink instead - better than nothing, right? I can probably bring myself to down a bunch of the good/horrible stuff at the start of labour, but according to the packet I'm meant to drink 4 cups a day. Just not gonna happen.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#11 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 01:58 PM

What's funny to me about that list and HB supplies in general is that it makes me realise that I have no shame when it comes to shopping - I'll buy every butt product, pee my pants product, menstrual product etc etc etc and not even give it a thought. 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#12 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 02:05 PM

Sara, your list reminded me of a few baby things I forgot to pull out! (the nasal sucker and socks... not that they EVER stay on! lol)

I can't stop myself from obsessively checking our ddc for birth announcements every day. (which isn't helping my impatience, and I'm only 37 weeks!)

Let's have some babies mammas!! love.gif

I've got three monkeys jumping on the bed!!

#13 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 02:17 PM

I will be 40 weeks on Sunday. joy.gifI had a disappointing appt. today, I have not had anymore progress in the past 2 weeks. I was really expecting to be a solid 3 or 4 but, nope still just barely 3. My midwife said my cervix even felt thicker today, it was 70%. LOL, she said it was just baby position but still it was disappointing.

On the good news. I passed 2 section of the CSET (California teacher exam) This was my first time taking it so I was excited, some people have a hard time passing it so that is a load off. I am also done with school for the summer. YAY!!! The only thing is that school was keeping me busy enough to not get too impatient. Now, I feel like the days are dragging. Anyone have some good ideas of things I can do to keep busy. I am home all day and by myself while dd is at school and dh is at work. I bought a baby book today, I thought I would start that.

I have everything ready for baby at this point. I had low fluid a few weeks ago and got a scare that I might have to have her early so I got moving and got everything done and ready.

What else?? Oh, DD is in a play tomorrow night, I am very excited that I will be able to go see it.

Well, I am excited for June and for our babies to get here!!

#14 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post

I can't stop myself from obsessively checking our ddc for birth announcements every day. (which isn't helping my impatience, and I'm only 37 weeks!)

This is me all the way too!!!

#15 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

hug2.gif sharita.

I want to keep my fingers crossed really hard that this will go my way. A position opened up at the prison I work at for a civilian Food Service worker. DH has the qualifications and the added bonus of being a certified officer with all the training. He's going to apply tonight for it and I'm just praying he gets it. If he does I'll be all set to stay home with the kids because he'll make almost as much as I'm make (pretty much what I'm making now on disability.) Plus I know he'll work one of two shifts and no later than 7 or 8pm.  I've also found a few other jobs that he'd qualify for so here's hoping.

#16 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 02:43 PM

fingersx.gif i hope he gets it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post

hug2.gif sharita.

I want to keep my fingers crossed really hard that this will go my way. A position opened up at the prison I work at for a civilian Food Service worker. DH has the qualifications and the added bonus of being a certified officer with all the training. He's going to apply tonight for it and I'm just praying he gets it. If he does I'll be all set to stay home with the kids because he'll make almost as much as I'm make (pretty much what I'm making now on disability.) Plus I know he'll work one of two shifts and no later than 7 or 8pm.  I've also found a few other jobs that he'd qualify for so here's hoping.

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#17 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 02:48 PM

I feel almost over prepared!  I will 40 weeks on Friday, and my MIL got here yesterday.  I was waiting for a package from a Dear Friend that is still in Okinawa with the cloth diapers and kimono wraps that I REALLY wanted for baby while her cord is still attached, and it got here just an hour after my MIL got here yesterday!  Midwife came today and confirmed with me that baby is SUPER LOW.  Started having a little bit of mucusy discharge this morning.  She also said that my BP had jumped 10 points on both, which is a "midwife sign" of a nearing labor.  My BP stays the same most of my pg so I had never heard that before.  I am really hoping she's right :)  My ctx have gotten long and hard just sporadic, so hopefully my body will be very ready when things start up.

I have the same fear of SHE coming out a HE because we would have NOTHING boyish.  I might have 1 or 2 onsies that could be worn, but DH would insist on a shopping spree immediately :)  After the 3 girls we already have, I would love to see his face if it was a surprise boy :)  I hope we start having more babies soon - - mine includedwinky.gif

Endlessly happy wife to heartbeat.gifSteve, homeschool.gifHomeschooling Mama to energy.gifDD Jordin - 1/20/04, bouncy.gifDD Riley - 12/10/06, and nut.gifDD Lillian our first uc.jpg  h20homebirth.gif 7/10/08, DDlove.gif Zoie 6/3/11 and new bean in June 2013

#18 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 03:17 PM

ARGH!!!! I want to cry and scream right now!! I have been telling my kids that it hurts me to load and unload the dishwasher, and to stand there and rinse/wash stuck on stuff off before loading the dishwasher. Which it does. I can't get in a comfortable position in front of the sink because of my belly and it makes me all hunched over and it HURTS! So I asked them to please help me out and unload the dishwasher and then load it. I told them that I'm exhausted and I got only 4 hours of sleep last night and I NEED THEIR HELP.

I went to lay down for a little bit, 45 minutes ago, and I came back out and of course... not ONE dish has been done! They want to go to summer camp next week and the parent meeting is tonight. I have the privilege of driving an hour one way through rush-hour traffic to this meeting for THEM, so I can pay money for THEM, so that THEY can have fun. And the thanks I get is people ignoring me very clearly asking for help and watching TV instead. I'm about 2 seconds from smashing the TVs so they can't watch them at all this summer.

Why can't they just freaking HELP me out???

Oh, and I keep getting more gobs of mucous and the ctx aren't getting more frequent but they are still getting longer and more intense.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

#19 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 05:08 PM

Sorry you hate the RRL tea, Smokering.  I drink a strong infusion (4 cups in a gallon of boiling water soaked overnight) of RRL, nettle, comfrey, and oat straw.  I put it in the fridge and drink it cold with Stevia drops in it.  I think of it as iced tea, and it's much better.  I tried mixing it with juice once and it tasted awful.  I also can't drink it straight or lukewarm or it makes me gag.  I like the Stevia because it is liquid and mixes quickly.  When I make my infusion for birth, I plan to put honey in for energy (but still chill it).  Is it possible to leave one of the herbs out and see if it is more tolerable that way?  BTW, this thread is very encouraging!

I'm not sure what's happening with me.  I am having about 2 or 3 contractions an hour.  My body is clearing out, but no bloody show that I can see.  I guess this could go on for days and days, but my gut says that the baby will be here before this next weekend is over.  I guess we'll see!  EDD is Monday!  I have a midwife appointment tomorrow 30 minutes away.  I am dreading the drive.  I wonder if I should just have her do an internal check while I'm there to see if these contractions are doing anything, but the other half of me just wants to have a normal labor where none are needed!

I'm sorry to all who are struggling!  I feel for you!  I feel so blessed to have a good support group around me and things relatively normal in my life right now!  I hope you all have a few moments where you can take care of yourself.

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

#20 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

The herbs are all mixed together, so I can't leave any out, sadly. I remember getting pretty sick of plain RRL tea last pregnancy, but I don't remember it tasting this horrible - must be the nettle. It doesn't help that I'm not a hot-drink person to begin with (or an iced-tea person) - if I go out "for coffee", I always get a milkshake or iced chocolate, not actual coffee or tea. Ah well.

Time for lunch, I think - pumpkin soup and pumpkin bread! I inspected the rest of our pumpkins and luckily they all seem to be sound, so there's no hurry to process 'em. Just as well too, I was beginning to run out of ideas!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#21 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post

The herbs are all mixed together, so I can't leave any out, sadly. I remember getting pretty sick of plain RRL tea last pregnancy, but I don't remember it tasting this horrible - must be the nettle. It doesn't help that I'm not a hot-drink person to begin with (or an iced-tea person) - if I go out "for coffee", I always get a milkshake or iced chocolate, not actual coffee or tea. Ah well.

Time for lunch, I think - pumpkin soup and pumpkin bread! I inspected the rest of our pumpkins and luckily they all seem to be sound, so there's no hurry to process 'em. Just as well too, I was beginning to run out of ideas!

Mmmmm, pumpkin!  I love pumpkin!!!

I ordered some "pregnancy tea" from etsy with RRL, nettle, rose hips, lemon balm, oatstraw, and maybe something else.  It was reccomended by someone in the RRL thread.  I was shocked how good and mild and soothing the flavor was as I tried some plain old RRL tea last pregnancy and it was so bitter I couldn't make myself drink it.  I am so glad I liked this blend so much. 

Josie, sounds very promising and like your gearing up for the main event!

Jenni, so sorry your kids are being... well, kids, lol.  Hope they start helping out a little more.  I had to have a talk with my oldest as well when he started complaining about the 1 little thing he is required to do.  Just keep the livingroom and diningroom picked up since his little brother (only 17 months) keeps his toys all over.  Mind you he only owns 20 toys tops and there are only like 10 or so on the floor at one time, and he had the nerve to tell me I make him do too much!  Hahahaha!  I told him most 10 yr olds have a chore list including dishes, vacuuming, maybe laundry, etc.  If his only job is to keep the livingroom and diningroom floor picked up and occasionally empty the dishwasher for me so I can load it, then he is one lucky kid!!!!  I told him I will consider giving him an actual chore list like I had as a kid and we will see how that works for him.  He hasn't really complained since, lol.

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

#22 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 05:46 PM

I am worried I'm going to fail my longitudinal rotation and not graduate. I have been concerned about this for a while but have been waiting to see if it resolved itself. I emailed my instructor and her response wasn't very helpful. I really hate the idea of calling her now so I am just going to try and wait until tomorrow and call her then, since there is nothing I can do tonight anyway. Just trying not to think about it. Hubby thinks I should call her, but it always drives me bonkers when his students call at all hours about stuff that could have kept.

#23 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 06:27 PM

ARRGH! You ladies are gonna hit me!!! So today, instead of going to a FREE massage session which I probably desperately need, I decided to take advantage of no DD and really have a go at the house; between 12:30 and 5:00 I painted DD's closet, vacuumed the whole house, washed all the ceramic floors, washed the bathrooms, dusted the upstairs, cleaned the kitchen, tidied most of the house and made dinner. I just REALLY didn't want to interrupt that good cleaning energy to drive across town, get all relaxed, drive back across town and have to motivate myself to clean when I knew I didn't have enough time to finish before DD and DH came home. That, and I had already driven across town this morning for my U/S, and I will have to drive back across town tomorrow for my MW appt. I felt bad using all that gas when it's soo expensive :(

On the up side, I got all that cleaning done, plus a bunch of random errands this morning, because I know I will be physically beat tomorrow after getting my membranes swept, and, mentally, I know that getting the house really clean was one of the last "big" projects that I wanted done before baby comes. Most of my other things are just spring-cleaning type projects that I can pick away at to pass the time, and they are not so labour-intensive (pun not intended). I'm exhausted and sore, I didn't get a nap, my feet and ankles are gigantic, I'm filthy, and I FEEL GREAT!!! I still have loads of laundry to do in the Great Ringworm Battle, but I can see the progress :)

At my U/S this morning, the tech estimated that baby is 6lb 10oz, from which I'm going to subtract half a pound, because I feel that they always over-estimate my babies' weights, but even at that, it looks like I have over a 6-pounder, which I am THRILLED about. I'm not even 39w yet, and when I was induced at 39w w/ DD1, she was only 5.5.  The tech, on the other hand, was worried, and kept asking questions about whether I've been leaking fluid, or if the baby's moving well...and she said because the weight was "low" she would have to do an extra test, by which I knew she meant checking the cord.  I guess I will find out tomorrow if I should be worried or not. She finally said that everything looked good and baby was healthy, but she sure didn't look thrilled :(

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#24 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klynne View Post

Sara, your list reminded me of a few baby things I forgot to pull out! (the nasal sucker and socks... not that they EVER stay on! lol)

Gap baby socks do. Mostly.  

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#25 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieAK View Post

Sorry you hate the RRL tea, Smokering.  I drink a strong infusion (4 cups in a gallon of boiling water soaked overnight) of RRL, nettle, comfrey, and oat straw.  I put it in the fridge and drink it cold with Stevia drops in it.  I think of it as iced tea, and it's much better.  I tried mixing it with juice once and it tasted awful.  I also can't drink it straight or lukewarm or it makes me gag.  I like the Stevia because it is liquid and mixes quickly.  When I make my infusion for birth, I plan to put honey in for energy (but still chill it).  Is it possible to leave one of the herbs out and see if it is more tolerable that way?  BTW, this thread is very encouraging!

I'm not sure what's happening with me.  I am having about 2 or 3 contractions an hour.  My body is clearing out, but no bloody show that I can see.  I guess this could go on for days and days, but my gut says that the baby will be here before this next weekend is over.  I guess we'll see!  EDD is Monday!  I have a midwife appointment tomorrow 30 minutes away.  I am dreading the drive.  I wonder if I should just have her do an internal check while I'm there to see if these contractions are doing anything, but the other half of me just wants to have a normal labor where none are needed!

I'm sorry to all who are struggling!  I feel for you!  I feel so blessed to have a good support group around me and things relatively normal in my life right now!  I hope you all have a few moments where you can take care of yourself.

hi due date buddy :) i hope we both have our babies before the weekend is over! i have had a burst of energy these last few days, and today took an hour walk by the ocean. ah, heaven. have had crampy braxton hicks for the last couple weeks. last night and the night before i had one, yes one, big, juicy, long contraction. i was like, oh, yes, bring it on! this babe is taking his/her time, that's for sure! i have my ob appt on friday. i hope i will have the baby before then. fingers crossed... all the best to you!

#26 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 06:44 PM

Lidia I am totally jealous of your cleaning spree! I would love to have my whole house cleaned and scrubbed and organized, but I just don't have the energy to make it happen. I do, however, have enough energy to start throwing stuff away and my kids will be missing all kinds of stuff if they keep leaving all their junk laying around. It will suck when they have no socks or shoes left...

We went to the parent meeting for their camp and I was contracting the whole way there, during the entire meeting, and the whole way home. More goo is coming out too. If baby doesn't come tonight or tomorrow, I'm guessing he'll be out by the end of the weekend. I can tell you now that sitting on a plastic folding chair for 90 minutes while in some form of labor is not so comfy.

I'm ready for bed, but I feel like I won't be able to sleep if I can't get the kitchen clean (which means I'll be doing another load of dishes, ouch!) and folding a bunch of laundry. Plus, there are some other things I need to wash, like the new aden+anais blankets.

Jenni

#27 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 07:17 PM

This is way. too. exciting!!!

I've done just about every physical thing I can think of to get ready for my little baby. I'm journalling every day, knitting some last minute things, and just trying to be patient. I'm having a really hard time, though. I fully admit to being tired of being pregnant now. Physically it's not too bad - just common back pain, inflexibility and sleep loss. I'm due the 11th, and the waiting is killing me. I've always been an impatient, impulsive, let's do it now! type of person so this is a particularly hard lesson for me. I just want so badly to hold my little girl and move on to being 'Mama'.

Until that day, I'm baking lots of fresh bread, prepping some new alpaca fleece, keeping up my blog every day, working on my art journal, and trying to keep up the house so there's one less thing to worry about when little Miss does make her appearance. I seem to be wide awake at 5am every day, so while I get more stuff done, the days feel even longer! Hahaha!

I can't wait until this group gets birthing in full swing, it's going to be so busy and such a whirlwind!

I'm a twenty-something Canadian girl married to my sweetheart and due in June with Baby #1
#28 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BHappy View Post

last night and the night before i had one, yes one, big, juicy, long contraction. i was like, oh, yes, bring it on!

I've had a few of those! I had one that was particularly long and intense and thought, "Yes! Make it happen!" followed immediately by the thought that it might seem weird to some people that I was kind of enjoying a big, semi-painful contraction. lol

Jenni

#29 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidamama84 View Post

ARRGH! You ladies are gonna hit me!!! So today, instead of going to a FREE massage session which I probably desperately need, I decided to take advantage of no DD and really have a go at the house; between 12:30 and 5:00 I painted DD's closet, vacuumed the whole house, washed all the ceramic floors, washed the bathrooms, dusted the upstairs, cleaned the kitchen, tidied most of the house and made dinner. I just REALLY didn't want to interrupt that good cleaning energy to drive across town, get all relaxed, drive back across town and have to motivate myself to clean when I knew I didn't have enough time to finish before DD and DH came home. That, and I had already driven across town this morning for my U/S, and I will have to drive back across town tomorrow for my MW appt. I felt bad using all that gas when it's soo expensive :(

On the up side, I got all that cleaning done, plus a bunch of random errands this morning, because I know I will be physically beat tomorrow after getting my membranes swept, and, mentally, I know that getting the house really clean was one of the last "big" projects that I wanted done before baby comes. Most of my other things are just spring-cleaning type projects that I can pick away at to pass the time, and they are not so labour-intensive (pun not intended). I'm exhausted and sore, I didn't get a nap, my feet and ankles are gigantic, I'm filthy, and I FEEL GREAT!!! I still have loads of laundry to do in the Great Ringworm Battle, but I can see the progress :)

At my U/S this morning, the tech estimated that baby is 6lb 10oz, from which I'm going to subtract half a pound, because I feel that they always over-estimate my babies' weights, but even at that, it looks like I have over a 6-pounder, which I am THRILLED about. I'm not even 39w yet, and when I was induced at 39w w/ DD1, she was only 5.5.  The tech, on the other hand, was worried, and kept asking questions about whether I've been leaking fluid, or if the baby's moving well...and she said because the weight was "low" she would have to do an extra test, by which I knew she meant checking the cord.  I guess I will find out tomorrow if I should be worried or not. She finally said that everything looked good and baby was healthy, but she sure didn't look thrilled :(

Well,look at it this way, you traded the physical tension relief for the mental one.  I know I feel super awesome after getting all productive and getting much needed things done.  Its the mental equivilant to a full body massage.  Right now, Id take a super clean and organized house over the massage for sure, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshannyn519 View Post

Lidia I am totally jealous of your cleaning spree! I would love to have my whole house cleaned and scrubbed and organized, but I just don't have the energy to make it happen. I do, however, have enough energy to start throwing stuff away and my kids will be missing all kinds of stuff if they keep leaving all their junk laying around. It will suck when they have no socks or shoes left...

We went to the parent meeting for their camp and I was contracting the whole way there, during the entire meeting, and the whole way home. More goo is coming out too. If baby doesn't come tonight or tomorrow, I'm guessing he'll be out by the end of the weekend. I can tell you now that sitting on a plastic folding chair for 90 minutes while in some form of labor is not so comfy.

I'm ready for bed, but I feel like I won't be able to sleep if I can't get the kitchen clean (which means I'll be doing another load of dishes, ouch!) and folding a bunch of laundry. Plus, there are some other things I need to wash, like the new aden+anais blankets.

Jenni, I am definitely thinking you will be holding that little baby very soon!  I keep getting on here thinking I am going to find you annoucing labor has begun.

#30 of 152 Old 06-01-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharita View Post

Jenni, I am definitely thinking you will be holding that little baby very soon!  I keep getting on here thinking I am going to find you annoucing labor has begun.

I think that maybe it has. I'm just too afraid to jinx it by saying anything for sure! LOL

Jenni

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page