Mothering Forum banner

Had My Amazing UC!!

1K views 20 replies 21 participants last post by  weliveintheforest 
#1 ·
Hey all -- I've been quiet for a while, but I've been lurking and reading, praying and wishing you all well.

I just wanted to let you all know that our beautiful baby boy was born on May 30th in the early morning at home, unassisted as planned, after a marathon over 30 hour labor (I am SO grateful I wasn't in the hospital for many, many reasons -- one of which is I would have gotten a "failure to progress" label slapped on me for sure).

His daddy caught him and although the labor was much longer than I expected (our first, a midwife attended homebirth, was 6 hours of active labor from start to finish) it went exactly as I prayed it would.

He had a nuchal cord wrapped three times pretty tightly but pinked up immediately and cried almost instantly. Placenta came out almost instantly in one piece, I bled very little and felt great afterward. I did use some Shepherd's Purse tincture after the placenta came out for extra reassurance (even if only psychologically lol) ETA: oh, and NO tearing either! I'm amazed by what God did for me in answering my prayers :)

We had zero issues at the doctor (took him around 48 hours) and registering the birth was a piece of cake (the only two things I stressed over lol).

I praise God so much because it was my faith in Him and His design/plan that supported me Spiritually through all this. I can honestly say that even though the labor was HARD WORK (as in, why does anyone choose this, hard lol) I was never once fearful during the entire thing. I just knew everything was going to be okay and I truly believe God provided me peace in that area.

I'm working on the birth story but just wanted to let you all know!

See less See more
Reactions: A_Random_Phrase
#4 ·
Awesome! I am thrilled for you, your DH and your new little baby! I'm so glad that you got the birth that you were praying for. It sounds amazing and I can't wait to read the full birth story!

#18 ·
Yay! Congratulations! I'd love to hear the whole story. It's very inspiring already! I've been praying for peace in my upcoming birth too. So thankful God gave you what you needed! Enjoy your sweet baby!
smile.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.