What is this sensation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-03-2011, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Kind of like the "name this pain" thread but I, being the 6th time mama, for some reason don't know what this one is.

I keep getting these waves of pressure in the rectum like uh-oh I better go to the bathroom, I have to have a BM but there is nothing and its happening in waves regularly (not timeable that I am aware of just very constant).  Also having tons of BH now that are lasting longer and more intense.  Losing a bit of plug today for the first time this pregnancy.  Baby engaged in the pelvis yesterday though I don't recall my last few doing that until the beginning of labor  maybe, I don't know I didn't notice.  Hard to ignore this time as its making it impossible to walk when paired with severe SPD.  I literally need crutches. 

I know rectal pressure, especially for a posterior baby is totally normal and since she is so low now, it makes sense but anyone else getting this intense waves of pressure in the behind that makes you feel like you have to poop?

homebirth.jpg  waterbirth.jpg buddamomimg1.pngmama to the Brady bunch 3 boys, 3 girls. 

DS Jan '02, DD Jan '04, DD Oct '05, DS Spt '07, DS Jan '10, DD Jun '11 Ouruc.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2011, 03:36 PM

Well, my babe isn't posterior, but every time I have a contraction, I have an intense desire to go empty my bladder and bowels too.  No fun because I have my very first hemorrhoid which I have been caring for with tucks and comfrey salve.  I haven't been contracting a lot though, so that is a blessing.  I'm not sure how it's going to be in real labor.  MORE rectal pressure sounds like no fun!

Happy Wife  partners.gif since 12/31/05 ~ Blessed Mama to stillheart.gif 2/8/09 and stillheart.gif 6/11/11, with stillheart.gif on the way due 2/24/14

Old 06-03-2011, 07:05 PM

I have some of that with ctx. Baby is LOA so he's in a great position. I think I'm feeling the rectal and bladder pressure simply because his head is SO far down in my pelvis that it's unavoidable for the pressure to be felt in my rectum and bladder.

Jenni
Momma to my boy (1/99) & girl (7/00), Birthmomma to my Ladybug (8/09), the new baby monkey boy born 6/6/11!
Student nurse, doula, future midwife, and breastfeeding, bedsharing, babywearing, organic gardening, God-loving single momma

Old 06-03-2011, 08:47 PM

Sharita, I had that ALL last evening and night! I swear I went no less than 12 or 15 times. It was nutso, and each time I was like "oh, god, not gonna make it!"  I have no idea what this is, but I was having a bit of bloody show each time, and tonight, when I went, I had a lot, so I guess it's doing SOMETHING good! I don't know whether or not I'm having contractions or stronger BH, because I feel my uterus get tight and something hurts up top. Oh, well, I guess we'll see. My baby hasn't dropped yet, though (I think). Except I'm trying desperately to go into labour on my own this weekend, cause otherwise I'm being induced Monday :(

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
Old 06-05-2011, 02:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm having more rectal pressure this preg, too. Lately, when I roll over in bed in the morning I all-of-a-sudden have to go...now! I don't know if it's related to this being baby #4 (i.e. muscles are all stretched out) or what...Not so fun to feel like you always have to poo!!. I have hemorrhoids for the first time, too. Def not fun.

"So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

User Tag List